[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

paganism

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 285
Thread images: 62

File: il_340x270.583019477_lnks.jpg (47KB, 340x270px) Image search: [Google]
il_340x270.583019477_lnks.jpg
47KB, 340x270px
So why should anyone ever believe in paganism?

Here are some questions:
1) Are your gods literally real? Or are they only pretend play stories?

If its all pretend play why bother?

2) If they are real can you demonstrate them?
What happened to people who did not believe in them?
How about the after life? What is the theology? Do you have anything?

3) The only thing I ever have seen from paganis are vague hippie level stupidities (prove me wrong and post something substantial) like:
>its like the faith of our ancestors man
And our ancestors did not have the internet or electricity.
So why adopt their believes about Odin and not their technological level?

>Its like in your blood man
More non-substantial crap see above.

4) Bonus round give your pagan positions on
>Homosexuality
>Abortion
>Transgender
>>
>>129203893
And the number of responses is ZERO!
Can a actual pagan show up or anyone talk about what they are?
>>
>>129204630
Kurva ánatok
>>
File: 1448067317003.png (191KB, 380x676px) Image search: [Google]
1448067317003.png
191KB, 380x676px
>moderns LARPing as religious
>>
>>129203893
Could it be the same reasons people some people conert to christianity?
>>
>>129204993
I don't understand this.
>>129205326
I give them a chance I'm not going to blast them with accusations. Let them present what and why they believe it.
>>
>>129205590
I don't see any pagan missionaries in Jehovah witnesses style.
>>
>>129205832
well let's not pretend like the vast majority of christians aren't LARPing as well, especially here on /pol/
they are either brought up with a very vague cultural belonging to it(despite never being truly initiated into it and maybe not even attempting to get into it) or they are after the aesthetics and the perceived conservative feeling behind it, they aren't true believers and you know it
>>
>>129206148
Are you a pagan?
>LARPing
I did not use this word sir.

Lets put Christians aside for a moment I want to hear your believe system.
>>
>>129207876
>Are you a pagan?
no
>>
>>129208301
Ok I wanted to start a conversation with one of them.
I want to know what they believe in and to answer my questions.

Do you know what these pagans actually think?
>>
>>129203893
Come on.
Look at our society now. Controlled by kikes and ruined by own own people.
Foreigners infest our lands and we are a doomed people. I'd give anything to go back to how it used to be.
>>
>>129209242
Are you a pagan?
Can you answer my questions?
>>
>>129203893
Eat shit christcuck, we don't need to answer Slav subhumans
>>
>>129203893

I dont think we should value paganism over Christianity or Catholicism unless someone has some good arguments who knows Paganism.

Whatever we need from our religion was subsumed from Paganism into the Christian religions. We know the rituals and holidays and such were absorbed. I see no reason to go back myself.
>>
File: Human Sacrifice in Athens.png (1MB, 2575x3333px) Image search: [Google]
Human Sacrifice in Athens.png
1MB, 2575x3333px
>>
1. They are not real in the physical sense, they are real in the metaphysical sense. You can not prove or disprove the metaphysical through physical evidence. The forces and truths the gods represent are just as real as gravity and any scientific law. They represent metaphysical forces and laws that are always true.

2. You cannot demonstrate them with physical evidence. People who did not believe in them likely succumbed to basic, impure desires and led lives full of vice. There is an underworld and a "heaven" in Germanic/Norse mythology, but overall it is not focused on what comes after life, but how to conduct yourself while you are alive, and make sure your name lives on in the memories of the living, granting you eternal life in the minds of those you leave behind.

3. Internet and electricity (modern luxuries) are not a marker of metaphysical or philosophical attainment. Suggesting that their beliefs are directly responsible for their level of technology is completely retarded, and ignores the huge strides made by the pagan Greeks and Romans that were all but smothered by the Christians, who destroyed technological and philsophical progress so bad that it didn't begin to recover until the Renaissance, when pagan ideas began to circulate once again.

4. Homosexuality is self-indulgent perversion that is against the laws of nature. Abortion is the same. Transgender is the same, or perhaps being influenced by the forces of a feminine goddess.
>>
>>129208674
there's various currents of paganism, some may have a more "legitimate" account of what actual Pagans might have practiced/believed(i.e Greco/Roman paganism), some less(Germanic/Celtic paganism), but it doesn't really matter to me, none of them seems to me to have any legitimate spiritual depth to it due to the intrinsically modern way they came about, as the chain of priesthood was broken and thus there is no direct link to the practices and beliefs those Pagans actually had

I can kinda understand where they come from though, but I just can't see those as legitimate religious movements. It's more of a natural reaction people attached to Europe feel towards modern Christianity and its remote origins.

Anyway, I brought Christians into the question because I see many of them accusing pagans of LARPing, and while they may be right it's pretty much a pot/kettle situation, as although they can at least access to an unbroken tradition like Catholicism for instance, very few of them will and their vision of Christianity will more often than not be as LARP-tier as pagans view their own thing

my two cents
>>
>>129203893
1. They're as real as the desert Jew, meaning they aren't, why bother? Because they those stories and fairy tales have good lessons to teach us and are a good way to pass down ideas to children who can't deal with too many abstractions yet. Christianity certainly has certain good lessons too but I'm fundamentally against original sin and Jesus' pacifism.

3.The pagans have accomplished a lot, see the Roman empire and Greek philosophy.

4. Homos, don't care, gay culture I'm against.
Abortion, in favor for eugenic purposes, but it's mostly used to excuse irresponsibility so I'm undecided yet.
Trans, same as homos, they're going to exist in the world regardless of the main religion, the culture surrounding the identity is awful but doesn't mean the people are. Also more research should go into a cure rather than sex reassignment surgery since it doesn't seem to be a good long term solution for them.
>>
>>129203893
Its just edgelord shit since being a regular atheist is mainstream and boring now
>>
>>129210677
And id like to add, about your first point, anyone who truly believes in their religion is a cuck to their god. If gods were real we should aim to slay them and sit upon their thrones
>>
>>129210677
Atheism is a lack of belief, paganism is about having ideals and traditions, it's not about being edgy, it's about filling the "spiritual" hole that atheist left when they dismantled Christianity in the west.
>>
>>129210093
>Sacrifice the weakest, ugliest, and most undesirable people
How is this a bad thing? European pagan sacrifices were almost always criminals or people who were burdensome on the entire society. This isn't like other parts of the world where they sacrificed the most beautiful virgin maidens.
>>
>>129210934
For a lot of people its about being edgy. The rest are fat white kids who have a fetish for larping as vikings
>>
>>129211005
huh I guess we should just give all the nigs in the penitentiaries to satanists to kill
But in all seriousness sacrificing people is wrong, period.
>>
>>129203893
Has kek not shown himself to you nonbeliever?
>>
File: Human Sacrifice-Zeus Vult.png (2MB, 2558x3311px) Image search: [Google]
Human Sacrifice-Zeus Vult.png
2MB, 2558x3311px
>>
>>129211470
Or maybe it's an acknowledgement that Christianity celebrates weakness and pacifies the masses? Maybe it's an acknowledgement that following a doctrine of "turn the other cheek" and "love thy neighbor as you would love thyself" makes you nothing but sitting ducks for any group of people with the will to try and dominate you, and does nothing but make you weak in your personal life? Maybe it's an acknowledgement that the instability it created in the Roman Empire is directly correlated with its collapse?

Stop making sweeping generalizations about things you haven't taken the time to understand.

>>129211774
Instead we give them all to the electric chair, conduct a ritual of giving them their favorite food as a last meal, and sacrifice them to the god called Justice.
>>
>>129203893
Just finished reading the Eddas - Snorri's version as well as "The British Eddas" - and guess what?
THOR WAS A TURK
>THOR WAS A TURK
THOR WAS A TURK
>THOR WAS A TURK
THOR WAS A TURK
>THOR WAS A TURK
THOR WAS A TURK
>THOR WAS A TURK

...and "Pagans" are faggots who eat each other's sperm, get to fuck.hippies.
>>
File: How to larp.png (566KB, 1900x2635px) Image search: [Google]
How to larp.png
566KB, 1900x2635px
>>129211005
If you're sacrificing criminals to your god then theyll not be appeased, you'd have to sacrifice a whole city of criminals to appease them. People who have stained themselves, their blood is not worth it. Only th eblood of the pure and innocent will do. Anyone who's actually done real sacrirfies will understand it. You can never sacrifice an animal with blemish or the best you had with all pagan religions, why would it be any different with people?
>>
>>129211470
How are those things bad? They're not the best you could do with paganism but it's not dissimilar to christians larping as crusaders posting "inshallah" and "Allah Akbar" in Latin. But neither is an argument against the ideology, it's a laughing matter about the people. Also >>129210888 is a misunderstanding of many religions, it just shows how Christianity has distorted the views of religions and gods. Many deities aren't meant to be worshipped or respected, some are to be feared, some are to be hated for the evil they represent, some are lessons as to how you should not act, not every religion has the same subordination to a deity the way semitic religions do.
>>
>>129212287
Because the reason you are sacrificing them isn't as a gift to the gods, but to show the gods that you are removing those in your society that are abominations to them. That is why you sacrifice the weak and the criminals, to show the gods that you honor their teachings enough to remove those who are an affront to them from your community.

Again, it is no different than giving serial killers the death penalty because of your belief in Justice.
>>
File: 1493857636880.jpg (21KB, 445x446px) Image search: [Google]
1493857636880.jpg
21KB, 445x446px
>>129212680
Then that's not sacrifice that's judgement. A sacrifice is an OFFERING
>>
I'm not a pagan but I think I can answer you.
>Are your gods literally real? Or are they only pretend play stories?
The general feeling I have from the neopagan movement that most of the followers don't really believe in the gods the same way as Christians or muslims do. Rather I see the movement as a way of trying to promote the values and lifestyle of the old. There's some rebellion against western culture (and abrahamic religions too).

>If they are real can you demonstrate them?
Religion isn't about proofing existence of a deity.

>What happened to people who did not believe in them?
Depends on the type of paganism but I think most of them didn't have this concept of "if you don't believe, you go to hell" like in christianity etc.
>How about the afterlife? What is the theology? Do you have anything?
Afterlife again depends on the type of paganism, usually afterlife exists with it being some sort of a "spirit" world. As for theology, it doesn't really exist as there are not that many rules or books about the religion itself.

>Why not adopt their technological level?
I don't understand your reasoning. What has technology do with traditions.
>>
>>129212325
Yeah, paganism was way better than Semitic religions, because paganism was never as extreme as say, Islam....except that it was.
Did not require subordination? Are you really dumb enuff to think that? That being a pagan, used to be an OPTION? People got sacrificed when they DID believe, let alone, if they didn't.
These eople claiming to be pagan, are not. Just a bunch of dudes getting together and circle jerking. atting each other on the back over something they don't really know shit about.
They are like Bernie voters.
>>
File: 1496895041763.png (182KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1496895041763.png
182KB, 750x750px
>>129212182
Justice isn't sacrifice retard
>>
>>129213010
>Yeah, paganism was way better than Semitic religions, because paganism was never as extreme as say, Islam....except that it was.
Indo-Europeans didn't wage holy wars, they might have invoked a god like Mars to help them in battle but when they met another religion they would normally just reason it within Interpratatio Romana or something and be on their way

Contrast this with the Thirty Years War and Northern Crusades and it's a very striking difference.
>>
File: nde814.jpg (46KB, 400x228px) Image search: [Google]
nde814.jpg
46KB, 400x228px
>>129210200
Thank you.
>1. They are not real in the physical sense, they are real in the metaphysical sense
I understand nothing of this.
Something is real or its not.
Something is demonstrable or its not and if not why believe in it?

I can demonstrate things that would look supernatural or magical to the primitive people of the enlightenment like remote control or communication over radio, X-ray vision.
Things not material however demonstrable with things like phones or radios to be absolutely true.

>There is an underworld and a "heaven" in Germanic/Norse mythology, but overall it is not focused on what comes after life, but how to conduct yourself while you are alive, and make sure your name lives on in the memories of the living, granting you eternal life in the minds of those you leave behind.

Interesting so no after life, are all stories of Valhalla fabrications?
Do your gods have personalities ?
Did you speak with them in visions or out of body experiences?
How do you know of the number of gods or if you go their names right?
What is the relationship between the gods?
Are they more human like (pop culture thor and zeus) or are they abstract forces (like magnetism)?
What about other tribes gods like in:
>Egipt
>Rome
>Hinduism
>Mayans
Ar their gods equally true or fake?
Are they different gods or the same ones under different names?
Can you use the power of different gods and start worshiping lets say Hindu gods like you do with Odin?
What about Christians is the Christian god true? Or is he something else?
How do you honor your gods?
Do you have ceremonies?
How do you know what ceremonies to do and if they are right? (Do your gods literally talk to you?)
What can be gained from the gods?
Can they grant powers D&D style or light manipulations of probability?

And finally how do you know your religion is true and not some fake self delusion?
>>
>>129213165
that pic only really flies for specific texts regarding the North Germanics

we have contemporary accounts from folks like Tacitus, anthropology has helped us learn more about their pantheon, and their brothers like Greco-Romans help us fill in the gaps.
>>
>>129203893
I've been a Neo Pagan for 9 years now, before this bullshit started with the special snowflakes wanted to feel good, and vikings showed up.

I was born Roman Catholic, at the age of 8 I was gifted the book Hagakure about the Bushido, and I came to the conclusion that there are more cultures in the world and each one of them has their truth.
Years pass, and I became atheast, to that point I started to study everything that I could about all religions, and came to the conclusion that every religion is man made, but the lessons that each and everyone of them has is what is important.

Catholic / Christians / Jews : Obey God and receive benefits

Islam: Obey God at all cost and convert everyone for all must be under us

Pagans (North): Live a full life and prove you are worthy of the Gods and enter Valhalla.

So to answer your questions:

1) All Gods are man made, but each God represents an aspect of man.
2) Everyone will believe what after life gives to them, and they will live there life according to which ever way they chose to get to it.
3) in the case of Pagan Practice look to Iceland, part of the population is still following the old ways and with a few changes, like Human and Animal sacrifice has been taken out, because need to fit the times.
4) From what I can gather, stuff like Abortion and Transgender was no were to be found as something to be worthy of note back in the time. Now days, what I can see most Neo pagans do not like the idea of forcing this on people that do not care for it and call it out on (see the group Norsk on Facebook), other (Pagans) see the story of Loki getting Impregnated by the horse Sleipnir like proof of Transgenders in the Edda. In the past Abortion was not practiced in the past, for the life of children was a good sign. Now is up to the individual.

most people now days are LARPing thinking this will make them special in someway or another. I stay true to my path, because for me it's not Fashion.
>>
File: pagan counterculture.jpg (199KB, 801x801px) Image search: [Google]
pagan counterculture.jpg
199KB, 801x801px
>me and my friends get into MMO's and RPG's
>friend develops cosplay fantasy of pagan viking men
>we become pagans and reject roman christianity
>we LARP every harvest in the evening with others in our local group
>everyone seems super pumped that we are bringing back identity europa!
>>
File: LARPAGANS.jpg (277KB, 680x1156px) Image search: [Google]
LARPAGANS.jpg
277KB, 680x1156px
>>
File: 991116-D-2987S-007.jpg (1MB, 2960x1950px) Image search: [Google]
991116-D-2987S-007.jpg
1MB, 2960x1950px
>>129210200
>3. Internet and electricity (modern luxuries) are
I like this response.

