[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi pol, recent convert Feel free to ask questions, discuss Why

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 227
Thread images: 34

File: 1497133386355.jpg (74KB, 619x671px) Image search: [Google]
1497133386355.jpg
74KB, 619x671px
Hi pol, recent convert
Feel free to ask questions, discuss

Why you should convert to protestant Christianity too
> Moral high ground on Catholics
>Masturbation not a sin
> Interpretist
> Btfo the current pope
> Going to church is optional
>Jesus God and the holy spirit above all
> Going to church creates stability in your life
> Great way to meet like minded people irl
> Anti-degenerate
>>
>>129464601
Tell me when Protestantism
a)follows the bible
b)doesn't seem to be something that comes much later
c)doesn't contradict the early christians
>>
>>129464819
Today
>>
>>129464898
Protestantism is false

Sorry to destroy your worldview
>>
>>129465000
Which part?
>>
what's the answer to the problem of evil?
>>
>>129464601
Quick rundown on your spiritual journey?
>>
>>129465047
Here is one example from David Downs, Alms: Charity, Reward, and Atonement in Early Christianity

In the book of Deuteronomy, for example, caring for the poor reflects and imitates the character of the Maker, for God is a defender of orphans and widows, a lover of strangers who need food and clothing, and a protector of the poor (Deut 10:18; cf. 1 Sam 2:7-8; Pss 9:9, 18; 12:5; 14:6; 35:10; 68:5-6; 69:32-33; 82:3-4; 107:39-41; 113:7-9; 140:12; 146:5-9; Prov 15:25; 22:22-23; Isa 25:4; 41:17-20; Jer 20:13; cf. the vision in Isa 11:1-5 and 61:1-3). 3 Justice and compassion for resident aliens and orphans should stem from Israel’s own experience and remembrance of living as aliens in a foreign land (Exod 23:9; Deut 24:17-18, 21-22). Similarly, liberation for Israelites from debt and indentured labor during the Year of Jubilee, which is stipulated in Leviticus 25, is grounded in the affirmation that all the land belongs to God (25:23) and that it was God who delivered the people from Egypt and brought them to the land of Canaan (25:38, 42, 55).

Both in legal and in prophetic traditions, oppression or abuse of the poor leads or may lead to starkly negative consequences, including God’s wrath, judgment, or cursing (Exod 22:21-24; Deut 27:19; Isa 10:1-4; Jer 2:34-35; 5:27-29; cf. Prov 21:13; 22:16 [financial ruin]; 28:27; Ezek 16:49-50; 22:29-31; Amos 2:6-8; 4:1-3; 8:4-14; Zeph 7:8-14; Mal 3:5; cf. Eliphaz’ account of Job’s suffering in Job 22:6-13). Violence against or mistreatment of the poor is a sign of rebellion of the wicked against God (Job 24:1-25; Prov 17:5; 30:11-14; Isa 32:7-8). Conversely, refusing to oppress the alien, orphan, or widow secures God’s presence with the people (Jer 7:5-7), and in the indictment leveled against Judah in Isa 1:2-20 (cf. 3:13-15), part of the remedy is for God’s people to “seek justice, rescue the oppressed, defend the orphan, plead for the widow” (1:17, NRSV; cf. 58:6-10). (pg 27)
>>
>>129465061
Capital punishment for most evil (biblically described evil)
>>
>>129465377
There is no Sola Fide in the Bible, the fact that the OT for example encourages charity and punishes those who do not take care of the poor or abuse them shows it

But this is not all.
>>
File: 1483681450897s.jpg (5KB, 166x249px) Image search: [Google]
1483681450897s.jpg
5KB, 166x249px
>>129465377
>>
>>129465223
Ex-leftist that realised their beliefs were more aligned with the right
Started to realise a lot of what I knew was actually false and became very dissafected as the world moved towards it's current insanity, gender, pc, islamophobia, feminism etc
Started to reconsider the positions I had taken as a leftist
Realised I had been following scientific sources I now knew we're fraudulent and gov funded or biased
Found that protestant ideology is the most logical for my ideal personally, the one that I identify with on a principle basis (still an athiest at this point)
Noticed the tensions between the globalist establishment and Christianity and it's support for other religions, deep state practices and their evil nature led me to read more into Christianity out of fear and here I am
>>
>>129464601
CoE is absolutely cucked. Basically welcoming their replacement with Muslims at this point.
>>
>>129465650
Murder and degeneracy is what you intended by evil? No?
>>
>>129466023
>scientific sources
>fraud
>everything that don't agree with my worldview is bullshit
No different than the left
>>
>>129466116
Have you seen the Heineken advert with the "new right" guy and the feminist ?
>>
>>129466318
>business try to act progressive
>for good PR
>to get gullible consumers to buy because muh socjus and peace
Come on try again when you have common sense
>>
>>129466265
I meant scientific sources I read as a leftist
Which would come to me from news media and we can both agree there is no unbiased news media, correct?
>>
>>129466442
>from the media
>so it is all fake
maybe you should stop being a sheeple and actually read actual journals for once
>>
>>129466176
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Problem_of_evil
>>
>>129466380
I wasn't supporting it I just thought it was interesting that they made that move, I know they don't support the right either but it shows that a marketing team found that people want a return to traditionalism right?
>>
>>129466623
No. The point of their ad is just to get you to think buying Henniken builds bridges for peace and get people talking together. It is basic business
>>
>>129466509
>Actual journals
Like what ? Your diary?
Name one legitimate media company
>>
>>129466735
I can't think of any other ad in a long while that has someone saying feminists are man haters without being cancelled in 3 seconds
Think about the overton window
>>
If there is a God, then he is not moral or kind and does not love humanity.

He does not deserve your worship.
>>
>>129464601

> Interpretist

As in hand-stamp salvation?

Marathon runners (i.e., Orthodox) has a nicer ring than sprinters.
>>
>>129466741
You dumb nigger the media won't slap a whole peer reviewed journal to recommend to you. You have to read them yourself

