[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When You Lack The Courage Of Your Convictions

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: Hitch.jpg (28KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
Hitch.jpg
28KB, 460x276px
It goes without saying that christfags, and theists in general, are retarded. So let's not remind them in this thread of just how stupid they are.

Let us turn our gaze to agnostics. If the agnostic is honest, he will confidently assert that various things do not exist. The tooth fairy, the easter bunny, vampires, goblins. The list is endless. Remember, the non-existence of these things, or anything else, cannot be proven.

But when it comes to the most laughable, ridiculous creation in the history of our species, the christian god, the agnostic suddenly wets his pants and climbs up onto the fence.

Are they cowards, morons, or are they trying to appease christfags by refraining from stating an obvious fact: that their god does not exist.
>>
the tooth fairy is real fuck you asshole
>>
>>129331334
The tooth fairy has a far greater claim to existence than the christian god. Not only does he (she/it?) have the runs on the board (plenty of kids have received money for their teeth), but the claims made of the fairy are far more believable than those for the christian god.
>>
Agnostifags deafening the board with their silence.

Just don't ever kid yourself that your position is reasoned.
>>
>>129331198
stop huffing gas you fucking abbo
>>
>>129332668
Quality post, champ. Care to address the issue at hand?
>>
>>129331198
Apatheist master race here, get on my level faggots.
>>
>>129331198
The causes of existence themselves could never be answered. If someone would value a cause->consequence model of the world, then some causes could simply be any explanation. To rule out a god is doing it on the same basis as to ruling out the true cause->consequence model. It is unwise. Unless you have evidence against it, but you don't. Stay with this principle my friend.

Now gtfo logic-cucked atheist
>>
>>129333063
Apatheism is respectable. Also, nice flag.
>>
>>129331198
preening and subjective
>>
>>129332773
Yes, Christfags are retarded. I consider myself agnostic as well. But can you deny that christianity teaches good morals? I was raised catholic, and I wouldn't change it because of the morals that were instilled in me. Did I grow up and realize its all fucked? Yes

People need something to believe in, why not let them?
>>
>>129333189
If this were a valid premise, then the agnostic would apply it to the fictional creations mentioned in the first post, and to every other fictional creation.

But they don't.

And this is why they are retarded. Or cowards. Or.....
>>
>>129333221
Dodging the question. Found the cowardly agnostic.
>>
File: Fedora Dog.jpg (41KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Fedora Dog.jpg
41KB, 600x800px
I have no need to prove/disprove claims that are not my own. The burden of proof is on them.
Their proofs have been failing since I was six.
Religion sets off my bullshit detector.
>>
Christopher Hitchens was an idiot and an asshole.
>>
>>129333528
You don't understand the difference. We have valid cause->consequence models for why we get christmas gifts or why a tooth under the pillow turns into a golden coin. Anything goes when it comes to the cause->consequence model of the existence of everything.
>>
>>129333398

You can't teach morality. It's something you're born with.

>why not let them?

Because when you let religion grow, you end up with shit like the Inquisition and ISIS.
>>
>>129331198
>He doesn't believe in vampires
Ok anon
>>
>>129331198
Hitchens got what he deserved.
>>
>>129333398
>I consider myself agnostic as well.
The word agnostic necessarily means that you are atheist. If you disagree, then you don't know the definition of "atheist". Why don't you call yourself atheist?

>But can you deny that christianity teaches good morals?

Can I deny that keeping slaves, murdering your son for disobedience, and forcing women to marry their rapist is moral?

Yes, I can.
>>
>>129331198
Nice divide and conquer thread. Sage
>>
>>129333807
>Anything goes when it comes to the cause->consequence model of the existence of everything.

You dodged vampires and goblins. And every other fictional creation. Are you on the fence about them?

You're not.

Make the case for climbing up onto the fence for the christian god.

Make the case for NOT climbing up onto the fence for every other creator god claimed to have existed. (Most agnostics, if they are honest, will dismiss ancient creator gods as mythical)
>>
>>129333863
A full life, respected worldwide for his intellect and integrity?

Agreed.
>>
>>129334227
Paranoid amerifat.

I am interested in the truth, and stating the truth bluntly. I do not care who is offended. The truth is the only thing that matters.
>>
>>129333810
>Catholicism and Islam
What did Christianity do wrong again? Inb4 Catholicism is Christianity.
Protip: Its not
>>
>>129334611
As you frame it, they are not real phenomenon and thus any cause->consequence model is moot. Christianity could still claim that their god is the cause of the existence of everything and not be disproven.
>>
>>129334897
>Christianity could still claim that their god is the cause of the existence of everything and not be disproven.

I could claim that anything is the cause of existence and not be disproven. (This point was dealt with in the first post)

The SNRUBBLEGRUB is the cause of existence!

Are you agnostic about the SNRUBBLEGRUB? Again, IF you're honest, you're not. Why make an exception for the christian god, a god which comes with same amount of supporting evidence as the SNRUBBLEGRUB?
>>
>>129334864
Double ad hominem.
Awareness of forces working to divide the last of those with convictions is not paranoia. Just because one is American does bot mean he is fat. The truth? Bluntly?

You have no idea what you are talking about. If you are as intelligent as you claim to be, and have studied the bible in any depth, you would know the nature of God and the purpose of their being no definitive proof either way. You are here to subvert beliefs, targeting the younger demographic that want to be the avant-garde of philosophical purveyors of YT e-celeb fedora tippers.
It is not too late for you to abandon leaning on your own understanding and coming to Christ. You are only human as we all are, and we all have the most basic understanding of existence. In concert we can all postulate theories but individually only Christ can fill that hole you are becoming militant in order to fill.

Assholery ≠ Focusing on truth
>>
>>129335661
>If you are as intelligent as you claim to be

Made no claims to intelligence ("good" christian lie #1)

>and have studied the bible in any depth

Why would I care about your fairy story book?

>you would know the nature of God

Which god? Thousands have been fabricated.

> and the purpose of their being no definitive proof either way.

So why do you believe?

>You are here to subvert beliefs

"Good" christian lie #2

>fedora tippers

Quality, original, thoughful point. Christfags really are too stupid to realise how stupid they look every time they use this tactic.

>It is not too late for you to abandon leaning on your own understanding and coming to Christ.

It certainly is too late. I have completed elementary school. Your god is in the same garbage can as santa.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.