I was asking about it because i have seen pagan answer that implied that they are doing some pretend play to honor their tradition that is actually fake something like military ceremonies.

The whole
>Its because muh connection to ancestors

I love to see a explanation of what you understand under the word metaphysical and how you connect to it.

>4. Homosexuality is self-indulgent perversion that is against the laws of nature
This explained a lot keep it up.
>>
File: 1494126173618.png (288KB, 402x438px) Image search: [Google]
1494126173618.png
288KB, 402x438px
>>129213963
>tacitus
>never went to germany
>never met a german
>called them all filthy barbarians that lived in mud huts and were drunken losers
You really gonna use him as a source
>their brothers the greeks and romans to fill the gaps
A pagan universalist, almost as gay as the christian versions please go kill yourself you retard and come back to me when you have grown up
>>
File: Paganism5.png (203KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
Paganism5.png
203KB, 750x750px
>>
>>129213764
You pull more stupidity out of your ass. Pagan Gods, WERE Gods....nd the crusades, had it not been for Christianity, would have wiped Europe off the face off the map.
Basically the reason what you say happened, happened, is because at the time, European pagans, were a bunch of tiny groups, killing each other over land, like everyone else.
Of course you cannot compare the two times, it is apples and pears.the world was much more integrated, and global at the time, Paganism had already been wiped out, as the inferior ideology it was.
Of course you cannot compare the two..paganism was not organized enuff, or intelligent enuff, to accomplish these things.
btw, I know when you say pagan, what you really mean is not Jew. You should totally come up with a different word. Jews were pagan at the time you are referring to as well. They were likely pagan FIRST.
You are silly, comparing two different points in history, with each other, wishing it made sense....it does not bruh.
>>
>>129212834
No, the lamb without a blemish is an offering. It's saying to the gods "look at this great gift we have given you". The execution of a criminal is saying "look at how much we revere and respect what you stand for. Have your way with this man who was an affront to you". And the gods would be pleased that you exercised their will.

>>129213165
Of course it is. Why put someone to death for a crime? It's to show how seriously you believe in justice. It's to keep the unshakeable belief in justice going for as long as you possibly can. When you stop punishing people harshly for their crimes, the motivations to act in a way that is just slowly disappears. Just look at piracy. It's frowned upon but everyone engages in it, because it isn't enforced. The same is said of nearly all crimes that aren't enforced. No one acts in a way that is "just" in relation to these crimes because the necessary sacrifices to make people believe in that kind of justice are absent.

We make human sacrifices all the time. Just look at our wars. They are all fought for metaphysical concepts. They are fought for our "national interest", or for "freedom". Lady Liberty is extremely close to a pagan goddess in practice, as she embodies that liberty and freedom that we readily sacrifice our youngest and best men and women for. Is Lady Liberty real? Are the concepts she represents real? The latter answer is a resounding yes. They are so real to us that we die by the millions for them. But can you prove the existence of "freedom" from a solely scientific, objective perspective, without entering subjective human experience into the equation at all?

What about Uncle Sam? The idea that he's real is laughable, yet he is universally recognizable, and all Americans know what he represents, and those things are real to them. He "wants you" to act in the American way. But is he real? What about the things he represents?
>>
>>129213764
Don't feed the tripfags.

>>129213842
Hindu and Rome are pagan. Other gods were generally accepted in pagan societies since they had the same root and seemed like the same God but with a different name. Also you keep making the assumption paganism is a religion as Christianity is, think of it as a religion like Shinto or Buddhism, it's a set of ideals sometimes accompanied by the supernatural and rites. Actual supernatural beliefs are unfounded in any religion so to me it's idiotic but to your questions the gods do have personalities, whether they actual exist the stories about them do it answers your questions about the gods much better than shitposting here would, as for the faith drop it, it's not a faith it's a philosophy.

>>129213963
A lot of anti-paganist think paganism only refers to Norse though, they never seem to learn it's more than that.
>>
>>129214502
why lie so blatantly like this?
Tacitus had a generally very positive view of Germania and their customs.
>>
>>129214629
No that's not human sacrifice that' sjudgement. Judgement is not an offering, but an offering is an offering. You dumbass
>>
>>129214699
Don't feed the guy who is a thousand times smarter than our full of shit asses. You are the natsoc leaf, ain't ya?
The dude I have been destroying for DAYS?
Yeah, it's you...what a joke.
Ann is the biggest tripfag ever.
>>
File: paul joseph watson.jpg (966KB, 1436x1683px) Image search: [Google]
paul joseph watson.jpg
966KB, 1436x1683px
Paganism is the new punk rock!
>>
>>129203893
I dont want to fuck some tree god wisps during a blue moon for spiritual power with incense everywhere and sacrificing my favorite cow.

Paganism is literally newage spirituality for white women.
>>
File: lolynch.jpg (160KB, 1024x780px) Image search: [Google]
lolynch.jpg
160KB, 1024x780px
>>129203893
neo-paganism is cringe tier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhkRQUtD_Jo
>>
I don't ask anyone else to, infact I don't want you to.

We band together because we don't fear death.

You've invented this concept of a reward when you die, idiocy.

you are afraid to challenge things, to fight, all you do is fear.

We don't care, we will come back, we believe in reincarnation, so we don't fuck up the world and always fight.

There is no reason to not fight if you are a "pagan".
>>
>Putting your faith in fallen angles and their cursed abominations.

Paganism (and most polytheism) is worshiping the defeated and the unrighteous seraphim that rebelled and were put down.
Your gods are in chains and their creations banished to hell.
move on or get left behind.
>>
File: kurt-cobain-1024[1].jpg (310KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
kurt-cobain-1024[1].jpg
310KB, 1024x768px
Paganism is STILL the counterculture for young white men, especially those that feel disgruntled and jaded as Kurt Cobain did after the Blue Whale Scandal.
>>
>>129214502
>A pagan universalist
or literally just anthropology
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proto-Indo-European_religion

>>called them all filthy barbarians that lived in mud huts and were drunken losers
what a total fucking lie, he was very positive about them, or at worst just objective.

>>never went to germany
it's a compilation of information from people who did, so it's perfectly valid
>>
>>129210252
>my two cents
I add my 1 cent
>pot/kettle situation, as although they can at least access to an unbroken tradition like Catholicism
I think its a different situation, protestants seam to act extremely autistic.
This is because they have a non biblical belief that the bible is the only source for their faith.
They will autisticaly quote or repeat words from the bible while religions like catholicism have real ceremonies and traditions.

For example exorcism
in catholicism they have a whole ceremony and special words to say and act.
Protestants will quote over and over one like from the bible
>In Jesus name I cast out you demon
They can not adapt or move on, no new ceremonies only this one silly book.
And to make the whole thing even more absurd the ceremonies that are in the bible and are given instructions for are considerer to be obsolete
>Muh because the OT
So they are worthless garbage and wast of space in the bible.
And protestants have a non biblical believe system that the OT is non canon with no evidence whatsoever.
Its a pathetic shit show and every protestant who is not a atheist after 30 is mentally retarded/autistic in the extrema.
>>
>>129215172
You don't fuck up the world, because your group is a powerless joke, that no one gives a shit about.
Africans contributed more to the world, than European pagans.
>>
>>129203893
>Are your gods literally real? Or are they only pretend play stories?
Yes they exist.
No.
They don't care and the people don't care.
>How about the after life?
We all go to our respective family mound.
>Homosexuality
Don't care, it is up to one's family and tribe to determine what is acceptable.
>Abortion
Again I don't care. But do you really want murder affecting Wyrd.
>Transgender
That is a mental illness.
>>
>>129214627
>.nd the crusades, had it not been for Christianity, would have wiped Europe off the face off the map.
yes, the Balts were going to MASSACRE CHRISTIANITY
Wends had fucking nukes, yes

>Paganism had already been wiped out, as the inferior ideology
how do you quantify this? By it's ability to bully people into it with absolutism, or with philosophical meaning and background?

>btw, I know when you say pagan, what you really mean is not Jew.
i really mean Indo-European pantheons
>>
>>129215188
Judaism is younger than paganism by a few millennia, it was so influenced by proto-indo-european paganism, specifically Zoroastrianism long before it became Christianity and adopted pagan European traditions.
>>
>>129213842
You are thinking only of objective reality. What the gods represent are metaphysical realities and truths. These are truths that relate to the nature of human experience, and how to act in a way that is in accordance with nature. Science can't give you behavorial or philosophical truths, because these things exist only in the human mind as concepts. However, that doesn't make them less true that what can be proven with physical evidence.

>Interesting so no after life, are all stories of Valhalla fabrications?
Learn to read.

>Do your gods have personalities ?
Yes. They are meta-archetypes. For instance, Hercules is very strong and robust but also clumsy and gets himself into lots of trouble. Think of how many people like this you have met in your life. Hercules is all of them.

>Did you speak with them in visions or out of body experiences?
They act through you, and you can act to honor them, but you don't see them. They are forces embodied by archetypes.

>How do you know of the number of gods or if you go their names right?
Irrelevant. What matters is whether or not what the gods embody is understood, and if those things are in harmony with each other in a logical manner. The god is an aid to understanding how metaphysical forces interact with each other.

>Are they more human like (pop culture thor and zeus) or are they abstract forces (like magnetism)?
They are the embodiment of abstract forces. Just as you are when those forces act upon you.

>Ar their gods equally true or fake?
Yes.

>Are they different gods or the same ones under different names?
It depends on if those gods embody the same forces and truths.

>Can you use the power of different gods and start worshiping lets say Hindu gods like you do with Odin?
There is no need as long as there are equivalents within Norse paganism.
>>
>>129215364
oh I agree with that, I should've mentioned that I really just consider Catholicism and eastern Orthodoxy as Christianity
the root itself of Protestantism in its revolving around sola scriptura is a denial of the supra individual nature of Christianity or really any legitimate religion itself
putting the individual as the sole interpreter of the book is an indirect affirmation of the individualism and of humanism which led to the current state of the west
>>
>>129214629
>Lady Liberty is extremely close to a pagan goddess in practice, as she embodies that liberty and freedom that we readily sacrifice our youngest and best men and women for
Liberty and freedom are pagan god's at this point, fuck freedom and fuck liberty HEIL CHRIST
>>129214771
>>129215249
Think noble savage and not equal, when you see him more like someone like Common filth you understand his views on the germans, much like how CF admires how nigs hate fags Tacitucs admired certain traits about the Germans, but don't believe it was at all positive.

"One should not, however, think that Tacitus' portrayal of Germanic customs is entirely favorable; he notes a tendency in the Germanic people for what he saw as their habitual drunkenness, laziness, and barbarism, among other traits."
But either way every scholar and person that studied this period worth a fuck agrees HE NEVER MET A GERMAN AND NEVER WENT TO THE LANDS AND ALL OF THIS SHIT IS AT BEST SECOND HAND ACCOUNTS

>anthropology
Who knew I also worship the buddha because we both believe in vague metaphysical concepts and shit

>it's a compilation of information from people who did, so it's perfectly valid
>perfectly valid
Please never serve on a jury
>>
>>129215561
The only thing worth responding to, is the first comment. HAd Christianity not taken root in Europe, then yes, ISlam, would have swept the memory of Europe, into the sea...because they would have been fighting pagans with no centralized defense. And Pagans DID war over Gods...holy crap....they invented this.
Aren't gonna let the leaf cool kid tell yuou what to do? Kudos. Sick of normies telling everyone how to behave.
It is always the dumbest people too.
>>
>>129215364
>For example exorcism
in catholicism they have a whole ceremony and special words to say and act.
Protestants will quote over and over one like from the bible
>In Jesus name I cast out you demon
They can not adapt or move on, no new ceremonies only this one silly book.
And to make the whole thing even more absurd the ceremonies that are in the bible and are given instructions for are considerer to be obsolete
None of that is even remotely accurate
>>
>>129216163
>Think noble savage and not equal, when you see him more like someone like Common filth you understand his views on the germans, much like how CF admires how nigs hate fags Tacitucs admired certain traits about the Germans, but don't believe it was at all positive.
>"One should not, however, think that Tacitus' portrayal of Germanic customs is entirely favorable; he notes a tendency in the Germanic people for what he saw as their habitual drunkenness, laziness, and barbarism, among other traits."
i never claimed that, just that he wasn't hateful of the Germanics and had some positive things to say.
That's in stark contrast to your original statement. he had some ill things to speak of Romans as well.
>But either way every scholar and person that studied this period worth a fuck agrees HE NEVER MET A GERMAN AND NEVER WENT TO THE LANDS AND ALL OF THIS SHIT IS AT BEST SECOND HAND ACCOUNTS
>>anthropology
>Who knew I also worship the buddha because we both believe in vague metaphysical concepts and shit
that's a strawman if i ever saw one
>>it's a compilation of information from people who did, so it's perfectly valid
>>perfectly valid
>Please never serve on a jury
you may be shocked to learn tat everything in the Bible isn't a primary source
>>
>>129213842
>What about Christians is the Christian god true? Or is he something else?
From my limited understanding of Christianity, the Christian god appears to be a god of life, death, punishment, and wrath. He's sort of like the Fates or Norns combined with Hel/Hades/Pluto.

>How do you honor your gods?
By trying to embody the truths they represent as best I can, and better myself as a person. To become more god-like.

>Do you have ceremonies?
>How do you know what ceremonies to do and if they are right? (Do your gods literally talk to you?)
I don't currently engage in cermonies, but I may begin practising with others soon.

>What can be gained from the gods?
Understanding of the forces that manipulate us all, how to live in accordance with them, and become a better man.

>Can they grant powers D&D style or light manipulations of probability?
You can't bend them to your will if that's what you're asking.

