[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Galatians 2:16/21 16 Knowing that a man is not justified by

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 179
Thread images: 24

Galatians

2:16/21
16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

3:6-11
6Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
7Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
8And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
9So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.
10For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
11But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

5:4-5
4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.
5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
>>
File: 1484943873220.png (83KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1484943873220.png
83KB, 550x550px
God Bless
>>
>>129430284
Amen
>>
that shits beyond retarded
>don't follow Torah you just gotta believe man
fucking disgusting

t.Jew
>>
File: Jews watch out.jpg (311KB, 943x1456px) Image search: [Google]
Jews watch out.jpg
311KB, 943x1456px
>>129430908
Romans 3
10As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
11There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.
28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
29 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:
30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.
31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.
>>
>>129431492
>we suck, we're terrible people, punish me daddy
wtf did I just read? do Christians really believe this?
>>
>>129430908
Not our fault you killed your own messiah and decided to ignore what he said because you didn't like it
>>
Praise God, from whom all blessings flow;
Praise Him, all creatures here below;
Praise Him above, ye heav’nly host;
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost!
Praise God the Father who’s the source;
Praise God the Son who is the course;
Praise God the Spirit who’s the flow;
Praise God, our portion here below!
>>
File: Jews watch out copy.jpg (80KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Jews watch out copy.jpg
80KB, 1280x720px
>>129431686
>says Mr. Merchant

1 John 2:22
24 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

Revelation 2:9
I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

Revelation 3:9
Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

John 10
30I and my Father are one.
31Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
32Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
33The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

1 Thessalonians 2
14For ye, brethren, became followers of the churches of God which in Judaea are in Christ Jesus: for ye also have suffered like things of your own countrymen, even as they have of the Jews:
15Who both killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please not God, and are contrary to all men:
16Forbidding us to speak to the Gentiles that they might be saved, to fill up their sins alway: for the wrath is come upon them to the uttermost.
>>
>>129430284
>>129431492
>>129431923
OP is doing a good job today. He must be one of the Elect, whom God has granted faith and salvation.
>>
>>129430908
>dont follow the Torah you just gotta follow the Talmud man

Fuck off Pharisee.

t. Christian
>>
>>129431797
not because we didn't like it, but because either:
(a) it was batshit crazy
(b) he didn't exist
(c) the Greeks took a perfectly fine rabbi and turned him into Greek mythology
>>
>>129432204
>hurr durr, Jesus didn't exist but we were right to murder him.
>>
>>129431923
>1=2, if you don't believe in 1 then you don't believe in 2
-John
>>
>>129432189
you don't even know what the Talmud is nippanon
>>
>>129432204
Jesus spoke Greek and He most definitely existed. You can say He was a madman or a lot of stories got glommed onto Him but to say He never existed is just if youll excuse the vulgarity fucking retarded and shows you have no desire for truth in you.
>>
51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

52 Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers:

53 Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it.

54 When they heard these things, they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed on him with their teeth.

55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,

56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

57 Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord,

58 And cast him out of the city, and stoned him: and the witnesses laid down their clothes at a young man's feet, whose name was Saul.

59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.

60 And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.
>>
>>129432284
not saying he didn't exist, but that's always a possibility, I for one subscribe to option (c)
>>
>>129432204
He was a person
http://tektonics.org/jesusexisthub.php
>>
>>129430284
Does anyone know the website to make aniem girls based on this template?
>>
>>129432506
Paul spoke Greek, don't know what Jesus spoke, read Torah and compare to the Gospels and you'll realize that the Gospels is a Greek mythology sequal of Torah, nothing in the Gospels can even be compared to Torah, which it claims derivation from. Torah has life and law, and morals, here's some examples of what the gosepls gave us: Satan, Hell, Sin, Apocalypse, and Jesus.
>>
>>129432487
The Talmud is the "Oral Torah" supposedly handed down to the elders of Zion in secret at Mt Sanai while the plebs just got the lousey Ten Commandments. The Pharisees only bothered to write it down in the Middle Ages. Coincidentally the Talmud totally negates everything in the Bible and allows Pharisees to act like sociopaths.
>>
>Paul, an actual hardcore persecutor of early Christians, is told the Gospel directly from Jesus and gets it the first time
>Peter, one of Jesus' fuccbois, follows Jesus around for fucking ever and never gets the messages, wants to abuse his holy powers to rain fire on his enemies, and straight up denies Jesus
>>
>>129432732

