[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not proud of my culture

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 37

File: dutch-culture-9319598.jpg (43KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
dutch-culture-9319598.jpg
43KB, 400x267px
Hello /pol/,
I'm a native Dutch person (Dutch ancestry traced back to 1790). There's been a lot of talk about immigrants trying to take away our culture. My thing is: I don't give a shit. I know that probably according to most people on /pol/, I should. But I don't see anything in Dutch culture that is so important that it's actually worth getting upset over. To me Holland has been a relatively cultureless society for a long time. Our thing is business, not silly rituals or customs. I know we have a pretty impressive history, and we had some great painters for example, but I don't identify with this because it's too long ago. I'm talking about the period after WW2. Which means the culture of my parents and grandparents. They're the only generations I have ever experienced in person, and they were the people passing down their culture to me. In these generations, I have not seen anything cultural that impresses me. We have a few unique cultural characteristics, but they're not many and they're not that great. They include stuff like sitting in a circle of chairs at birthday parties and having the most boring party imaginable, or celebrating our monarchy on king's day. I honestly can't really think of anything in Dutch culture that I would really mind disappearing, let alone worth fighting for.

So tell me /pol/, why should I be proud of my culture and why should I care about it eroding? I feel like I must be missing something, because it seems strange to me that a country would have no culture to speak of.
>>
>To me Holland has been a relatively cultureless society for a long time.

Ya Niggers made Hagelslag. That's probably the best thing that came out of Europe since 1889.
>>
>>129199610
there is no doubt that you still benefit from your ancestors culture and behaviors. If it worked so well to give you such a nice life dont you want to further their tradition and give your descendants a nice life? Honor them and you will be honored in the future
>>
>>129199610

You sound like a person who never sacrificed anything for something greater than themselves.

You also sound like a naive person, who takes for granted the multitude of things your culture has given you and the absolute threats that occur when you are not part of a group that is dominant in your area.

If you imagine that the world is like high school (because you probably have no other experience), your dutch bretheren have carved out for you a place that you and your friends can study and work without getting fucked by jocks or getting fucked over by retarded Stacies.

You've taken for granted what your family and countrymen have died for, and now that you sit amongst the clouds you have never seen the goddamn mess of shit that occurs when you are no longer king of your mountain, and how much you have to work and suffer to get there.

sure, comparatively you mountain may not be as big as the US's. Or have as rich history as Spains. But its your fucking mountain, and nobody fucks with your mountain and walks away.
>>
Also, a question for other Dutch people: do you really care about the tradition of zwarte piet disappearing, or is it just a nice concrete example of immigrants taking away our country, that you can latch unto to voice a more general dissatisfaction? To me the fierceness of the debate on both sides was surprising. I mean is zwarte piet really any important, let alone integral part of Dutch culture? And if it is, doesn't it mean Dutch culture is pretty pathetic? If painting your face black and putting on a silly costume has become the most used example of Dutch culture, doesn't that make Dutch culture as a whole seem kind of irrelevant?
>>
Gonna reply to all of you, give me a minute.
>>
>>129199610
think of it this way, then: would you rather live normally or get bombed to pieces while achmed is getting deepthroated by your girlfriend?
>>
>>129199610
cucked
>>
>>129199610

I don't know. You're just not really a man. There's very little I can add to this.

Your post reads like a downbeat beta bitch writing in his man journal.

Lets say your right and the dutch culture is garbage. Well you have no idea what hell is coming your way and your children's way if you remain passive. Islam is a terrible culture and so are all 3rd world cultures. There is nothing more sickening than a man who is too passive to defend his basic territory. In the past men like you would die off quickly and in the future this will be the case as well.

Enjoy.
>>
It is not culture. Culture is a dog whistle.

It is race. In your senior years you will be surrounded by a sea of hostile shitskins and as you draw your dying breathes it will all make sense.

Assuming you even make it to an old age and they don't just eat you alive in the middle of the street during a period of high cultural enrichment (see: chimpout).
>>
>>129199610
You will only realize what you lost once it is gone. What is gone will be replaced with something else. You have no idea what kind of hell you are creating for yourself and future generations.
>>
Switched to laptop, might have a different ID now.

>>129199983
You made it worse, being the first post to mention something good that came from Dutch culture, and it's fucking chocolat sprinkles.

>>129200354
I understand that, and I'm very grateful for it. But my ancestors were businessmen and colonists. Culture wasn't the most important thing to them. They didn't even convert Indonesia to Christianity, or gave them our language.

>>129200393
Not gonna reply to the personal attacks other than saying I think you're wrong about them.
I understand that I am economically and politically in a priviliged position, and I do understand that I owe all of this to my ancestors. But like I said to poster above, my ancestors were businessmen and colonists. We do not have a rich cuisine like France or Italy, we do not have strong family ties, we do not even have a good soccer team anymore. We do have stuff like an amazing infrastructure system (3rd best in the world according to World Economic Forum, behind Singapore and the UAE) and a pretty brilliant water management system. But those things are practical in nature, whereas I associate culture more with things like symbolism and tradition. The same goes for our former colonies, they were practical endeavors meant to make money, and in my opinion had little to do with culture.

>>129200590
kek.
anyway, so my culture i not getting bombed to pieces by Achmed? I'd like a little more.

>>129201743
I'm not talking about Islamic culture being better in any way. They do have more culture, I would say, but their culture is too backwards. I would fight and die for my country, but not necessarily for my culture.
>>
>>129200393
This.
>>
>>129199610
Dude fuck off. No one cares about your personal problems this has nothing to do with politics. Kike trying to bring irrelevant shit into this board. If u don't care then fine thats your problem. Let the immigrants take over. I mean of course u don't have a culture you guys are all atheists. U can't fight for something you don't believe in.
>>
>>129202120
So culture is irrelevant to you? All of your culture could disappear as long as there are no shitskins around?

>>129202313
Well so help me avoid that then, not realizing what I'm losing. What aspects of Dutch culture are we losing that we need to preserve?
>>
>>129199610
That's because your culture had already been destroyed by the time you were born.

The question is, are the EU and Islam the foundation you want to rebuild on?
>>
>>129199610
That's because all Dutch culture has been removed. Check out Oera Linda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boeWSFCuY24
>>
>>129202657
Culture doesn't equal religion. But you have a point, lots of countries derive their culture largely from religion. Since most of us are atheist, maybe that's the problem.
>>
>>129199610
When we say "preserving our culture" what we really mean is preserving our race. Whatever culture dutch people produce is dutch culture but if you are replaced by non-dutch muslims whatever culture they produce will be not dutch.

Essentially magic dirt won't turn muslims into dutch people. A nation is its people and if they are lost, the nation is lost.
>>
>>129202763
>So culture is irrelevant to you? All of your culture could disappear as long as there are no shitskins around?
Race is literally all that matters. The day you suffer for being an indigenous Dutchman simply because numbers are no longer on your side is the day you will understand.
>>
>>129202793
This sounds plausible. So what do I do about it? Walk around in traditional Dutch clothing and speak old Dutch?
That's not the foundation I want to build on, no, but I feel like we don't really have any other cultural foundation left, besides practical things like our business skills and water management skills.

>>129202903
Will watch in a bit, promise. Do you feel the same is true for Norway?
>>
>>129199610
Well, you had goat painters.
And I've got one of Jansen's Strandbeasts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azy-c6QXUCw
>>
>>129203022
The thing is, in my opinion, Dutch people don't really produce lots of significant cultural characteristics. We're about money, not culture. But I feel culture is important too and shouldn't be missing from our equation.

>>129203104
So what happens if your race (talking about Dutch people, up to you whether you consider us a distinct race) doesn't really care about culture, but only cares about money and other practical things? Wouldn't you feel like that's missing an essential part of human civilization?
>>
You're a disgrace. Read some books about Dutch history. Even if you can't identify with it, at least you must recognise that most of the things wrong with shitskin culture are fixed in Western (and that includes Dutch) culture as it has developed over the years. If you truly understand this, the displacement of Dutch culture becomes horrifying. Things like tulips and zwarte piet are only a superficial part of our culture.
>>
>>129203358
That's true, we had great painters. However, they don't play any significant part in our daily lives. They don't really affect our current or recent culture, IMO.
Also, I've met the guy who makes those Strandbeasts, quirky and funny guy.
>>
>>129203967
History we have plenty of. How does it affect the culture of our generation, that of our parents and that of our grandparents? Could you get more specific as to what Dutch culture entails? I agree tulips and zwarte pier are superficial and there must be more.
>>
>>129203704
>So what happens if your race (talking about Dutch people, up to you whether you consider us a distinct race) doesn't really care about culture, but only cares about money and other practical things? Wouldn't you feel like that's missing an essential part of human civilization?
I really don't understand what this question is even asking. Like I said culture really doesn't matter. It is always downstream of race anyway. In group out group dynamics is all that matters. You are being flooded with a hostile outgroup. Your in group will suffer if it isn't already. You will personally suffer eventually as well.

There is really nothing else to say. If your entire in group has no sense of self preservation perhaps you deserve to be conquered.
>>
>>129204217
What I'm asking is this: let's say we resist this shitskin invasion, kick all of them out and let no new ones in. We preserve our race or our people. We would still be businessmen and politicians (2 things Dutch people historically excelled at). Those things are both subject to change according to business opportunities or political landscapes. I feel like our underlying culture that should bond our people is very weak. Don't you think this is important too, rather than simply all being the same race?
>>
Also, just to clarify, I am proud of our history and achievements, I just think we are lacking in the cultural aspects of our society.
>>
>>129204962
That is a bridge you must cross on your own. But you are in crisis mode and from the looks of things it will not end well and you WILL suffer in a very tangible way only because of your race.

It is not about cultural preservation or revival. It is defending your in-group from an invasive species that will only make life hell for you.

Imagine a future where your chief concern is only that tulips and windmills are kind of boring from a cultural perspective. It is literally utopian compared to what awaits you.
>>
And also I have to say to all Americans in this thread: your society suffers from this even worse than ours. Your culture is even more based on profit and business. Most of your culture has profit-oriented origins too.
>>
>>129205582
I don't necessarily disagree with any of this. But it's a seperate topic. I am actually talking about tulips and windmills being kind of boring. I understand we are under bigger threats than our lack of interesting culture, but it doesn't mean we can't also discuss this.
>>
>>129199610
I think the Dutch have more culture than you think but I agree todays society doesn't really show it.