>And finally how do you know your religion is true and not some fake self delusion?
You are using the wrong definition of truth. I know the things it represents are true because of human experience.
>>
>>129216374
>The only thing worth responding to, is the first comment. HAd Christianity not taken root in Europe, then yes, ISlam, would have swept the memory of Europe, into the sea...because they would have been fighting pagans with no centralized defense.
so an abrahamic religion takes over Europe? how unfortunate
jokes aside, i like Christianity much more than Islam, but it's not exactly a world of difference like the native religions were
>And Pagans DID war over Gods...holy crap....they invented this.
examples? and i mean Indo-Europeans in Europe. Giving a bull to Tiwaz or Mars isn't the same as a war of religion.
>>
>>129216374
what makes my second point not worth addressing? acting above it with no substance doesn't make you look smart.
>>
>>129213842
>Do your gods have personalities ?
Sure they do, with their own desires and feelings.
>Did you speak with them in visions or out of body experiences?
No, I know about them through the stories I make for my children.
How do you know of the number of gods or if you go their names right?
See above.
>What is the relationship between the gods?
That is up to the Gods. Myths only exists to inform praxis.
>Do you have ceremonies?
I participate in rituals at my Hearth on behalf of my family. Ancestors and house spirit generally come first.
>What can be gained from the gods?
Anything I suppose. One could petition for good health or a bountiful harvest. Or simply to treat with Gods to increase their Maegen.

Do not call upon Gods to often though. It is rude.
>>
>>129211005
ANOTHER THING, there are separate words in Greek and latin for offering and judgement. For execution and smiting and for a sacririce. Sacrifice means what any normie understand a sacrifice as which is favor and remission of sins. Judgement is simply getting rid of evil in your society, this is not the same thing as putting away God's wrath.
>>
>>129216999
If you don't know that European tribes warred with all the other tribes, over their Gods, then you need to do more research...and I am no longer trying to be a dick...I hear actual curiosity out of you.
The second question blowed, because the answer to the first question, answered the second.
I can prove it was a shitty ideology, that was doomed to lose, because it DID, and because our ancestors would have been totally destroyed continuing with paganism.
I like paganism, just like the truth more. btw...I see Christianity as pagan.
It is NOT a monotheistic religion, no matter how har they try to make it so.
Christianity has more in common with Odinism, than Judaism...this is INFINITELY provable.
>>
File: 1496987003417.jpg (46KB, 564x564px) Image search: [Google]
1496987003417.jpg
46KB, 564x564px
>>129203893
They are rolemodels and guidelines to live by and understand the world you cuck. They seem almost human, because they are manfestations of ideals
>>
>>129203893
I'm not a pagan, but i defend the cultural importance of them and practice a philosophy with pagan origins, so I'll answer but know that I'm not a *real* pagan
>1) Are your gods literally real? Or are they only pretend play stories?
they're stories and concepts that real or not, connect us to the very begin of our ethnicity as an entity, and later provide the background for beautiful and reasoned works of thought
>If its all pretend play why bother?
because like Shinto, you don't need to believe it to celebrate it for it's history and uniqueness.
>2) If they are real can you demonstrate them?
nah
depends, but in general IIRC it was a judgment on your life lived, may of the pantheons were a bit pantheistic, Mars was Tiw was Ares, if you see where I'm going
>How about the after life? What is the theology? Do you have anything?
you'll need to read on a specific variant
>3) The only thing I ever have seen from paganis are vague hippie level stupidities (prove me wrong and post something substantial) like:
>>its like the faith of our ancestors man
>And our ancestors did not have the internet or electricity.
see above
>So why adopt their believes about Odin and not their technological level?
>>Its like in your blood man
>More non-substantial crap see above.
see above
>4) Bonus round give your pagan positions on
>>Homosexuality
don't need anything supernatural to see it's a perversion
>>Abortion
a shame
>>Transgender
a perversion
>>
>>129216674
>i never claimed that, just that he wasn't hateful of the Germanics and had some positive things to say.
>That's in stark contrast to your original statement. he had some ill things to speak of Romans as well.
That's why the Common filth comparison works so well, tacitus hated Rome for it's decadence and depravity, and admired the idea of monogamous relationships and had respect for their ferocity in battle in a time where most of romes armies weren't romans
>that's a strawman if i ever saw one
My point is that just because religions form on the same continent from the same racial group it doesn't mean they are the same, there are similarities but there are also similarities in non European pagan cultures, hell it's theorized that Odin wasn't originally a Norse god and was instead a Scythian god, let's not forget the romans pertinacity to adopt non roman gods (mithras I'm looking at you) that one could argue might not have been 100% white.
>you may be shocked to learn tat everything in the Bible isn't a primary source
You may be shocked to learn that not everything in the bible happened, some of it are just stories with a message.
But you are correct some of the books in the bible were passed down orally, it got bad to the point where Christians got together to hash out what was bullshit and what was actually real, discarding several heretical books of the bible. Something you don't really see in other religions
>>
File: Screenshot_20170609-112209.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170609-112209.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
>>129203893
Paganism has God tier hats, and masks. Fashion is definitely top 3 religious fashions. That's the only reason I like it,
>>
>>129210639
>1
So we are in the "these are only fictional stories" camp right?
>Jesus
I don't think anyone even understood what Jesus was talking about. Even in the bible his apostles (who wrote the bible and maintained his religion) didn't have one idea what Jesus was all about see the scenes before Jesus is taken by the soldiers.

And all Jesus seamed was
>Are you ready for the kingdom of god?
>The kingdom of god is coming!
>Don't you know the kingdom of god is around the corner?

The space that is wasted for these adverts is astonishing and no one understood what this kingdom even is.
Zero communication skills Jesus was a simple mentally ill greedy cult leader.

Then there is literally a handful of one liners about things:
>Jesus' pacifism.
Is literally suicidal if practiced you can never hit back or have a army something conservatives ignore and don't really follow.

Shit I started talking about Christianity once more.

-----------------

Can you tell me these great lessons?
Why not use all myths from all religions?

And there is the fact that most Greek myths in pop culture are neo-pagan Disney level distortions.
Example the Trojan hose is a great story however its neo pagan AKA taking a old myth and distorting it into something else
Original myth
>No one was stupid enough to take the hours however oracle did get a vision that they need to accept it because the gods demand it so they did and got slaughtered.

The Greek gods are capricious bastards who will sometimes punish humans for no reason whatsoever or for the LULZ they ship ships and you sacrifice to them in hopes you can buy their favor and not get your ships destroyed if we are talking about Poseidon. Sometimes Poseidon sinks your ship even if you gave him sacrifice because he is a bastard.
>>
Not play stories. But real? Don't know. They're in there - maybe aspects of the unconscious or some shit. You can communicate with them. What their ontological status is is a mystery.

Not in any way that has public currency.
Ultimately? Who knows. Experientially? They didn't have the experience of communicating with the gods
Don't know
>What is the theology? Do you have anything?
Don't know.

>3) The only thing I ever have seen from paganis are vague hippie level stupidities (prove me wrong and post something substantial) like:
And our ancestors did not have the internet or electricity. So why adopt their believes about Odin and not their technological level?
I don't follow you question
It literally is.

>Homosexuality
Permissible but should be disprivileged. Useful in a shamanic context.
>Abortion
Child murder. Individual choice.
>Transgender
See homosexuality.
>>
File: Thor battles the giants.jpg (211KB, 800x1157px) Image search: [Google]
Thor battles the giants.jpg
211KB, 800x1157px
>>129203893
>Are your gods literally real?
I honestly don't know. I guess you could say I am polytheistic agnostic. If there is anything more to existence than this universe we observe and this life in it, I believe there would more likely be multiple "gods" as opposed to one.

No, of course not. Any pagan claiming to have magical ability is probably just a swindler. At best, he does too many drugs.

>(prove me wrong and post something substantial)
Some words from The Hávamál:

Not all sick men are utterly wretched:
Some are blessed with sons,
Some with friends,
some with riches,
Some with worthy works.

The halt can manage a horse,
the handless a flock,
The deaf be a doughty fighter,
To be blind is better than to burn on a pyre:
There is nothing the dead can do.

It is always better to be alive,
The living can keep a cow.
Fire, I saw, warming a wealthy man,
With a cold corpse at his door.

A son is a blessing, though born late
To a father no longer alive:
Stones would seldom stand by the highway
If sons did not set them there.

>give your pagan positions on
>Homosexuality
Who cares.
>Abortion
Women can always kill the baby inside them, no matter the law or the available doctors. There is no stopping them. Even if you made abortion a punishable crime for the woman, they can make it look like miscarriage. Reality bites sometimes.
>Transgender
Who cares.
>>
File: christian-patrol1.jpg (164KB, 448x637px) Image search: [Google]
christian-patrol1.jpg
164KB, 448x637px
>>129203893
I'm Catholic but...
So why should anyone ever believe in paganism?

Here are some questions:
1) Is your god literally real? Or is he only pretend a play story?

2) If He is real can you demonstrate Him?
What happens to people who did not believe in Him?
3) The only thing I ever have seen from Christians are vague hippie level stupidities (prove me wrong and post something substantial) like:
So why adopt their believes about God and not their technological level?

4) Bonus round give your Christian positions on
>Homosexuality

It goes both ways, people can believe in what they want, with the exception of violent sandcoons that are prone to spontaneous combustion, they need to be eradicated with extreme prejudice
>>
>>129217660
>If you don't know that European tribes warred with all the other tribes, over their Gods, then you need to do more research...and I am no longer trying to be a dick...I hear actual curiosity out of you.
firstly, I'm a /his/fag extraordinaire and that's why i ask you because my studies have shown me that they didn't have wars of purely religious nature.
secondly, thank you, I'd love to discuss
>I can prove it was a shitty ideology, that was doomed to lose, because it DID, and because our ancestors would have been totally destroyed continuing with paganism.
like Hinduism in the face of Islam? like Buddhism in Burma facing Islam?
i see it as an absolutist religion unafraid of killing to achieve it's aims and holding a theology that basically held a gun to a dissenter's head. not that it was particularly worthy in it's theology, only that it was strong in it's approach.
.It is NOT a monotheistic religion, no matter how har they try to make it so.
Christianity has more in common with Odinism, than Judaism...this is INFINITELY provable.
can you elaborate? the God of the New Testament is a trinitarian version of the YHWH of the Old Testament.
God as the Logos is the part i respect and why i think Christianity is leagues ahead of it's brothers, and that everything to do in SPITE of it's origins, not because of them which begs why it should be there at all.
>>
>>129217996
>weird-ass pre-Aryan folk beliefs
nifty, but not as cool as IE pantheons.
>>
>>129210639
>>129218217

Continued

Hercules for example was utterly hated by Hera, no not the neo-pagan stories the actual myths are about Hera actually giving Hercules madness and he killed his friends in this magic madness on multiple occasions and lamented afterworlds.
He was a tragic tortured character.
Hated by a goddess simply because of the way he was born.

>3.The pagans have accomplished a lot, see the Roman empire and Greek philosophy.

oh you don't want to go this way because Christians did a lot of things like invent modern medicine or science.

>4.
>Trans
Literally modern invention, impossible in history.
Sex reassignment surgeries don't grow on trees.

> they're going to exist in the world regardless of the main religion
So will thieves ,rapists and murderers and traitors and all criminals, do we also ignore them?
You line of reasoning looks terribly flawed.
>>
>>129203893
It sure smells like summer in here!

A general notice to all human beings on 4chan, schools out in the US!

brasse your self for influx of Summer kids!

Thank you for your attention. stay safe.
>>
>>129218607
misstyped
>It is NOT a monotheistic religion, no matter how har they try to make it so.
>Christianity has more in common with Odinism, than Judaism...this is INFINITELY provable.
can you elaborate? the God of the New Testament is a trinitarian version of the YHWH of the Old Testament.
God as the Logos is the part i respect and why i think Christianity is leagues ahead of it's brothers, and that everything to do in SPITE of it's origins, not because of them which begs why it should be there at all.
>>
>>129214432
>I love to see a explanation of what you understand under the word metaphysical and how you connect to it.
Metaphysical truths are truths that cannot be explained physically. Physical truths are mostly in the realm of fact. Metaphysical truths aren't numbers or statistics or measurements, but concepts and ways of being. Man is not a machine. He doesn't operate solely on cold, hard logic and mathematics. He has a soul, or, at the very least, a conscience. Metaphysical truths deal with laws of behavior that elevate or diminish the condition of one's experience of life. Just as an example, any normal person experiences feelings of guilt if they lie to a friend for their own selfish gain. Thus it is a metaphysical truth that lying diminishes your living experience and the condition of your conscience. Living an honest life, conversely, elevates your life experience and raises your mode of living.

>This explained a lot keep it up.
There are certain truths to romantic/sexual behavior. Homosexuality cannot produce life, therefore it can be nothing but self-indulgent and only engaged in for the sake of pleasure. This undermines the greater function of sex, perverting it from a way to bring life into the world to a mere indulgence. The anus also isn't made for sex, so it is a misuse of the physical body as well. That said, pleasure is an inseparable component of sex, but it is a component, not a whole. And by removing the other component entirely, you are acting against natural truths.
>>
>>129218557
>I'm a pagan worshiper but I don't realize it.
>>
>>129218818
>oh you don't want to go this way because Christians did a lot of things like invent modern medicine or science.
not him, but this would have almost certainly happened regardless of the dominant religion, Greco-Roman pagans didn't exactly stall science.
>>
>>129218933
>Homosexuality cannot produce life, therefore it can be nothing but self-indulgent and only engaged in for the sake of pleasure.
Come on now straight people like to get it on without making babies too. The natural truth of a man's erection will guide him where it will. If it guides him to other men I say who cares? It's his business.
>>
>>129218391
>Stones would seldom stand by the highway
If sons did not set them there.

