[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Slave Morality, Religion, and Empire

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: abu-moslem-khorasani.jpg (46KB, 768x499px) Image search: [Google]
abu-moslem-khorasani.jpg
46KB, 768x499px
I've recently done a bit of reading on Nietzsche's theory of master-slave morality, which has helped me to make greater sense of historical patterns.

Take for example the course of the Umayyad Caliphate.
>630s: Arab tribes unified for first time, embark on conquest of Middle East, North Africa and Central Asia, establishing a massive empire
>Arab tribesmen, accounting for well under 10% of the total population, form hereditary elite and do little to proselytize conquered people, keep their religion to themselves
>Even still, many prisoners of war attach themselves to Arab tribes as clients (Mawali) and convert in order to advance their social status
>Arab warrior culture and chivalric values from the pagan age often takes precedent over religious ideals so that non-Arab Muslims are excluded and shunned by tribesmen
>Likewise sons of Arab fathers and non-Arab mothers, though prevalent, are often mocked and regarded as half-castes
>Arab groups who feel marginalized form pietist movements such as the Kharijite fundamentalists (basically forerunners of the Wahhabis) and Shi'ite sects
>These groups deny the legitimacy of the Umayyads, whom they identify as crypto-pagan usurpers and Arab chauvinists, and so they advocate strongly for rights of the Mawali and support race mixing with them
>Countless revolts led in the name of egalitarian fundamentalism and emancipation of the Mawali eventually breaks the back of the dynasty (pic related), and in 750 the Umayyads are hunted down and largely exterminated
>New Abbasid Caliphate becomes classic example of "Asiatic Despotism", Sir John Glubb compares it to the Bolshevik regime in his book "The Empire of the Arabs"

So tl;dr, Islam was used as a national religion to unify the Arabs and create an empire, but ultimately it was turned against them and used to destroy the very empire it had created, along with most of the people who had created it. [1/2]
>>
[2/3]

Pietist groups with universalist ideas betrayed their own nation in order to empower the slaves and satisfy their own feelings of conqueror's guilt. Can you think of any parallels with the present?

Much in the same way, Christianity was employed in the unification of Europe (albeit more nominally under the Church), and this is why many people here would consider Christianity to be the national religion of white Europeans, in spite of universalist themes present in Christianity.

Let me make it clear that I don't think Christianity is to blame for the migrant crisis; rather it is the slave morality inherent in its doctrines (and indeed in all the Abrahamic faiths) which has imbued the European of all beliefs with a sense of guilt for the successes of our imperial ancestors. At its core, our religion was conceived by a servile people who used religion to challenge their status of servitude under a powerful empire, and for that reason it will always undo the empires that it creates.

Whatever victories we may claim in the name of Christianity and Europe are undercut by the un-wordly and universalist tenets of our national religion. Even the Church itself has sold out Europe, as seen by the current pope. Regardless, whatever is left of Europe is dying a death by a thousand cuts; the schismatic and heretic churches are competing with one another to outdo the Church in terms of self abasement on behalf of the foreigners.
>>
[3/3]

Because of this burgeoning existential threat, Europe cannot survive without rallying to its faith. But the solution cannot be paganism, which is a dead religion for all intents and purposes, nor Christianity, which itself is rapidly dying off only to be replaced by yet another Abrahamic faith, that of Islam, which European elites may very well adopt.

Christianity does not reward the innate superiority of the European, nor does it endorse our unending struggle on behalf of civilization. It would make us, the conquerors of the world, into slaves so that the meek foreigner might inherit the kingdom of God.