>Dutch youth speak in retarded slang using words from nigger countries like Suriname
>Dutch youth speak in a retarded foreign accent on purpose because they think it makes them sound cool
>Most adults (or at least the ones I met in my life) only really care about material wealth and work not putting much emphasis on anything else
>Most adults are happy to throw away what culture there is even standing anymore in todays society in order to be ''progressive''
>>
How do you guys feel about the solution the Nazi's came up with, researching ancient Germanic culture and attempting to revive aspects of it? Even going so far back in history to evoke pagan cultures?
>>
>>129206176
I don't think society really showed it in the times of our parents and grandparents either. What do you think are quintessential aspects of our culture?
>>
>>129199610
>teehee look at me I'm a little faggot who is so alienated and detached from his own culture that I honestly believe I wouldn't miss it if I had to live under shariah law!
Just convert to Islam and move to the Islamic State already faggot.
>>
>>129206424
Also, don't you think people here have been disregarding culture in the name of being progressive for a long time, even in the golden age? We brought in massive amounts of immigrants in the 17th century too, and adapted foreign spices in our cuisine for example. I mean what do we have in our native cuisine? Some stamppot and a few more not so impressive things, most of our current diet has very little Dutch origins or even ingredients native to here.
>>
>>129206523
You misunderstood my post so badly I'm not even gonna retort.
>>
File: 0IMG_3662.jpg (389KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
0IMG_3662.jpg
389KB, 800x533px
you are right, we have no culture, we are all Marrokaan
>>
>>129206424
>>129206768

I wouldn't really say adopting foreign spices would be something to worry about. Indeed bringing in immigrants was a huge mistake but never has it been as bad in Dutch history as now and I still don't think 17th century immigration impacted the culture as much as now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture_of_the_Netherlands

This basically gives a nice summary of Dutch culture.
>>
>>129207341
>>129207381
Look how close our ID colors are. Should we start revolving Dutch culture around the color red? I'll take a look at the wikipedia article and see if it alleviates my concerns.
>>
File: 1478554211747.jpg (383KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1478554211747.jpg
383KB, 800x600px
>>129207942
already have red in the flag, but orange is the way to go, you do know why carrots are orange right? because farmers wanted to give something to the house of oranje, have a pic of quintessential dutch culture, go to the countryside more, gasp at the architecture of the cities, and know that all this will dissapear as the native dutch and the cultural values they abide by, will be gone in 50 years as democracy works against them, rejoice
>>
>>129199610
How about our cabaret and extreme free speech. I think this is our modern dutch culture. Look at people like Hans Teeuwen who has been redpilling us nationwide since the 90s. We are like germans with humour.
>>
>>129208682
I didn't know that. Did we really make carrots orange? lol
You've helped a little bit, I can't deny that your picture is chock full of Dutch culture. To be honest though, the architecture is the only impressive part in that picture. The clothes are not extravagant like most countries' traditional clothes, they're simple farmer clothes. And the cheese, well, it's just cheese. I read through at the Wikipedia article postsed by other Dutch anon, and it kind of confirms my point. Firstly, the article is fairly short. Secondly, there's a lot of stuff in there not practiced by my parents or grandparents. Thirdly, and perhaps most important to my point, the abstract of the article speaks volumes. It reads:
"
The culture of the Netherlands is diverse, reflecting regional differences as well as the foreign influences built up by centuries of the Dutch people's mercantile and explorative spirit. The Netherlands and its people have long played an important role as centre of cultural liberalism and tolerance. The Dutch Golden Age is popularly regarded as its zenith."

It speaks of our history of exploration and tolerance. Many parts of our culture have been adopted from other cultures, through our exploration of foreign lands and tolerance of their cultures in our homeland.
Why don't we have something like an impressive traditional dance? Why is Dutch music simply gipsy or American music with Dutch lyrics? How come we don't have a dish that is loved around the world? Why is our version of carnival a huge mess of drunken idiots listening to aforementioned (not) Dutch music (and carnival music being as vulgar as possible and a celebration of idiocy)?
>>
>>129208982
That's a pretty good point. But our extreme free speech (not talking about legally, I'm talking about culturally, known as Dutch directness), I would think, is related to our tolerance, which is now causing our downfall. Wouldn't it be better to have an actual dominant opinion engrained in culture, rather than having people saying the most outlandish shit in the name of free speech and directness?
>>
Our culture is encapsulated in the way we conduct business and run our government. From ages we've governed through certain principles like: consensus (polderen), pragmatic tolerance (meritocratie), etc.

Read: beneath consensual corporatism: traditions of governance in the Netherlands - by W.J.M. Kickert

Saying we have no culture means you are either uneducated, not in touch with reality, or terribly Americanized.
>>
>>129211242
I agree with this, and it's pretty impressive. The Poldermodel (I'd say it's based on comprimise rather than consensus) is a truly revolutionary and efficient system. We invented the stock market, and have an extraordinary history (and culture, yes) of doing business.
However, these are clearly seperate from things that are generally regarded as culture, or cultural heritage. I understand that technically this is culture, and it's OUR culture, but it's practical and honestly, it's fragile because it's subject to change depending on business opportunities or political climate. Why do we have so few traditions, symbolism, rituals, etc.? I feel like if we had more of this, we wouldn't be so apathatic and accepting of our culture being replaced by others. If it's politically and financially smart, we do it. Regardless of how much it erodes other aspects of our culture, because they are so insignificant, relatively speaking.
>>
File: MMUBCzs.gif (2MB, 355x200px) Image search: [Google]
MMUBCzs.gif
2MB, 355x200px
>>129199610
you dont know what white culture is. I am a bland stale white cracker and proud of my lack of culture, THAT IS MY CULTURE.
>>
>>129210954
Well yes, you are right. Although i think we combine our directness with our soberness. Look at how our politicians, we hate, treated the proposal from last week-or so, to make police-uniforms hijab friendly. Most of them didnt take the proposal serious and some laughed.
Plus we have fvd. But yes everything is going to shit. Just be proud of us dutch
>>
>>129199610
You need to go back on riidit you liberal faggot.
>>
>>129212750
> White culture
It's only Americans ever using this term, exactly because of the reason you mentioned, your lack of culture. Your country is even worse than mine in this regard. Your culture consists of things like Micky Mouse and McDonald's. There is literally almost nothing in American culture that isn't a product or a brand. Your country suffers from the same symptoms I'm describing, only in a much more extreme form.
>>
>>129212794
I'm proud of our ancestors and their achievements, I can't say I'm proud of us Dutch nowadays and I can't really say I'm proud of our culture. I'm proud of our business and political skills, but even those are failing us now.

>>129212944
Shut up faggot, I'm having an actual discussion here and if you had read my post you will see I'm not a liberal and my concerns are genuine and based on an actual phenomenon of a relatively cultureless society.
>>
>>129212144
>so few traditions
What? we have loads of traditions. Eerste haringvangst, elfstedentocht, cycling, carnaval, etc., But also less extravagently with polders, brown bread w cheese, dinner at 6, snackbar/uit de muur trekken, etc.
>symbolisms
What do you mean by symbolisms? Some people express respect through bowing or using a formal adressal. Our symbol of respect is dead honesty. Foreigners always complain about how they can't handle it. For as we get closer to someone, we do not coddle their feelings as much as outsiders. To us telling it like it is is the greatest service you can provide them with.
>rituals
Mostly due to our Burgher past that took distance from religion combined with our love for seperation of church and state. However we still have Sinterklaas
>>
>>129199610
Culture is: food, drink, music, architecture/art, legal/political structures and practises, language, literature, national holidays, customs, national dress etc. The suggest the Netherlands doesn't have anything of those is moronic. Some will overlap with other European countries, but will be very different to places like Africa, Middle East, China etc. You do have a culture, it's just so normal to you that you don't have to think about it. European culture generally is so globally successful it's now seen as normal.
>>
>>129199610
go back to leddy, noone starts his OP with
>hello / pol /
they say something like
>hey anon or guise
fucking externalfags I hate you all
>>
File: kuifje.jpg (44KB, 457x477px) Image search: [Google]
kuifje.jpg
44KB, 457x477px
>>129199610
Kek, well people in Flanders always joke about you protestants (boven de Moerdijk) not having a culture

But in all seriousness:
How do you expect immigrants to integrate if you're flushing your own culture through the toilet?
>>
>>129199610

You are a traitor, go back to Turkey you piece of fking shit. If you actually think that we should discard our past you need to kanker off.

Even if you don't like your culture you should at least not be against it. If you want to destroy this country keep being you.

Also kanker dead please kanker jew.
>>
>>129199610
If you dont see the value and the extent of our culture, you are wilfully blind and ignorant.
Do yourself a favour and end it.
>>
File: unspecified.png (615KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
unspecified.png
615KB, 720x1280px
>>129210580
>Did we really make carrots orange?
just a story I was told, and you know what, it is actually true https://archive.fo/z0Vko

>>129210580
>Why don't we have something like an impressive traditional dance?
but we did, except no one does it anymore except maybe for tourists https://youtu.be/SNmpkeY41xA

>Why is Dutch music simply gipsy or American music with Dutch lyrics?
NL is a pseudo-American protectorate, lost its real sovereignty post ww2
we have something called a meezinglied though, you ought to know a few, very dutch & very embarrassing
>How come we don't have a dish that is loved around the world?
gouda cheese? everyone eats it with bread, also the frikandel is known worlwide at many places, but yeah no biggies like pizza or something
> Why is our version of carnival a huge mess of drunken idiots
social engineering, they follow what's popular, there's nothing regional anymore
globalism has eroded the Dutch culture pretty much
>>
>>129199610

Stop being a cultureless cuck, read about our culture and help to revive it.
You have to stop listening to the faggots at the NPO, Joop and other people infected by the American Left that tell you that the Netherlands has no culture.
They're trying to destroy your identity so you'll bend more easily to their pro-globalist, pro-multicultural, pro-communist, anti-white ideas.
This is how (((they))) destroy Western countries: destroy identity, demoralize the population, create consumer culture, enlarge the welfare state, and bring in foreigners with a stronger identity.
And why should you care, right?
Why even revive the culture of one the freest countries in the world?
If you think like this, you deserve getting fucked over by cucks and Ahmeds with their totalitarian ideas.
>>
>>129199610
freedom is our culture vuile landverrader.
>>
>>129213981
Nice ID.
We do have some traditions. I'm going to sort of downplay some of them, take it partly as playing devil's advocate and partly honest opinion. Eerste haringvangst, well, it's just the first herring catch of the season. There are events organized for this, but they're fairly small and it's not really that big of a deal. You could easily miss it. Also, it's literally just enjoying the first catch and doesn't really have any other connotations to it. We don't worship the fish god or organize a fish parade.
The elfstedentocht I agree is a cool and significant tradition, too bad it hasn't been held for like 20 years or something.
Cycling, I'd say it's become somewhat of a tradition, but it's still just riding a bike. It's a practical mode of transport.
Carnaval, I touched on this earlier. I've been to carnaval once and it was honestly a huge uncivilized mess.
Polders are also a practical thing made a long time ago, we don't exactly practice the draining of swampland as a tradition.
Brown bread with cheese is pretty much the most bland thing you can eat.
Dinner at 6 is very trivial.
Snackbars are pretty great and serve tasty food, but it's frozen fast food, not that impressive IMO.