It's theorized that Jesus spoke Greek too while working under his father and peddling their wares to the Romans. The Romans spoke Greek, ergo he most likely knew Greek.
>>
File: Trinity.gif (45KB, 622x654px) Image search: [Google]
Trinity.gif
45KB, 622x654px
>>129432386
>Doesn't understand the trinity
>>
>>129430284

Proverbs 20:3 NIV

/ /
/
/
/

It is to one’s honor to avoid strife, but every fool is quick to quarrel.
Proverbs 20:3
>>
>>129432732
Jesus spoke Aramaic, basically a form of pidgin Greek. All the quotations attributed to Him are in Aramaic. Archeological and linguistic and historucal evidences demonstrates that thats what people spoken then and there.

Ive read the Torah. If you want a bullshit sequel read the Talmud. Oceans of bullshit.
>>
File: Absolutely Sweetie.jpg (111KB, 598x448px) Image search: [Google]
Absolutely Sweetie.jpg
111KB, 598x448px
>>129432983
>NIV
Sweetie I just... no
>>
>>129432774
everything except "oral torah" is false. The Talmud was written after the fall of the second temple and it never existed before that, it's an interpretation of Torah on how Jews could live religiously and lawfully in the diaspora. There's lots of free online Talmuds or you can pick up some volumes for like $2 I encourage you to read it to have a better understanding of it. It's literally a boring law book that pours over little things that no one other than rabbis think about like how a bakers oven is kosher, or who gets ownership of an animal in a dispute, how many stones need to be thrown at furries, etc
>>
>>129432874
mmhmm
>>
>>129433076
Nevermind. Looked it up and Aramaic is a Semitic language. Had it mixed up with Koine Greek.
>>
>>129433076
Aramaic isn't that similar to Greek, I can speak a little Hebrew and understand some Aramaic
>>
>>129433348
Holy Trinity fidget spinners to recapture youth interest in religion when?
>>
>>129433394
fun fact: modern Hebrew uses Aramaic letters, not original Hebrew letters
>>
>>129433494
I need to start selling this to Christian summer camps
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 500x500px
>>129433494
>>
>>129433276
No shit it was fabricated. The Pharisees CLAIMED it went back to the time of Moses but like everything theyve ever said that was a lie. The entire point of it was to negate the law of Moses by legalistic fuckery.
>>
>>129433348
>This is math class
>>
>>129433668
no, they never claimed that, perhaps some traditions written down go back that far but I've never heard anyone claim the Talmud is older than the fall of the second temple, someone's been lying to you
>>
>>129433669
>welcome to Christianity, where logic isn't allowed
>>
>>129434052
>but Judiasm is different
>>
>>129433991
>Belief that the Oral Torah was transmitted orally from God to Moses on Mount Sinai during the Exodus from Egypt is a fundamental tenet of faith of Orthodox Judaism, and was recognized as one of the Thirteen Principles of Faith by Maimonides. However, not all branches of Rabbinic Judaism accept the divine provenance of the Oral Torah, such that Conservative and (to a greater extent) Reform Jews give deference to the Talmudic sages while empowering themselves to formulate and adopt their own rulings and interpretations.