Oh.....
>>
>>129217672
>forgive me, my friend, not for what I have done, but for what I am about to do
>>
>>129219138
Straight sex always has the potential to produce life. Homosexual sex never has the potential to produce life. It is reducing a whole to a part of the whole. There is nothing wrong with the part itself when it is a part of the whole, but that part is not a whole in itself.
>>
>>129218907
Your holy trinity comes from the druids. It was a way to make the local populace accapt Christianity faster.
>>
>>129218391
>Thor
>blonde
>no copper read beard

shiggy
>>
>>129203893
Pagans are the ultimate cucks. Paganism has been dead for centuries and the "neo pagans" are basically just LARPers. The actual theology of pagan religions is long gone and all that's left is the mythology and stories, which is not enough to learn how to practice a religion from.
>honoring muh ancestors
Your ancestors converted to Christianity. They were perfectly happy with Christianity for many centuries, but for some reason you need to be a special little snowflakes and Christianity isn't good enough for you.
>>
I just wanted to share this, even though it is something I don't believe personally. I was born Jewish, and therefore have to tell you all, that the Talmud, says that Jesus was the bastard son of Roman Centurion, named Pandera, or PAntera. The Talmud refers to Jesus, as Yeshua bin Pandera. So all of you saying you know for sure, Jesus wasn't white....you might be wrong.
>>129218607
Nobody fights over PURELY theistic reasons...that is always a lie....I think this might be your in-group bias, on this one. Most Gods, were just constructs, to help the tribe survive etc.
The trinity is a lie bro. Not in the Bible...catholics made it up.
Jesus, identifies Judaism as the enemmy of Christianity, he is the warrior prophesied to destroy his enemies, and he carries a hammer.
God, is the God of War, the Father, he God of many masks....Odin.
The New Testament actually sys there is no such thing as Jewish, that the Antichrist will be a JEw...etc,etc, etc, Most of what you know of the Bible, is likely a lie.
>>
>>129219403
>Your holy trinity comes from the druids
are we talking about the Galatians then? Very interesting theory desu.
>>
File: Odin.jpg (350KB, 827x1114px) Image search: [Google]
Odin.jpg
350KB, 827x1114px
>>129219388
>Straight sex always has the potential to produce life.
Not really.

Regardless, I just don't see how other people's sex lives concern you.

>>129219195
Here, have another of my favourite parts in The Hávamál:

Never reproach another for his love:
It happens often enough
That beauty ensnares with desire the wise
While the foolish remain unmoved.

Never reproach the plight of another,
For it happens to many men:
Strong desire may stupefy heroes,
Dull the wits of the wise

The mind alone knows what is near the heart,
Each is his own judge:
The worst sickness for a wise man
Is to crave what he cannot enjoy.

>>129219420
It's hard to find the good ones.
>>
>>129219474
>Your ancestors converted to Christianity
You mean the Roman empire forced the worship of a Semitic blood god upon my ancestors and destroyed the holy places of the gods
>>
>>129211774
>But in all seriousness sacrificing people is wrong, period
And this is what I feel from the pagans bunch of left wing pussies who guide themselves on modern morality from their culture.

>Pro-gay
>Pro-Trans
>Pro-animal-rights
>Jo guys sacrificing people is bad

Why? Can you prove this.
And yes you can find Christians who don't accept the bible
>No-Stoning witches
>No-torturing of heretics

However like Dawkins pointed out torturing people until they accept Christianity is the only real and logical conclusion if Christianity is true.

Christians follow mostly wordy morality and don't take their faith seriously.
>>
>>129219539
>Nobody fights over PURELY theistic reasons...that is always a lie....I think this might be your in-group bias, on this one. Most Gods, were just constructs, to help the tribe survive etc.
I'm aware of that, but while the Thirty Year's War was a fight against Hapsburg, it was also a theological war, no doubt about it.
The Northern Crusades extending papal influence over all Europe.
and so on, which leads me too...
>...etc,etc, etc, Most of what you know of the Bible, is likely a lie.
so if it's a rip-off with a foreign justification, why should i bother and not just get the original?
>>
>>129212223
Snorri was a Christcuck and failed to interpret the Norse mythology without justifying it alongside/comparing it to Christianity. Everything he wrote has a bias from the perspective of his own beliefs. Every other version of the Eddas is interpreted from Snorri's version so there is no clear, objective record. I'm not defending Paganism, but your opinion based off some faggot's inability to be objective is not convincing anyone
>>
>>129219616
>Regardless, I just don't see how other people's sex lives concern you.
I was talking about the act itself, not the lives of other people. Engaging in sexual perversions can lead many to their ruin, like sodomites who get killed trying to let horses fuck them, or like homosexuals who become so perverse they fetishize getting HIV. Sexual perversions diminish your living experience, so one should keep them in check. The sexual behaviors of others only concern me in so much that I pity them if they are possessed by lust, otherwise I only speak of these things to share this truth with others.
>>
>>129219420
bingo, Thunraz was "red-haired thunder"

a ginger
>>
File: cultural christianity short2.png (678KB, 1000x783px) Image search: [Google]
cultural christianity short2.png
678KB, 1000x783px
>>129212182
Ding ding ding!
I can not agree more.
>"turn the other cheek" and "love thy neighbor as you would love thyself"

This is poisonous doctrine and I suspect leftism is the outgrow of these believes.
Christianity created the SJW they are the ultimate in accepting the other and not giving to shits about their tribe.

I must ask are you a pagan or a atheist or something else?
>>
>>129218607
The God of the OT is SATAN, he God of NT, is GOD.
The NEw Testament, more than anything says that God, does not promise rewards in this life, and that there is ONLY one being who promises earthly rewards...that is Satan.
Th Old Testament, more than anything else, promises Jews, earthly rewards....most people do not know wtf they are looking at, I'm telling you.
>>129220027
Because one ends with us all dying, and the other with eternal life? That's the best answer I got. It keeps us safe, regardless of truth.
It is a literal right-wing for dummies handbook, even better than Odinism at destroying our enemies, and exposing the JQ.
It is an updated version, of what our ancestors already knew...this was why it was so easy to convert tham. Pagans speak of honoring ancestors...well they all converted.
>>
File: 1496373707865.jpg (48KB, 640x575px) Image search: [Google]
1496373707865.jpg
48KB, 640x575px
>>129219988
Who the fuck said I was a pagan, I'm getting into arguments with them
I like any sane person hate's the idea of literally sacrificing people to some demonic entity
>pro fag
leviticus says otherwise
>pro animal
God gave us this planet with all it's shit for us to use
>However like Dawkins pointed out torturing people until they accept Christianity is the only real and logical conclusion if Christianity is true.
Agreed
>Christians follow mostly wordy morality and don't take their faith seriously.
Shame really
>>
>>129220387
>Sexual perversions diminish your living experience
I'm not convinced of this. I say freaks should be freaks - naturally they should also be ready to defend themselves if they are being freaky in public, since the "normies" can get upset.
>>
>>129218607
The trinity is present in the old testament
>>
>>129218722
pantheon fashion is laughable at best, come on Anon
Indian feather hats are #1
>>
>>129220813
No, it isn't.
>>
>>129220521
Agnostic becoming more pagan by the day.

>>129220674
How can sexual perversions raise one's living experience, other than short bursts of hedonistic pleasure?
>>
>>129220898
>he's never put an orgasm curse on a woman to court her the next day
It really works Anon, I got my wife like that
>>
>>129220898
I think a sexual relationship with another person you respect and whose company you enjoy can be very fulfilling in your life regardless of the potential for reproduction. Would you really turn down a shot at the dream life with your 10/10 if you found out she was infertile?
>>
>>129212223
>and "Pagans" are faggots who eat each other's sperm
Fun fact the satanic bible (modern invention) dose not require animal sacrifice not only this it tells you to not do it!
You know how Satanic rituals look? They masturbate and name it sacrifice, all in the Satanic Bible.
>>
>>129220639
>The God of the OT is SATAN, he God of NT, is GOD.
>The NEw Testament, more than anything says that God, does not promise rewards in this life, and that there is ONLY one being who promises earthly rewards...that is Satan.
>Th Old Testament, more than anything else, promises Jews, earthly rewards....most people do not know wtf they are looking at, I'm telling you.
desu kin, i feel what you're getting at, but also recognize this is not mainstream christianity
if it were all as you said it was, it'd be great-tier

>Because one ends with us all dying, and the other with eternal life?
but i have to first accept this as true
That's the best answer I got. It keeps us safe, regardless of truth.
noble
>It is a literal right-wing for dummies handbook, even better than Odinism at destroying our enemies, and exposing the JQ.
this wasn't something invested by Christianity though, Romans thought Jews were shit many a time, and Stoicism is right-wing as fuck
>It is an updated version, of what our ancestors already knew...this was why it was so easy to convert tham. Pagans speak of honoring ancestors...well they all converted.
which is why Christianity is leagues ahead of it's brothers, but i might as well have a Sol Invictus alongside Stoicism to arrive exactly where you are, but without the foreign influence.
>>
>>129220813
lol no
>>
File: roman cav mask.jpg (198KB, 800x1067px) Image search: [Google]
roman cav mask.jpg
198KB, 800x1067px
>>129220834
wrong
>>
>>129221187
Bonding and expressing romantic love is another pillar of sex, another part of the whole I was talking about that I neglected to point out. If you are having sex with pleasure to express romantic love, you aren't having sex for the sole purpose of physical pleasure and self-indulgence. That makes homosexuality a bit more grey if you believe two members of the same sex can love each other romantically, but I don't see the love two men or two women share as the same force that acts on a man and woman in love. Male/male love is something like brotherly or familial love, the way you may love your best friend, and I have seen no evidence to suggest it is equivalent to male/female love. Adding sexual pleasure into the mix still seems indulgent to me.
>>
>>129221713
>That makes homosexuality a bit more grey if you believe two members of the same sex can love each other romantically, but I don't see the love two men or two women share as the same force that acts on a man and woman in love
Maybe that's just because you're straight??
>>
>>129221198
Another fun fact: Satan, and the Jews, go together like PB&J...literally when it comes to Satan/Jews...it is the chicken and the egg.
Satanists are retards, following the God of JEws, so are pagans. This is why you share so many symbols.
Paganism is the religion the JEws gave you morons, not Christianity.
Jews wanted Europe to remain pagan, until they lost control, then they warped it into a new means of control...by lying about the whole thing.
>>129221442
Christians being idiots has nothing to do with Christianity.
And what foreign influences? You are looking so far back that ALL religions countres are foreign now.
You mean you only want a religion invented by people you perceive to be the same as you, whether true or not. Sounds pretty Jewy to me.
>>
>>129221811
Maybe that's because I have seen no science to suggest that homosexuals experience the same sort of pair-bonding that heterosexuals do.
>>
>>129221920
Do you really believe there is any hard science to measure romantic bonding?
>>
>>129220339
Both of those texts say clearly that Thor came from Troy (similar to the story of Aenus, The Aenid). He is identified with Hector. I did not mention Christianity myself, and I am aware of Snorri's outlook - however, Waddell (British Eddas) only mentions the Bible (well, the Old Testament anyways) as a later invention of earlier legends.
>>
>>129222045
Yes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Widowhood_effect
>>
>>129222229
I don't see the relevance of this article to the idea of scientifically measuring whether or not homos love each other like heteros do...
>>
>>129212859
>same way as Christians or muslims do.
This is where a lot of people say they are LARPing if the gods are not real for example Christians worry a lot about if they go to heaven or hell.
A lot of Christians practice oral Christianity and ignore what the bible is saying or find idiotic ways to make some old non canon OT passage justify their standpoint.

However they(conservative Christians) practice what their fathers did and think in this believe system mostly for real however you get some of them not following some ideas (torture everyone until they start worshiping your brand of Christianity).

I have seen someone accusing Christians of LARPing, now this is no true for conservative Christians if they say
>>129212325
>larping as crusaders posting "inshallah" and "Allah Akbar" in Latin

I'm practically absolutely convinced that modern military conservative Christians have no problem identifying with crusaders who fought Muslims in the past.
And I'm completely convinced they would love to kill some Muslims in a army making them the modern equivalent of a crusader, how is this LARPIng?
>>
>>129222433
Pair-bonding creates physiological changes in men and women, this is just one example of that. I have not seen any evidence that homosexuals undergo these changes to the same degree.
>>
taking paganism literally is retarded.

It's just a way to give names to divine archetypes and the divine aspect of nature.

Christianity has become the blind leading the blind. Its devolving into bible worship rather than faith in Christ, the savior god, one of the divine archetypes. (savior gods who die and then return to save the world are all over pagan faiths)

they both ought to be treated as a fashion sense rather than any sort of truth.

Philosophy is the only true answer.
>>
>>129222620
Furthermore, homosexuals have many more sexual partners throughout their lifetime than heterosexuals do, which would seem to suggest they don't bond with their partners in the same way.
>>
>>129212859
>Religion isn't about proofing existence of a deity.
Then by definition its fake and about nothing.

Even Christians try to prove god on philosophical grounds.

If the definition of religion is
>Accept this with no evidence whatsoever
Why even bother with this?

>I don't understand your reasoning. What has technology do with traditions.
Technology changed why not tradition if pagans accept they are only doing some pretend play and their gods are fake why not invent new traditions?
>>
>>129222620
I don't see why you would require evidence of physiological changes to see that gay couples are just as googly-eyed for each other as straight couples

I have never seen any studies on the matter but I hypothesihe that if there are physiological changes triggered by homosexual coupling they are different from those triggered in heterosexual intercourse due to the very different hormonal balance

>>129223010
Merely a stereotype. Sluts exist of both sexualities.
>>
>>129223055
>why not invent new traditions
Some of us are. New mythos and rituals. Using Indo European comparative religion as a base.
>>
>>129221882
>Satanists are retards, following the God of JEws, so are pagans. This is why you share so many symbols.
lol wut

>Christians being idiots has nothing to do with Christianity.
sure ok
>And what foreign influences? You are looking so far back that ALL religions countres are foreign now.
there's a line to be crossed, you don't have to be totally absolutist.
>You mean you only want a religion invented by people you perceive to be the same as you, whether true or not. Sounds pretty Jewy to me.
nationalism is the opposite of Jewery.
>>
File: Mind.jpg (30KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Mind.jpg
30KB, 300x300px
*blocks your path*
>>
>>129203893
1. No, they are archetypes of important aspects of life. Their stories are bases on these archetypes and tell us more about the aspects.

2. Love, war, wisdom etc. are always around us.

3. I would fuckin love too. Currently saving money to do so. If it weren't for laws I would have already done it.

4. First off i do not give a flying fuck about what anybody else does with his or her body, it simply isn't up to me.
Homosexuality occurs in multiple species in this world. Therefor to me it's okay if someone pursues a gay relationship.
Abortion is murdering your own kin. Accept responsibility or kill yourself too.
Transgenderism is denying the way you were born therefor unacceptable.
>>
>>129215996
>but you don't see them
So is it like a feeling you get or something?

>Yes.
Wait so is this Yes they are fake or Yes they are true?
>>
>>129223181
>I don't see why you would require evidence of physiological changes to see that gay couples are just as googly-eyed for each other as straight couples
Because strength of pair-bonding can be measured by measuring its physiological effects, and if those effects are diminished or absent, it would suggest that homosexuals do not experience the same type of romantic love?

>I have never seen any studies on the matter but I hypothesihe that if there are physiological changes triggered by homosexual coupling they are different from those triggered in heterosexual intercourse due to the very different hormonal balance
That may have something to do with it, but that would also suggest that heterosexual and homosexual relationships are not 1:1, no?