What I meant by symbolism is for example when you look at a cathedral in Italy, covered by statues and paintings full of symbols referring to something, or the British wearing the red poppy thing, or the Greeks smashing a plate on the floor. Rituals are pretty much related, I agree lots of symbolism and rituals disappeared with the seperation of church and state and the increase of atheism. We do have some ceremonies left though, like when we remember the dead and on liberation day, or when something happens with the royal family (marriage, abdication, etc.).
>>
>>129214568
pay debt
>>
>you have no culture goy and what little you do have is not worth preserving, look at Mohammed and Pajeet and Mutumbo with their vibrant and genuine culture
You know I'm really starting to notice a pattern.
>>
File: 1489743887000.jpg (620KB, 687x1117px) Image search: [Google]
1489743887000.jpg
620KB, 687x1117px
>>129199610

>ywn fuck pregnant Anne Frank in a Dutch windmill

feelsbadman

Also >>>/bant/
>>
>>129213944
Im not 'proud' either, but thats probably because as far as my emotions go, im quite numb. But looking at the rest of the world im seeiing a shitload of people who lost touch with reality. Im not saying us dutch are perfect. But we do have some common sense. Plus i must say i am more proud than before since fvd showed its face, i dont get how you dont feel the same. And in response to being on a collective path being better, wel yes, but being we live in a modern democracy(which atm we must), i think we are doing okay.
>>
>>129216411
it's spelled denbts you fucking baboon*
>go back to your website, what the hell are you doing here
(*) : not prepared to do that, kikes BTFO
>>
>>129214021
Best counterargument so far, and hard to come up with something to refute it. The only thing I can say to this is we need to be more overt about identifying what our culture entails.

>>129214758
It's not me flushing our culture down the toilet, I feel that happened over the course of centuries.

>>129214801
I'm not against our culture, I'm just saying it's not that extensive.

>>129215389
Nothing really there to disagree with, but it's pretty sad.

>>129215728
> revive it
What do you do to revive Dutch culture?

>>129215765
Freedom isn't a culture, even though freedom is obviously a great thing.

>>129216827
To be honest, I don't even care that (in my opinion) we have a fairly limited culture. I personally don't even really care for traditions and stuff, I'm a very practical minded person, like my ancestors. I value business, politics and living standards over culture. But I do think culture binds people together and if our culture was more extensive I feel like we would resist immigration more.
>>
>>129217554
I think I'm pretty much the same as you in that regard. I do feel like our society would be stronger with a bit more shared culture though. In almost every other aspects I think we are doing pretty well.

>>129217653
Pay.
>>
>>129199610
>go to the deep of the unknown
>confront dragon
>rescue your father
>sort yourself out

And that's no joke
>>
>>129218823
What kind of armour should I bring? Any good spells?
>>
>>129199610
Take a bus, go to your nextdoor euro country, book a youth hostel or some cheapo hotel for a few days and see just how differently they do things compared to you.

Everything you notice that they do different from you? That's your culture compared to theirs. The food you eat that they dont? Culture. The kind of curtains you use on the windows? Culture. The dos and donts for having another person around at your house? Culture.

You're just so used to what you have that you don't notice it, or think that some old folk tradition and dance is what counts.
>>
>>129218804
how bout (You) pay for it .
>>
File: schoolsout.png (7KB, 208x243px) Image search: [Google]
schoolsout.png
7KB, 208x243px
You're young and have no perspective. You probably don't even understand half of your culture. It's the nature of familiar things to become like wallpaper and new stuff to stand out as exciting. It's like being a young fish in water--it takes a decade or two of being an adult to appreciate one's own culture in comparison to others.
>>
>>129219114
This is pretty convincing.

>>129219118
No. Fucking beggar.
>>
>>129219255
I'm 26. How old are you? That does mean I haven't been an adult for two decades, so I'll get back to you in 10 years and see how I feel.
>>
>>129219325
beggars beg, I'm flat out denyinh you fucking imbecile

>duits kikes, what to expect less than a double fail
>>
>>129219607
You guys didn't seem to have a problem begging for loans before.
>>
File: Papa_Smurf123.png (12KB, 751x1066px) Image search: [Google]
Papa_Smurf123.png
12KB, 751x1066px
>>129219735
oh you're that sad fucker arent you? the
>I might be a bitch
one

Yeah not worth a real reply.
>>
>>129199610
That's not true bro
Netherlands It's an amazing place. You have a GREAT history just as every single country in Europe.
>>
>>129218804
I dont think you would care for our culture as much as others if you Saw it, just like me. But yes our culture is not being pushed or even held back. And this is bad for the people and our narrative. I think you see the objective value. why would you look for emotions about it when emotions are not your strength but your objectiveness is?
>>
>>129202657
>ur all atheists
Stop pretending you know shit about the Netherlands.
>>
File: maxie versnassis.png (1MB, 925x1536px) Image search: [Google]
maxie versnassis.png
1MB, 925x1536px
>>129219546
41. In the last 5 year for instance, I've reconsidered nearly everything I thought I understood as a late teen/20 something. Many things are not what they appeared to be at that age.
>>
>>129220031
You make no sense, poorfag. Fucking Beggaropolous. What happened? All your education budget got spent on BMW's for low level government officials?
>>
>>129220449
All the Greeks in America are crooks (mostly tax evaders) but at least they are hard workers.
>>
>>129220127
It's a great place to live and we do have a great history, but IMO we are a little boring. Definately a first world problem though.

>>129220151
Agreed, we are not a very emotional people and objectivity is indeed our strength. But everything has its downside, elk voordeel heb z'n nadeel. I think it does undermine our cohesiveness and national identity.

>>129220188
Over half of us are atheist though.

>>129220316
This is why it's important to respect your elders. Although your perspective might still change again, if you have been thinking and debating about this for longer than me, you are probably a few steps ahead of me.
>>
>>129220644
I had a Greek girlfriend. She was trying to be a hard worker but it was weighing very heavily on her to work a 40 hour week. It basically ruined her. I think it was more of a generational thing than a Greek thing though.
>>
File: DutchEmpire15.png (28KB, 1357x628px) Image search: [Google]
DutchEmpire15.png
28KB, 1357x628px
>Not proud
>>
>>129221775
I want New York back.
>>
>>129221453
I think the ones that went to America self-selected. They came here and opened a restaurant (usually selling fraudulent pizza, "greek pizza" they call it) work 80 hours a week, and do well. They spoil the fuck out of their sons though, and the millennial Greek boys are often useless because of it.

Some of the Greek girls are fine as fuck though. Some have huge Turk Schnozzes and arched brows though.
>>
>>129199610
>dutch ancestry traced back less than 300 years
>dutch
>>
>>129221981
The Duke of York was kind of a pussy, for shame. But New Netherlands was too mutlicultural to effectively resist. You guys were just a corporation and had no unity or care for it. A lesson there.

On the bright side, our Bill of Rights was inspired by New Amsterdam traditions.
>>
>>129221037
Yes we agree, but we are talking about you. I do believe, assuming you are a INTJ or INTP since we are on pol and you identified with being emotionaly numb, you will develop things like caring for your health, people around you, and nation around the age of 35. Just be, push the said culture and our narrative. Dont whine about shit. Maybe get some more testosterone
>>
stop wearing wooden shoes you fucking toothpaste losers
>>
>>129222054
Mine was blonde with extremely blue eyes. She was an only child, and that spoiled attitude definately shined through. Couldn't handle any stress or any difficult situations. The break up was horrible because she couldn't confront me and be real with me so she just shut down and started talking and meeting less and less, to the point where I had to break up because she couldn't handle confrontation.
>>
>>129222202
Whatever, best I can do.

>>129222321
Sounds a lot like our current society.
>>
>>129222528
we need pics
>>
>>129199610
Wtf is up with the culture meme anyway. The reason peiple dont want dirty sand coons in their country is because they dont want thosr backwards thinking, inbred dusgusting people as a demographic in the population.

I like shish kabob, I just want it served to me by a pretty white girl is all.
>>
>>129222380
INTP
Maybe those things have to do with having children too, can't really take the black pill and still have the motivation to create a better world for your kids. Don't taken this as whining though. It's just observations. I don't sleep any less because of this. And I'm probably good on testosterone, I don't really have any feminine tendencies and I can't stand the fact that my generation has been turned into such bitches.
>>
>>129222924
Not gonna post pics, but you'd be surprised how blonde and blue eyed Greeks can be.

>>129223150
Sounds good.
>>
>>129199610
Because once your culture has been replaced by the niggers and mud slimes you will realize you were wrong
>>
>>129223594
That wouldn't change anything about our culture over the last (roughly) 70 years though, which is what I'm talking about. What it's going to be replaced with is an entirely different matter.
>>
>>129200430
I do care
>>
>>129215728
This, also wifi is a dutch invention.
>>
>>129224281
Is that because you genuinely view zwarte piet as an important cultural aspect, or because it's one of the few we have left?
>>
>>129199610
>To me Holland has been a relatively cultureless society for a long time. Our thing is business, not silly rituals or customs.

kankermongool

sinterklaas
oliebollen
appelflappen
pinksteren
KONINGSDAG

gewoon eff lekker op kankeren nou
>>
>>129199610
Your culture isn't that bad. My mom is dutch and I remember going to a waterpark in the Netherlands when I was young. Your country's waterparks are superior to the US, probably because if someone gets hurt they can't sue the waterpark as easily. Anyways, as a child, I saw so many blonde haired blue eyed children in the that waterpark, just like me! It was beautiful. Isn't that worth defending?
>>
>>129224476
Sinterklaas, ok
Oliebollen, letterlijk een stuk deeg dat je in frituurvet pleurt.
Appelflappen, denk dat die eigenlijk Duits zijn, maar geen zin om het op te zoeken dus die geef ik je ook.
Pinksteren is geen Nederlands feest.
Koningsdag, ok.

Valt me alsnog tegen.
>>
Culture maybe isn't the right word for everyone, maybe not even values and certainly not tradition.

But if you like the way things are, being yourself and having the rights you do, then culture is a pretty good place to stand ground because people will take it away, and then they will want more.
>>
>>129224485
That is very much worth defending and I would fight and die for that without having to think twice. But I don't classify that as culture.
>>
>>129224731
>Oliebollen, letterlijk een stuk deeg dat je in frituurvet pleurt.
EN? KANKER LEKKER

nederlandse cuisine is fucking geweldig, hutspot, stamppot, boerenkool, noem maar op
lekker lekker en gezond ook

word je groot en sterk van

>Pinksteren is geen Nederlands feest.

wij zijn vrijwel de enigen die het vieren en we hebben nog pinkpop erbij ook
>>
>>129224819
That's exactly my point, if our culture was more extensive maybe people would be more willing to defend our country in the name of it.
>>
>>129199610
One of the most damaging things modern education has done is make people forget what's really valuable in culture. It's not the food and the music and folk dancing (although those should be respected) it's things like work ethic, institutions, the rule of law, political discourse, manners, community etc. I could go on for a while but essentially it's the most politically and socially relevant traits.

People in this country talk about English culture as tea (which has been popular for about a century) and english breakfast (which mainly has its roots in the industrial revolution) but forget the church, our law courts, our parliament, English liberties, language, social hierarchies, communities etc. It was these things that allowed us to flourish.