Lol fuck off. The only thing worse than a Pharisee is a heretical Pharisee. Go put on your rainbow flag skullcap.
>>
>>129434172
It is, seriously the Gospels are batshit crazy compared to Torah, they make Torah look like a history book. Judaism is about struggle, struggling to find meaning in Torah, realizing that there are many ways to think about it, analyze it. I love reading Rambam and Rashi because they logically and philosophically disect Torah, something that can't be done in Christianity because it all boils down to "you just gotta believe" when it comes to Christianity faith is #1, but with Judaism action is #1
>>
File: 1483098189977.jpg (56KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1483098189977.jpg
56KB, 645x773px
>>129434052
>expecting a being that exists outside of our reality to obey the laws of logic it created
If we were in a simulation do you think that the being that is simulating us would necessarily be following the same logic they programmed into the simulation?
>>
>>129434515
yes, Torah was given to Moses at Mt.sinai and passed down orally from there, but this is what I'm referring to as "Torah" whereas Talmud is what was written by the Pharisees after the fall of the second temple, which was not given to Moses, because Talmud is analysis of what was given to Moses.
>>
>>129434524
Yes what truly matters isnt whether or not you believe in God but that you make a big show of how virtuous you are. Thats what Jesus meant when he complimented you people as whitewashed tombs.
>>
File: romans-road.jpg (527KB, 765x1857px) Image search: [Google]
romans-road.jpg
527KB, 765x1857px
Amen
>>
>>129434647
God said himself that he wouldn't pull something like christianty, thousands of years before christianty. He even says that he would put people on the world like Jesus that perform miricals and call themselves "God" to test the Jews, apparently some fell for it.
>>
>>129434524
>It is, seriously the Gospels are batshit crazy compared to Torah
I believe in both but that was the stupidest shit
>>
>>129434746
"Oral Torah" is the Talmud. Thats what the Pharisees supposedly compiled and wrote down.

Nothing was given to Moses but the Torah.
>>
>>129434786
There's a balance to these things, because why yes it is essential to believe in God, some he's have taken it to an extreme by being the most observant people but forgetting in God, whereas Christians have taken it to another extreme where they believe in God but don't do anything in their lives to reflect that, they stop at belief and think if they believe then they can do anything they want. And Muslims are just on another spectrum of extreme
>>
>>129434930
God himself said he would put people like you in the world. He called you Antichrists.
>>
>>129434920
>say Jesus three times in the mirror and you can go to heaven

-Romans
>>
>>129434930
watch this https://youtu.be/AhnTGg6tib4

Also
Genesis 1:26-27
And God(singular) said, Let us make man in our(plural) image, after our(plural) likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
So God(singular) created man in his(singular) own image, in the image of God(singular) created he him; male and female created he them.
>>
>>129435023
The "oral Torah" you're referring to can be found in every king James Bible, the Talmud is also referred to as "oral torah" but it's different
>>
>>129435116
>"Christians"
No Christian actually does that.
>>
>>129435119
no, some Greek asshole called Jews antichrists
>>
>>129435266
royal "we" plus that's taken from KJV, when read in original Hebrew it's all masuline singular when referring to God
>>
File: 36518-1.jpg (150KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
36518-1.jpg
150KB, 333x500px
>>129435192

You got the name right, Jesus, but left out the confessing him as Lord and believing in your heart that God raised him from the dead part.
>>
>>129435319
All my friends are Christian, a lot of them do that.
>>
>>129432487
Dig around in the Babylonian Talmud and you'll find that the rabbis consider hermathrodites women. True story
>>
>>129435318
Uh huh. I dont believe a word you say.

>>129435359
You are. Your every word and action betrays you.
>>
>>129435532
lol, I have some volumes I'll check it out. Big if true, this might settle the traps debate
>>
>>129435621
While youre at it look up the timeframe when the miracles in the Second Temple ceased.
>>
>>129435603
as another anon referred to it, the Talmud was written in Babylon (Jews were exiled from Jerusalem by the Romans) and it's referred to the Babylonian or "Bavli" Talmud. This is the talmud I'm talking about and the one that was not written or passed down by Moses but more of a collective knowledge of the Jewish people.
>>
>>129430284
>Bible
are you an idiot?
>>
>>129435771
I can't recall there ever being miracles in the second temple
>>
>>129435807
Moses never wrote a Talmud. He wrote the Torah. The first five books of the Bible. The Pharisees believe Moses' immediate followers were also given secret teachings that added to the Torah that unlike the Torah were never to be written down but only shared orally. They called these additional teachings the Oral Torah. They didnt write them down until the 3rd century, when they recorded them with additional commentaries. They called this the Talmud.
>>
>>129435848
Miracles of the threads etc. Look it up. Its in the Talmud.
>>
>>129436159
sounds like bullshit to me, maybe some kooky khabbalists believe that but it's accepted that nothing was hidden from the Jewish people, you read the Talmud and relaize that there isn't anything in there to hide, seriously read it. Don't know who's been telling you this stuff
>>
>>129436219
just did, doesn't exist besides a fictional book, I think you got the name wrong
>>
>>129430284
Bless you anon
>>
i was a hardcore christian for a few years, shilled about it to everyone.
at some point i recognized i do not understand it well enough and only a couple of concepts.