The only solution is a new religion, a warrior religion which will form the bedrock of a revitalized European civilization.
>>
agree
abrahamism is an absolute cancer, although I don't see a source of "revitalization" for Europe nearby this time

after the collapse of Rome it was the so called barbarians who acted as a medicine and rectified christianity bringing it closer to the European way of things
but now we don't have such source anymore, the barbarians all around are all abrahamitics and in a decadent phase themselves
>>
Hell is a choice and you chose it.
>>
>>129249791
where did you read about the umayads?
>>
>>129249791
religion = nationalism
>>
This new religion will it be open for non europeans too?
What do you think this new religion will look as?
>>
>>129251348
>abrahamism is an absolute cancer, although I don't see a source of "revitalization" for Europe nearby this time
What do you hate about abrahamic religion?
>>
>>129252999
SOL INVICTUS obviously
>>
>>129251348
The only thing I can think of as dogmatic as religion that we can leverage as a means of control to whites now is fascism.
>>
>>129253142
OP highlighted one of the main problems fairly well, its inherent slave morality, which may be dormant but always present and ready to spring up.
I also don't like the inherent "disgust" with earthly life that seems present in all of them.
>>
>>129252227

Hands down the best source on them is Julius Wellhausen's "The Arab Kingdom and its Fall", which you can find in pdf form online. It's long but exceptional.

For a briefer introduction, you could read Hugh Kennedy's "The Prophet and the Age of the Caliphates" which is a good introductory guide.

Patricia Crone's "Slaves on Horses" is short and to the point, absolutely fantastic analysis of why Islam has failed as a political system, not to mention it gives great insight of the phenomenon I described in my post.

>>129251822
I do not fear Hell, merely that men might create it on Earth in order to satisfy their delusions.
>>
>>129253948
>Hands down the best source on them is Julius Wellhausen's "The Arab Kingdom and its Fall", which you can find in pdf form online. It's long but exceptional.
>For a briefer introduction, you could read Hugh Kennedy's "The Prophet and the Age of the Caliphates" which is a good introductory guide.
>Patricia Crone's "Slaves on Horses" is short and to the point, absolutely fantastic analysis of why Islam has failed as a political system, not to mention it gives great insight of the phenomenon I described in my post.
Are these books well recieved in the arab world? The books are seen as accurate?
>>
>>129253524
I think people should be subordinate to the greater good but earthly life should be celebrated as a challange and a quest
>>
What do you think of anabaptism?
What do you think of the hutterites? Do you think their communal way of life is going to be succesfull in the future?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xZQW4PVlbI&t=7s&list=PLfTrJjNuBvbZasF-vXq2yWv1oUq1lWx7
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2omDlZlO_s&t=1868s&list=PLfTrJjNu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbJLtKLEBtA&t=1977s&list=PLf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYMcDQsgFGw&list=
>>
>>129253948
>Hands down the best source on them is Julius Wellhausen's "The Arab Kingdom and its Fall", which you can find in pdf form online. It's long but exceptional.
do you have a quick link?
>>
https://archive.org/details/arabkingdomandit029490mbp

It's a classic, basically every English language scholar of Islam references it one way or the other, and it follows the Arabic sources quite closely.

Crone's work is more controversial because of the challenging issues it addresses, such as questioning the origins of Islam, but Slaves on Horses is more straightforward, albeit heady and dense like the rest of her work. Still very rewarding.
>>
>>129256387
thx
>>
>>129249791
>I've recently done a bit of reading on Nietzsche's theory of master-slave morality
i bet you think master morality is good and slave morality is bad huh

both types are inferior to what nietzsche called the higher type
>>
>>129257658
why invent when there is SOL INVICTUS. at least the sun fking exists
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-29-16-27-53.png (290KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-29-16-27-53.png
290KB, 720x1280px
>>129249791
You need Scheler
>>
>>129249791
>Islam was used as a national religion to unify the Arabs and create an empire
arabs never made any sort of civilization out of their empire. why are you wasting all this time making a post about these worthless people?
>>
>>129253176
I think Fascism is only a temporary expression/nerve reaction. Its inherently too modern to bring about a true spiritual reawakening, the kind desperately needed in Europe.
To put it in some more traditional terms, I think it's a modern reaction of the warrior caste towards the slow but steady domination of the merchant/servant castes.
>>
>>129258003
denying reality won't help anyone.as short and shitty it was, it existed learn the facts and destroy the enemy
>>
>>129258254
Indeed, it's a shame we aren't advanced enough to militarise space properly. until then warriors won't be respected properly like roman legionaries were
>>
looks like a case of stokholm to me
http://www.hispanicmuslims.com/andalusia/andalusia.html
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.