>>129466834
A lot of ads with muh feminist message tend to get a lot of dislikes, so Henniken plays smart and instead of saying that, says that it can bring different people together so that there won't be any bad feedback
>>
File: prot detected.jpg (15KB, 235x157px) Image search: [Google]
prot detected.jpg
15KB, 235x157px
>>129464601
The current pope is cucked but protestantism is cancer and is in no way more "anti-degenerate" than Catholicism.
Congrats on finding God though, my dude.
>>
>>129464601
>Moral high ground on Catholics
How?
>Masturbation not a sin
So you ignore Matthew 5:27-30 to please your own flesh?
>Interpretist
So, how come there are so many incompatible interpretations? Clearly some must be false.
>BTFO the current Pope
How?
>going to Church is optional
So God gave you life and you are too lazy to coomit 1 hour per week to Him?
The rest after that I agree with.
>>
>>129464601
---COPY/PASTE 2/2---
[...]
till today, that approach has always worked out for me and i know how far i can go and how much tension/pressure a kid can take. if you do the cock-move 'right' the kid will like it and the anal pleasure train can start off. i can usually fuck a kid the rest of the year till it gets transfered to another school and we never meet again. though, in that time i make it completely dependend on me and my cock.
[...]
i pay em some cash (30,- EUR every 2-3 days is HUGE money for a 9yo without family) each time we fuck and give out "little bonuses" in class regarding marks or deleting penalties imposed by other teachers. these favors keep em quiet and in place.
[...]
i can do this only with a certain type of kid, i know there are a lot of kids that can't shut the fuck up or would freak out somehow if i put my dick in their ass. i never do them oral or vaginal cause thats a mess that leaves a shitload of traces or damages their little bodies.
[...]
i have a lot of experience by now and i assure you that in the ass its fine even with 7yo's. you can safely cum into it. after fucking a new child 3-4x, its asshole adopts and you can go balls-deep already after a few weeks.
[...]
low iq children are very good candidates, the retarded/mongoloid ones even better.
[...]
can recommend the good pedo sex 10/10. i have lots of freedom at the school as my colleagues are 95% women who need me for everything that requires "real work" or "real authority" so these cunts dont mess with me.
>>
>>129466944
If there is a good he wouldn't exist in capacity that would allow him to effect events in universe
The universe itself is self sufficient and a closed circuit, god exists outside of creation itself,
Coming back to scientific studies
The concept of the 4d is one that exists on logic alone and does not need faith to exist, would it be a stretch to say that if a 4d entity can draw in 3d then god may be an 4-5-6d entity that has drawn or created a closed ended system here?
>>
>>129467267
*commit
>>
>>129464601
apparently how christian churches roll...

---COPY/PASTE 1/2---

[...]
I just love to fuck children, its what i live for. pedo sex is the best, there's nothing coming close to cumming in a tight little asshole.
[...]
I'm an elementary school teacher for a church organization and have doing this for approx 11years now, fucking 4 girls and >10 boys since then. we get kids assigned by the state, usually from troubled familys (violence/drug addicts/suicides) and recently also a lot of refugee kids from middle eastern shitholes that pretend to be 8-9 on paper but that are desu propably twice that age.
[...]
I did start fucking children already being quite young myself in the 80ies and developed back then "a feel" on which kids i could make a move and on which not.
[...]
it all depends on a mix of parameters, like if the kid has still parents around, how emotionally stable it is, is it a quite one or a fucking retarded one with aspergers/adhs.
[...]
after i do some initial screening and picking "candidates" , i build more close relations and then at one point i completly isolate a chosen kid during a set up doctor/patient roleplay, make a controlled but bold move and stick my penis between the childs ass cheeks. these few seconds have always been the make or break moment. you gotta take some risks if you want to cream that kids asshole, its not for free and needs guts.
>>
>>129467115
Thank you, I think from this thread I have much to learn, but if I caved in immediately I would be as weak minded as I'm being accused of being,
>>
>>129464601
>Masturbation not a sin
Liar.
>>
>>129467267
I was presenting that as a benefit to New comers, who may not be ready to commit re: optional church going
>>
>>129467267
This shows more problems with Sola Fide, this time from the NT from the same book by David Downs

While Bultmann’s derogatory and inaccurate assessment of Jewish religion has long been queried and, from the perspective of many, rightly been put to rest, numerous treatments of New Testament ethics still echo the notion that deeds exhorted or performed on the basis of external motivation, such as the procurement of present or heavenly reward, lead down the path toward legalism.3 But is such a sentiment supported by the writings of the New Testament themselves, particularly regarding the relationship between charity and recompense? An examination of this issue in the Synoptic Gospels and Acts will highlight ample evidence of meritorious almsgiving in these canonical texts: providing material assistance to the needy is a means of accumulating some reward for the donor, recompense usually, but not always, imaged as eschatological or heavenly reward.4 (pg 104)
>>
>>129467424
No offense intended but what is this from and what does it have to do with an individual belief in person's head? I notice that this is not biblical lexicon
>>
>>129467701
Footnote 4: This chapter will focus on the Synoptic Gospels and Acts. The Gospel of John certainly anticipates the blessing of resurrection on the last day for those who believe in the Son of God (5:25, 28-29; 6:39-40, 44, 54; 11:24-26; 14:19), and John 5:28-29 promises “the resurrection of life” to those who have done good things and “the resurrection of judgment” to those who have done evil things; see Marianne Meye Thompson, The God of the Gospel of John (Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 2001), 80–87; Tim O’Donnell, “Complementary Eschatologies in John 5:19-30,” CBQ 70 (2008): 750–65. But nowhere in the Fourth Gospel is divine or eschatological recompense specifically connected to practices of charity. Given how little John’s Gospel dwells on issues of wealth and poverty in comparison with the Synoptics, the absence of any thematic connection in the Gospel of John between merciful practice on behalf of the needy and eschatological reward is unsurprising. On the other hand, 1 John 3:14 insists that those who have passed from death to life can be confident of this reality because of their mutual love: “We know that we have passed from death to life because (ὅτι) we love the brothers and sisters. Whoever does not love abides in death” (1 John 3:14). In the context of this letter, “love” is defined, at least in part, by the person who has material possessions who sees and helps a brother or sister in need (1 John 3:17-18; cf. 3 John 5–8).
>>
>>129464601
is protestantism = Lutherans, anon?
>>
>>129467434
That's a good outlook to have. I'm a recent convert as well, I finally got my head out of my ass and returned to my family's Roman Catholic roots. The traditional latin masses are amazing- it's the same mass no matter what country you go to or what language is spoken outside, and it's an unbroken chain back through history to the Romans.
>>
>>129467962
Hmm, I forgot to mention Christian heritage as a benefit plus it's roots in stoicism that I'm sure a lot of people here would agree with if not for the religious aspect
>>
>>129467962
same with mcdonalds, tastes everywhere identical.

desu christianity is total BS, everyone digging deeper figures that in the long run. no one in this "religion" knows hows it really supposed to be and everyone has a different interpretation of things (that usually suit that individuals own agenda the most). ask 5 priests, you get 5 different versions of that caveman story. also you need to make insane mental gymnastics + bullshit yourself constantly to make the theory work cause it has effectivly
> ZERO
match with reality and usually worsens your decision making and judgment BY A LOT.

christianity is like smoking, those that join come because of those that are in. its a mix of nice ideas and feels, with straight up bullshit and thats what it makes so toxic. believe in evolution, you will be better off.
>>
>>129468445
How does your description differ from your countries new national religion?
>>
>>129468347
Sorry to tell you but Protestantism is contradictory to Stoicism
>>
>>129465605
Not true
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. eph 2:8,9
>>
>>129468705
In what aspect? This is a genuine question and not an attack
>>
>>129468807
So you be saying I can act like a dick and do whatever I want so long as I believe this?

