[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /pol/ think the "gay panic" defense is legit?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: panic.jpg (196KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
panic.jpg
196KB, 1280x1024px
http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/06/09/gay-panic-defence-finally-debunked-by-scientific-study/

http://archive.is/mjOW7

‘Gay panic’ is still a partial legal defence to violence in many US states, although the state of Illinois recently outlawed its use.

The defence means that assailants who attack gay men after seeing homosexual behaviour may argue in court that they could not reasonably control their actions.

It relies on a largely discredited medical idea that many men will have a natural, biological response of rage when witnessing gay behaviour, which will make their actions uncontrollable.

Now, a study published in the Psychology and Sexuality journal shows the theory to be false.

The study showed a series of images – several of which included men having sex – to 120 men, and tested their saliva before and after for alpha-amylase, a chemical that is produced in saliva when a person is stressed.

The study showed that the level of alpha-amylase was the same for those participants who were shown to be tolerant of gay relationships and those who were not.

The study, written by Breanna O’Handley and Karen Blair, concluded that there is “no empirical evidence” to support the gay panic defence.

Last week, the Illinois state legislature decided that ‘gay panic’ and ‘trans panic’ are no longer legitimate legal defences, following in the wake of California – the only other US state to ban the defence.
>>
>>129289949
I've experienced gay panic, it's real. You kind of just zone out and go ape shit. It's like when someone hurts your kid as a parent. It's raw instinct.
>>
>>129290728
That's odd. I've never experience straight panic. So you think if a gay person hits on a straight person, and the straight person kills the gay person, that the flattery merits a lesser charge?
>>
>>129289949
bump
>>
think of the primal fear you feel when you hear a noise when you're home alone - that is gay panic. ive only had experience with trans panic, and thats the best way i can describe it
>>
>>129290826

Cause many gays is maniac and historycally they are ditry rapist and redos. Straight men - not to men, but some womens is scary about mens sometimes.
>>
>>129291654
I could understand being surprised or upset that someone is not the gender you thought they were or is not straight/just a friend but how is that grounds for criminal acts?
>>
>>129291737

>pedos
>>
File: polgb12.png (88KB, 297x276px) Image search: [Google]
polgb12.png
88KB, 297x276px
Join the OFFICIAL /polgb/ Discord-

https://discord dot gg/ynzDX
>>
File: repent.jpg (19KB, 379x379px) Image search: [Google]
repent.jpg
19KB, 379x379px
>>129291744
>how is that grounds for criminal acts?
>>
>>129289949
bump
>>
>>129289949
bump
>>
Man gropes woman who doesn't want it, victim grabs scissors and stabs him - "you go girl, he's a rapist, he deserved it"
Man gropes man who doesn't want it, victim grabs scissors and stabs him - "homophobia, gay panic defense isn't real"
>>
>>129294975
hitting on =/= groping

changing the goalposts but either way even groping doesn't justify murder. Maybe hitting back, but not murder.
>>
>>129289949
I like that band.
>>
>>129289949
bump
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.