Our country wouldn't turn to shit if we started eating hoummous instead of porridge, but it would if we adopted sharia law instead of English common law.
>>
>>129224978
Ik vind oliebollen alleen lekker als ze heel vers zijn, daarna worden ze gelijk super smerig. Maar dat is persoonlijk. Het feit blijft dat alles wat je op hebt genoemd wel gezond is en best te eten, maar niet bepaald een geavanceerde keuken zoals bijvoorbeeld de Fransen en de Italianen dat hebben. En dan is er nog dit, van wikipedia:
Pentecost Monday is a public holiday in many European countries including Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Romania (since 2008), (most parts of) Switzerland, Ukraine and also in the African nations Senegal, Benin and Togo.
>>
>>129225319
je klinkt echt als een massieve flikker

nederlandse keuken is geweldig en als je het daar niet mee eens bent ga je maar lekker terug naar de woestijn waar je vandaan komt
>>
>>129225220
I agree with this, I value those aspects much more than food, music and folk dancing. But I do think those kinds of things help to create a more overt culture which people would likely be more willing to defend. I don't care for them, I think they are trivial and honestly quite lame, but I do think they are important to lots of other people and therefore have a very important societal function. This is why the Nazi's spent so much effort on introducing or reintroducing aspects of ancient Germanic culture in their contemporary society.
>>
>>129225565
Goed argument gozer. 10 punten.
>>
>>129199610
Your culture is not only about art and history, it is also alive in architecture, food, language, rythm of living, the way you look, the smell of your town/country, the nature you take care of, the way you built your land with polder, the songs, the sunlight you are used to, the way you hate/love your country. Your culture is the way you live, if you don't fight for it you become a slave
>>
>>129199610
Go live a broad for a year and don't return for even a second to this country for that year.

Then come back, and you'll notice the difference immediately.
>>
>>129200393
Also that. OP, you're male, from a middle class family, from a neighbourhood with relatively few non-whites. Your classmates were white. You had a "normal" life.

But none of those things are "normal" on a global scale. A lot of people fought and died to make it that way, and a lot of people still work themselves to an early grave to keep it that way.
>>
>>129200430
Sinterklaas is the continuation of an Indo-European changing-of-the-seasons festival, analogous to Nowruz in Iran.

The serious old man represents winter, and the blackened young man in the bright clothes represents spring.

The festival is held around the time when the days are shortests, the nights are longest and the cold is most intense, because after the festival the days will start getting longer and the nights will start getting shorter again.

The Marxists aren't just after some 200-year-old children's festival now. They're after the tangible remnants of a Neolithic/Bronze Age culture whose influence extends from Iceland to India.
>>
>>129225803
This I agree with, but it's good to have more concrete and overt cultural aspects, simply to help people identify with it easier.

>>129225938
I've done that, not quite a year, it was 10 months in France. My French isn't great and the French seem tpo value this highly, so I mostly hung out with people from all over the world. what I noticed was that they have a lot of overt cultural practices that we don't have, but not nearly as many (still some, of course) that we have and they don't.

>>129226114
I'm from a lower class family with divorced parents, grew up in The Hague. In primary school about half of my classmates were non-white, in high school about 1/3rd (VWO). In my neighbourhood it was about half too, a bit more now.
>>
>>129199610

Jij persoonlijk bent het probleem. Jij persoonlijk weet helemaal niets over Nederland. Je laat beinvloeden door de linkse propaganda, met kreten zoals de Nederlander bestaat niet. Mensen zoals jij hebben we niet nodig. Kys.
>>
>>129225220
brilliant. This is it exactly. The civic institutions are the foundational glue. Every Western nation has these, but they're invisible to nearly all.
>>
>>129226850
>10 months in France.
Do one year in Kenya and get back to us.
>>
>>129199610
fuck off back to your dump bitch
>>
>>129226636
I thought zwarte piet was added around 1850. Am I wrong?

>>129226886
Kom met argumenten, heb geen tijd voor onzin als dit.

>>129227045
Did you? What did you see that contradicts what I say?

>>129227075
> American
> Thread about culture
kek
>>
>>129199610

Sage

Lefties city cuck trying trap /pol/
>>
>>129227689
Farmer boy who has never met anyone who isn't at least a 3rd cousin.
>>
>>129199610
>Netherlands
>Culture
How can you be proud of something you never had? LMAO
>>
File: 1415790842633.gif (500KB, 215x219px) Image search: [Google]
1415790842633.gif
500KB, 215x219px
>>129199610
>but I don't identify with this because it's too long ago. I'm talking about the period after WW2

>culture stops being relevant because I don't identify with it, and it was a looooong time ago (70 years)

>t. beta the cuck
>>
>>129227644
>I thought zwarte piet was added around 1850. Am I wrong?
Zwarte Piet is the specific character then used to fill that particular role. You should look at Hajji Firooz from the festival of Nowruz if you want to see a different regional variation on that character.
>>
File: 1495638101638.png (3KB, 312x312px) Image search: [Google]
1495638101638.png
3KB, 312x312px
>>129220449
nice try little fucker
>>129220644
you're not supposed to pay taxes at all conditions. period.
>>
>>129227871
You may shit on the farmers, but without the farmers no society would survive. The farmers are infinitely more valuable to a society than desk jockeys like your father.
>>
>>129228243
You're not one to talk, burger.
>>
I totally understand his sentiment. But when your society and culture is all fucked up with leftists and people indulging in silly social/psychological fads, just focus on family or your immediate group.

When a culture goes tits-up, focus on self-preservation.

Whites lost confidence in their ideals in the 20th century. Marxism, despite 100 Million dead, is still seen as cutting edge or a "better option". Orientalism, or loving the "other" while hating oneself is seen as enlightened.

Whites are disloyal, independent and deserve to have their cultures destroyed.

Niggers, Hispanics and Muslims stick together as a unified force. Only Whites splinter and turn on each other.
>>
>>129228413
What was passed down to me as my culture was only done by those I have actually grown up around. If they don't pass it down, I have no culture.

>>129228415
Added to my tabs for later reading. I wouldn't claim that Sinterklaas isn't a part of Dutch culture though, don't get me wrong.

>>129228498
They are the basis, you need good "desk jockeys" to actually organize it in an efficient manner. You're not getting anywhere with just farmers either. It was just a bant though, I have no problem with farmers. And Dutch farmers are amazingly good at what they do.

>>129228582
We did become good at fighting wars and dominating the world because of this, though. And since WW2 whites have hardly been fighting other whites. Before that though, it was perpetual warfare between us.
>>
File: DEEPGREEN.png (168KB, 908x685px) Image search: [Google]
DEEPGREEN.png
168KB, 908x685px
>>129229442
don't talk to this guy
he's a a known butthurt kike and a fag to boot
>oy vey shut it down
ABORT THREAD, EVERYONE
>>
File: 1485530482634.jpg (57KB, 478x720px) Image search: [Google]
1485530482634.jpg
57KB, 478x720px
You don't see your own culture because you are too used to it.

Kinda like semantic satiation

"Semantic satiation. Semantic satiation (also semantic saturation) is a psychological phenomenon in which repetition causes a word or phrase to temporarily lose meaning for the listener, who then perceives the speech as repeated meaningless sounds."

Also why the fuck is there so many fags here?
>>
>>129229763
Need a new loan yet? We've got it for you, but you need to ask very nicely.
>>
File: Jews_Burn_in_Hell.jpg (226KB, 994x546px) Image search: [Google]
Jews_Burn_in_Hell.jpg
226KB, 994x546px
>>129230103
your skull is thick kike and your skill is low
>OY VEY SHUT IT DOWN
bring the kike down , let's go people
>>
>>129200430
What is a relevant culture according to you?
American culture?, Italian culture?, British culture?
>>
File: immigrants_rioter.jpg (31KB, 450x303px) Image search: [Google]
immigrants_rioter.jpg
31KB, 450x303px
>>129199610
Good boy, you should accept Islamic culture since you have none of your own.
>>
>>129202369
Spain have us catholicism and their language and how did that work?

Latin Americans have forever ruined the Spanish language, and even the image of Spain.
>>
>>129199610
Your fault is that you're Protestant and Calvinist. Any such culture will have flaws
>>
>>129230910
I'm not a jew, but will still loan you some money if you need it. Really, just get over the shame and ask nicely.
>>129230950
British and Italian yes, American no. America has the same problem I'm describing, only much worse.

>>129231172
Got a Korean girl from tinder coming over tonight (hopefully). Never tried Korean before.
>>
>>129210580
You are justo a faggot that wants to be all nihilistic about tour country, a coward that would rather pretende that his culture does not matter rather than defender it. How happy would i be to be a parte of a country like yours with a developed culture, long history los of artista and scientists etc but here i an in a country that has none of that and yet i think muy culture deserves a place in this world with no reason other than it is muy culture you can be selfish about it.
>>
>>129231388
Islamic culture is much worse than no culture.

>>129231595
I'm not so sure they ruined the image of Spain, I think most people view them as completely seperate from Latin America.

>>129231852
Probably true, Calvinism is about humility which doesn't go together with extravagant celebrations for example.
>>
>>129231999
What do you know about Dutch culture? Enlighten me as to why I'm wrong.
>>
Do u understand that simply having a clean, safe society where you can afford to let your guard down and not worry about being killed by brown people is a huge part of white culture?
>>
File: how to deal w.kikes.jpg (21KB, 465x426px) Image search: [Google]
how to deal w.kikes.jpg
21KB, 465x426px
>>129231927
what's that kike
>rinse and repeat ?
you're the same dutch kike with yesterday
there's also a swede kike, an australian kike, a fucking norwegian kike and even a bulgarian kike
>wtf get them out of here

SHUT HIM DOWN
>>
>>129199610
Regardless of whether your culture is good or bad, what is about to replace it is definitely much, much worse. That should be enough of a reason to care.
>>
>>129232553
Ok, I can see that. But this is not a very obvious cultural thing. Wouldn't it help to have a more overt culture, like the Nazi's tried to create? It would be something more obvious and concrete to fight for, and thus we'd have more people fighting for it.
>>
>>129232944
I don't disagree with this, good point.
>>
>>129232405
Calvinism is about greed and self justification. There were humility and financial discipline to it but in the end what was left was treating the state and secular elite as creators of norms and blind obedience, as in every Protestant cuntry. Now I'd say that many Protestants are simply immoral and evil people
>>
>>129199610
>Our thing is business, not silly rituals or customs.
Culture goes beyond that, culture also entails behaviour and common values.
The dutch are pretty good when it comes to free speech, they can take a joke and will deal them as well. They have strong work-ethics:plenty of lazy fucks, but compared to "warmer" countries, they are pretty productive people.
>>
File: 1489298525274.jpg (69KB, 1719x1719px) Image search: [Google]
1489298525274.jpg
69KB, 1719x1719px
This fucking pisses me off so much.