>>129468830
Stoicism emphasizes control over ones passions but this sort of self control would be pointless under a sola fide framework
>>
>>129467701
>>>129464601 (OP)
He's not talking about salvation. Salvation doesn't come from helping the poor.
>>
Sorry guys gotta go to work, will respond later if thread is still active
>>
>>129469233
His point is that helping the poor can bring meritious reward. And if you read his book he makes clear that it can even somehow help 'remove' sin
>>
>>129469113
>So you be saying I can act like a dick and do whatever I want so long as I believe this?
No. I did not say that, I responded to your false statement
>>
>>129465366
Old testament = old covenant.

Also fuck your new world order bible

KJV all the way
>>
>>129469439
So my actions matter?
>>
>>129464601
I see your reasons for converting, but I have a question.

Is it true, and is there evidence?

The bible says that "if you have the faith of a mustard seed, you can move mountains." That seems to imply that prayer is significant enough to leave behind evidence.

Where is the evidence that prayer actually works? Surely somebody must have carried out an appropriate scientific study on prayer within the last 2000 years.

And don't give me that "prayer is non-materialistic" bullshit. Moving mountains sounds pretty material to me. Where's the evidence?
>>
>>129469352
He is wrong about it removing sin. Sin was removed by Christ on the cross. Whosoever believes...
>>
>>129469484
Here is what David Downs say about a part of the book of Acts

The stories of Tabitha (9:36-42) and Cornelius (10:1-48) are sometimes discussed with reference to atoning and/or meritorious almsgiving, the former because Tabitha’s resuscitation from the dead is preceded by the observation that she was “full of good works and merciful deeds, which she continually performed” (9:36: αὕτη ἦν πλήρης ἔργων ἀγαθῶν kαὶ ἐλεημοσυνῶν ὧν ἐποίει), the latter because the Gentile centurion is noted for his practice of ἐλεημοσύνη, even to the extent that an angel of the Lord declares that Cornelius’ “merciful actions have ascended as a remembrance before God” (10:4: αἱ ἐλεημοσύναι σου ἀνέβησαν εἰς μνημόσυνον ἔμπροσθεν τοῦ θεοῦ).69 Tabitha’s story should not be seen as an example of meritorious or atoning almsgiving, however. While Tabitha’s body is raised to life by Peter, her healing is only, at best, indirectly related to her characterization as a disciple “full of good works and merciful deeds” (v. 36). Tabitha’s pious and beneficent life may be the reason that the disciples in Joppa send an urgent request for Peter immediately to come from Lydda (v. 38), as well as the cause of the grief experienced by Joppan widows at Tabitha’s death (v. 39). But there is no suggestion in the narrative that Tabitha is resuscitated because of her merciful deeds. (pg 134)
>>
>>129469593
Then maybe you shouldn't make claims about things you don't know or do your research first
>>
>>129469535
Matter in what sense. Obedience, disobediance Faith is action
>>
>>129469725
Faith is action so it means works is also inseparable from it

Thus to say Sola Fide without this caveat is in fact contrary to the Bible
>>
>>129464601
>Say these magic words and you're saved!
Total b.s. If your religion doesn't require that you actually live out its tenants then what is the point?
>>
>>129469574

>Thinks symbolism didn't exist 2000 years ago.

Are people actually this stupid, petty, and childish?
>>
>>129469594
The miracles in the Bible always are pointing to the power of God.
>>
>>129469653
pointing out false doctrine is one of the things that we are commanded to do
>>
>>129469811

Protestantism revolves around the fact that humans aren't perfect and will makes mistakes. But that God will forgive you if you believe in Him and his love.
>>
>>129466442
>I get my science sources from Facebook feeds.
Fix'd
>>
>>129469594
David Downs explain Cornelius

What is the relationship between Cornelius’ piety, including his performance of ἐλεημοσύναι, and God’s remembrance of him? Without suggesting any particular literary relationship, the characterization of Cornelius’ piety parallels that of Tobit in interesting ways.72 Tobit’s own exemplary piety is introduced at the beginning of the narrative with reference to Tobit’s performance of merciful deeds (ἐλεημοσύναι [1:3]), his pilgrimages to Jerusalem to offer tithes and firstfruits and to participate in festivals (1:4-8), his endogamous marriage (1:9), his abstention from unclean food (1:10-11), and an expanded list of Tobit’s ἐλεημοσύναι, a list that includes giving food and clothing to the needy and burying the dead among his people (1:16-18). Later in the story, when the angel Raphael reveals his true identity to Tobit and Tobias (in Tobit 12), for instance, Raphael’s declaration of “the whole truth” affirms that Tobit’s and Sarah’s prayers (3:1-15) were presented by Raphael as a remembrance before God: “And now when you and your daughter-in- law, Sarah, prayed, it was I who brought the remembrance (μνημόσυνον) of your prayer before the Holy One, and when you would bury the dead, similarly I was present with you.”73 The noun μνημόσυνον in Leviticus and Numbers occasionally refers to the memorial portion of a sacrificial offering (e.g., LXX Lev 2:2, 9, 16; 5:12; 6:8; Num 5:15, 26; cf. Sir 35:5-6; 38:11; 45:16), but in Tobit prayer is a “remembrance” (μνημόσυνον) before God.74

(1/2)
>>
>>129466944

>If there is a God, then he is not moral or kind and does not love humanity.

He does not deserve your worship.

t.dawkins
>>
File: Evangelical Heresy.jpg (3MB, 2716x2920px) Image search: [Google]
Evangelical Heresy.jpg
3MB, 2716x2920px
>>
>>129470041
Like Tobit, then, Cornelius offers prayers and merciful deeds that rise to God for divine remembrance (10:4, 31). Both of these pious men—one a faithful Jew, one a Gentile centurion—receive God’s consideration and favor in part because of their practice of ἐλεημοσύνη. Within the narrative world of Luke–Acts, Cornelius’ performance of merciful deeds can be fruitfully considered in light of Jesus’ statement to the Pharisees in Luke 11:41 regarding the purifying power of ἐλεημοσύνη: “So give alms with respect to the things within, and see, everything is clean for you (πάντα kαθαρὰ ὑμῖν ἐστιν).” In Jesus’ encounter with the Pharisees in Luke 11, the Pharisees are concerned about external purity (vv. 38-39a), but Jesus accuses them of being internally unclean, full of greed and wickedness on the inside (v. 39b), and offers the practice of almsgiving as a means of becoming entirely clean. (pg 135-136)

2/2

>>129469996
>being descriptively vague as fuck
wow that is like most denominations
>>
>>129464601
Masturbation is a sin for a reason mang, even as an agnostic I can grasp why it's a fucking terrible habit.
Everytime you feel your hands start to wander, go lift or do the thing you've been putting off.
>>
>>129464601
>Catholicism is a mistake
>Make another mistake to escape from Catholicism