so i went out and talked to people/priests:
- everyone will say something different
- most "adjust" the theory to fit themselves
- there is no coherent theology from the ground up

i was dissapointed, but the morivated christian i was, i researched further.

long story short: it's a dellusional religion that has no match with reality. its like a 2000yo star wars or harry potter version.

i think the bible/christianity/judaism is the most toxic because they mix things that cab be true, or most likely are, with totally made up BS and sell you the combined product as absolut truth.

i got into evolution after a while and its effectivly proven that we developed upwards from very simple processes over incredibly long time spans.

religion is basically a spin-off that tries to make sense of other systems/concepts that evolves, but eventually its a non-working theory that has no match with reality. you will suffer greatly if you stick with christianity that sells you a wrong and corrupted picture of reality.
as soon as i abandoned it and went back to tackle my problems with real world solutions my quality of life went through the roof.
>>
>>129436637
this is how all my Christian friends are, no one knows what Christianity is, the church was just created to control people
>>
>>129436500
>Belief that the Oral Torah was transmitted orally from God to Moses on Mount Sinai during the Exodus from Egypt is a fundamental tenet of faith of Orthodox Judaism, and was recognized as one of the Thirteen Principles of Faith by Maimonides.
>>
>>129434524
Action such as shilling for open borders... Nice try rabbi.
>>
>>129436591
http://www.yashanet.com/library/temple/yoma39.htm
>>
>>129436917
I dont think you understand, the Talmud is broken up into two different parts, the part I'm referring to is the part written in analysis to the Torah. The Torah and talmud span many many years in the making. Oral Torah is a supplement to written Torah which inspired Mishah and gemara
>>
>>129436822
Yes the Church that controls people by letting them come up with their own doctrines apparently lol fuck off kike
>>
>>129437126
im on /pol/ so you know I'm a nationalist that doesn't support immigration
>>
>>129437184
that's just a midrash, not an actual event
>>
>>129437279
So in other words…the Talmud.
>>
File: 1496785395013.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1496785395013.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>129436637
>i think the bible/christianity/judaism is the most toxic
What? Religion? Here's your (You)
>>
>>129437296
it controls people in ignorance
>>
>>129437379
Is the Holocaust a midrash?
>>
>>129437323
jews as a collective almost always vote against nationalist interests and for social liberalism. you may be an outlier but your people have shown to be vengeful and dangerous.
>>
>>129437477
Says the liar whose father is the father of lies.
>>
File: 1494113821493.jpg (10KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
1494113821493.jpg
10KB, 236x236px
Fedoracatholic here.

Red pill me on Dolan?
>>
File: 1491425587420.png (17KB, 746x600px) Image search: [Google]
1491425587420.png
17KB, 746x600px
imagine getting a pure qt housewife
now imagine have 12 fuggin kids
braces 5k, college tuition, 30k, a pop.

better get making cash or get comfortable with whores or morons. Cause those are the options.
>>
>>129434920
>we receive eternal life as a free gift
>but you still gotta believe and most importantly donate to make sure you get the gift
I still don't get how such a ridiculous scam managed to reach such proportions.
>>
>>129437395
basically the Torah was given to Moses directly by God and everything else is based off of that, the oral Torah is traditions practiced by the Jewish people that wasn't written down. Talmud delves into analysis of both written and oral Torah, since oral Torah was not written until the Talmud, the Talmud remains the document that is our understanding of oral Torah, despite being written much much later than when the written and oral Torah were given. The rabbis did not make the oral Torah, they wrote it down.
>>
>>129437643
>giving alms to help spread/strengthen the message of your church and/or help the poor is getting scammed
>>
>>129437491
no because it doesn't start with rabbis arguing
>>
File: IMG_1849.png (589KB, 600x557px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1849.png
589KB, 600x557px
I will never actually have christ-chan, so who cares.
>>
>>129437543
half my congregation is conservative and it's reform, the most liberal Judaism
>>
>>129437643
seriously, just reading it screams "bullshit"
>>
>>129437643
> be french
>keep doing materialistic secular
>never
>learn
>a
>goddamn
>thing
you were born for the guillotineand the crescent my man.
>>
File: 1494124826031.png (414KB, 719x626px) Image search: [Google]
1494124826031.png
414KB, 719x626px
>>129432204
This is also why the Holocaust was justified, kike.
>>
>>129437763
I will jerk my circumcised Jewish dick to this and no christcuck can stop me
>>
>>129437763
you can have her, she's actually very close to you