These fucking nihilistic wankers always trying to deconstruct everything to pieces, but only ever for concepts the leftist establishment frowns upon. They somehow never seem to be half a percent as interested in deconstructing the retarded notions of mass immigration or socialism and massive state control of every aspect of life, those things are just fine and don't need any critical light at all, no we have to fully deconstruct the notion of culture, tribe, sovereignty etc. and get bogged down in the cultural significance of chocolate fucking sprinkles.

You faggots truly are a cancer on this nation. And FUCK government education for churning you cunts out by the bucket load.
>>
File: oy+vey.png (155KB, 428x546px) Image search: [Google]
oy+vey.png
155KB, 428x546px
>>129233365
that's pretty accurate there brother, also can be extended to cover for all protestant cultures
>>129233047
pff obvious kikery
>REMEMBER THE DUTCH KIKE GUIS
HE ROAMS /POL/ EVERY FKN DAY
>>
I guess it all depends on what you define as "culture". It's not an easy thing to do.
>>
File: MiÅ›.jpg (30KB, 570x521px) Image search: [Google]
MiÅ›.jpg
30KB, 570x521px
>>129233047
>Wouldn't it help to have a more overt culture, like the Nazi's tried to create?
"Creating" culture, just like getting rid of culture, is retarded in general. Culture is a natural, self-emergent part of every society. Yes, it is inspired by work of individuals, but whether the general public accepts it as their own or not depends on many factors.
Any form of cultural enforcement will be dysfunctional at best, and a horrible failure at worst.
This is also why a cultureless society is an impossibility, because the moment you clear that cultural slot in a given society it is bound to be quickly filled with something else. Can't keep it empty.
Look at Sweden. They tried to get rid of all the nationalistic/racist/xenophobic/patriotic/native perceptions and now they have politicians openly claiming that "Ramadan is a Swedish custom".
Culture is a force and it doesn't suffer cavities, it fills them.
>>
>>129233365
Sounds pretty accurate. However, I'm not religious but a lot of bad things can be said about the Vatican as well.

>>129233684
That's true, but I think those things are a little too abstract to have an effective uniting effect.

>>129233932
When did I ever say something endorsing mass immigration or state control? You have a wrong perception of me.
>>
>>129234938
This is interesting, and I tend to agree. But then, what are the options if your culture (1) isn't that extensive in terms of overt practice of it, (2) isn't very important to your people and (3) is being replaced by something worse? You can at least try to have government pay more attention to those cultural aspects that are still intact.
>>
Ok so Korean chick apperantly thought we were meeting tomorrow, so I can stay here and discuss with you motherfuckers all night.
>>
>>129235368
>That's true, but I think those things are a little too abstract to have an effective uniting effect.
Not too sure about that, being half-dutch I spend a lot of time in the Netherlands and compared to belgians there's a stronger "us" feeling. To be honest, I spend more time in the smaller towns: but smaller towns tend to have a stronger community feeling in any country. I do believe the small town mentality reflects the country's culture better than what you see in cities.
>>
>>129199610
It's not about if you care about your culture. It's that you have the freedom to celebrate it. If arab culture takes over then you won't have the freedom to choose to practice your culture and traditions, you'll be forced to practice theirs or else they'll throw you in sharia jail son. The problem with middle eastern culture is the authority and violence that comes with it.

You DONT need to wear wooden shoes. But you're gonna have to fast during Ramadan and pray 5 times every day to Mecca. Choose wisely, swampnigger
>>
>>129238523
The fjördnigger has a point there.
>>
>>129238523

Yes. Your culture is one of having the freedom to publicly ponder whether or not your culture is worth your time and effort. In other cultures you would be killed for asking the question.
>>
>>129237786
Hmm, I have spent a year in Tilburg, which is a smallish town, and I did notice that this feeling does seem to be much stronger there. Just out of curiosity, how would you feel about Flanders rejoining the Netherlands? To be honest having a bilingual country seems inefficient.

>>129238523
Can't really disagree with this. But I do think people would be less accepting of Islamic culture replacing our own if ours was a bit more extensive and practiced more. I think we would resist Ramadan more for example, if we still practiced our Easter fasting period.
>>
>>129199610
OP, I am under the impression that it's not a case of not finding value in your culture, but that instead you're idolizing other cultures - whatever culture means to you. I ask you this: is Brazil, for example, more cultured than the Netherlands? I certainly would say that we have a culture, a comment that probably will stir an outrage in some /pol/shitposters that look at the world through 1st/2nd/3rd world lenses. Yet I would never say that we don't have one, however shitty it might be in some cases.

Why do you think people from all over the world travel to Amsterdam? To visit a boring place and do drugs? Well yes, I can't contest the latter, but you gotta consider what is implied here: the Netherlands offers safety, freedom and civilized amenities that you should not take for granted. Taking it for granted just gives off the impression that even though you lauded your country for its "impressive history", you don't respect it as much as it should be respected. Also, you criticize in the same breath the fact that your country seems to focus too much on money and practical business while at the same time condemning it for being boring, it seems to me (I might be wrong) that in your mind you create a representation of the Dutch culture (partially applicable to WASP culture as well) as something boring and at its essence materialistic, which leaves me thinking that you might essentialize non-western, non-european cultures as deep and meaningful. It's more than rituals and traditions, which abound in the East, yes, but if you ever feel that you lack culture, next time you leave your house and draw a deep and relaxing breath while enjoying your beautiful architecture, or hell, think about the polder, which came from a dutch mind - bear in mind that it's your culture that you're breathing in. Every people does things differently, that's your culture.
I apologize for having written this piece of shit so hastily.
>>
>>129202369
>No rich cuisine
You have some of the best cheese in the world. Gouda is awesome.

> No strong family ties
That is why my dad, whose parents were from Holland, keeps in touch with his cousins half way across the world. Because no strong family ties. That is why my dad took my siblings and I to meet all of his relatives in the Netherlands and Belgium. That is why my dad's relatives travelled half way across the world to see us in Canada on numerous occasions. From what I gather about the Dutch community here is that a lot of them are keeping in touch with their families in the Netherlands. The Dutch don't advertise it but they do have strong family ties.

You might not think your culture matters because you still have it. New Dutch will not share your culture or values. They will have no respect for your culture. You will lose aspects of your culture you never knew you had. Your culture is far better than the alternative coming in from the Middle East of Africa. Take it from someone living the multicultural nightmare: Protect your culture.
>>
>>129239301
Also, it seems to me that you're creating a bond too strong between religion and culture. If that's the case you're screwed, because I don't think a Christian revival is plausible in the mostly atheistic Europe, which leaves Islam as the only culture left. I think that this is above all a problem at the individual level, it is you that is rebelling against some kind of meaninglessness derived from our materialistic and for-profit world.
>>
>>129239600
That's a nice post. You're a voice of calmness. I've dated a girl from your country, from Fortaleza. She was much more spiritual than the average Dutch person, and not materialistic at all. I wouldn't say though that Dutch people themselves are very materialistic. In fact we are pretty modest and excesses are frowned upon. But we are very focused on the physical and the here and now. We are a very rational and somewhat cold people. We don't focus much on our history either, we try to make sensible decisions for the present and future and try to create the best possible living conditions for ourselves and our children. While I understand that this IS our culture, it's not a very "cultured" culture, if you understand what I mean. We don't focus so much on things that are bigger than ourselves. While it works pretty efficiently, and created a super comfy place to live, I do feel like it's somewhat lacking in the more spiritual sense, which I believe is a natural part of human beings, though not necessarily accurate. I think we are a succesful nation by any measurable standards, but lacking in meaning.
>>
>>129240680
Well, most cultures are largely derived from religion. We substitute it with modernism, but modernism doesn't adress some of the issues that religion adresses. It's also not as motivating.
>>
File: 4CHAN.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
4CHAN.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
>>129241794
shut up already kike
>>129240680
you forget Easter Orthodox , don't be surprised if in two decades , appalled by the scandals of the vatican and the general degeneracy instilled by leftwing politicos, the europopulace turns to Eastern Orthodoxy
>just look at Russia, after 70 years of atheism got Christianity going full-on
>>
>>129200393

THIS! You need to understand this!
>>
>>129239600
>>129239600

>we have a culture,
>we have a culture,

>>129241794

Fodase até o random holandês neet que está a ter uma crise existencial a postar no /pol/ já fodeu uma brasileira. Boa """Culture""" fodase

Brazil culture = women with big ass who lose virginity at 12
>>
>>129219114
Have you travelled at all OP? If not you should have never have made this thread. Spend time in other countries. Observe how the day to day interactions of Americans, Chinese, Swedes, Berbers etc and you'll soon realize you are off in an abstract world of generalizations. Culture isn't history, its a living practice.
>>
>>129240290
Again. This as well
>>
>>129199610
What is culture to you?
>>
>>129240290
We do have nice cheese. But obviously we are going to have some nice things, you can't be a former superpower and current first world nation and not leave behind anything of significance. We could debate the significance of Gouda cheese, but that's not a very productive debate. Personally I think something like pasta carbonara, blanquette de veau or an Indian curry is much more impressive. We do things simply and efficiently, not extravagantly.

As for family ties, that's nice that you have strong ones, but from what I see around me that's quite rare. The most poignant example is the rate at which we put our elders in nursing homes, and the staggering loneliness of elders.
>>
>>129241794
>Fortaleza
Was she Christian? Did you take the time to visit Pernambuco and see what your people did there? If you didn't you should.

I think I understand what you mean, and this is where I find that you might end up essentializing other cultures. Reading your post suggests the idea that you would value places like India or cultures that rely heavily on spirituality - anything from buddhism, orthodoxy (Judaism or Eastern Christianity), Hinduism, etc.

Your post seems to carry with it a call for help, from an individual trying to escape atomization in a meaningless world. However, the fault here lies not on Netherlands for its supposed lack of culture - meaninglessness is everywhere it seems, or at least everywhere in the western world. Also, nothing is stopping you from searching for meaning for yourself, although, from the looks of it, you want to have a "shared meaning" for all the dutch people.
>>
>>129242338
I didn't forget it, tbf I think that at this time I would prefer orthodoxy. But I don't think it would apply so quickly to Netherlands.
>>
>>129199610

So what is wrong with industriousness as a culture? It creates a good environment for any children you might have. We still find the time to enjoy ourselves aside from working.

A good life for your children, that's worth fighting for. That needs ethnic cohesion.

Even if non gypsy western and oriental immigrants are economically useful in the short term, the loss of ethnic cohesion makes any kind of national culture impossible ... even if it's just business.
>>
>>129242432
What's the point of this post?
Why are you so triggered by sex?
>>
>>129242460
I've traveled quite a bit. I understand this. Of course we do have a culture, any place where you put more than one person will develop a culture. What I'm saying is that ours isn't very extensive, isn't very consciously practiced, and isn't very universal among our population.

