[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is homelessness so popular in America?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9

File: Skidrow.jpg (637KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Skidrow.jpg
637KB, 1200x800px
Why is homelessness so popular in America?
>>
The mentally ill cannot be committed to a hospital against their will. In the 1950's civil rights groups like the ACLU challenged the idea.
>>
>>129212979
More like all the mental hospitals got shut down under Reagan and now these people have nowhere to go except the streets or jail.
>>
>>129211879
It's not
>>
>>129213193

When he was governor of California or President of the United States?
>>
>>129213193

the only solutions I can think of are killing them or shipping them off as harsh as that is. The ones in Denver have no desire to improve their situation and would rather devote their time to accosting the public in some manner
>>
File: seriously.png (6KB, 232x232px) Image search: [Google]
seriously.png
6KB, 232x232px
>>129211879

> homeless guy here
Because nobody will give me a job that I can actually do.

I need the kind of job where you sit down and work on some kind of manual project. No interaction with the public. Actually getting something done/produced without just performing some kind of maintenance. Without any serious rush to get it done (im good at Precision).

That is about the -only- kind of work I can do. Period.

> Also ive done job hunting for upwards of 18 months and never got a call back. Not even one interview. Not even from MCD's.

> I dont have a Phone Number anymore either.

This is just my example but I will say regarding homelessness in america - its not so much that its "popular", its that there isnt anything else to DO with them.

No home to go to, you're homeless. You cant just go to XYZ address somewhere and crash for the night.

If you dont have any friends, there's nobody to put you up, and usually that sorta thing can lose you your friends anyway (it gets old at around the 1 Week mark).

Homeless Shelters wont keep you for more than 10-30 days. Far less time than it takes to get a job and save money for a place even if you got one on the first day you got there.

TL;DR - Nobody cares, except the cops. But the cops cant get rid of you either, its kinda like sweeping dirt under the rug so that the homeless are noticed by the public less.

There are some people who are druggies/alcoholics and this is the cliche reason, but from everything ive seen I will wager that only about 30% of Homeless are actually homeless because of (drinking all their money).

They other 70% are due to Economic Depression and shitty modern business practices.

>>129213193
This is part of it, but from what ive heard the real loons actually get Arrested for acting out in some way, and then they're treated in jail along the same lines as they would've been at a mental institution
> jail is the new asylum
>>
>>129213396
President. Damn shame because most of the homeless are an extreme loss to society and should be committed
>>
>>129213593
Get a job you fucking peasant
>>
>>129213637
http://www.nytimes.com/1984/10/30/science/how-release-of-mental-patients-began.html?pagewanted=all

The decline started long before him. The civil libertarians dismantled involuntary commitment. You can't put them away!
>>
>>129211879
Because a lot of people don't have social safety nets. I'm lucky, because if things go poorly for me, I have a large network of friends and family who would be willing and able to help me. For people who don't have that, they are simply fucked if they lose their job and can't afford their shit anymore. Also there's a ton of insane people who no one wants to help, because they are scumbags and it's not worth it to help them.
>>
>>129213593
>>129213504

Actually id be okay with being killed off. At least someone else would be doing it other than myself.

One of the best fields I think for homeless people, because of how they've had to live outdoors and live under harsh circumstances...

Conscription or Mercinaries
> joe blow with a rifle
> putting his life on the line to serve the country
> no need to be peak physical fitness, but he knows if he remains undisciplined, he will die
> not regular military, they know they're on the bottom of the barrel, no soldier left behind does not apply to them, they better get shit straight or they wont come back at all
>>
>>129213193
It was both.
Of course talk to anyone who worked or lived at one of those places and learn they were all CooCoo's nest level hellholes. I'm not convinced they were better than living on the street.
>>
>>129211879

because you can do nothing but beg for money and still afford to buy expensive drugs all day every day

truly a prosperous land even for the poorest
>>
File: shut up youre next.jpg (16KB, 236x352px) Image search: [Google]
shut up youre next.jpg
16KB, 236x352px
>>129213808

Make me

> trying to make me, thats called slavery
> ill kill anyone who tries to do that
> or ill fuck up everything that they make me do for them

Bet you didnt know I had that much willpower huh.