>Merely a stereotype. Sluts exist of both sexualities.
It is a statistical fact that gay men are the most promiscuous group of people on Earth. Look into it.
>>
>>129203893
All those same questions could be asked about Christians.
>>
>>129224088
You can feel brave, or scared, or confident, or lustful, or guilty, or manic, etc. etc. These are all forces embodied by the gods. So in that way I guess it is a "feeling", but it isn't the "god" that you're feeling, as in the presence of the mythological humanoid embodiment of those forces.

>Wait so is this Yes they are fake or Yes they are true?
It depends on how you definie fake and true. If you are defining them purely as objective, physically provable truth, you could say they are fake. But as I have tried to explain, you cannot fully prove metaphysical truths through physical phenomena.
>>
>>129224158
You are attempting to delegitimize people's loving, monogamous gay relationships on the basis of your stereotypes about gay people and on the theory that physiological changes present in heterosexuals srelationships could be absent or lesser in gay relationships - which for all you know, the opposite could be true, as you said there is no study on it. But you just decided to go with what suited your preconceptions about gay relationships, because gay people are icky, right? Even the theory that gay people's physiological changes in pair-bonding might be different is immediately interpreted by you as evidence that gay people are inferior and their love is not true, pure love. It feels like I'm talking to a Christian tbqh.
>>
>>129223471
I thought you were intelligent for a minute...you tricked me.
Judaism is the opposite nationalism...hahahahahahahah
I am a nationalist, and a JEw, and I can see how big of a joke this is.
The God of Judaism, was/is the ORIGINAL drawer of borders, and defender of sovereignty...before they turned to Satanism.
You just go ahead trying to BE the Jews, while claiming to hate them, and not see how you are just a hater...it's been working out great for everyone so far.
Surely this time will be different...........................................................................................................
>>
File: 00maxresdefault.jpg (110KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
00maxresdefault.jpg
110KB, 1280x720px
>>129216557
>None of that is even remotely accurate
I have seen protestants repeat one line over and over and think they are getting some magic from it.
Can oyu provide some traditional protestants who use something else then this:
>in Jesus name I cast this demon out
or
>Jesus you promised we have the power to cast out demons to I do
Or something derived from this one quote?

Also you might point me to the protestant demonology center where new exorcism formulas are developed to combat demons more effective.

On the other hand Catholics have priests who are doctors and "develop" new exorcisms to fight demons better.
(involves miracles and analyzing miracles and visions from the saints) or take a look at the catholic process of declaring saints they make a whole investigation if a miracle occurred and all the jazz.
>>
>>129224752
You are projecting quite hard here. I'm merely making the assertion that the love that acts on homosexuals and the love that acts on heterosexuals may not be the same source, as I have not seen evidence demonstrating the physiological effects of heterosexual pair-bonding in homosexual couples. The only one using words like "inferior" is you. I'm merely hypothesizing that they differ and are not equivalents, just as the love between two friends is not equivalent, or the love between mother and child is not equivalent. That doesn't make them inferior, it makes them different.
>>
>>129225161
I'm not using using words like "inferior" for nothing. Just earlier you were saying a homosexual relationship is self-indulgence. It really seemed like you didnt believe gay people had loving relationships at all.
>>
>>129210082
this, Catholicism is pretty much a syncretised version of Paganism and christianity, also I don't have any reason to worship some snownigger gods my ancestors are iberian if anything I would have an altar to Epona
>>
>>129214952
Isn't he gay?
>>
>>129225699
>my ancestors are iberian
kek yeah about 5% iberian and about 95% americoid right?
>>
>>129203893 hello Asatruar here I'll answer your questions as best I can.

>So why should anyone ever believe in paganism?
If you are white or something other then abrahamic then you have the Gods of your ancestors and of your people.
>
>Here are some questions:
Yes they are real
>
>If its all pretend play why bother?
>
If you look around you you see water, trees, lightning you hear the thunder. Odin gave his eye to drink from the well of knowledge and gave that knowledge to the free men and women that Heimdal created.

Nothing they accepted that there were other gods

9 worlds the highest honor being accepted into Odins hall where you eat drink fuck and fight till the end of the day and start over the next the worst being Helhiem where there is literaly nothing to do for eternity
>
>>its like the faith of our ancestors man
Those are the Wiccatru faggots NOBODY likes them our ancestors believed in technological advancements in its fullest
>>
>>129203893
(1) The Jews call themselves Jews and do their hannukhahn ritual and most of them are fucking atheists. It's about staying in touch with your roots.

(2) They aren't real. Most ancients didn't even believe they were literally real. The stories spoke to a deeper truth about humanity. See J.P.

(3) You don't "adopt their beliefs about Odin." You use them as a way of staying in touch with your heritage and feeling as part of something greater and older than yourself. It's also a good way to inculcate the proper values in your children (the same way nominal Christians use Christmas but, you know, not for a fucking cucked religion).

(4) Homosexuality - Depends on the Paganism. Are you Greco-Roman? Go for it, just don't be a bottom. Where do you find a bottom in a world without bottoms? It's a secret. Lots of Greeks were fine with fags and they made sure the fags were still masculine warriors and most Spartans were bisexual (read: fags) so I think to them it would be an issue of "no feminine fags allowed." Most of the northern Pagan faiths probably frown on it, though they think of male bonding, including nudity, as necessary while not being homosexual.

Abortion - Depends on the Paganism. Latins had birth-control/abortion teas that they used without compunction (to the point of driving the plant they used to extinction). Spartans would do late-term abortions (aka - the baby is already born and you leave it to die of exposure). I don't know if the Norse/Germans had the privilege of abortions, but they would probably frown on it given their obsession with death and the after life. Then again, they might not think that a baby is cognizant enough to count as fully human yet.

Transgender - No. They'd be super against it. If you wanted to show how fucked up and depraved a Roman emperor was (even in pre-Christian times) you'd spread a rumor he'd forcibly castrated a young boy and started dressing him as a woman. It was a big
Fucking no-no.
>>
>>129225585
I was saying sex for the sole purpose of pleasure, and sexual perversions, are nothing more than self-indulgence. You brought up heterosexual sex with love between people who are infertile, which puts homosexuality in more of a gray area. I suspect that homosexual love and heterosexual love are not equivalent, however, because I have seen no evidence to suggest homosexuals experience the same physiological effects that it has been demonstrated heterosexual couples do. This, combined with the fact that homosexuals are much more promiscuous on average than heterosexuals, would seem to suggest they do not experience the same type of hard-wired, evolutionarily influenced pair-bonding men and women do. That would put homosexual love somewhere outside of what we understand romantic heterosexual love as. I compare it with love between friends or between brothers because these are other observable types of male/male love. If that is correct, and homosexual love is more comparable to other observable types of male/male love, the role of sex in that relationship and our understanding of it may differ.

For example, among the other observable types of male/male love, would you put sex in those relationships in the same context as sex between a man and woman who are in love? Is sex between two brothers equivalent to sex between man and wife? Is sex between two male friends the same as between man and wife? Why or why not?
>>
>>129219474
In the Saxons case, it was forced on them and Charlemagne killed tons of Saxons who disobeyed. A bunch also stayed secretly pagan until the mid-to-late 1300s.

Christianity was okay back when it had a backbone, but since Protestantism is now the modern cancer of the Western world and Catholcucks are run by an actual communist SJW, there's not much hope for it as an institution. You can believe in God, but don't ever believe some guy in a big building with a multi-million dollar sound system is going to save our civilization.

Paganism is religious LARPing, it's not true, but at least they're attempting to reassert their Europeanness. Something Christians completely disavow these days at their own peril.
>>
File: StoneDick1.jpg (7KB, 232x300px) Image search: [Google]
StoneDick1.jpg
7KB, 232x300px
>>129225699
Catholicism, is essentially the Talmudic beliefs of Christianity. Catholicism is to Christ, what Talmud is to Judaism.
Hilarious too, that they don't see it.
Compared to the Old Testament, the NT reads like a newspaper; this happened, then this, Jesus said/did this.
No trinity in the Bible....it is all an effort to pretend Christianity is monotheistic...it is not.
Jesus NEVER claimed to be God, Never mentioned a trinity...etc.
The whole point of the NT, was for things to be clear.
Besides, Satan is divine, so are angels.
Catholicism can try all they want, but you CANNOT turn God, Jesus, Satan, HOSTS of Angels, etc, etc, etc, into a single divine being.
CHRISTIANITY IS NOT MONOTHEISTIC!!
The only monotheistic religions, are Freemasonry, and Atenism.
They are making everyone believe what they do.
Even the big bang theory, s just the Great Architect, who spoke the word Aum, making the universe spring into being.
That is the Word Jordan Peterson refers to all the time, ignorantly.
He does not really know wtf he is talking about.
>>
>>129226340
I think you are making this much more complicated than it needs to be.

Romantic love (in a straight couple or a gay couple) is romantic love

Meaningless sex (straight or gay) is meaningless sex

Friendships and sibling relationships should not include any of the above
>>
>>129214771

m8 Tacitus was just completely blackpilled on civilization.

he wanted to foster a return to traditional values so he held up the germans as noble savages, to urge the romans to turn away from their degeneracy

and the germans were also described as ignorant, drunk, gambling away everything, lazy,...

the germania is above all propaganda, not so much a historical work
>>
>>129226897
>the germania is above all propaganda, not so much a historical work
wishful thinking
>>
>>129219616

>Never reproach another for his love
>Regardless, I just don't see how other people's sex lives concern you.

fag enabler.

>b-but it doesn't effect you!
>>
>>129226752
>Romantic love (in a straight couple or a gay couple) is romantic love
How do we define romantic love? What is our standard to judge it by? Is it love between man and wife? If so, and homosexuals don't experience the same type of pair-bonding, would you then say homosexuals don't experience romantic love?

>Meaningless sex (straight or gay) is meaningless sex

>Friendships and sibling relationships should not include any of the above
So you are against all sex without romantic love?
>>
>>129203893
>So why should anyone ever believe in paganism?
Because it's the only true religion. However, you can not force one to believe. Gods will show you their wisdom if you are chosen or they will not.

>1) Are your gods literally real?
Yes.

Just look at the world around you - their creation and it's plain to see.

That's between them and the Gods.

There is afterlife if Gods wills it. All you can do is live your life pleasing the Gods and hope for the best.

>3) The only thing I ever have seen from paganis are vague hippie level stupidities
There are different versions of Paganism as there are of Christianity or any other religion. There is not book for you to follow, because the traditions are not written down.

I don't understand your logic there.

>Homosexuality
Allowed, not encouraged

>Abortion
Only with if Gods give Their permission to it.

>Transgender
Allowed, but not encouraged. There are some who say gods and traditions have transgender lore, and personally I think you need to follow your spirit on the matter.
>>
>>129227240
Enjoy having a stick up your ass about guys who like stick up the ass

>>129227252
>How do we define romantic love?
I would define it as the devotion between two people in a monogamous sexual relationship...

>So you are against all sex without romantic love?
For my own sex life yes, I guess I ought to clarify that I don't care if other people are having meaningless sex
>>
>>129227240
Gay parades are Marxist agitprop. It's the same as Sharia beheadings and terrorism, except the Jewish version of it. It's their way of saying "We've conquered you. Look what we've made your own citizens do. We've poisoned your society and you can't do anything to stop it."

I don't generally care if people want to screw their own gender. I only care when they try to rub my face in it. I regard it with the same level of annoyance as black people talking in a movie theater.
>>
>>129224997
>Multiculturalism and Globalism for everyone else, nationalism and sovereignty for Israel
Holy shit mate this is Conspiring Merchant 101
>>
>>129227635
>I would define it as the devotion between two people in a monogamous sexual relationship...
How, then, can you be against incest, when incestuous marriages and love are extensively documented throughout history?

>For my own sex life yes, I guess I ought to clarify that I don't care if other people are having meaningless sex
If you have no objection to that behavior in others, why object to it in yourself? Is your objection to he behavior, would you not object to it in others as well? I don't mean forcing your values onto others, but simply thinking it is unfortunate when you see others engaging in a behavior you disapprove of.
>>
>my made-up god is more real than your made-up gods
ok
>>
>>129228056
And that is different than what whites have done how?
Just admit it, you want to be the fucking Jews...all while pretending otherwise.
Just admit it.
btw...ationalism often turns on other peoples, or nations, even itself, ifyou are not careful.
Why are all Jews guilty, but not all whites?
Riddle me this, riddle me that.
You always got a lot of shit to say, but I note when you are proven wrong, you switch to new subject, without ever noting that you are wrong 99% of the time.
Are you a liberal? This feels like a argument w/ a lib.
>>
>>129228142
I really don't know how to feel about incest. Even if they're consenting adults, if they are a male and a female they risk creating inbred babies with a high risk of disability. And all historical examples of incestuous marriage that I know of were just desperate political moves by noble families trying to hold onto power. So even though I believe strongly in the right of individuals to pursue their own sex lives with other consenting adults... I'd say incest needs to be an exception. The "consent" in such relationships is often highly questionable anyhow, family can be a huge pressure.

>If you have no objection to that behavior in others, why object to it in yourself?
I simply desire something more stable and don't want to judge others or look down on them if they prefer to "play the field"
>>
>>129228830
There are many examples of incestuous relationships between people who claimed to love each other, regardless of family pressures. Look into more history. What would you say to those relationships? If your criteria for the "legitimacy", so to speak, of homosexual relationships is an experience of romantic love, how, then, can incestuous relationships be illegitmate if they meet those same criteria?

>I simply desire something more stable and don't want to judge others or look down on them if they prefer to "play the field"
So you will silently abide by your own morals, but let the world around you devolve into one absent of them, simply because you don't want to be judgmental? And you compared ME to a Chrsitian?
>>
>>129229334
>What would you say to those relationships?
If they are genuinely partners who chose each other despite the blood relation, and it's not a case of one person manipulating a vulnerable younger family member for his or her own gratification (as is usually the case with incest, from what I know) ... if it were the former though, I could not really call my values consistent if I did not support their right to do their thing. Like I said before let the freaks be freaks.

>So you will silently abide by your own morals, but let the world around you devolve into one absent of them, simply because you don't want to be judgmental? And you compared ME to a Chrsitian?
Hah. That's fair I guess. I believe in people minding their own business, that's all.
>>
>>129216715
>Can they grant powers D&D style or light manipulations of probability?
You can't bend them to your will if that's what you're asking.
You need to elaborate on this.

D&D style = I make a pact/whatever with a god I literally can now cast lightning or fireballs from my hands if I did a ritual every morning up to a maximum.