>>129243001
This is of course a very important question and I should have been more clear on this from the beginning. To me it's a shared identity, set of values, customs and habits, and view of one's place in the universe. I think all of these are either fairly weak and underdeveloped, or not very widespread in the Netherlands.
>>
>>129221775
we never occupied luxemburg?
>>
>>129199610
There are a lot of things we dont realize are our culture and some might argue its not even Dutch culture its West european culture with a Dutch character. If you moved for example to the USA or Poland a lot of things we probably dont realize are different there. And even if you dont want to fight to keep Dutch culture fight because you dont want muslim or african culture flooding our country. Surely you dont want your grandchildren to pray to Allah and wear a headscarf.
>>
>>129242093
What do you think of Japan? Do you think Japan is a story of success, a society that managed to build a cohesion, a shared identity and a set of values regardless of religion?
>>
>>129244586

I think their retarded language and script helped immensely.

The harder it is to learn English the safer you are from jews.
>>
>>129243562
She was part of this sect which takes ayahuasca. I forgot the name. She did say it was Christian, but from what I've read ayahuasca is actually the main focus. I've never visited Brazil, she was my flatmate here in Holland.
It's not that I value those societies more. In fact if I'm completely honest I value them less because they achieve less in the physical form, and I'm not a very spiritual person. It's also not about myself seeking meaning, but about a clear sense of meaning being useful for society. The most impressive feats of humanity have been achieved by populations strongly believing in something, whether it be the Nazi's building up a superpower within a few years, or the ancient Egyptians building something seemingly way too hard to even attempt with the technology they had.
>>
>>129244140
What are your values? Are you the only one who share these values? How are said values shaping you and everyone (society) around you?
>>
>>129199610
Visit some american dutch immigrant towns. Frankenmuth in michigan, holland michigan, pella iowa. Beautiful places, and youll appreciate it. Most of dutch americans ive met were very proud of their heritage.
>>
File: IMG_8100.jpg (151KB, 930x774px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8100.jpg
151KB, 930x774px
>>129199610

SO YOU ARE A JEW YOU MEAN
>>
>>129243976
There's nothing wrong with it if it's a part of your culture. In fact it's probably the best thing to have in your culture, because look at how we live. It's fucking awesome. But I think it makes a society fragile if doesn't do things like hold lots of ceremonies, parades, big public holiday celebrations, daily shared habits and customs, etc. Look at how easily we surrendered in WW2. The Germans bombed once city and that was that. Mudslimes have their countries bombed to shit and still don't surrender.
>>
>>129237282
>You can at least try to have government pay more attention to those cultural aspects that are still intact.
Yes, of course. But any kind of cultural promotion needs to properly resonate in the populace. If it doesn't, it can backfire.
So I guess culture is, to an extent, something inherently democratic. And subconscious.
>>
>>129244450
I'll fight for that. I'm afraid most of my countrymen won't though. And that's my main concern.
>>
>>129244890
Santo Daime? Just like everything in Brazil, syncretic to the bone.

So you're looking for something that could unite the dutch in order to achieve an unspecified goal? You should ask youself, before anything else, what is this thing that you yearn for and why. The typical unifying trend here seems to be the fight between a perceived Western civilization and the islamic world. It is around this myth, so to speak, that /pol/ and right-wing narratives are being built, which is why you were called a coward and a cuck a couple of times in this thread, apparently for not being on board with this project.
>>
>>129244586
Japanese people have a much more distinct culture. Most aspects of Dutch culture can be found in surrounding countries too. They also seem to have a much more strict social code, involving lots of little rituals (which I feel are stupid, but still important). It also might not be a really religious country, but it is a very spiritual one. I think Dutch people tend to not even really think much about spirituality, and most have abandoned it completely in favor of the here and now and their personal situation.
>>
>>129245134
Well, I could get into all of my values but that would take days. And this kind of illustrates my point; we don't really have any highly universally shared core values like you would have in a religion. Everything is up for debate. If you asked a devout Christian, Muslim, or most other religions what their values are, you would probably get an answer that summarizes the religion like 99% of the time. In Holland (not only Holland of course), you will get 100 different answers.
>>
>>129199610
Well here is one way of looking at it.

Do you want to live/deal with the immigrants culture or live like you do now? Because I can guarantee they are fond of what they consider their culture and will want you to conform to it eventually.

Personally, even though I don't care that much about my culture at the end of the day, I'd rather not be surrounded by a bunch of fucking savages and their backwards bullshit.
>>
>>129245655

Same here. I feel no connection at all with our country or traditions at this moment (also fuck the monarchy). But I'll fight for a muslim free country (if we ever get the chance)
>>
>>129245328
That's another thing. We don't really identify with them. It's kind of similar with South Africa. The descendants of the Dutch there still identify themselves with the Dutch, but the Dutch tend to kind of forget that we have ethnic Dutch living in different places too. I almost never hear anyone talk about them. Compare that to Turkey for example, they talk about their diaspora a lot, even wanted to come here to rally support for Erdogan among Dutch Turks. We would probably never go rally support among people in our diaspora for something that's happening here.
>>
>>129246869
I feel like sentiment like op is prevalent in western society. For me, gook expat living in burgerland for a decade, am in no way amused by those so called easterb culture - for i know that the asians dont have soul - yes, even the modern japanese. For me, my christian faith helped a lot. There was a quote like from st hugh, wgere it reads like, i find my home not on The earth, but in heaven. Btw ,see my previous commebt. Travel american dutch towns, visit if you have ajy , american relatives.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (160KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
160KB, 1280x720px
>>129245655
>>129247229
>>
>>129246261

>Just like everything in Brazil, syncretic to the bone.

And it's a fucking shithole.

There is no such thing as a "narrative" when the fucking rapefugees rape your friends/family, the fact that we both live in a third world shithole where no one wants to move doesn't make us great in any way shape or form.
>>
>>129247310
Yeah, the more westernized u get, less patriotic you get - with the exception of american south. Dutch have built great civilizatiob. U should be proud of it, but most of all, remember that all of this doesnt really matter compared to eternal life, if u r a believer.
>>
>>129199610
Dig deeper my dude
>>
>>129246869
This line of thinking confuses me a little bit. What do you mean by saying that a devout Christian or Muslim can 100% affirm their values, as if all Christian shared the same values? Plus, what would be the values of a Christian Dutch? His dutch identity, completely devoid of meaning, is subordinate to his Christian identity and values? This seems to transfer the problem mostly to the dutch nonbelievers (you included?) which, without the support of a religion, would look for concepts like the nation /state as a source of meaning, creating some sort of civic religion.

(as a sidenote, be glad that you're not canadian)
>>
>>129245550
It's mostly an organic thing, yes. But in my opinion it can be guided somewhat. But this is where we get to the core argument of to what extent societies are makeable, which might be a bit too much.

>>129246261
It wasn't Santo Daime I think. Its name was an abbreviation. They had churches all over the world, including Amsterdam.

I'm looking for something to unite the Dutch to be more resilient to any threat, whether it be Islam (yes, I do believe this threat is overestimated on this board, but existant nonetheless). A commonly percieved enemy (such as Islam) does unite people. But unity shouldn't be dependant on a common enemy being present. That is a weak and fragile form of unity.
>>
>no culture
>kroket and stroopwafels are two of the best food inventions know to mankind
shut up bitch
>>
>>129246869
That's what's great with Holland. There is room for debate, people can disagree and still live in peace with each other.

The problem with religion, especially monotheistic religions, is that it deals in absolutes, even though something might be immoral or unjust. This is why most of the famous atheists are more fond of polytheism, they are more man-like in the way they haw flaws.

The values of freedom, and maybe most importantly, freedom of speech. With freedom of speech, which basically is a free market of ideas, is one of the foundations of the society you're living in now.

I believe that Holland has core values, values that people are dying for every day. Even dying to obtain those core values, or dying to keep them.

How are most people in Holland treating each other? My guess is that they treat one another with respect and don't try to bother other people, ie. "...your freedom ends where freedom my begins..."

Am I wrong? If so, how?
>>
>>129247131
As it is now I'm fine, I live in a city with more than 50% non-native Dutch and I find no problems to speak of so far. But I don't want Islam to be dominant, and that's where we are heading.
>>
>>129247229
Finally someone who can confirm this is an actual phenomenon and not just me.
>>
>>129247459
I never said syncretism is necessarily good, nor that I live in fucking Eldorado. And there is clearly a "narrative", you shouldn't take it as something derogatory, what is derogatory is not acting upon it and resisting. You're a fucking faggot for being offended by a word and quickly painting me with the wrong hues (pun intended), but I like you all the same for sharing the plight that is being latin american. And always have in mind that we, historically, already did our part in taking in large masses of people. We were once a promising place, a possibility of an utopia.
>>
>>129199610
>I don't see anything in Dutch culture that is so important that it's actually worth getting upset over.
That's because you take it for granted. You're gonna notice it when islam takes it over.

You're like a fish saying "I don't see anything worth preserving in water".
>>
>>129247319
It's great that your Christian faith helped a lot, and I wish it could help us, but the problem is that most of us (including me) simply don't believe it even if we would like to.
>>
>>129244392
Are you retarded? The only reason luxemburg exists is because they became independent from us after the "belgian" "revolution".
>>
>>129247537
I'm not a believer though, in that sense I'm an average Dutch person. I don't think religion is necessary for me as an individual to be happy and live morally just though, but I do think it performs an important societal function which we have failed to replace properly after the rise of atheism.
>>
>>129202369
You're a fucking imbecile. The mere fact that you can dress and speak however you please is already a conquest not enjoyed by 99% of the humans that ever lived. And you can do so much more stuff. Reading, watching, drinking and eating whatever you want without censorship because some religious twat decided it's haram, enjoying medical research impossible under muslim rules because it's "evil" knowledge that must be stunted, etc.

You have no fucking idea how good dutch culture is, imbecile. Try living in a muslim shithole for a few months.
>>
>>129199610
>So tell me /pol/, why should I be proud of my culture and why should I care about it eroding?
Please kill yourself.
>>
>>129245328
that's the same for almost all immigrants. in fact immigrants hold on to values/traditions of origin much stronger for several reasons.

and the more problematic integration is in any country, the stronger these values are pursued.
if these values also have a strong religious background then there's reason for concern.

for example only about 20% of Turks in Turkey regularly visit a mosque.
over 70% abroad often visit a mosque.

immigrants from any background tend to be more spastic about identity. the further away from your culture you go (dutch/japan) the more more spastic one becomes.
the closer one stays (dutch/usa) the more and indent has room to breath and adapt.
>>
>>129199610
Yeah right. Wait until nobody in town speaks your native language, you lose out on job opportunities or promotions because of your (indigenous) ethnicity or you become a victim of crime by someone who should have never been in your country in the first place. Youll think twice about the benefits in regards to maintaining your culture.
>>
File: cultural_iceberg.jpg (86KB, 500x616px) Image search: [Google]
cultural_iceberg.jpg
86KB, 500x616px
>>129199610
>culture is eating cookies and holidays
>>
>>129247941
>>129248285
I think that this is widespread, I for one feel the same way. But the problem is not exactly cultural, but how to bring a nation together. I'm amazed that Europe keeps giving in more and more to Islam each day (and I don't say this with a hint of glee, were I European I'd probably be a rabid patriot), but in the end I think it is anti-islamism that will finally bring people together. An artificial cultural construct simply doesn't seem viable or pesuasive enough, while the very real threat of sharia, assault trucks and bombs point very clearly to an antagonist for this narrative. The sense of belonging seems to be more easily built, in the situation you find yourselves in, on the opposition against a real enemy.
>>
>>129247877
I don't mean to say 100% of Christians share the same exact beliefs. But their core beliefs, and their views on what the ultimate purpose of their existance is, is gonna be similar. And this is the most profound shared belief you can have.