I okay with dying.
Im not okay with working.
Unless its exactly what I want to do.

> get a job

WHY DONT you GIVE me one.
Be the change you want to see in the world.

If homeless people are jobless.
Give them jobs.
Take the initiative.
>>
>>129211879
Mental illness, unemployable sex offenders, child support dodgers... the self supportinng homeless arent in the city.
>>129213593
>implying you cant push a broom or scrub a toilet, you just wanna stick out your hand.
>>
File: IMG_20170607_173239.jpg (104KB, 1118x1124px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170607_173239.jpg
104KB, 1118x1124px
All the homeless people ive met are mentally ill, drug abusers, or are just complete scumbags. It is no coincidence.

My perception is, they ALL have mental problems that impedes them from performing and functioning in society correctly.
>>
>>129213808
>american education does not teach children to read anymore.
at least learn to read before trying to react pleb
>>
>>129214382
All the ones in my neighborhood now have EBT cards. They walk out of the store with a cart full of groceries go camp behind the building and leave a mess. Begging is no longer required.
>>
File: 900 percent.jpg (72KB, 500x738px) Image search: [Google]
900 percent.jpg
72KB, 500x738px
>>129214387

Homelss people dont have the time of day for you, or your pathetic businesses. They're not going to go out of their way to "look under every twig" for the one place in town that's willing to hire them.

If you dont "conscript" them into work, Give them a damn job, they'll never get one.

You have to come to them, not the other way around. They'll grow old and die before they'll help you, unless you make it really good for them.
>>
>>129213593

>never got a call back
>dont have a phone

kek
>>
>>129211879
No safety net
>>
>>129214755

Food was never an issue. Plenty of access to free sources.

Some of these homeless people drink/smoke $100+/day in booze/drugs
>>
>>129212979
Yeah. I know this situation all too well. My mother has schizophrenia. It's been impossible to get her the help she needs.
>>
>>129214522
>All the homeless people ive met are mentally ill, drug abusers, or are just complete scumbags.
Yet the media and government services still push this image of a single mother down on her luck living on the street and it could be any one of us at any moment.

If there is a shelter available then living on the street should be harassed into correcting their behavior.
>>
>>129211879
Some people think "Why get a job and pay billz when the libs will just give me food and booze for free?"
>>
File: whoa look at that shit.jpg (40KB, 384x290px) Image search: [Google]
whoa look at that shit.jpg
40KB, 384x290px
>>129214755

Except Trump added the work requirement to the EBT again

Which means they just lose their food stamps and go back to begging.

> achieves exactly 0 progress
> covers up the fact that the food stamp program is running out of money

And trust me if people were getting jobs to fullfill the food stamp requirement... they'd be losing their food stamps because they make too much.

So thats a jerk-off-motion too.

Anyone thinking that adding "work requirements" to anything is going to make people work (since they have to be Given jobs, you cant just steal a job) is absolutely fucking Naive.

Including our president. He's smart, he was smart enough to win the election. But he has no clue how homelessness works IN 2017.
>>
>>129214842

well I used to

I eventually stopped getting enough money to even pay for a tracfone. So I lost my number.

Its a glorified mp3 player/camera now.
>>
homeless is the natural state since humans were always homeless until very recently

look at nature. it is just animals wandering in leisure and acting like a bunch of bums chilling out, fucking, and looking for food.

the homeless natural system invented such wonders as elephants, dolphins, einstein, oppenheimer, spinoza and even you, so dont disparage it
>>
>>129215046
>mother has schizophrenia.
My friends mom didn't get serious help until she went to jail for threatening the President and attacking a police officer. Its the only place that would make her take her meds.
>>
>>129215178

They work the minimum hours (~20/week) to keep benefits and just steal/be a lousy employee until they get fired and then they ride the max time until their next mandatory employment and repeat
>>
>>129215164
Nah man. Homeless people are mentally sick. Either neurologically imbalanced from heavy drug use or suffering from mental illness. If they had the capacity to get apply for welfare and low income housing, they would.
>>
>>129215297

This

Up until about 100-150 years ago people could pretty much just go build a hut out in the woods and thats where they lived. And they would farm the land and all that.

