[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FDA Pulls Opana Painkiller from Market

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: OpanaER.jpg (29KB, 209x512px) Image search: [Google]
OpanaER.jpg
29KB, 209x512px
Is this a move in the right direction?

http://archive.is/ar5Aw

The Food and Drug Administration on Thursday asked a drug company to remove its opioid pain medication from the market, the first time the agency has made such a request because of the public health consequences of abuse.

The agency concluded after an extensive review of Endo Pharmaceuticals’ Opana ER that the “benefits of the drug may no longer outweigh its risks.” The company reformulated the drug in 2012 to make it more difficult to snort, but the FDA said that move actually led to more injections — and a major HIV outbreak.

The medication was approved in 2006 for moderate to severe pain when a round-the-clock painkiller is needed.

Increased needle-sharing of the drug has since been linked to serious blood disorder cases in Tennessee in 2012 and a 2015 outbreak of HIV and hepatitis C in Indiana, officials said.

In March, an FDA advisory committee voted, in an 18-to-8 decision, that the benefits of the reformulated Opana ER no longer outweighed the risks it posed.

From 2000 to 2015, nearly 180,000 Americans died of overdoses of prescription opioids, and tens of thousands more have succumbed to heroin and fentanyl overdoses as the crisis has evolved.

Opana ER brought in $158 million in sales last year for Endo, a 10 percent drop from 2015 because of generic competition, according to FiercePharma, a trade site. The company, which is based in Dublin and has its U.S. headquarters in Malvern, Pa., recently announced two rounds of job cuts.
>>
>>129298582
bump
>>
>>129298582
It's a slight move in the right direction.

the next move should be to compare prescriptions to production. There are more drugs being produced than prescriptions and it's going from factory to the street directly.
>>
If you think anything besides legalization is the answer you are a little girl who eats feces and cant understand physics.
And anyone who cant understand physics is inferior and should kill themselves IMMEDIATELY.
The upshot? You will be one of the nobodies who kills themselves.

Regards,
Uncle dolan, the jet set heroin addict ;)
>>
>>129300611
I fucking hate summertime.
>>
A step in the right direction would be implementing single payer and using reimbursement rates and advanced data analysis to control the pharma Jew from causing shit like the opioid epidemic in the first place.
>>
>>129298582

Yes because I'm on my second marriage and oxy ruined the first and nearly ruined my second till we got her off it.

They are ridiculously powerful and an easy excuse for doctors not to fix real problems and sweep them under the opioid rug as "chronic pain".

Pharma whores come to their office with pre-printed prescription pads for this shit.

Feds lurk outside to try to get patients to buy pills outside of the system to make their department look good by busting innocent people desperate for their painkiller they were addicted to by doctors overprescribing.

The feds need to completely outlaw it and not set people up for this kind of failure. Then there will be more pressure on the medical industry to find better ways to get people out of pain.

These can easily be 500/month or more, they are financially crippling and create grey and black markets via reselling of prescriptions everywhere.

The additional insurance and administrative burden and federal scrutiny doctors are having to deal with over them increases the overall burden on the medical system driving all costs up.
>>
>>129298582
bump
>>
More white people died last year of opioids than fags died during the height of the AIDS epidemic, yet we get no concerts, quilts and tshirts
>>
>>129298582
bump
>>
>>129298582
bump
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.