Orthodoxy truly is the only way forward
>>
>>129469794
No, without faith works are dead. filthy rags. Faith first (in Christ not some church} works are a result of the work of the Holy Spirit in our lives
>>
>>129464601
S O L A F I D E
>>
>>129469794
>Sola Fide
Is a Catholic Latin Phrase. I don't recognize it
>>
File: Screenshot_78.jpg (106KB, 951x847px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_78.jpg
106KB, 951x847px
>>129470106
>>
>>129469994
Sola Fide is a false doctrine. I am pointing it out by citing Biblical Scholarship to prove it

>>129470236
No one is saying works without faith saves. So irrelevant. And also it doesn't matter what causes works. The issue is whether the human agent is also active and isn't passively moved by something else

if this is true then you are implying that human beings have no free will
>>
File: 1468063687666.png (68KB, 1371x928px) Image search: [Google]
1468063687666.png
68KB, 1371x928px
>>129470205
>You can divorce your wife 3 times heheheh
no thanks orthoshill
>>
>>129469811
>Say these magic words and you're saved!
Wrong again. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved
>>
>>129470334
When I do a work of faith is my mind active and I had also acted even with the aid of the Holy Spirit?
>>
>>129470443
You just proved his points

kek
>>
>converts to christianity
>not eastern orthodox
now thats a rare case
why would you do that
>>
File: 71aoLw99fBL.jpg (183KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
71aoLw99fBL.jpg
183KB, 1200x1200px
I've got this Bible coming in the mail, it arrives tomorrow

did I do good lads?
>>
File: Screenshot_89.jpg (141KB, 953x906px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_89.jpg
141KB, 953x906px
>>129470106
>>129470350
>>
File: deusv28.jpg (102KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
deusv28.jpg
102KB, 1280x853px
>>129464601
hi brother, welcome to the only true religion.

Ignore/hide pagancuck post
>>
File: Fake Christians.jpg (124KB, 626x777px) Image search: [Google]
Fake Christians.jpg
124KB, 626x777px
>>129470350
I used to be an Evangelical but then I realized if I went back in time 2,000 years and stood in a Colosseum with the early church, they wouldn't even recognize me as a Christian. Early church was Catholic, my faith didn't even arise until 500 years ago.
>>
>>129470041
according to you We can't reply because we haven't read the whole thing. Do yoy have any beliefs of your own
>>
>>129470099
moral is a construct of man
>>
>>129464601
I want to convert to the British citizenship.
>>
>>129469996
Which is absolutely retarded.
>Oh you accidently murdered someone and raped his wife, well that's okay, you are merely human. Mistakes happen.
>>
File: IMG_3287.jpg (31KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3287.jpg
31KB, 500x500px
Masturbation is degenerate tho
>>
File: Christian Diaper Man.png (132KB, 1057x630px) Image search: [Google]
Christian Diaper Man.png
132KB, 1057x630px
>>129470579
>>129470350
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFv5ijz6s6A

This is what Evangelicals do.
>>
>>129464601
>anti-degenerate
>follows cucksanity

Embrace Islam, brother.

Nothing is more vile than associating partners with God, as you've done with Jesus. Worship God alone.
>>
>>129470520
Do you understand the difference between say and believe.
>>
>>129470637
early church was more similar to orthodox, unless u can show us the 1st century Popes and "buy your way to heaven" doctrines
>>
>>129470571
Aye, welcome lad, just dont step in the baptist-israel mud by the side, catholic or protestant is good
>>
>>129470571
If you read it
>>
>>129470637
Check this out from David Downs explaining Cornelius

The point of the story is not that Peter can enter into fellowship with Cornelius only because the centurion’s prayers and deeds of mercy purify him, for missionary encounters with Gentiles earlier (8:26-40) and later in Acts do not assume that Gentile recipients of the gospel message must exhibit the same piety as Cornelius.77 Moreover, Cornelius’ prayers and merciful deeds (προσευχαί kαὶ ἐλεημοσύναι) are said to have come before God as a “remembrance,” not as an atoning sacrifice for sins. Nevertheless, it is difficult to ignore the connection between Cornelius’ piety—exhibited partly through his practice of ἐλεημοσύνη—and the command to Peter, “What God has made clean, you must not consider profane” (10:15). God is the one who makes Cornelius (and other things and people) clean.78 But the logical outworking of Jesus’ earlier statement in Luke 11:41 would seem to imply that God’s cleansing of Cornelius happens in concert with Cornelius’ performance of merciful deeds. In the context of the narrative of Luke–Acts, Cornelius embodies the instruction of Jesus regarding ἐλεημοσύνη in the Gospel of Luke: his prayers and ἐλεημοσύνη are closely connected to his purity. It can be said, therefore, that Cornelius’ practice of merciful deeds is, at the very least, a sign, if not the cause, of his status as a Gentile neither profane nor unclean (10:28).79

And so that no one misunderstands the final statement in sign, here is footnote 79

79 As Christopher Hays summarizes, “By doing alms Cornelius exemplifies that his Gentile ethnicity has not rendered him unclean. The very thing that Jesus tells the Pharisees will cleanse their impurity becomes evidence of Cornelius’s own purity” (Luke’s Wealth Ethics, 236 [emphasis in original]).

(pg 137-138)
>>
>>129470774
Nothing is more vile than following a schizophrenic warlord babyrapist.
>>
>>129470647
Maybe it is because you did not do your homework and look up the book
>>
>>129470443
Like pottery.
>>
>>129470771
one protestant is cancer ergo all protestants are cancer
>>
>>129470571
>kjv

epin fail
>>
>>129470898
Well that's the plan

I already got a free Bible from some free Bibles website but they sent me some weird version. "Recovery Version". And like 70% of all the pages is footnotes. I just wanted a plain Bible so I had to cough up shekels, but I got a nice one
>>
File: 1495404082498.jpg (85KB, 614x642px) Image search: [Google]
1495404082498.jpg
85KB, 614x642px
>>129471053
/pol/ told me KJV was the best version
>>
File: 1496991383776.jpg (110KB, 774x436px) Image search: [Google]
1496991383776.jpg
110KB, 774x436px
>>129470864
Ignatius, who is also called Theophorus, to the Church which has obtained mercy, through the majesty of the Most High Father, and Jesus Christ, His only-begotten Son; the Church which is beloved and enlightened by the will of Him that wills all things which are according to the love of Jesus Christ our God, WHICH ALSO PRESIDES IN THE PLACE OF THE ROMANS, worthy of God, worthy of honour, worthy of the highest happiness, worthy of praise, worthy of obtaining her every desire, worthy of being deemed holy, and which presides over love, is named from Christ, and from the Father, which I also salute in the name of Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father: to those who are united, both according to the flesh and spirit, to every one of His commandments; who are filled inseparably with the grace of God, and are purified from every strange taint, [I wish] abundance of happiness unblameably, in Jesus Christ our God.
>>
File: slubit.jpg (121KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
slubit.jpg
121KB, 720x960px
>>129471194
What reasoning were you given?
>>
>>129471194
there are some issues but nothing that changes doctrine.
>>
>>129471419
I can't remember but knowing /pol/ I'm sure it was something like "it's the least cucked version"
>>
>>129464601
You seem to be confused as the point of Christianity.