I would literally be capable of attack my enemies with fire on the streets that are seemingly coming out of nowhere.

https://youtu.be/nNVw30gcmDE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQRNpaTY4X4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzyA1txHuAI

if anything worked like the D&D gods theology would never be the same.
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0007.html
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0040.html
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0041.html
>>
>>129229880
So we have determined that romantic love is your gold standard for the legitmacy of sex, and you have no objection to incestuous relationships under that criteria. We have also determined that your defintion of romantic love is "the devotion between two people in a monogamous sexual relationship". Interesting. Under these criteria, how would you respond to a relationship between a 40 year old man and a 9 year old girl, if the 9 year old girl claims she loves the man romantically, and they are devoted to each other?

>I believe in people minding their own business, that's all.
A population of people just minding their own business is begging to be dominated by a population of people willing to defend their morals. Islam taking advantage of modern Europe's nihilistic atheism ought to prove you that.
>>
File: 600_460985167.jpg (84KB, 600x470px) Image search: [Google]
600_460985167.jpg
84KB, 600x470px
MAKE WAY XTIANS FOR THE REAL EUROPEANS!!!!
>>
File: Beltane Festival.png (1MB, 798x781px) Image search: [Google]
Beltane Festival.png
1MB, 798x781px
WE
>>
>>129229931
I think you've been playing too many video games. No, that isn't how paganism works.
>>
File: Black Pagan 2.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
Black Pagan 2.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
WUZ
>>
I "identify" with the pagan label. I believe the Gods were given names and personalities to help people recognise them as forces of nature and aspects of human personalities and ideal characteristics. Odin, be wise in your actions. Thor, be strong and wroth when in the right. Tyr, sacrifice may be necessary to secure victory or at least minimise losses.

The stories and poems are allegories for funerary rites and the passing of the seasons. For example Balders death is an allegory for the end of summer. Havamal contains some good advice for anyone living in uncertain times in semi-hostile enviroments.

I don't believe stories were meant to be taken literally, they were always just stories meant to educate and entertain. No one seriously believes that Thor rode in a chariot across the sky, just as noone believes that Noah had two of every animal on his ship as the whole world was covered in water.
>>
File: Black Pagan 3.png (726KB, 915x561px) Image search: [Google]
Black Pagan 3.png
726KB, 915x561px
VIKAAAAAAANGZZZZZ
>>
File: Typical Pagan Woman.jpg (65KB, 766x511px) Image search: [Google]
Typical Pagan Woman.jpg
65KB, 766x511px
"Hello everyone welcome to this year's Pagan Pride Festival/Parade! Hope you're all excited!!"

lol
>>
>>129230495
>Oh boy here we go with the pedophile stuff
I would respond by saying that the 9 year old girl is clearly being manipulated and abused by a 40 year old pervert who needs to be shot. It's the same reason I was so reluctant to allow for consensual incest, it's usually this kind of shit that obviously requires a harsh response.

>A population of people just minding their own business is begging to be dominated by a population of people willing to defend their morals. Islam taking advantage of modern Europe's nihilistic atheism ought to prove you that.
Interesting example. What would you propose European people to be less apathetic about the rise of Islam in Europe's demographics and of course terrorism?
>>
File: Fertility Festival.png (943KB, 672x880px) Image search: [Google]
Fertility Festival.png
943KB, 672x880px
WE'RE HERE
MJOLNIR
GET USED TO IT!!!
>>
>>129231090
European people do to be less*
>>
>>129203893
i have a question ok if the ancient Hebrew weren't white why was king david A ginger?
>>
>>129231090
Let's put the emotionally charged language aside. How is this situation different, if both parties are still claiming to be in romantic love with one another?

>Interesting example. What would you propose European people to be less apathetic about the rise of Islam in Europe's demographics and of course terrorism?
Embracing their old morals and living in a way that would do the gods proud, instead of alternating between cowering in fear, virtue-signaling, and getting so drunk/high they aren't thinking about the collapse anymore. A return to paganism would be ideal, with men and women wotrking to embody the old gods as best they can, but even a Christianity that has a backbone would likely suffice.
>>
>>129231468
>How is this situation different
Well, there's the prepubescent child, for one thing. Are you just being deliberately obtuse?

>getting so drunk/high they aren't thinking about the collapse anymore
This is the only solution though t b h

>A return to paganism would be ideal
I agree but let's be realistic, what would you have them do that you think is plausible?
>>
>>129230680
Yet its how my cell phone works.

I can demonstrate that I can communicate with it to others is some primitive, think enlightenment sceptically would say its nonsense I can literally hone someone with it or establish communications with others with it.

I can photograph and record and show it to these skeptics.
I can turn on games and let them play them or use the calculator or make notes on it.

Also some of these people clam they can do this in the real world
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlfMsZwr8rc

So I asked if you literally can get some powers.
Christians argue god can manipulate probability AKA give you luck.
Something that is testable.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk6ILZAaAMI&list=PL7DC9C27EF9E1706D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH0rFZIqo8A
>>
>>129231425
The whole area at the time was a melting pot...they didn't gaf about race back then.
King Tut, from farther south, had his DNA tested, and it shows he is WAAAAAAAAAAY more related to Europeans, esp Britons, than anyone else.
Dn't believe everythig you read.
People will tell you Hebrew/Egyptians were black...I guess that means they invented slavery, and oppressed THEMSELVES...but it is STILL white people, and white Jews' faults.
Their logic is retarded.
Avoid this whole argument at all costs...it can only make you dumber.
>>
>>129203893
not a real pagan mind you, only know a bit about it and i sympathize with the non-larping ones. this questions really boils down to who you ask, some see them as personification of natural phenomenon, like thunderstorms or hails. the sagas tells us

nope, no religion can prove this. if they could, everybody would have followed that religion
wasn't much reason to not believe in them back then, and i can't recall anything about butchering people for not being zealous enough

depends on how you lived your life, your average man would be sent to the underworld, but not like hell mind you, but more like an eternal resting place. people who die in battle goes to the gods and evil people are sent to eternal punishment.
>What is the theology?
snorri sturlasson tells us the general gist of things; everything is basically a battle between good (the gods) and evil (the giants). it's also very deterministic, as in everything is foreseen and you can't change what's meant to happen. we also got the nine noble virtues, taken from the eddas

>Homosexuality
in norse tradition, accusing a man of argr (faggotry, unmanliness) was enough to challenge someone to a holmgang, at times a duel to the death. "pagans" who accept faggotry have no idea what actual pagans believed (fun fact, fags were drowned in bogs by ancient germanic tribes)
>Abortion
murder, acceptable in some cases if the child is fucked up or any other really severe reasons
>Transgender
again with the argr. the art of magic was also considered unmanly, because it involved feminine aspects, like wearing long robes. the only reason odin got a free pass here was because he was considered the epitome of masculinity

feel free to ask anything else
>>
quit joining armies.
just be decent and enjoy spending time with others and yourself
>>
>>129231690
>Well, there's the prepubescent child, for one thing. Are you just being deliberately obtuse?
So would you say that the prepubescent child's experience of romantic love isn't the same as the experience of romantic love a grown woman has?

>This is the only solution though t b h
If by solution you mean acceleration of the problem. Where is your own backbone? I sincerely hope you don't consider yourself a pagan. That kind of attitude is an insult to the gods.

>I agree but let's be realistic, what would you have them do that you think is plausible?
As I said, a return to paganism. Atheism has already firmly dismantled Christianity's vicegrip on Europe, and rising nationalist/traditionalist/identitarian movements lend themselves quite nicely to reviving the old traditions. Paganism can give Europeans the strength they seek and the moral fiber to grow a spine and drive out the invaders.

>>129231705
Again, you're thinking in terms of physically observable proof of metaphysical truths. You're not going to find any. It's not something I can simply show you. All I can say is merely reflect on the myths, what truths you can glean from them, and see whether they lead you to a better life.
>>
File: 00325.png (313KB, 584x342px) Image search: [Google]
00325.png
313KB, 584x342px
Almost Japanese is Buddhist. Is Shinto religion? It's difficult to answer.
Because there is no founder, no dogma and no precepts. There is only myths like Greek myths.
>>
>>129212223
since snorri was a christian, he tries to give a logical explanation to the origin of the gods as to make them seem fake in contrast to the christian god.

the line of kings after halfdan the black aren't accepted as historical and probably are fabrications to give the norwegian kings legitimacy by making them descended from odin himself. there are a ton of kings listed before him, so it's probably just made up to make the gods seem like mortals instead of divine beings.

the sperm part has no proof, it's connected to the art of magic, which only women traditionally did. odin was basically the one who invented this magic, but as i said in another post, he is considered to be the most manly being of them all, so he gets a free pass here.
>>
>>129228623
>And that is different than what whites have done how?
I never claimed to be an imperialist, I'm a nationalist
>Just admit it, you want to be the fucking Jews...all while pretending otherwise.
i want the exact opposite, I'm a nationalist, you can't seem to understand that wanting to be distinct doesn't make you a Jew
>btw...ationalism often turns on other peoples, or nations, even itself, ifyou are not careful.
and anti-nationalism is just outright suicide
>Why are all Jews guilty, but not all whites?
never said that, whites have harmed themselves plenty of times
>You always got a lot of shit to say, but I note when you are proven wrong, you switch to new subject, without ever noting that you are wrong 99% of the time.
i address it and move on, when have i ignored a point you made? give it to me now and I'll address it.
>Are you a liberal? This feels like a argument w/ a lib.
not in the least, but i clearly am because you're arguing for globalism.
>>
>>129214502
correct me if im mistaken, but didn't tacitus (or some other roman) mention that the germans too worshipped mercury, just under a different name? also something about them worshipping hercules
>>
>>129232112
>the art of magic was also considered unmanly, because it involved feminine aspects
Sounds like you consider fags to be mystical warlocks :^)

I'm amazed people are still hung up on this. Minding your own business is such a simple principle and should be so obvious.

>>129232428
Returning to my definition of romantic love from earlier, I would say the child is not capable of it and, again, would be a victim of manipulation and abuse on the part of the 40 year old man

>That kind of attitude is an insult to the gods.
Speaking for the gods is far stupider than getting intoxicated, if you ask me.

>As I said, a return to paganism. Atheism has already firmly dismantled Christianity's vicegrip on Europe, and rising nationalist/traditionalist/identitarian movements lend themselves quite nicely to reviving the old traditions. Paganism can give Europeans the strength they seek and the moral fiber to grow a spine and drive out the invaders.
I really doubt that, but it would be something.
>>
File: 1496104470854.png (207KB, 359x569px) Image search: [Google]
1496104470854.png
207KB, 359x569px
>>129232506
japanese are so cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhkRQUtD_Jo
>>
>>129232977
>I would say the child is not capable of it
So the child does not experience romantic love the same way a grown woman does. Interesting. Returning to my hypothesis from earlier, that the type of romantic love homosexuals experience is not the same type of romantic love heterosexuals do, as evidenced by a seeming lack of the physiological changes that illustrate male/female pair-bonding, would homosexual relationships not, then, be illegitmate, under the same criteria of not experiencing romantic love?

>Speaking for the gods is far stupider than getting intoxicated, if you ask me.
I am limited only to my understanding, as is anyone, but would Thor or Odin merely sit around and drink if their land was under attack?
>>
>>129232686
This a little better, but yeah, you just ignore most of my points, and switch to a new tac.
I never claimed to be an imperialist, I'm a nationalist...that's what Jews say
i want the exact opposite, I'm a nationalist, you can't seem to understand that wanting to be distinct doesn't make you a Jew- It does if you have to become Jews, to make it happen, and if you are full of it in the same way.
not in the least, but i clearly am because you're arguing for globalism.-Admitting fallacies, and possible pitfalls in our ideology, is not being globalist. I can tell we are on the same side, on almost everything, only difference is, I am a white very Aryan Jew, who is VERY proud of both, and not full of shit like so many people these days.
I am you..I refuse to allow people to refuse me my distinctiveness....an Aryan Jew, who does not want to watch half his family/DNA, be out to kill the other half of my family/DNA.
I don't fall for the BS.
>>
>>129232977
>Sounds like you consider fags to be mystical warlocks :^)
You clearly lack any understanding whatsoever of femininity in a religious context.
>>
>>129203893
All these pagan hate threads just show it's the future
>>
>>129203893
Nothing in this entire thread makes paganism seem even remotely believable. All modern pagans are stupid LARPing faggots, whether they realize it or not.

End of discussion.
>>
>>129232686
Basically your argument boils down to....NotAllWhites.
If you can accept this about yourself, then why not others?
It all feels very hypocritical...and strawmanish to me.
Another Q I have for people like you, is; is south Africa, America, Russia, etc, etc, etc, instances of whites forcing multiculturalism on others? If not, why?
>>
>>129218933

>Just as an example, any normal person experiences feelings of guilt if they lie to a friend for their own selfish gain. Thus it is a metaphysical truth that lying diminishes your living experience and the condition of your conscience. Living an honest life, conversely, elevates your life experience and raises your mode of living.
This sounds like psychology? Is psychology metaphysical? You can investigate it?
What exactly do you understand to be physical? You say numbers are not metaphysical however they are abstract concepts and we can detect emotions and investigate them.
(you can detect if someone is happy or sad even with chemicals in the brain)

So what is this can not be investigated physically?
I don’t understand can you give a list of metaphysical phenomena and physical ones?

>Homosexuality cannot produce life, therefore it can be nothing but self-indulgent

>you are acting against natural truths.

His sounds like some philosophy is philosophy Metaphysical ?

>>129232428
>Again, you're thinking in terms of physically observable proof of metaphysical truths. You're not going to find any. It's not something I can simply show you. All I can say is merely reflect on the myths, what truths you can glean from them, and see whether they lead you to a better life.
What is Metaphysical? We can detect emotions with machines and brain scans.
>>
>>129232977
men who practiced this stuff were actively hunted. it's also referred to some kind of sex magic, which is one of the reasons why it was mostly practiced by women. as stated earlier, wearing long robes was seen as dressing up as a woman, which explains why magic was considered femenine
>>
>>129232686
Here is another question, since I answered all of yours...even though I am sure I won't receive one...if JEws have manipulated whites, to be total POS, and therefore not their faults, then why do you guys have ZERO sympathy for blacks...as if they are expected to be more than we are?
We allowed, and helped JEws/Muslims, turn their race into a slave race, and domesticate them, by killing off the ones not followong the slave life expected of them.
Should we not be allies?
Should we not accept their culture has been hijacked as well?
>>
>>129214084
>Catholic / Christians / Jews : Obey God and receive benefits

>Pagans (North): Live a full life and prove you are worthy of the Gods and enter Valhalla.

Literally the fucking same concept but one written with negative connotations and the other one with positive ones

This leads me to believe you like paganism cause you think its cool
>>
>>129235254
>Is psychology metaphysical?
Partly.

>You can investigate it?
You can investigate physically observable physiological effects of one's mental state, but you can't (as of yet) physically observe what is happening in the thoughts and imaginations of people's minds.

