[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't seem to overcome my internalized, subconscious racism

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: hqdefault.jpg (41KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
41KB, 480x360px
I can't eradicate some racist thoughts no matter how conscious I try to be of them. For example, I admit that I've crossed the street or had my guard up when "shady" looking (excuse the term) black men have walked past me. I haven't done the same when it comes to white men. This is abjectly racist behavior and I'm disgusted with myself. I then try to rationalize it by thinking that "well, the only people who've harassed me on the street have been underprivileged black men, so I'm just playing the odds for the sake of safety". But I know that's horribly racist as well. I'm really ashamed that I'm struggling with this and I find myself blaming myself for walking around at night and visiting neighborhoods that are somewhat grittier. The fact of the matter is, most of the people I'm so subconsciously scared of are just honest, hard-working humans going about their life -- and here I am judging them. I know they notice me cross the street. I know they see me tense up. How can I train myself to be better?

Here's another issue -- today it was announced that NYC was planning to integrate public schools with busing. I understand that this was long-needed. It makes no sense that you have certain school districts that are 90% white while others are majority minority. But instinctively, I was frustrated by this news. I immediately started worrying for my children's safety and the quality of their education. I made it about myself, when really, it should have been about the people it will really affect -- the children. I look forward to my kids being enriched with diversity, but in the recesses of my mind, I still worry. I don't want to be so disgustingly hypocritical and racist any longer. I'd love to hear your thoughts.
>>
It's called being "realistic"
>>
Who cares about a bunch of niggers?
>>
>>129269093
this is tumblr bait.
You're trying too hard to project racism as something irational, cruel and bad.
>>
>>129269093
You are noticing a pattern. Black are dangerous to be around. Whites are not. Its not racism, its just noticing the truth.

The only reason you think racism is bad is because (((they))) told you to. Racism is natural. In fact, its a basic survival instinct.
>>
>>129269093
it's called common sense

also bait
sage
>>
>>129269093
Don't be ashamed, just embrace it. That's the problem with our society today, we're trying to be things that we aren't. You don't feel safe around niggers, guess what majority of whites feel the same way. We shouldn't be hiding it, we should be openly proclaiming it and embracing it.
>>
>>129269093
>I'd love to hear your thoughts.
You're a fag that can't b8 properly
>>
>>129269093
"It makes no sense that you have certain school districts that are 90% white while others are majority minority."
Ummmm yes it does!
>>
File: 1494108783113.jpg (16KB, 480x468px) Image search: [Google]
1494108783113.jpg
16KB, 480x468px
>>129269093
>>
File: 1496818482021.jpg (94KB, 656x960px) Image search: [Google]
1496818482021.jpg
94KB, 656x960px
>>129269093
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.