This is wrong in many ways, but I'll stick to what you listed
>Masturbation is not a sin
It is though. You've picked a religion that justifies your degenerate behavior. Catholics don't allow that shit because it's sinful.
>Interpretist
So are Catholics, dumb shit. What do you think the point of the Church is?
>Btfo the current pope
I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I actually genuinely like the current pope. Aside from a few things, but hey, nobody is perfect.
>Going to church is optional
Again, you've picked a church that doesn't challenge you to be better. I don't have to go to church, but I do have to confess if I don't.
>Jesus, God, and the Holy Spirit above all
Same with Catholics
>Going to church creates stability in your life
Then why is it a good thing that it's optional?
>Great way to meet like minded people irl
Okay, same with the Catholic Church, but go on
>Anti-degenerate
Pro masturbation, so no.
>>
>>129470685
Then ISIS is acceptable, or the communist massacres, which you probably deny.
>>
>>129470907
I copy your pasta and raise Matthew Henry

10:1-8 Hitherto none had been baptized into the Christian church but Jews, Samaritans, and those converts who had been circumcised and observed the ceremonial law; but now the Gentiles were to be called to partake all the privileges of God's people, without first becoming Jews. Pure and undefiled religion is sometimes found where we least expect it. Wherever the fear of God rules in the heart, it will appear both in works of charity and of piety, neither will excuse from the other. Doubtless Cornelius had true faith in God's word, as far as he understood it, though not as yet clear faith in Christ. This was the work of the Spirit of God, through the mediation of Jesus, even before Cornelius knew him, as is the case with us all when we, who before were dead in sin, are made alive. Through Christ also his prayers and alms were accepted, which otherwise would have been rejected. Without dispute or delay Cornelius was obedient to the heavenly vision. In the affairs of our souls, let us not lose time.
>>
>>129470774
Islam is a degenerate polygamous pedophile cult. The worst of sins is to insult the Lord into associating him with such a cancer.
>>
>>129470990
Your not my Mom. Tell me what you believe without the silly pasta.
>>
>>129472599
>Catholicism is a degenerate polygamous pedophile cult
ftfy
>>
>>129472599
>pedophile cult
>supports the cabal of pedophiles that has received support from the upper echelons of the Catholic Church

good kek, my misguided friend
>>
>>129472810
also hides and supports pedo priests
>>
>>129472753
We don't clap at the pedophiles when the fuck children, we marginalize and imprison them while you exalt them as good followers of muhamed and marry them.
>muh muhumad is perfect man
Lol the pedophile couldn't even have male heirs
>>
>>129464601
No, God doesnt exist, religion is a lie
>>
>>129464601
Come cucked christianity branch isn't a good solution for another cucked christianity branch.
>>
>>129464601
Here's something weird you never considered before:

Jesus only ever told one man, in private, "you must be born again."
>>
>>129472505
Sorry to tell you but that is considered dated.

And can you tell me how what he says coincides with the following text,

There was a certain man in Cæsarea called Cornelius, a centurion of the band called the Italian band, 2 a devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God alway. 3 He saw in a vision evidently about the ninth hour of the day an angel of God coming in to him, and saying unto him, Cornelius. 4 And when he looked on him, he was afraid, and said, What is it, Lord? And he said unto him, Thy prayers and thine alms are come up for a memorial before God. 5 And now send men to Joppa, and call for one Simon, whose surname is Peter: 6 he lodgeth with one Simon a tanner, whose house is by the sea side: he shall tell thee what thou oughtest to do. 7 And when the angel which spake unto Cornelius was departed, he called two of his household servants, and a devout soldier of them that waited on him continually; 8 and when he had declared all these things unto them, he sent them to Joppa.
>>
>>129472810
>>129472884
Being catholic doesn't mean I support degenerate priests in the same way I imagine that a protestant with conscience would not support pastors and their usury, or any other "church" where there is also pedophilia.
>>
>>129473108
when and where have they been imprisoned.
what percentage of the known pedo priest have done time
>>
>>129473232
so...
>>
>>129473443
>>129473296
How did Matthew Henry's commentary agree with the actual text?

Nowhere did it imply or say that Cornelius' faith was imperfect

Nowhere did it imply that Cornelius' own works were somehow something else moving him to perform those works as Matthew Henry implies.
>>
>>129473296
>Sorry to tell you but that is considered dated. Jesus said I am Alpha and Omega...by your logic the bible is "dated"
>>
>>129464601
>Masturbation not a sin

This is some low tier bait... Saged btw.
>>
>>129473303
I wasn't referring to you personally, The Catholic church hides and supports pedo priests.
>>
>>129473593
I did't read it. I was posting to answer your pasta that you didnt read.
>>
>>129473685
That does not coincide with New Testament scholarship.

Too bad if scholarship contradicts what you want the Bible to say because Downs himself teach at a Protestant seminary

>>129473856
Then all you are doing is posting dated material that itself inserts something else into the text
>>
>>129473942
That Jesus isn't Alpha and Omega. Or something else. Happy to talk about the bible or what you believe
>>
File: stupid.png (732KB, 1091x692px) Image search: [Google]
stupid.png
732KB, 1091x692px
>>129473593
>>129473296
>>129470907
>>129470151
>>129470041
>this is what happens when an intellectual turns to religion.
Just stop this stuff. Quotes, all these sentences, and yet you cannot even get your point across. Intellectualism, not even once.
>>
File: stupid.jpg (7KB, 240x187px) Image search: [Google]
stupid.jpg
7KB, 240x187px
>>129474253
>>
>>129474211
Where did I say Jesus is not Alpha and Omega?

Just because I post scholarship to back my point up doesn't mean I deny that.