And yes, without religion I feel like there should be something else to unite us in that sense, whether it be a nation state, a culture to be proud of and practiced widely and passionately, or anything of equal (experienced) importance. Religion has filled that role for millenia, nation-states have filled that role for centuries at best. It's not quite developed to where it's as effective in uniting people as religion.
>>
When your daughter is getting sold to the highest bidder while your son is getting his head cut off, maybe youll reconsider
>>
revival is the only way to save us. do research. mobilize people. and action.
>>
>>129248132
We treat each other pretty well, and living here is obviously pretty nice currently. And I'm not saying we have the worst of societies or cultures. But I have this feeling we are fragile because our culture doesn't encourage unity or group identity. I think we can be easily divided and conquered because of this.
>>
>>129249081
most western values come from the Christian faiths though, almost all our morals, laws, the way we treat each other and others, how we setup society, governments etc etc.
it all comes from Christian fundamentals.

so you're much more in tune with religion (heritage) then you might think.

and its only been the last few decades that we have moved away from being Christians into....I dunno. social liberalism I guess.
>>
>>129250208
That's true. But it's eroding. And it's not eroding in one direction, it's eroding into lots of different directions which I fear is ultimately going to create a very divided. incohesive and fragile nation.
>>
>>129248610
I'm not saying Islam is better. It's clearly worse. That doesn't mean ours is good, because comparing to Islam sets a very low standard. What the Muslims do have in their favor, is their unity. And it's doing a lot of damage, because it's a very powerful concept.
>>
There's plenty to be grateful for, but nothing to be proud of.

Nothing wrong with feeling that way, honestly.
>>
>>129249114
You now seem to be equating the renaissance completely to Dutch culture. Not only is renaissance thinking not exclusive to the Netherlands, it's only part of the foundation of our culture.
>>
>>129250520
that depends what you are afraid of exactly.

I for one am more concerned that unbalanced mass immigration will erode our consensus-culture, which I think is the thing we should be most proud of, then that I'm worried that other cultural influences will sink in the Dutch identity.
in some respect cultural influence IS the Dutch identity, we've been look outwards for as long as we exist.

So if 'it' is eroding in several direction I'm not too worried.
I would get concerned if it was only eroding in one direction.

and we've always been divided lol. until we finally agree. the consensus culture.
>>
>>129249344
Again, so many people making this fallacy. Just because the culture threatening ours is worse, doesn't mean ours is very good. If ours was so good we would be more resilient to that threat in the first place.
>>
lol
desu is het wel grappig dat ik als buitenlander meer respect heb voor nederlandse cultuur dan wat ik van nederlandse jongeren zie.
>>
It isn't just about that. You wanna get raped an killed by Muslims you fucking faggot? It's basic survival. If you don't have even the slightest bit of will to live why are you still alive?
>>
>>129251063
Very well said.
>>
File: ilmavoimat.jpg (155KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ilmavoimat.jpg
155KB, 1920x1080px
>>129200430
>zwarte piet
It' s a symbol of your culture being overthrown by a progressivist agenda in which no tradition can be tolerated. You should fight tooth and nail to preserve it just to show the world that you're not gonna willingly take it up the ass on your knees with your pants down. Dutch culture isn't just wooden clogs, windmills and legal weed, it's something that permeates your entire society, something that manifests itself in the very way you think and feel about the world. And as others have pointed out, you won't even know how good you had it until you've lost it.

I would advise you to live elsewhere for a while. Living abroad is the best way to make you realize just how much the culture of your home country affects your quality of life, both directly and indirectly. And while you're at it, I would advise you to read up on your history, as you seem to be fairly oblivious to anything that happened in Netherlands before the 1940s. Re-connect with your history and the history of your nation.

Pic related is the Finnish Airforce flag, designed in 1918. I'm very proud that we've kept it despite the push to get rid of swastikas after 1945. After all we've had it longer than the NSDAP has been a thing. Meanwhile in Sweden, they decided to neuter the lion on their army's coat of arms. Guess which insignia I respect more?
>>
>>129251268
The job of every generation is to revivify their culture. You are living on the bones of your ancestors. Just because your people won't preserve what their ancestors died for, doesn't mean they died for nothing.

Disgusting
>>
>>129250163
I think what's conquering you, is politically correct speech. This is not free speech. PC-language is actually pretty neat invention in secular societies, it's basically an unwritten blasphemy law.

"That looks like a nice education and nice reputation, it's a shame if someone would that worthless."

Politically correct speech killed one of your politicians a few years ago, Pim Fortuyn. Just look up how the MSM and the left demonized and misrepresented him, enough 'til some crazy lunatic killed Pim for being "literally Hitler".

I think this is part of the problem of why you feel the way you do. Dutch culture isn't allowed out in the open because of PC-language, and it would "be offensive to minorities."

Also, you're educational system plays a big role in why you feel you have no culture, maybe they didn't teach it to you at school.

You should probably educate yourself on Dutch culture, and how it came about.
>>
>>129199610
This isnt your personal blog, now fuck off.
>>
>>129250798
tha lack of unity has a reason though, for us and many European countries its because of ww1 and 2 and the knowledge that unity as a nation is simply too dangerous.
we've had enough of that, so patriotism and nationalism are things that are not being promoted and often even frowned upon or as in some Scandinavian countries even perceive as wrong and dangerous.

our history dictates our current state of mind and you can clearly see how in countries where this is promoted it also causes massive problems.
and not just instamatic countries, or china/Russia, also the USA has nationalistic tendencies and often this results in foreign warfare where things might or might not be just/legal but it can happen anyways because the American mind is not raised to stand up and question its own behaviour, it assumes it is right.
>>
>>129251194
That's what I'm concerned about too, cultural influences coming in so strongly that they snuff out the Dutch culture. Yes, tolerance of cultural influence IS our culture indeed, but replacing ours with another is a loss for humanity and especially for us lol. My fear is that Dutch culture isn't strong enough to resist the influence of another when this influence becomes too big.
>>
>>129251797
I think that's true, and I think they are right that it can be dangerous. The extreme opposite might be even more dangerous though, as long as other groups remain violent.
>>
>>129251539
>Meanwhile in Sweden, they decided to neuter the lion on their army's coat of arms.
It was such a majestic creature, unjustly emasculated by the scalpels of political correctness and gender fanatiscism. Not even the banner carried by our soldiers of old into war, stained with the blood of young farmer boys as they died for their country, is holy to them anymore. Forgive us.
>>
>>129251638
This is true. One way we might possibly get out of that, if we're lucky, is if those mainly protected by PC start getting less and less PC themselves, and expect the same of us, so we can have honest and fiery discussion again.
>>
OP is a cuck; at least celebrate western values.
People like you are making Europe shit
https://youtu.be/7P2fJ4iuxTo
>>
>>129251638
meh, Pim Fortuyn was way ahead of his time, if you hear our politicians now its equal or even more extreme. and I'm not talking about the pvv either.

in fact, Denmark or Sweden recently asked for Geert Wilders to be handed over for hate speech in their country but according to the dutch laws his speech did not break dutch laws so he wasn't handed over.

there's a difference in what we (and you) see in the media and tell each other all the time and the real society where things are slightly different and relaxed.

our laws state you can insult so and so. and no matter how hard msm or anyone shouts its wrong and 'they' should be jailed, no1 is getting jailed for it, because laws.

so the narrative might be bad, but reality aint that bad at all.
>>
>>129252401
I celebrate western values but not silly cultural quirks, even though I feel we all should and have more of them.
>>
>>129252647
If I remember correctly:

Pim once said, if he got killed, it would be the medias fault.

Never listen to what Sweden says.
>>
>>129239301
>Just out of curiosity, how would you feel about Flanders rejoining the Netherlands? To be honest having a bilingual country seems inefficient.
I'd be pretty ok with the idea, I think flanders and the netherlands are very compatible. There are differences when you focus on the flemish culture, but then again: if you break it up in provinces and view it like that - it's not that "alien" compared to south-holland and north-brabant. It's like a gradient.

Living bilangual can work - for an example both of us can perfectly speak/write english. Problem is: flemish and walloon don't really interact, while I learned french at school: I never actually use it. I do think it's a useless marriage.
>>
>>129199610
Bitterballen are worth dying for
>>
>>129253335
true
>>
>>129252334
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw3e64sosEg
>>
>>129199610
>They include stuff like sitting in a circle of chairs at birthday parties and having the most boring party imaginable
Dit zeggen marokkanen altijd. Ben je zelf wel een nederlander?
t.ook een buitenlander
>>
>>129251845
to be desu I don't see a massive shift in cultural changes.
>>
>>129253632
lmao ik herkende m ook
>>
>>129252110
there's no way we are heading to an extreme opposite any time soon.
if you belief that you need so time away from /pol/ and msm
>>
>>129253146
I'd like to see this happen. Maybe with some extra autonomy for Flanders. We'd both be stronger together. My perception is that Flanders has a stronger sense of community, more personal, less cold. Dutch people might learn from this and learn to appreciate it. We'd have to fix your roads though, lol.
>>
>>129253335
True. From diabetis.
>>
>>129253632
Haha nee ik heb niks gelogen. Maar ik verveel me wel de tyfus op zulke feestjes. Er wordt niet eens gekookt, alleen een een bord met gesneden kaas en worst en wat chips op tafel gezet.
>>
>>129213387
Holy shit you're a mongoloid that knows nothing of history.

The cultures of most western countries have degraded in the past 60 years because of people like you.
>>
>>129199610
>Having Kingz and shirt
Noice

>Boring parties
Don't we all?

>No culture to talk about
I am sure there is something...
>>
>>129254394
a queen whom is from your country. are you proud/indifferent/mad?
>>
>>129252350
food for thought: people say there is no American culture. This might be true in general. But there are very specific sub gun cultures, car cultures, preppy cultures, hood cultures, s and m cultures, redneck cultures, hippie cultures etc. A nation and its laws are much more abstract than lived in culture. A cowboy hat is not so much American culture as it is a symbol of an ethos and set of values.
Someone wearing camouflage clothes and a truckers hat conveys something much different than a flat brim hat and new jordans. Is one less American than the other? In fact my two brothers came from the same house and dress in these different manners . Needless to say they live in and appreciate very different cultures and hold much different values.