>What exactly do you understand to be physical?
Anything observable in three-dimensional space.

>You say numbers are not metaphysical however they are abstract concepts
While this is true, numbers are a way to denote a multiplicity of physical things. You can't have a number of anything without having things to count. Granted when you count sheep while falling asleep there is no physical phenomena to observe, so you are mostly right there. I guess what I really mean is that metaphysical phenomena can't be physically quantified.

>we can detect emotions and investigate them.
Again, emotions in this context (exempting crying from physical pain and other such direct responses to physical stimuli) are the physiological manifestation of the way the body reacts to metaphysical (or supernatural) stimuli.

>So what is this can not be investigated physically?
Thoughts, imaginings, truths, experiences, memories, etc. Anything that exists in the mind and not in three-dimensional space.

>His sounds like some philosophy is philosophy Metaphysical ?
Yes, depending on the school of philosophy.
>>
File: 1486242866414.png (202KB, 420x510px) Image search: [Google]
1486242866414.png
202KB, 420x510px
>>129230544
>>129230659
>>129230726
>>129230797
>>129230956
>>129231095
I bet they believe the MARVEL comics are a reliable source for paganism.
>>
>>129237622
what the fuck is my ID? looks pretty satisfying
or am i just autistic?
>>
File: Alchimowicz_Goddess_Milda.jpg (205KB, 441x772px) Image search: [Google]
Alchimowicz_Goddess_Milda.jpg
205KB, 441x772px
>>129203893
1) Of course these gods aren't real you retard, just like any other religions fabricated by humans. A god most likely exists, but it's not something humans would be able to comprehend. Moral values are a sign of higher intelligence, however, on average, people aren't smart and need some religion to spoonfeed them morals. The choice of religion for anyone with an iq of above 110 is a matter of choosing the values that they want their kin to inherit.
2) Not real, again. In Baltic paganism it is believed that after death your soul remains and essentially becomes a spectator. That is however just one source, and it might even be christian, so in actuality, there are barely any solid, universal beliefs on what the afterlife is like.
3)For my language, culture and religion (in this case), I am thankful to my ancestors. This is known as basic respect and should be practiced, for a man without heritage is a man without meaning. Some more reasons for believing are the morals: respect for nature, ancestors, blood and soil protectionism, the struggle to maintain peace (without turning the other cheek).
4)
>Homosexuality
Shun and opress, to keep them in check.
>Abortion
I'm pro-life.
>Transgender
It's a mental illness and should be treated as such.
(I wasn't sure whether you wanted to hear my opinion on these issues, or the pagan opinion on these issues, so I just wrote mine.)
>>
So why should anyone ever believe in Christianity?

Here are some questions:
1) Are your Zombie Jew and Sky Daddy literally real? Or are they only pretend play stories?

2) If they are real can you demonstrate them?

3) The only thing I ever have seen from Christians are vague hippie level stupidities (prove me wrong and post something substantial) like:
So why adopt their believes about Jahweh and not their technological level?

4) Bonus round give your Christian positions on
>Cuckoldry
>Self-defense
>Transgender
>>
>>129223734
>3. I would fuckin love too. Currently saving money to do so. If it weren't for laws I would have already done it.

What did he mean by this?

The question 3 was about you using words to rationalise why you are a pagan.
Whats with
>If it weren't for laws I would have already done it.
You can not use words???
>Currently saving money to do so.
Money needed to write words on 4chan?????
!!!!!!
??????
!!!!!!
??????
Ultimate confusion.
>>
>>129226120
>If you look around you you see water, trees, lightning you hear the thunder. Odin gave his eye to drink from the well of knowledge and gave that knowledge to the free men and women that Heimdal created.

>>129227601
>Just look at the world around you - their creation and it's plain to see.

There was once a christian who told everyone
>God exists because trees
To this day no one knows what he ment by this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEATsejE93U
>>
>>129239051
If you believe there really is some kind of God, what makes you think that he would not communicate with us in some fashion, thereby making at least ONE, if not ALL religions valid?
How do YOU know God does not speak to me, or others, like we claim?
How do we know God does not command different things, of different people?
Which would DEFINITELY makke it appear as multiple religions, when really it was just different orders, from same being?
>>129239172
Luke 22:36
Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
tell the truth, you know nada about what you are talking about. Christians don't even know the Bible, but YOU DO?
You are a awesome source of Jewish propaganda against my Savior....you know that right.
Everything you say, is a Jewish version of history. Hilarious...he people who bitch about Jews the most, are ALWAYS the ones falling the HARDEST.
>>
>>129240112
>Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
Speak modern English, you mongloid.
>muh Jews
What do Jews have to do with anything? You haven't adressed a single point. Is it your instinctual response to inquiry to stick your fingers in your ears and go on a tirade about the Jews?
>>
>>
>>129240714
Matthew 19:12
For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.

This. REAL europeans know that erect dicks are of the Devil.
>>
>>129240671
I addressed that you know nothing, of nothing. I do not see that I need to answer a morons Q's, after all of them are proven incorrect.
You are talking about a Jewish religion, but fail to see where you brought Jews into it, or why it is pertinent?
You are a special flavor of stewpidity.
>>
>>129240112
>If you believe there really is some kind of God, what makes you think that he would not communicate with us in some fashion, thereby making at least ONE, if not ALL religions valid?
What reason is there for him to communicate with us? What reason is there for him to communicate with anything, for that matter?
>How do YOU know God does not speak to me, or others, like we claim?
Most "encounters with god" were simply people doing hallucinogenic drugs, having a dream, being deprived of sleep, or putting themselves in a situation in which their body released large amounts of DMT, such as meditating for prolonged periods of time.
>Which would DEFINITELY makke it appear as multiple religions, when really it was just different orders, from same being?
If these encounters happen to be legit, then yeah, he probably demands people to do radically different things, for the fuck of it.
>>
>>129241122
I f I created a whole universe of beings, I would feel some degree of responsibility for them. Thank God you are not God.
Most really huge scientific breakthroughs, came as a result of people claiming to be hearing from God, Einstein, that Indian guy, who says Shiva I believe communicated his formulas, that we still don't fully comprehend...there are all kinds of reasons God would communicate with us.
A better question, is why would God create all of us, and the universe, and NOT take an interest....that feels like a better question.
>>
>>129241122
https://youtu.be/r58GQYFZeLE
>>
>>129241637
You're looking at this from a very christian perspective. As in, you seem to believe that this god modelled humans after himself, and that he, therefore, must be similiar to us and have similiar desires and such. Humans feel the need to take interest in their creations, humans feel responsibility. With god, we don't know what he wants, I believe that we most likely do not resemble him in the slightest, why would he choose us specifically to be similiar to him, out of all living things,

Perhaps he simply has fulfilled his purpose and doesn't exist anymore, and that's why he hasn't interacted with humans.
>>
>>129242947
Of course I see it from a Christian perspective. God speaks to me, leads me to what I need to see. Always has. My whole life has been a learning experience, to spread these messages to all, Jews or not. IDC if you believe me or not.
And again, you make the assumption that just because He never said anything to you, as confimrmation He is not real.
You also assume I see God as human like...I do not.
...created in His image, can be taken a lot of ways.
Besides, science now believes the universe is a simulation...meaning that God may be a dude with a beard somewhere. Science now believes what they accused us of believing, falsely.
Well as they say, getting there is half the fun eh?
This also fits in the Great Architect BS.
The lies and chaos will now increase exponentially. I have seen it.
>>
>>129243775
I believe that some universal god is real, I don't believe that the biblical god is real. It doesn't matter to me if he doesn't talk.
The "universe is a simulation" theory is just some fuckin stoner pseud crap.
All in all, neither of us are correct, and it's pointless to debate a topic neither of us know anything about.
>>
>>129236473
>numbers
I'm a mathematical fictionalist.

>but you can't (as of yet) physically observe what is happening in the thoughts and imaginations of people's minds.
interesting.
So you suspect it will be possible to brain scan and see all thoughts of humans with machines and even know what they are thinking or seeing?

this would contradict
> physiological manifestation of the way the body reacts to metaphysical (or supernatural) stimuli.

>>So what is this can not be investigated physically?
>Thoughts, imaginings, truths, experiences, memories, etc. Anything that exists in the mind and not in three-dimensional space.

So let’s say technology advances and you can actually register and see what someone is thinking using machines.
So would nothing become metaphysical?
And your metaphysical hypothesis would become wrong?
Because all emotions and memories and thoughts are something like magnetic recordings on a HDD only with neurons and chemicals making them physical 3D objects? Making them physical and in 3D space?
>>
>>129239051
>Of course these gods aren't real you retard
Dude I did not want to look like a complete ass.
I try to understand what someone is believing instead of screaming at them
"YOU are wrong!"
Even if I conclude that its wrong its a interesting subject to record.

>just like any other religions fabricated by humans
I don’t even... so Christians know their god is fake?
Or do you simply say every god is fake.
You might try to define what actually a god is first.

This is a rationalist in action everyone, you call them fedoras.
>>
>>129244527
Oh my bad, you are a blind retard that does not care about truth, I get it now. Everyone is wrong except you....and I thought that was the complaint you had about religious people?
You know nothing of science, especially physics, or religion.
Ever heard of the double slit experiment, which proves CONCLUSIVELY, that matter itself, behaves differently, based on whether a human is looking at it, or not?
Literally matter isn't as 'there' unless one of us is looking at it.
Explain that. When you can, I will respond to you again.
>>
>>129239172

I'm not a Christian...

However I answer this for you:
1) Yes they are for most Christians
2) Christians say they can most of the time its prime mover philosophy and bible miracles + prophecies to "prove bible/god/Jesus"; Theology is fun.

They burn in hell forever this is why Christians need to go out into the world and torture everyone into the faith to save them.
Now they are getting sissy and only talking to them.
And with modern deviations like Mormonism you can baptize your dead ancestors and get them into heaven (this was invented to deal with this theological problem).

And then you get things like modern Catholicism where you only suffer your sins in purgatory for some time before getting purified and going to heaven with the exception of unspecified people who go to hell forever.

Jehovah’s Witnesses who are a deviation believe all sinners will be annihilated basically no resurrection you die like in atheism and its over for you no resurrection. With the exception of people who Jehovah decides to give a second chance.

Oh come on everyone knows about heaven and hell and the occasional mixing of purgatory.
Heaven = eternal paradise
Hell = eternal torture
Purgatory = suffering to get purified to get to Heaven
>>
Do pagans actually believe in their gods?
>>
>>129219084
But neither did Christianity
It is a pretty good religion, considering it rejuvenated the Romans and preserved Europe for 2 thousand years so far
>>
>>129203893
TROLL THREAD | NOT POLITICS | NOT RELATED TO THIS BOARD

SAGE GOES IN OPTIONS

>only pretend play stories
It is about cultural heritage and tradition.

No "god" is demonstrable "literally real"

However, if you try to destroy your cultures heritage and tradition in the name of "muh fedora", then you are simply doing that.

You are not enlightening anyone, you are not progressing society, you are simply destroying your culture and heritage.

It will be replaced with some other culture and heritage which is more intolerant of criticism, or more immune your ability to destroy it.

Wether it's Bill Nye's army of blue haired Social Justice Warriors screaming about ice cream spectrum of chromosomal denial, or the Mohammedans.
>>
>>129245229
Yea look at me commiting the crime of not being nice to you on the internet. Don't know what I expected from a newfag who doesn't even understand what belief is.
Of course they know it's fake. The only people who actually believe in man-made gods and don't just follow religions for the values are niggers and muslims.
Every man-made god is fake.
God is a being that started the chain of events leading to the big bang.
I don't know why I expected reading comprehension from a fucking pole but there's that.
>>
>>129247130
Yeah sure thing fucktard, religion is not related to politics whatsoever. You really are a fat fuck in a fedora ain't cha? What do you believe? Mainstream Science? Hahahahahahahahahh
>>
>>129245242
Did the word "stoner" hit a little close to home?
Anyways, I claimed that everyone is wrong, me included, there's just too much speculation and not enough facts to confirm or deny the existence of god, and in the likely case of his existence, justify his behaviour.
Also
>religious discussion
>double slit experiment
>>
>> 129240112
>> 129241122

I love theology.

This is a massive assumption.
If there is a creator of our reality the most likely answer is that he does not give 2 fucks about us and/or is actively fuckign with us.

Think of it Simcity a game where you can load a town and bombard it with devastating catastrophes and watch the virtual people panic and die.

This is us, how can you even begin to come up with ideas like god loves us?
What human loves his creations? No often we create things to destroy them in fun.
Think
Shooting targets.
Virtual creations like enemies and monsters or citizens in sim city.
Robots used in contests to fight and destroy other robots
All of them are worthless to their creators and only there to satisfy the creators base needs.

I see 2 scenarios:
We are an accidental byproduct of some creature creating the universe that is basically a computer simulation (maybe they/he wanted to study physical phenomena and some intelligence grew/evolved on one planet?)

Or we where deliberately created and our creator/creators is like a child with a ant farm, we are the ants and he is a child that likes to burn ants.
> How do we know God does not command different things, of different people?

This is the definition of fucking with us.
Reveal yourself to the Muslims and show them you are the god of the universe or simply make INSERT blind faith in Islam do the same for Christians, tell them to fight one another watch the fire works.
Countless fun.

>> 129242947
>You're looking at this from a very christian perspective. As in, you seem to believe that this god modelled humans after himself, and that he, therefore, must be similiar to us and have similiar desires and such.