Just because I post something that contradicts your worldview does it mean I deny that Tumblr

http://fuller.academia.edu/DavidDowns
>>
>>129474253
Your not my mom either
>>
File: 1462678796508.jpg (133KB, 783x576px) Image search: [Google]
1462678796508.jpg
133KB, 783x576px
>>129474253
Read it
>>
>>129473942
>That does not coincide with New Testament scholarship.
what does this mean and who's scholorship? Tell me what you believe or what the bible says instead of all the pasta
>>
>>129474596
I told you what the Bible says about Cornelius

So where did it say that his actions was the product of something moving him to do them as Matthew Henry said?
>>
>>129464601
>Masturbation not a sin

??? it is according to protestants, isnt it?
>>
>>129473443
Here most of the accused ones are in prison, and the new pope is better (a bit) managing this issue and stated pedophile priests are not tolerable.
>>129473780
This happens in the JW, Mormons and I've heard of numerous cases among protestant and evangelical churches, I have never heard of protestants recognize that.
>>
File: 1464251535533.jpg (3MB, 9305x5745px) Image search: [Google]
1464251535533.jpg
3MB, 9305x5745px
>>129474773
Not if you are sola scriptura since you can now make the Bible say whatever you want it to say
>>
File: got a load of this intellectual.jpg (66KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
got a load of this intellectual.jpg
66KB, 1200x800px
>>129474356
>I'm so smart because I'm an intellectual that talks about abstract unrelatable constructs and engage in philosophical rambling to chat with other-enlightened like minded people
>everyone else is just forest-gump level stupid

>>129474537
>I don't know how to respond with intellectual masturbation material so I'll post degenerate sexual masturbation material because like intellectual, it isn't constructive and accomplishes nothing.

That image is repulsive. Proof that intellectualism causes you to become perverted.
>>
>>129464601
Fuck off, christcuck.
>>
>>129474973
Why is her elbow so pointy
>>
>>129465000
...and so is every religion. Your point?
>>
>>129470360
>The issue is whether the human agent is also active and isn't passively moved by something else
>if this is true then you are implying that human beings have no free will

those are not contradictions. Numerous cases in the bible have phrases like "god opened/closed their eyes", yet bible is clear that person chooses good or bad and is responsible for it.

>>129474973
>Not if you are sola scriptura since you can now make the Bible say whatever you want it to say

or not if you are onetrueholyTM church and you can give divineauthorityTM to any meme doctrine you choose like papal infalibility...

I havent heard one mainstream preacher that hasnt spoke against masturbation.
>>
>>129475025
>because like [intellectual], it isn't constructive and accomplishes nothing.

>because like intellectualism, it isn't constructive and accomplishes nothing.
>>
File: 1491781824820.jpg (173KB, 959x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1491781824820.jpg
173KB, 959x1400px
>>129475025
Have some more
>>
>>129475105
why did you have to point that out? cannot unsee. that is disturbingly elongated
>>
>>129465061
Don't you mean the Evil Question?
>>
Read Plato, Hermes and Augustine. Start your own religion
>>
>>129475185
Those are contradictions. The Bible makes no claim of human passivity. Protestantism does in Sola Fide.

Human beings are not working with God or active while God works in them. They are predestined and something else does them. Matthew Henry who is a Calvinist says this.

And secondly, notice that I had made ZERO indication that I'm Catholic so the whole Papal Infallibility thing doesn't matter to me. But even then, at least the Catholics are consistent in what they say. Protestants aren't
>>
File: 1477265427888.png (310KB, 499x583px) Image search: [Google]
1477265427888.png
310KB, 499x583px
>>129473157

I wonder who's behind this post. Yes yes goy, don't believe in God, believe in Israel and the holocaust. Now pay us money.
>>
File: 1462123762402.jpg (261KB, 995x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1462123762402.jpg
261KB, 995x1500px
>>129475105
It's just optical illusion
>>
>>129475659
I dont think you know what that means
>>
>>129475512
>The Bible makes no claim of human passivity.

BUT IT DOES

"God closed their eyes so they cannot belive...", "God opened their eyes..." those are numerous phrases in the bible and imply a (certain level of) pasivity.
>>
>>129474752
putting aside your pasta and my pasta,
Isaiah 55:6 Seek the LORD while He may be found; Call upon Him while He is near. Cornelius is a indication of Gods Grace to the humble. God came to him and told him what to do. It is also a illustration for the atheist that claim he is an unjust God because how can he condemn someone if they never heard the gospel. There is something in man that knows God exists, most reject it
>>
>>129475025
He demonstrates how to look beyond the surface and see things for the multiple layers of meaning they are. As well, he teaches you how to understand the human psychology in terms of powerful archetypes. He also breaks down constantly what things are in a logical manner, showing the actual foundations of an ideology a concept. He'll even just throw in stern advice to his viewership too.
These are things to which many people have either been neglected or outright deprived of. It's a sad state of things for that to be true, but it's the case. You may not like everything he says or how he says it, or you may even feel the subject matter is so simple you think it's crazy he's getting rich off of doing it. Any which way, he can help a lot of people. So stop being a bitch.
>>
File: 1478766564677.jpg (118KB, 571x800px) Image search: [Google]
1478766564677.jpg
118KB, 571x800px
>>129475751
It means the person who made it made a mistake
>>
>>129475927
>longwinded intellectual bullshit intensifies
>>
>>129470165
>Everytime you feel your hands start to wander, go lift

Lifting cock. How is that any different?
>>
>>129464601
BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

>Masturbation not a sin
Yes it is. Masturbation is a selfish abuse of sexuality, just as one night stands and contraception are.

> Interpretist
So basically since you are too afraid to be irthodox to any degree, you all uniformly agree to not question each other's discrepancies in doctrine so long as you don't call yourselves Catholic, even if there are massive discrepancies between protestant sects?

Top Kek

> Btfo the current pope
Why do you even care about him to begin with?

> Going to church is optional
"Remember to keep the Sabbath holy"

>Jesus God and the holy spirit above all
Wow, you're Trinitarian? Who would've thunk it?

> Going to church creates stability in
your life
And yet apparently it's entirely optional. Really activates my almonds

> Great way to meet like minded people irl
Can't argue there, but if your church is basically just a one hour get together where everyone chats about Jesus for a bit, then there's a lot to be desired

> Anti-degenerate
And yet it's the protestant sects who play fast and loose with gay marriage, which makes your first point suspect because Catholics don't do that and anyone who tries to get us to honor fag weddings gets kicked out
>>
>>129464601
lol you chose protestantism because someone told you fapping isn't a sin? Lust is a sin...
It literally isn't.
False flagging butthurt atheist detected...
>>
File: 1490977790663.png (941KB, 1000x1008px) Image search: [Google]
1490977790663.png
941KB, 1000x1008px
Is coming to /pol/ a sin? I hope so because all these larping christfags are annoying
>>
This whole thread makes me wonder what /pol thinks of seventh day Adventists?
>>
>>129475832
That isn't passivity. When someone shows you something, that is also "opening their eyes" to the truth of that something but free will isn't taken away

God hardened Pharoah's heart but Exodus makes clear that he is in fact responsible for it and even does it.

>>129475921
Tell that to the Sentinelese people who have zero contact with the outside world
>>
>>129468445
Not true, Hans.

The Catholic Catechism teaches what you have to believe as a matter of faith.

>http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/ccc_toc.htm

Outside of that, there's a lot of flex on secondary issues, such as politics, "versions of that caveman story," evolution, etc.