You say there is no Dutch culture, or what there is is anemic. Fine. But are there no subcultures to participate in? Does everyone dress the same? Or is your country just part of the cosmopolitan globalist archipelago?
>>
>>129254704
I didn't even know that. It must be a whore queen.
I am not proud because it's not my accomplishment but I am disappointed in your people for having such bad taste in women.
>>
>>129254180
Haha. Is de worst kaas niet gewoon alleen bij familiefeestjes?
>>
>>129254237
How about you go to some European monuments and talk to some people there, insisting that these are examples of "white culture". No Frenchman or German would culturally appropriate anything made by a Brit under the umbrella of white culture.
It's entirely an American construct and it further indicates that the problem I'm describing in my country is 10 times worse in yours. Everything in your culture is either a product or a brand, or it's commercialized into hilarity for all of us looking at you from the outside. We know about Black Friday, you degenerate fucks.
>>
>>129255092
mag ik vragen wat jullie lekker vinden aan worst en kaas?
ik hou van kaas maar het is zo raar om alleen kaas te eten met worst
>>
>>129255092
Jawel, maar bijna alle familie feestjes gaan precies zo. Ik denk dat niemand ook ooit echt zin heeft om er heen te gaan.
>>
>>129254937
she made the royals popular again, thx to her our king and his house is more popular then ever.

in a few decades an argentine/dutch princess will be the queen of the netherlands

not sure if she is a whore or not but I assume she is if only for my own pleasure.
>>
>>129255281
Ja ik snap het ook niet echt hoor. Met mosterd is gewoon alleen een stuk kaas wel lekker trouwens. Ik denk dat het vooral gewoon om gemak gaat. Mensen hebben geen zin om uren in de keuken te staan om lekkere hapjes te maken. Is wel jammer.
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 600x407px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 600x407px
>>129253489
Please Pekka, I can only stand so much shame
>>
>>129255281
het gaat om de kombinatie met bier homofiel.

en als je meer dan worst en kaas nodig hebt voor een leuk feest dan ligt het aan de mensen, niet de entourage.
>>
>>129255554
lol idk ik ben niet nederlands
maar bij een feest hoort toch goed eten >:(
>>
>>129255691
Maar waarom moet het gaan om of je het nodig hebt of niet? Ik heb liever allemaal kleine wraps of kippenvleugeltjes. Of zo'n schaal met nachos en vlees en cheddar kaas er overheen. Maar dat is weer te veel werk of te duur.
>>
>>129200430
You're a nihilist. Sort that out before you debate any further.

Zwarte piet is obviously not an existential question. The entire discussion is about us not wanting to give power to them. When you do that, you're basically giving your country to some niggers. I don't want to live in a country where i constantly think about race, and the only people that force those things onto me are immigrants and numales.
>>
>>129255959
Ja dat vind ik ook. Maar weinig mensen zijn het met me eens blijkbaar.
>>
>>129255691
ik drink niet sorry
>>
>>129256025
I'm far from a nihilist. I wish we had many more traditions like Sinterklaas.
>>
>>129255620
Stay strong Sven, our time will come. I'll stand with a FUCKING SWEDE, even as a snow mongol. Our time will come. Just bear with it for a while.
>>
>>129214021

This
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (193KB, 1600x1143px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
193KB, 1600x1143px
Friendly reminder that clogs and dikes are worth protecting. Dutch people are my friends.
>>
>>129210580
Stroopwafels.

I miss those motherfuckers so much, I wanna make a stroopwafel shop in Sydney.
>>
>>129255990
tja, Ik weet niet in wat voor kringen jij je begeeft.

de laatste tien jaar zie ik veel meer luxe dingen, onder andere omdat ze vaak zo in de winkel te krijgen zijn.

maar ik denk ook dat de belangrijkheid van dit sort feestjes afneemt, er zo ontzettend veel meer to doen op social gebied, ook met elkaar, dan 20 jaar geleden waar verjaardagsfeestjes het middle was om elkaar tenminste een paar keer te spreken.

ook hebben we het drukker and het makkelijk houden is nou eenmaal een gevolg van dat.

plus iedereen zit toch op zijn phone te turen als een stelletje autisten, ik merk het verschil niet eens, en de anderen ook niet.

stelletje klootzakken
>>
>>129256739
How about I do that and you tell all your friends? I'll gib you some gibs.
>>
>>129256981
Zal wel verschillen per familie, maar ik heb niet vaak meegemaakt dat er bij een verjaardagsfeestje voor familie echt veel aandacht wordt besteed aan wat er op tafel komt.
>>
File: 1a45z47r3mzx.jpg (234KB, 1280x1237px) Image search: [Google]
1a45z47r3mzx.jpg
234KB, 1280x1237px
>>129200430
Yeah for me black piet and sinterklaas are kind of important because they gave me a joyfull childhood. For this reason I wish other children to have the same. I understand it does look a lot like blackface but this wasn't at that time realy what zwarte piet represtented. If you look up similar celibrations like Krampus in austria its clearly a representation of the good/holy vs the bad/unholy. Saint Nicolas represented the saint that gave all the children presents for their good behavoir. Zwarte piet and Krampus represented the bad black demons that punnished bad behavoir by using a birch and taking them away in the gunny sack. So they could enforce childrens behavoir by making them scared of the imaginairy consequences just like all other religions.
>>
File: pinion.jpg (72KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
pinion.jpg
72KB, 500x667px
>>129257728

pic related is the problem. there's too many ways to go about this.
>>
The swamp Germans are vulgar and ill mannered, even more so than gunfags. But I've seen some of the more vibrant parts of den Haag and it's not pretty. Keep breeding Dutchies.
>>
>>129257728
I honestly don't really care for either side of the argument. I think the whole thing is very trivial. I was more concerned about the fierceness of the debate, because Dutch people got really triggered. It got much bigger than zwarte piet. If I was black I'd just stfu and not be bothered by it because there are obviously no foul intention. But as a white person I'm thinking: we should be able to let go of something as trivial as zwarte piet without feeling like we are surrendering our whole culture. It made me feel like a lot of Dutch people are thinking that our culture has been so eroded, that something like zwarte piet becomes much more important than it should be, because it's only of the few quintessential Dutch things we have left. And that's a sad state of affairs.
>>
File: 1493212267221m.jpg (134KB, 1024x655px) Image search: [Google]
1493212267221m.jpg
134KB, 1024x655px
>postmodernists marxists have succeded in demoralising young people
Not surprised desu
>>
>>129257728
>I understand it does look a lot like blackface
So fucking what?
>>
>>129258325
Oh shit, I'm from the more "vibrant" parts of Den Haag. Everything still looks clean and new here.
>>
>>129256341
I'll bear with it for an eternity if I have to. We will overcome this - together.
>>
>>129258380
No, the real problem is not zwarte piet and whatevet saint. The problem is that (((progressive))) parties and organisations have been pushing for a ban on it because it is "racist".
>>
>>129259012
yeah, and we could have just ignored them, but instead we got really, REALLY triggered.
>>
>>129258380
labelling it trivial is part of the problem I think.

but I find it funny that 'we' always tell 'them' they need to integrate more into our society.
this takes a few decades of course and now we see the results of that integration, black people debating/arguing/hyping/badmouthing/demanding...exactly like Dutch people are doing.

but then we say, hang on a minute, fuck off to where you came from.

its just hilarious
>>
>>129206031
>tulips and windmills being kind of boring

This is nothing more than an opinion from your side and is indeed part of our culture. Not to mention the architecture we've brought about.
>>
>>129259204
Great because today it's zwarte piet. Tommorow who knows what. Coffe brown was nigger brown 50 years ago. 100 years ago women couldn't vote. People were thinking like you and this lead us here.
>>
I for one love my country/culture. I mean being born in a first world country, having amazing treats, the stories that i hear of my grandparents talking about their grandparents, i could go on and on. Don't care about football tho, but that wasn't really ever a part of our culture anyways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FdEzwgOmtY
>>
>>129259207
It is pretty hilarious, yeah. Mostly because in Holland things are actually going pretty well and life is still pretty sweet, and people fight over the funniest things here. Everybody is gonna be feeling so stupid when we start fighting over real shit.
>>
File: Gruss_vom_Krampus.jpg (29KB, 220x349px) Image search: [Google]
Gruss_vom_Krampus.jpg
29KB, 220x349px
>>129258068

It used to represent something more like this in the old days. A lot of people (even the dutch) still think it has to do with slavory because of our golden age history but it doesn't.
>>
File: tea-and-crumpets.jpg (39KB, 550x412px) Image search: [Google]
tea-and-crumpets.jpg
39KB, 550x412px
>>129199610
some faggy cake with cancer ontop.

make way for superior culture
>>
>>129259528
Who gives a shit what you call a certain shade of brown? And if you don't want women to vote there are still a few places on earth that will meet your ridiculously backwards standards.
>>
>>129259890
It's not even a cake, it's a dry cracker made from Sahara sand. And the toppings are super hard. We eat this when a baby is born, blue for boys and pink for girls.
>>
>>129259682
the thing I'm curious about in this issue is the amounts of people opposing this.
if you glance msm and social media they sure make big noise but how large is this group anyways?
and if small, how large is the group of black Dutchfags that don't care?

if it is a genuine issue amongst the fast majority I say fuck it, change the whole thing, kids don't care.
but if its a small portion making lots of noise.....
>>
>>129259968
>Who gives a shit what you call a certain shade of brown
Because neo-marxist theories of equality have been enforced on Europe since the 60's. If you can't see this you are part of the problem.
>>
>>129258730
Nah. GF and I followed our noses strolling around den Haag one day. Got about 5 minutes out of the centre before it started looking manky and we turned back.
>>
>>129213387
I see white american culture as the traditional and 'home grown' aspect of culture - bluegrass, blues, or other traditional forms of music ,regional-specific dishes, square dancing and flat footing etc. The modern stuff you just described is hardly a 'culture'
>>
>>129260243
I'm part of the problem as YOU percieve it, but you shouldn't be so arrogant to believe you have ultimate truth on your side.
>>
File: smallkramp.jpg (52KB, 565x352px) Image search: [Google]
smallkramp.jpg
52KB, 565x352px
If somewhere in the future people get to triggerd about the pitch black skin colour i'm all up for the austrian version tho. It's like sinterklaas combined with heavy metal.
>>
>>129259813
what I mean is there are multiple ways to enter this discussion or look at it.
so opinions are just that, opinions based on fuck knows what.

most white dutch I know are simply angry something is taken away from them. something they hold deer because childhood feels.
>>
>>129260193
From my experience zwarte piet is very unpopular among Surinamese people. Every Surinamese person I know doesn't like it, and some are pretty bothered by it. From what I can tell people from Antilles (I only know 3 though) don't give a shit and have no good words to say about Sylvana Simons either.
>>
>>129259619
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qn1PAU0awK8
>>
File: SP5.jpg (76KB, 670x622px) Image search: [Google]
SP5.jpg
76KB, 670x622px
>>129260767
Well they don't seem to have any problem celibrating it in their own country. It's mostly the surinamers that grew up in our country that seem to have a problem with it.
>>
>>129253882
>We'd have to fix your roads though, lol.
Yeah, long term planning has never been a strong belgian thing.
>>
>>129260193
>change the whole thing
Kil yourself, you cuck.
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.