she's just very expensive.
>>
>>129437698
They fabricated it. It never existed before the Pharisees came up with the lie to justify their hypocisies. It represents a total inversion of God's law and that explains so well the behavior of those who call themselves Jews but are not.
>>
>>129437908
yours is coming soon Goyim ;)
>>
>>129436822
its true. the deeper you dig to understand it, the more clearer it comes that one blind person leads another blind person astray. no one in this whole cult/religion knows really how it is down to the core. everyone just repeats the stuff of everyone else and so they create the impression that there is actually something to it.

i tried really hard, for 1-1.5years, to get to the bottom if christianity and understand it. there is nothing to it, its a scam. reality is most likly to be WAY more complex and complicated. its not that i gave up at a certain point because i couldnt take the truth, it was more like "if this is all so complicated to get, and these people that are doing it professionally cant even explain it themselves, its propably bullshit all the way."

also christians tend to be nice people that are very naive and easy to trick into believing something as long as it appeals to emotions. its eventually a womens thing, every guy with sane reasoning, real world experience and critical thinking will not stick to it in the long run.
>>
>>129437745
Either the gift is free, or it's not. If it is free, no one has to do anything. Claiming the gift is free, then reducing the scope of those blessed with this gift, is nothing but a lie. If God truly intended the gift to be free, He's probably pretty pissed at the way every church mutilated His word.
>>
>>129437893
>conveniently avoiding the point
Oh /pol/, never change.
>>
>>129438031
no it definitely existed because every Jew at that time was practicing it in one way or another and it had evidence in Torah to back it up
>>
>>129437871
Maybe its Satan screaming that in your ear
>>
>>129438037
agreed, it's just a mess disguised as something pretty. But I do like Christians too, most of my friends are Christian and I even have some friends that are priests now
>>
>>129438050
It is free, giving alms is simply a way to be more Christ-like. A just poor man who never donates but accepts christ as his savior will get into heaven.
>>
>>129438118
has your country been anything but a joke since the revolution? Your nation died in the vendee my man
>>
>>129438143
Satan is a Christian invented boogyman, only the name comes from Judaism, the concept is greek
>>
>>129438265
What about a just wealthy man ? Or, let me guess, a wealthy man cannot be just unless he gives alms ?
>>
>>129438336
>keeps avoiding the point
Very well, I'll just ignore you then.
>>
>>129438119
Except for the Sadduces and Christians and every other sect except the Pharisees.
>>
>>129438355
Satan is real. You're proof of that.
>>
>>129438380
A wealthy man can be pious and not give alms, it is simply not very Christ-like to do so. To be more Christ-like is to bring ones self closer to God and in turn eternal life.
>>
>>129438380

Literally anyone who believes on Jesus as their Lord and savior will be saved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA8_fqUZLEU
>>
>>129438355
What of the serpent in Genesis? Was it not an agent of Satan? Does Judaism simply accept that there is an ever present evil in this world?
>>
>>129438513
I wouldn't say that nippanon, kikeanon is simply misguided.
>>
>>129438596
Jews dont actually care about anything in the Bible. Their religion is based on the Talmud. You cant expect them to believe anything mentioned in the Bible.
>>
>>129438582
What about those who don't believe ? If the gift is free, and extended to all, wouldn't they be saved as well ?
>>
>>129438681
Misguided by Satan.
>>
>>129438757
If you force someone to take a gift it isnt a gift anymore but an obligation.
>>
>>129438757
Accepting Christ in ones heart is simply the best way to be granted the gift of eternal life. I think a just an moral person who lives like Christ but doesn't know of or acknowledge Him could still be granted the gift. This belief varies from sect to sect of Christianity.
>>
>>129438757

The offer of the gift is given to all. If someone offers you a gift and you spit in their face and walk away without accepting it, was it not free?
>>
>>129438757
If you offer free samples people can either take them or walk on past. They can even take them and throw them on the ground.
>>
>>129434524
Judaism IS history. The Old Testament is the foundational tellings and teachings of primitive/anchient man.