>>129466023
ty.
>>
>>129476025
You're either a troll or an absolutely retarded autist.
Good day.
>>
>>129476211

SSDA are extremists.
>>
>>129476228
>God hardened Pharoah's heart but Exodus makes clear that he is in fact responsible for it and even does it.

that is all Im saying, how is that contra sola scriptura?
>>
File: 1465572987557.jpg (242KB, 820x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1465572987557.jpg
242KB, 820x1200px
>>129476285
Remember that if you are Protestant you can make the Bible say nonsense

Like the moon is actually a lesser light
>>
>>129464601

Dude, if you think that's what Christianity is about, your either very new/ignorant or going to a fake/dead church.
>>
>>129467267
>So God gave you life and you are too lazy to coomit 1 hour per week to Him?

I think Christians actually spend far more than just an hour to commit to Him, regardless of their location.

People avoid church to avoid the human-centric politicking that arises in churches, which honestly seems far from Godly.
>>
>>129476228
>Tell that to the Sentinelese people who have zero contact with the outside world
I did. there is no indication that Cornilius was praying to the God of the Bible. But the God of the Bible heard his prayers. He was Roman
>>
>>129476433
No, you claim that human beings are passive. That is not the case.

Secondly, Sola Scriptura is a retarded doctrine it means you can believe something so long as that is what the Bible means which of course can also mean that Billyboe who thinks eating shit is necessary for Salvation can do so if he have a Biblical basis for it and that is the sole basis for it
>>
>>129476455
Remember that if you're Catholic, you essentially hire a god-magician that, among other things, violates god's commands by being *dirt filthy rich*, getting richer off you, and does very little for the poor.

[But actually a thousand other things, too.]
>>
>>129476598
And we are also told that Cornellius does a lot of good works
>>
File: 1464967659241.jpg (1MB, 1908x2480px) Image search: [Google]
1464967659241.jpg
1MB, 1908x2480px
>>129476671
How is being rich against God? Protestants say that being rich is a sign of Salvation

Just ask the Protestant Work Ethic!

Oh wait some also say that isn't true

so which is it?
>>
>>129476351

Given the number of burgers on /pol and given SDA seems to be one of those new world categories of Christianity associated with the U.S., I am wondering just how many Burgers here have an opinion on this (or even SDA themselves).
>>
>>129476599
>No, you claim that human beings are passive.

you are delusional, also...

> it means you can believe something so long as that is what the Bible means which of course can also mean that Billyboe who thinks eating shit is necessary for Salvation can do so if he have a Biblical basis for it

...you are cretin. eating shit is in the bible? is that what you are saying, you vile faggot?

>>129476671
God bless you Swiss, you did good during reformation.

>>129476904
>Protestants say that being rich is a sign of Salvation

protestant work ethic is biblical, prosperity gospel isnt. Protties dont have the quasi-busshist position catholics have that poverty is smht spiritual. nothing romantic about poverty.
>>
>>129476671
>you essentially hire a god-magician
Not what the Pope is

>violates god's commands by being *dirt filthy rich*, getting richer off you
*chuckles* Literally what?

>and does very little for the poor.
"Biggest Charity in the World" much?

What do you do to help the poor if you're so much better than the Pope, who by his office has a lot more stuff to deal with than you so he can't exactly pack up and go teach Africans to read
>>
>>129477187
>"Biggest Charity in the World" much?

mexico and latin america are all catholic countries, you can have a 1000 of bono vox people but if you want to make countries prosperous make them protestant.
>>
>>129477170
>nothing romantic about poverty.
Luke 6:20
>>
>>129476709
right
>>
>>129477108
Doesnt look like anyone cares
>>
>>129477509
>if you want to make countries atheist make them protestant.

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven
>>
>>129464601
>Masturbation not a sin
DROPPED

Enjoy getting cucked. Protestantism is bullshit psyops. Fuck Vasa, fuck Luther and fuck white people.
>>
>>129477170
>no attempt to answer the argument

And go read up what the Protestant Work Ethic is. It uses material wealth as a sign of Salvation. This is part of the fear over being Reprobate according to the guy who formulated it. But you won't hear that from Protestants
>>
>>129477509
And Protestant countries are all atheistic. So Weber's point is flawed
>>
>>129476671
t. c#lvinist
>>
>>129477843
>It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven

what do you think about Vatican then? you think robes of golden thread are sign of poverty?

>>129477646
>Luke 6:20

yes. Did he meant that being poor is morally good or did he spoke against love of money?

>>129477945
>And go read up what the Protestant Work Ethic is. It uses material wealth as a sign of Salvation.

Prot work ethic isnt even a theological teaching you dimwit. Its just an acknoledgement that countries who work harder usually get better, unlike the position of inverted buddhist morals that if you have a bad life, you must be closer to God.

>>129478022
>And Protestant countries are all atheistic

America.
>>
>>129476904
Succintly:
http://biblehub.com/matthew/19-24.htm

Across the bible and particularly the Jesus-based stories it's pretty damn clear that you're not supposed to be rich, you're supposed to be generous-with-the-poor middle class at most, and the holiest thing would be to give everything away and help people.
>>
>>129464601
How do you have a moral high ground on catholics? Why would you even be protestant lmaooo
>>
>>129477187
> Not what the Pope is
At every layer of the church it has a claim to employ potential or actual magicians, miracle workers and attorneys for god-related matters.

The ability to infuse bread with the spirit of Jesus or whatever is magic. The ability to essentially telepathically transmit the wishes of the believers up the hierarchy to the pope and then to god is magic. So many other historical and current claims of the Catholic church are magic.
>>
>>129478398
The Protestant Work Ethic is theological in nature. Anyone who knows Weber knows this. In fact it is part of the entire thesis on whether one is saved or not. And part of this is the acquisition of material wealth as a sign of god's blessing. It isn't just protestantism makes one hardworking.

America was founded on deistic enlightenment infleunce, not Protestantism

Secondly, American Protestantism is a huge scam with fake faith healings, megachurch bs and anti science

Wow
>>
File: image.jpg (206KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
206KB, 640x1136px
>>129478696
I bet this is magic
>>
>>129476334
>absolutely retarded autist
Says the guy writing a giant incoherent reply that amounts to nothing more than philosophical meanderings without getting to the fucking point (or thesis statement as intellectuals insist on saying).
>>
>>129479073
>In fact it is part of the entire thesis on whether one is saved or not. And part of this is the acquisition of material wealth as a sign of god's blessing.

says who? Weber? PWE is true on a societal level (how could it not be, just look the dramatic difference in wealth within european countries) but I havent heard onyone, aside from ultra prosperity gospel people, claiming such a simple relation.

>>129479219
>I bet this is magic

its just strong mental gymnastics to justify worshipping Mary as God. I always found the concentraion on Mary in our churches as extremly weird.