150 years isnt long considering human history.
>>
>>129215444

>give free houses to drug abusers and underachievers

this is what liberals actually believe... sickening
>>
>>129214387
Get a job you fucking peasant.
>>
>>129215669
I'm far from liberal. I've just experienced living with a relative that was severely mentally ill for a few years. It's pretty horrifying stuff watching someone you care about cognitively atrophy right before your very eyes. If I didn't have the resources I do to support her, she'd end up on the street or worse.
>>
File: radiation incoming.jpg (566KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
radiation incoming.jpg
566KB, 900x900px
>>129215401

Some of them do.

But nobody hires homeless people.
Nobody.

So they're using homeless shelters or crashing at somebody's place (they must be fortunate enough to do that) so they can claim the Address to fill out on the form.

> get a job

Yknow guys like me would rather Shoot the bastard giving the interview than answer any of his questions or listen to the fucking training.

You better make it real sweet to waste my time helping your business (which I may wish to burn down just on principal).

I demand $40 per hour no matter what the job is. Because I say so. If you cant pay it then you dont want my services.

> paying me not to blow your brains out with the .357 ive got buried in a container.
> paying me not to use this strategy as my convenient way to end things.

Im not dangerous, until you start talking job shit.
>>
if your not an american citizen u cant work for a corporation listed on walst

boom fixed.
>>
File: fuck you most of all.gif (995KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
fuck you most of all.gif
995KB, 500x282px
>>129215793

Pay me enough to not go postal on anyone who Does hire me.

GIVE me a job.
(*the only reason people get jobs is because somebody gives them one, lets just remove the pretense that happens before it)
>>
>>129215178
>Except Trump added the work requirement to the EBT again
California has no such requirement. We never even implemented the Clinton welfare reforms.
>>
>>129215922

it might be your funds that keep her from truly hitting rock bottom and getting the help she needs...

gotta take care of yourself man instead of worrying about a (crazy) anchor

>>129215949

talk a lot of shit for sucking cocks under a bridge
>>
>>129215669
In fact. It's overly liberal laws (in overly liberal states) that prevent people from being able to force mentally ill people into treatment.
>>
>>129213593
So you want a job where you can sit on your butt and work on projects that you like working on with no time constraints? Gee I wonder why you can't get hired
>>
Jews.
>>
>>129213504
Remember they shipped a whole bunch to Oahu
>>
>>129211879
as opposed to europe, being homeless isn't a choice in america. the homeless in america fought for our freedom, and then they got butt fucked when they got home because america oppresses poor people and women. this is in sharp contrast to europe where romanians chose to be homeless and steal so much stuff they can
>>
>>129213593
>Because nobody will give me a job that I can actually do.

>I need the kind of job where you sit down and work on some kind of manual project. No interaction with the public. Actually getting something done/produced without just performing some kind of maintenance. Without any serious rush to get it done (im good at Precision).

You are describing a very cushy job: no interaction with the public, no firm deadlines, mostly creating things, no tedium of maintenance. You and almost everyone else wants this kind of job too.
>>
>>129216723

>norway knows about the homeless people in the US

most of the "homeless vets" in the US are people that got a few mismatched pieces of military shit from a thrift store and fake being in the military to get more gibs

i served 6 years in the army and at least 90% of the homeless people i see claiming they served are full of shit and the other 10% are insane and will probably knife you if you talk to them
>>
Its a popular hobby for white people to spend excessive amounts of money to slive like homeless people, some call it "camping" but the idea is that you get all the benefits of being homeless without all the social stigma

homeless people are what everyone wants to be
>>
1. it's not
2. niggers
>>
>>129216403
This, it was also pushed by extreme liberal Presidents/Governor's, like Ronald Reagan.
>>
>>129211879
Fewer jobs available for high school diploma-and-done types. They either ship off to shoot brown people or end up on the street.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.