The development of the understanding of good and evil, the concept of a good life (Cain and Able), the beginnings of life, the early history of the Jewish religion. It sets the early framework for law and justice - easy things for the anchient man to understand and grasp.

God then seeks to cement a higher level of understanding through the concepts of Mercy, truth to faith, and the purity of spirit through forgiveness and self sacrafice. He reveals His son to us to attone for our sins at the hand of his own people, subjegating Himself to the worst form of sin - betrayal.

That's where Christianity begins. The truth lies within it's tenants. That doesn't make Judaism less right - it just makes it incomplete.
>>
>>129438431
saducees we're corrupt assholes, Christians were still a small cult
>>
>>129438596
the snake was just a curious/cunning animal, or maybe it was God trying to test them, either way there is no Satan (in the chrisitan sense, as I said there is someone named Satan) in judaism so the snake was just a snake.
>>
>>129439132
So in other words not "every Jew" believed in the "Oral Torah" just Pharisees.

Your feelings about other sects dont change that.
>>
>>129439093
sounds like someone never read Torah, let me guess someone threw a King James old testament in front of you and let a priest guide you through it, or worse, had no study or teaching of Torah
>>
>>129439323
Jews weren't that divided there were groups like Pharisees, christians, etc, but the average Jew back then didn't belong in any of those groups
>>
>>129439270
>the Serpent is my God
wew lad glad we got that out of the way
>>
>>129439500
grow up, the snake is a fucking snake, not my fault 3000 years later some Greeks decided to make the snake into some super villian demon bullshit
>>
>>129439270
Why would a creation of the Lord be given the chance to independently corrupt his most precious creations? I personally see the snake as the easiest animal for Satan to directly influence to destroy God's perfect world.
>>
>>129439495
So in other words the Pharisees' doctrine of the "Oral Torah" was not widely believed.
>>
>>129430284
Turn the other cheek and a rich man will less likely go to heaven than a camel will pass through a needle.
>>
>>129439604
lol you tipped your hand way too far Moishe
>>
>>129439670
eating the apple wasn't a bad thing, humans were spiritual infants before they ate the apple, what's the point in having a creation that doesn't see right from wrong, that's what angels were for, choiceless slaves. God always intended for us to eat the apple and grow up, he never completed creation of the world, the last thing he did to create the world was to create the things that were going to finish what he started, which is us; spiritual infants wouldn't be able to do this task. this is just my beliefs, I'm sure theres Jews that disagree with me.
>>
>>129439675
it was, Torah was law back then, oral Torah existed long before the Pharisees
>>
>>129439825
what does that even mean?
>>
>>129439963
>The serpent deceived me.ーEve
>>
>>129440015
Except that the doctrine originated with the Pharisees and every other sect rejected it.

>>129440052
Poker.
>>
File: 1491105858640.jpg (80KB, 636x487px) Image search: [Google]
1491105858640.jpg
80KB, 636x487px
>>129430284
Amen,have a heavenly bump
>>
>>129439963
Eating the apple lead to the Mad Max tier violence and slaughter that forced God to hit the metaphorical reset button by flooding the world. It was the first sin.
>>
>>129440095
yeah it did, what's your point? it wasn't a pleasant experience for them I'm sure, but nessisary. Besides it's all a metaphor anyway
>>
>>129440273
hey man, that was human's fault, it was all up to us how we turned out, I'm sure God expected better.
>>
>>129430284
Ephesians " For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God Not of works, lest any man should boast."
>>
>>129440375
I'd argue that humans were pure and it was all Satan's fault, but that's where we differ in our beliefs rabbi.
>>
File: 1495073621970.jpg (2MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1495073621970.jpg
2MB, 2000x2000px
>>129430284
Catholic here, replying just to let you know I'm saving your kawaii Christ-chan :3