Mary did gave birth to Jesus but she doesnt hodl the title of Mother of God - god has no mother.
>>
>>129479073
>Anyone who knows Weber knows this
fine logic there.
>>
File: image.jpg (80KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80KB, 800x600px
>>129479557
Kne's SJD SKSSBS sia saia canai Os s
>>
>>129478398
>what do you think about Vatican then? you think robes of golden thread are sign of poverty?

Beauty orients the heart toward God, OT High Priests had pretty ornate robes and the Ark was coated in gold and jewels for that purpose.

Or do you think that if the American government cares about poor people they should totally sell everything in the Smithsonian?

>Did he meant that being poor is morally good or did he spoke against love of money?
"Blessed are the Poor, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven."

Sure sounds like a romanticization of Poverty.
>>
>>129470005
So you can't name one? Not a single media source that's unbiased:/ I don't have Facebook
>>
>>129479693
Duh Weber was the one who coined the term and formulated it. Basic sociology retard. And don't ask me. Ask the Protestant Work Ethic which every sociologist agree deals with Salvific anxiety and sees material wealth as sign of being elect

Secondly, the whole Protestant Work Ethic thesis is disputed. And one can easily see why. Most of the prosperous countries Weber examines are in fact Lutheran in nature and Weber's Protestant Work Ethic rejects Lutheranism as the cause of it.

>I dont know what Mother of God means
Theological illiterates are truly dumb. Mother of God simply means that the person in Mary's womb is the Logos who Mary given birth to

That is why the title is given

To deny this is to say that Jesus are human and divine persons
>>
>>129479729
Oh DIDNT know Weber did not write the Protestant Work Ethic thesis
>>
>>129478696
>At every layer of the church it has a claim to employ potential or actual magicians
Then why does the Catechism condemn that in 2115-2117?
http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p3s2c1a1.htm

>miracle workers
Isn't it Protestants were a big tents with healing miracle seminars?

>and attorneys for god-related matters.
I assume you are referring to Canon lawyers, and that's not what Canon lawyers are

>The ability to infuse bread with the spirit of Jesus or whatever is magic
Do this in rememberance of me?

>The ability to essentially telepathically transmit the wishes of the believers up the hierarchy to the pope and then to god is magic.
Literally what?

>So many other historical and current claims of the Catholic church are magic.
You have no clue what magic is
>>
>>129478443
Funny because I remember that God's worship in Heaven is filled with gold and shit

Is God a hypocrite?
>>
>>129476149
> The interpretist factor is included because the religion is built upon free thought and individuals are not penalised from interpreting things the way that they believe they are intended to be written, drawing on the fact that humans are imperfect and therefore human transcription of the Bible is imperfect over the years
This is as opposed to blindly believing based on one uniform decision made by people, ergo if god is in all of us as individuals, why would the interpretation of an orthodoxy take presidence over the individual god in each believer?
>>
>>129465047

Sola Scriptura
>>
>>129479938
>"Blessed are the Poor, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven."

sermon on the mount is the only place in the entire bible that speaks that way, but it doens speak for ascetism of buddhists material nihilism but agaisn the love of money.

The whole of bible doesnt look at poverty as moral good but as a curse.

>>129480139
>Most of the prosperous countries Weber examines are in fact Lutheran in nature and Weber's Protestant Work Ethic rejects Lutheranism as the cause of it.

yeah, that is becouse Weber made an idiotic explanation via calvinism while it was all about the anti-quasibuddism of protestantism, unlike the if you are poor you are spiritual quasi-buddhism teaching of Vatican.

>Mother of God simply means that the person in Mary's womb is the Logos who Mary given birth to

no it doesnt you dimwit its a trully heretical title for anyone to place itself above God, if you are so dense about it I suggest converting to JW simpletons and negate the Trinity also.

Mother of God = someone who births God

God is and was before Mary

ergo: Mary cannot possibly given that title.
>>
>>129464601
>having my life revolve around a dead jew on a stick
no thanks
>>
>>129480740
Good, don't ever use the Protestant Work Ethic as an argument ever again. He was the one who formulated it. And saying he is an idiot doesn't invalidate his argument or make him wrong.

Notice when I critiqued Weber, I actually explained WHY he was wrong

Mary gave birth to Jesus and Jesus is God

It doesn't take half a brain to understand this

The JWs are simpletons like you

who hate reality, facts and logic
>>
>>129476169
The reasons stated in my original post were the aspects that I felt would most appeal to the average pol visitor, most Protestants agree that because masturbation is not condemned as one, it is not a deadly sin that will get you sent to hell, and it is also the belief of Protestants that human vessels of God are not as holy as they are in other variants, meaning one may visit if one is inclined or they may choose to worship at home
>>
File: 1474030529835.jpg (368KB, 869x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1474030529835.jpg
368KB, 869x1200px
>>129480988
Protestantism isn't /pol/

Protestantism hates Kek worship

Kek worship is /pol/

Protestantism hates porn

/pol/ is filled with the shit be it ecchi or real life porn

Protestantism is anti science and facts

/pol/ hates libshits because of them being anti science and anti facts
>>
>>129476477
No I don't think that's what Christianity is about
The benefits I listed in the original post were chosen as I felt they would appeal to and peak the interest of the average pol user who I imagine might not enjoy social interaction as much or want to meet new like minded people, I included the masturbation part as I intended to be humorous
>>
File: 1471202715564.jpg (3MB, 2087x2995px) Image search: [Google]
1471202715564.jpg
3MB, 2087x2995px
>>129481242
Here, have some humor
>>
>>129478625
I wanted to choose aspects that would peak the average pol users interest, these are by no means reasons why I was originally interested, my intent was to use humour that didn't come across well over text, but it seems a lot pol users hate Catholics
>>
>>129481603
A lot of them hate Protestants too
>>
>>129480620
Bible God is narcissistic egomaniac that demands humans to be humble. What do you think.
>>
File: 1462703730938.jpg (265KB, 977x617px) Image search: [Google]
1462703730938.jpg
265KB, 977x617px
>>129482026
Does he allow this?
>>
>>129482140
Only if you are muslim so you should be safe.
>>
File: 1470685769361.jpg (172KB, 1278x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1470685769361.jpg
172KB, 1278x1024px
>>129482293
Islam is the one true religion?
>>
What religion does pol think is best?
>>
everyone sane will sooner or later figure cuckstianity has nothing to do with reality and that it attracts all the weirdos and freaks. no one with brains will stick to that crap, the logic behind it doesnt add up and is inherently flawed
>>
>>129482980
Which logic? It's a big book
>>
>>129482980
most dissapointing in christianity is : you search for answers, but you get only crap. there is no one there, the whole thing just doesnt work
>>
>>129483151
I am currently searching answers from you and getting nothing, please be specific
Thread posts: 227
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.