[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did it used to be ok for whites to say nigger?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 00440339.jpg (18KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
00440339.jpg
18KB, 640x480px
tfw you can remember a time when 'nigger' wasn't censored and PC wasn't a liberal thing.

Patti Smith's Rock n Roll Nigger
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1o68h4Usqs

SNL skit with Richard Pryor and Chevy Chase
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6efIdwSQIIQ

"We don't care when Richard Pryor or Eddie Murphy say it. Why? They're niggers!" - George Carlin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUvdXxhLPa8
>>
Yeah, I remember "nigger" being a normal word. But I don't recall it was ever particularly acceptable for a white person to use it in public outside of special situations like a comedy routine where it was important and relevant to specifically use nigger instead of some other term.
>>
>>129211697
>Yeah, I remember "nigger" being a normal word. But I don't recall it was ever particularly acceptable for a white person to use it in public outside of special situations like a comedy routine where it was important and relevant to specifically use nigger instead of some other term.

No it wasn't 100% acceptable, but it just seems like today you couldn't release a song with the word nigger or SNL wouldn't have a comedy sketch with it or a white comedian wouldn't say it either. There was a time when we could actually use it, as long as we weren't directly insulting a nigger. Nowadays if you just say it, like Bill Maher did last week, you're immediately tarred and feathered. There's no sense of humour anymore and everyone's too uptight these days and it needs to end. I'm an old school liberal myself and I hate SJWs because I feel like they've ruined everything.
>>
Pryor hated Chevy Chase didn't he? Was it because of this sketch?
>>
>>129212123
I couldn't agree more. It was much better back in the day when people were allowed to make fun of each other and have a sense of humor.

I can't imagine how different people are supposed to get along without being able to rib each other about their differences. It's not like we're out lynching and enslaving people, tossing gays off the roof, etc.
>>
>>129212213
>Pryor hated Chevy Chase didn't he? Was it because of this sketch?

I can't see that being the reason because the skit was written by Pryor's personal writer who was also black.
>>
>>129213180
you mean racist closet homosexual Paul Mooney?
>>
>>129213539
>you mean racist closet homosexual Paul Mooney?

Yeah to this generation you could say that, but there was a time that 'racist' meant the real deal burning crosses on your lawn shit.
>>
>>129211393
Nigger comes from negro which means black
They know being called black is an insult
>>
>>129216051
If we really wanted to be insulting, we'd go back to calling them things like "porch monkey" and "boy." Now you have to say "person of color" because even "colored person" means you're a slave owner just itchin' to chain up another nigra to the truck and go for a ride.
>>
>>129211393
Nigger didn't become PC till the late 80's with Jesse Jackson. Negroid didn't become PC till the late 90's with Bill Clinton.
>>
It's the Euphemism Treadmil.
Words like "retard" used to be medical terms but they became insulting simply because of what they describe,
Same happens with nigger, negro. coloured. Whatever word you use to describe niggers, that word will eventually become an insult.
>>
>>129211393
>that sketch
Oh you white people better be afraid of us black people.
>>
>>129211393
Before 1964 niggers couldn't by guns.
>>
>>129212123

>SJWs
>I feel like they've ruined everything.

They have. So thoroughly so, it'll take an entire generation to recover at the absolute minimum. SJWs and current day leftists are anything but liberal. They're totalitarians who enforce their agenda through violence and terror. They promote racial segregation and ethnic cleansing. They advocate the abolition of Christianity and traditional values. They want the state to replace the family. They promote hedonism and superficiality above intellect and self improvement. They are neo Bolsheviks and if it were up to them, they'd reinstate a Soviet style dictatorship; genocide, and gulags, and police state surveillance, government housing, bread lines, zero press freedom, and all. It's utterly abhorrent - and if we fall into the same fucking trap ourselves, we deserve no better than to endure what these diabolical policies entail.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.