pls senpai post anymore kawaii Christ-chans you have, I need them
>>
>>129440287
Sin isnt beneficial. Its evil. Guess that whole "knowledge of good and evil" lesson didnt stick after all lol
>>
>>129430908
>>129432487
>>129433276
>>129433991
>>129434746
>>129435318
>>129435807
>>129436500
>>129437279
>>129437698
>>129438119
Typical fucking kike. Talking in circles and failing to address the fact that he's wrong.
It's fucking mind numbing. Quit playing stupid you fucking kike fuck.
>>
>>129440432
all I'm saying is, how come the concept of Satan didn't exist until Christians? How come it's so closely related to Greek mythology, where the Gospels happened to be written.
>>
>>129438037
Nice protestant psychology you have there :)
>>
File: 1366235632436.jpg (45KB, 712x472px) Image search: [Google]
1366235632436.jpg
45KB, 712x472px
After dealing with more r/atheism bullshit tonight I'm at a loss how people can be so tremendously dense and petty. I just might put Anti-Theists lower than Evangelicals in my view of which is more ignorant and uneducated. Just might.
>>
>>129440432
also it's easy to blame some outside force for things going wrong, but I like to recognize that humans have repsponsibility, God gave it to us. Free will was a gift that we had to learn how to use the hard way.
>>
>>129440671
This ignores the very fact that the snake was a puppet/symbol of Satan and lead to the very corruption of humanity.
>>
>>129440497
the key word is "knowledge" which in itself isn't evil at all. Knowing about evil isn't evil. And also the Hebrew word for sin literally means "missing the target" the same word you use if you didn't hit a shot with your arrow, and it carries the same moral weight as missing a shot.
>>
>>129440558
I'm not even wrong you retard, we were just misunderstanding the terminology each of us was using
>>
>>129440558
They cant help it. Everything they believe is a lie. Theyre trained to lie from birth, and to take pride in lying well. They have Satan holding their hand leading them through every sentence. I dont think a Pharisee could tell the truth even if he wanted to.
>>
>>129440817
well this gets into the debate of whether Satan exists, Judaism says no.
>>
>>129440889
I'm with you here kikeanon, it was a misunderstanding. I despise your people but you seem rational enough.
>>
>>129440912
oy vey I thought we were having a nice debate
>>
>>129440992
thanks candianon I despise some of my people too, but it's the same for Jews and Goyim, there's assholes in both. I also love a lot of Jews and I'm sure most people on this board would too if they actually got to know some, I don't like christianty but 99% of my friends are Christian
>>
>>129440978
Certain sects of Judaism say that God doesnt exist either. It doesnt matter what Jews believe. Christianity didnt come from Pharisaism.
>>
File: 1495073212685.png (169KB, 723x475px) Image search: [Google]
1495073212685.png
169KB, 723x475px
>>129440478
srsly guys I need kawaii Christ-chans, halp ;__;
>>
>>129441190
Jesus was most definitely a Pharisee, but whatever.
>>
File: christchan.jpg (2MB, 2480x3508px) Image search: [Google]
christchan.jpg
2MB, 2480x3508px
>>129430284
Who else wants to do Christ-chan when she's legal?
>>
>>129441254
have a merchant, those are all I have because it's the only memes relevant to me.
>>
>>129441355
Lol sometimes you just have to kick back and laugh.
>>
>>129441441
seriously, he was because back then a Pharisee was someone who wanted to reform the temple and Jesus definitely wanted temple reform
>>
>>129433609
This,
>>
File: 1495070294144.png (48KB, 200x227px) Image search: [Google]
1495070294144.png
48KB, 200x227px
>>129441363
after properly courting her and marrying her? yes of course. Christ-chan is the ideal white Christian waifu. anything else is sick and wrong
>>
>>129441500
Uh huh. I always thought He was a Communist Muslim but just as long as He wasnt a Christian were all good I guess. Thanks for playing.
>>
>>129441573
This.
>>
Ex Mormon here. Converted to Christian. Book of Mormon is a stolen modification of the bible. Joseph Smith was evil.
>>
>>129441722
Wise move brother.
>>
>>129430284
>for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

How fucking right they were
>>
>>129441363
Delete this.
Thread posts: 179
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.