I have to agree with this.
>>
>>129248170
No, I was just surprised you refer to mainstream scientists like Neil DeGrasse Tyson, as just some dumb stoner somewhere.
Face it, you are a dumb fuck, without a clue about anything. Stop giving people advice dude.
I never thot I'd be a person to say this, but lurk moar dude.
Science PROVING religion, sure thing how is that related to a religion discussion. Are you retarded? Seriously? If so, sory for making fun of you. Have fun! You're one of Gods' special little guys!!
>>
Am I just a raving lunatic? Do any of you understand what I am telling you?
OR is it all BS, and I hear voices?
Seriously...seems important. I always feel like people who don't get me, are retarded. Is it me?
Am I the crazy retard?
>>
File: eb6.jpg (42KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
eb6.jpg
42KB, 604x453px
>>129247551
>>
File: WorldsFirstSelfie.jpg (10KB, 227x225px) Image search: [Google]
WorldsFirstSelfie.jpg
10KB, 227x225px
>>129249284
It can't be both?
>>
>>129248720
>Atoms behave differently when we don't look at them!
>Wow, now we finally have solid proof that god is real!
>>129249273
Even you are fucking doubting yourself, holy shit.
>>
File: continue.jpg (61KB, 392x557px) Image search: [Google]
continue.jpg
61KB, 392x557px
Can a pagan ever form an argument without talking about christians? Let's find out.
>>
>>129249724
That was a joke.
Enjoy your daily dose of butthurt. We both know I ideologically raped you....it wasn't even close.
Just because I proved you wrong, and an idiot, don't mean I ain't too. If nothing else, I am open minded.
>>129249925
No pussies. Christianity is Paganism...we've been over this sally-come-lately.
Put some ointment on that chapped ass.
>>
>>129249925
Literally impossible, whole thing is just based on hating Christianity, can't they just admit they're atheists and be done with it?
They are worse than jihadists, at least they believe in what they're saying, bagels here want you to believe in bullshit that even they don't buy
They are just snakes, some of them literally worship them
>>
>>129250445
*aren't
>>
>>129249925
It has values that appeal to me, and also is a way to honor my ancestors.
>>
>>129250445
Their children will believe it for real since they were raised in it like Christians.
>>
>>129250979
Their own parents would be their deceivers
They would turn back to atheism, and we would have another global dark age, assuming paganism ever rises again of course
>>
>>129251354
Why was Europe so religious during the middle ages then, shouldn't the children of pagan converts have been atheists according to you?
>>
File: 1496936927140.jpg (11KB, 315x135px) Image search: [Google]
1496936927140.jpg
11KB, 315x135px
>>129203893
There's a book called "culture of the teutons" that will provide the context behind why Paganism is useful, and the sort of worldview that goes with it.

Look into Jordan Peterson's work about archetypes and why religion in valuable. All that stuff applies here, and I would argue polytheism gives better archetypal structures for more people, such as women, older people etc. Some dude that dies in his 30s just doesn't serve as a complete lifelong role model.

Finally, if you are familiar with Dawkins and memes. You can think of religion as a symbiotic system that evolves with a group of people. Pagan systems have had much much more time with European s, and spawned from them directly. It's probably the most well adapted system for harmonizing with the genetic set of European personality and traits. 2000 years of Christianity can't match it. In fact Christianity had to become like Paganism to survive with Europeans. But you can tell that Europeans chafe under the holdovers from middle eastern though. Feminism, the environmental movement, etc. are, to me, manifestation of the European psyche that Christianity underserves.
>>
File: varg.png (44KB, 785x243px) Image search: [Google]
varg.png
44KB, 785x243px
>>129250956
What values? Lore and gods wildy differed from village to village, there is no pagan value set in stone. And which ancestors? Again, they came from different places, worshipped different gods.
>>129250445
>can't they just admit they're atheists
This
Varg admits he believes there are no gods. So praising Odin is LITERALLY larping in his case.
>>
>>129251608
They are anon, the whole world is turning atheist fast
Plus we are talking about a time where people didn't give a shit about blood or soil, for most it was just working for the local Lord
>>
>>129251661
>>
>>129211774
People given the death penalty for actual crimes were "sacrificed". Meaning some religious trappings were included out of respect.

We would never do tha- oh wait that's exactly why we let people choose a last meal, see the prison chaplain etc...
>>
>>129251354
That's how every religion spreads. Do you think the Romans just flipped a switch in their brain and became Christians when the emperor told them to? No, they were larping at first to not be punished, but eventually all the larpers died out and the false forced beliefs became real beliefs in their ancestors.
>>
>>129251894
The values of the modern day reincarnation of the religion of my ancestors (which, I checked, isn't formulated on christian sources).
These values being the respect for nature, for your ancestors, blood and soil protectionism. Also as a bonus, Lithuanian Paganism has been ingrained with ultra-nationalistic ideas, because of its survival despite all the cultural oppresion my country has faced throughout history.
>>
>>129252479
The first Christian emperor was Constantine, and most people were already Christian then, if anything they soldiers should have lied about not being Christians
And you think Jesus was a larper?
>>
>>129252879
The*
>>
Psalm 139

19 Oh that You would slay the wicked, O God;
Depart from me, therefore, men of bloodshed.

20For they speak against You wickedly,
And Your enemies take Your name in vain.

21Do I not hate those who hate You, O LORD?
And do I not loathe those who rise up against You?

22I hate them with the utmost hatred;
They have become my enemies.

23Search me, O God, and know my heart;
Try me and know my anxious thoughts;

24And see if there be any hurtful way in me,
And lead me in the everlasting way.

Jeremiah 51:12

Lift up a signal against the walls of Babylon; Post a strong guard, Station sentries, Place men in ambush! For the LORD has both purposed and performed What He spoke concerning the inhabitants of Babylon.
>>
>>129247130
>It is about cultural heritage and tradition.
Question are your parents pagans? How about your grand parents?
How far is this pagan tradition going back in your family?
This is why I never understand the
>Muh ancestors
Point of view, this is not even right.
Because a crap ton of your ancestors where Christians so did mine.
And you really need to go back to pre literal people who did not even write down what they believed in for your paganism.
However why stop there?
Why not go even further to cavemen?
Or do you believe after evolving your ancestor instantly established the worship they did have before they where destroyed by Christians?
And this is the magic of pre literal people you don’t know what they did or how their religion changed over time for all you know you are practicing the equivalent of Mormonism that replaced Catholicism of your even older ancestors.
And you don’t even speak the language these original pagans did.

I have a special relationship to Christianity it’s false however worth investigating and learning how it shaped history. And conservative Christians are mostly on the same page like me so I can go along with them.

>However, if you try to destroy your cultures heritage and tradition in the name of "muh fedora", then you are simply doing that.

>You are not enlightening anyone, you are not progressing society, you are simply destroying your culture and heritage.

O hohohohoh what is closer to your heritage the ton’s of Christian works or something someone wrote they believed the Vikings did?

to be continued.
>>
>>129247130
>>129253406

There is another angle to this smoking!
What do you believe about smoking?
I and others are anti-smoking because it’s harmful.
No one can even argue this, that there was a smoking culture in the west and smoking was a big part of social life however we are eliminating it now.
>Muh heritage
> you are simply destroying your culture and heritage.
Yes I’m destroying the heritage of smoking so what?

What makes it different from Christianity or the Vikings or whatever?

to be continued.
>>
>>129239051
I'm not a huge fan of Varg, but his video on Halloween traditions got my noggin joggin on the treatment of the dead.
>>
>>129247130
>>129253497

> Wether it's Bill Nye's army of blue haired Social Justice Warriors screaming about ice cream spectrum of chromosomal denial, or the Mohammedans.
I know this.

Atheism is impossible, a illusion of a childish brain creating a nonsensical division between theism and atheism. There exists nothing that can be named religion for sane investigations. Talking about atheism or theism is silly same with religion nonsensical concepts and idiots who define their lives around them are idiotic and demonstratively wrong.
There is no atheism or theism only different ideologies.

You can get nothing from atheism, no values only some blank “there is no god” however all these rationalists (because this is their name) have a lot of other values like the “gender spectrum” or “pro gay”.
Same with Marxism you might say that same thing completely different ideologies are somehow considered atheism.

And these ideologies will create their world order, same for Islam.
It’s the values they have that will shape the world.
These values have the potential to destroy the world.
And rationalist can not create a sustainable society it will disintegrate even now into new forms of degeneracy where trans ideology is literal insanity and pretend play.

However Islam will shut these rationalists up even now these rationalists are singing “Allah is great” to fight racism or something. How atheistic of them. Told you atheism is an illusion of a infantile mind I predict in 10 years all atheist chat rooms will constantly have
>All religion is fake
>10 evidence why Islam is the absolute truth.
>>
File: Jesus.jpg (7KB, 206x316px) Image search: [Google]
Jesus.jpg
7KB, 206x316px
1 Thessalonians 2:14-16King James Version (KJV)

14 For ye, brethren, became followers of the churches of God which in Judaea are in Christ Jesus: for ye also have suffered like things of your own countrymen, even as they have of the Jews:

15 Who both killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please not God, and are contrary to all men:

16 Forbidding us to speak to the Gentiles that they might be saved, to fill up their sins always for the wrath is come upon them to the uttermost.
Isaiah 42:13
The LORD will go forth like a warrior, He will arouse His zeal like a man of war He will utter a shout, yes, He will raise a war cry He will prevail against His enemies.
>>
>>129252544
But none of those values have been written down anywhere, they don't exist and neither does your religion.
Modern paganism is just building a religion around what you yourself believe in, be it nationalism, anti-racism or whatever.
>>
File: 1483663710019.png (381KB, 1380x511px) Image search: [Google]
1483663710019.png
381KB, 1380x511px
>>129212182
It is written
>He who spares the rod hateth his son
and
>But of these things do not be ashamed
>lest you sin to save face
>of of bargaining and dealing with a merchant
>of constant training of children
>of beating the sides of a wicked servant.
>>
File: 1496766461135.jpg (893KB, 1500x2057px) Image search: [Google]
1496766461135.jpg
893KB, 1500x2057px
For christians
>>
>>129252021
Exactly. What are the odds females that arose in concert with a theology involving goddesses and shield maidens, Greek heroines, etc. Are going to be psychologically suited to that? Better off channeling natural tendencies productively than denying them entirely.
>>
File: IMG_3646.jpg (9KB, 300x57px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3646.jpg
9KB, 300x57px
>>129203893
paganism or neopaganism?
>>
>>129252070
Sacrificing is criminals is still morally wrong, executing them out of just judgement is not wrong. If you read the one on Sacrifice in Athens you would have understood that.
>>
>>129254854
>paganism or neopaganism?
This depends how do these people identify themselves?
Paganism or neopaganism?
>>
>>129254037
The original illiad was oral tradition. I guess the version we have now is nonsense with no bearing on Greek culture.
>>
>>129254779
They always use the feminine to undermine culture. They are a weak-link. It is sad, and in the next world, they WILL be equal, perhaps superior even...but if everyone were Christian , or shared our values at least, and were not shitty people, our women could be as free as they wanted.
This is their fault too. The darkfriends, he satanists, the left, the commies, the new agers, the pagans...fuck em all.
They know NOTHING.
>>
File: 1492213352245.jpg (124KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1492213352245.jpg
124KB, 720x960px
>>129254261
It is written
>If the servant sayeth in his heart, "My lord delayeth his coming" and shall begin to beat the servants and maidens, and eat and drink and be drunken
>The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh for him not.
>and at an hour that is he not aware
>And he will cut him into pieces
>and will appoint his portion with the faithless.
>And that servant which knew his Lord's will, and did not prepared, nor commit to his will shall be beaten with many stripes.
>But he that knew not, and did not commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with only a few stripes
>For unto much is given much is required.
>>
>>129215172,
the Pagans made the idea of a governmental systems besides tribalism people tend to forget that the Hellenic peoples were pagan for a long time, they made philosophy architecture, hell even fascism, the Spartans were fascist.
>>
>>129254037
You gotta understand that unlike other forms of paganism, Baltic paganism survived much longer (until about the 17th century, if I'm not mistaken), so there are a lot more reliable books about pagan folklore and tradition.
>>
>If the servant sayeth in his heart
>"My lord delayeth his coming"
>and shall begin to beat the servants and maidens
>and eat and drink and be drunken
>The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh for him not.
>and at an hour that is he not aware
>And he will cut him into pieces
>and will appoint his portion with the faithless.
>And that servant which knew his Lord's will
>and did not prepared
>nor commit to his will
>he shall be beaten with many stripes.
>But he that knew not and did not commit things worthy of stripes
>he shall be beaten with only a few stripes
>For unto much is given much is required.
-Jesus Christ

It is written
>But of these things do not be ashamed
>LEST YOU SIN TO SAVE FACE
>of the beating of the sides of a wicked servant
>>
>>129256978
Lukes Sermon on the mount
>>
>>129256147
...And faggy as fuck.
>>
>>129256179
That's pretty cool then. Our paganism is long gone.
>>
>>129203893
I'm not pagan but here's how the pagan midset should go:
> Are your gods literally real?
Yes they are
>Or are they only pretend play stories?
Those stories are there to warn you of the dangers of those gods
> If they are real can you demonstrate them?
Can you demonstrate Yahweh? You cannot. Neither could someone demonstrate you the god of thunder or the god of trickery in flesh or for you to see him face to face, but they preform acts many malicious to play and trick the simple mortals.
Nothing, these gods do not care if you believe or don't in them. You can try and be on good terms with them so that they have less of a reason to play foul tricks on you but the fact remains they still love messing with mortals and you'll have to accept that because they are stronger than you are.
That depends on the form of paganism you believe in, in Norse mythology the good and glorious go to Valhalla the bad to Hel, basically the same as in christendom.
>What about theology
In paganism many atimes the gods are described as non caring or even malicious, there is the father figure (Zeus, Odin, Perun) and many times this god must be pleased to get on his goodside, other smaller deities usually like playing tricks on mortals.
And medival Christians had electricity?
What is spirituality and what is technology. Being a religious person does not stop you from being a scientist. In fact many scientists are religious.
>Homosexuality
>Abortion
>Transgender
Do what ever you want, this does not displease or please the gods. They could careless if mortals destroy themselves.
This would be my mindset if I was pagan
>>
File: GoingHome.jpg (39KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
GoingHome.jpg
39KB, 600x700px
>>129257909
God told me to say that, about the faggy fascist Spartans....I didn't wanna do it. He was insistent though. idgaf what any of you believe...it's just my Father. He's got all these rules you know. He says I will understand some day.
I don't care what you believe, assholes...only what you do. Quit being pussies, and let's go after the people DOING bad shit.
It was fun y'all. I only tell 4chan ALL of the truth.
>>
>>129214178
That is so gay.
>>
File: 1491085292648.gif (262KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1491085292648.gif
262KB, 500x500px
>>129252070
Sacrifice in latin and in greek is separate from the word execution. Execution is execution but the words sacrifice mean to offer up a soul, to pay up his spirit for the remission of your own sins and to buy favor.

It is written
Ezekiel 33:11
>Say unto them, As I live, declares the Lord God
>I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked
>But that the wicked turn from his way and live
>turn back, turn back from your evil ways
>For why will you die O House of Israel?!
>>
File: THE BIRTH OF DIONYSUS (2).jpg (118KB, 581x567px) Image search: [Google]
THE BIRTH OF DIONYSUS (2).jpg
118KB, 581x567px
>>129256147
>the Spartans were fascist.
yeah right..

Spartans had:
Constitution (Rhetra)
Elections every year
Referendums (Apella)

Spartans were 10 times more "democratic" from todays "democracies" (western, islamic etc).

Of course they weren't Democratic (the Spartans didn't discuss /debate about the Referendums. They only approved or disapproved em).
Thread posts: 285
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.