[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /pol/ think about George Carlin?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9

>>
based as fuc$
>>
>>129174701
Young men serve for the privilege that one day they will be the rich old men.
>>
>>129174701
Pretty based. Hated political correctness, and not just the right wing political correctness he grew up under.

He's wrong about war, though. That's modern war, and the rich, old men are increasibly becoming rich, old apparatchiks of both genders. War in the past was a strongly national endeavour, where the interests of commanders and soldiers aligned. Soldiers could accrue wealth, experience, and power through service, and the first step to becoming a Roman Novus Homo was through military service.

Left wing villification of the military has lead to our current point, where the same cronies can get away with underfunding the military, demanding they perform miracles purely for said cronies' political gain, and treating the soldiers like shit on and off the battlefield. And all because it's suddenly morally just to consider soldiers as scum, even while using them to perform grand social engineering projects that would make Stalin retch.
>>
>>129174701
old fag
still a fag though
>>
>>129174701
Pretty unfunny, but maybe it was interesting at the time
>>
>>129175591

>War in the past was a strongly national endeavour

I think that's how you perceive it. We're so far off and away from history and experiencing it that we can't have any true idea of what it was like.

I feel that most people romanticize history and for some reason many times cast it in a light that isn't real. If we look at all of history and for the sake of this thread quickly sum it up with either the way George Carlin put it or the way you put it I would say it was more for what he thought.

The sad thing about what we see is that there really isn't much patriotism left at all which leaves only selfish capitalistic reasons to protect your country.

Back in the day though I would say it was a combination of both patriotism and try duty to your country and fighting for a reason and also the manipulation of money hoarding faggots pulling strings behind the scenes for their own personal gain and power.
>>
>>129176009
I've been reading a lot of shit about the Romans, and one thing is clear: Rome itself, as a city, profited immensely from its expansionistic wars, even when the wealthy elite owned all the land taken. The Romans had a good grasp of whom to favour with wealth in order to keep their system going. As I mentioned, there was also a degree of upward mobility that was alien to a lot of other societies.

The truth is, different societies perform war differently, for different reasons. The system we have today was not the system that existed even a century ago. I'd say that the system we have now is, as I explained, perfectly set up to make soldiers perform the duties of the political elite without having to expect anything -even respect- in return. In short, a soldier's life has never been as cheap as it is today, and it has everything to do with the people telling the troops where to go ruining their reputation at the same time. We've also seen a shift from pure wealth-gathering to a more esoteric system of power, reminscent of the Soviet Union. The cronies in the EU and European governments aren't fabulously rich, on paper, but they wield power as if they were, and network to gain good positions after they leave their current ones.

And, of course, they try to claim that their system is not only natural, but the best system yet.
>>
>>129174701
basic bitch opinions guy
>>
>>129176009
you could loot, you could get a slave
>>
>>129174701
hes a misanthrope
black pilled
he didnt build anything
if anything he showed humanity where to improve
>>
File: 1495389489401.jpg (94KB, 872x685px) Image search: [Google]
1495389489401.jpg
94KB, 872x685px
>>129174701
>DUDE, war is like, bad! Only an idiot would fight for his country

I fucking hate boomers.
>>
>>129174701
God among men
>>
The Amazing Atheist-tier
>Everything sucks, humans suck, traditions suck
>Let's just disassemble everything with cynical humor instead of actually building and improving
>Nothing matters, we might as well kill ourselves
>I'm the smartest because I notice how absurd some things in life are, everyone including myself sucks, I just suck less because I'm so smart
>>
File: 1481774727072.gif (2MB, 298x224px) Image search: [Google]
1481774727072.gif
2MB, 298x224px
>>129174701
I was saying the other day how he's the quintessential /pol/ comedian because he puts a comedic twist on reality. A lot of the shit on here can make you bust a side but it's also largely true. Is he /ourdeadguy/?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W33HRc1A6c
>>
>>129174701
Edgy
>>
>>129174701
Atheist leftist cuckhold
>>
>>129174701
the original red pill
>>
>>129184828
>atheist
>redpilled

>leftist
>redpilled

>cuckhold
>redpilled

FUCK OFF CUNT
>>
>>129174701
His only idea of comedy was "complaining" which at that time was kinda good but now your average inet celeb does a better job of it... recently watched some standup from him on youtube.. doesnt hold up that well with the exception of his "safe speech" rants.
At the time it was good but now this type of comedy is over saturated.
>>
File: 1495540921998.jpg (26KB, 224x216px) Image search: [Google]
1495540921998.jpg
26KB, 224x216px
>>129185464
get aids and die in a fire
>>
>>129185587
Great argument
>>
Been a fan since I was 12. Find new things to appreciate in his material at 35.
>>
>>129174701
Pretty edgy when you're 14. A hole lot of nothing when you get a little older.
>>
>>129174701
Jackass that said Islam will win before dying
>>
>>129183772
Fight for your mongrelized (((country))). A shekel for the good goy.
>>
>>129185919
Was he wrong?
>>
>>129174701
(((rich old men)))
>>
>>129184222
>why isn't a comedian an ideological visionary to tell me how to live hurr
Retards like you in this thread are too one dimensional to see how retarded you are.
>>
>>129175591
>War in the past was a strongly national endeavour, where the interests of commanders and soldiers aligned.
That heavily depended on the time period. In the old Greek republics that may have been the case, but for most of the middle ages up to the modern period war has been mostly fought by mercenaries who fought because they were paid. And there was nothing "national" about war either. The ruler was often someone who did not even share nationality with his subjects and the borders of countries went right through the nationalities.
>>
>>129174701
Had a good knowledge of the inner workings considering his father was a spin doctor I believe.
>>
That quote is a bit too true.
>>
>>129186016
Is he right?
>>
>>129186171
I didn't say I wanted him to be an ideological visionary, just encapsulated his comedy style
>>
>>129174701
I like him, he did what comedians are supposed to do, which is attack and ridicule what you "shouldn't" ridicule/critique.

Were he around today you bet your ass he'd go ham at PC islam enablers. He'd be all over sharia law and all the shit that has it's cuddly cushions in libs hearts.

I now got a little sad he isn't here.
>>
>>129174701
Saw right through bullshit at every angle and level.
Was probably an extremely sad and hopeless person, as most comics tend to be.
>>
He was the man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKUaqFzZLxU
>>
File: strawman.jpg (26KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
strawman.jpg
26KB, 400x400px
>>129186324
LOL get a load of this professional analyst spending his precious time on a Mongolian throat singing forum.

See, I can do it too.
>>
He was a raging anti-white leftist and would probably be a liberal, were he still alive. He had some good opinions but for the most part he was an edgy cuck faggot. Don't believe me? Watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dcr8dm9Prkk

>hurr durr fucking white males playin' blues 'n' shit
>check your privilege y'all
>>
>>129186575
Who said I need to be a professional analyst to describe a comedian?
>>
>>129174701
I thought he was pretty funny.
>>
>>129174701
He spawned a genre of comedy that he would hate if he'd lived long enough to see what it would become
>>
>>129186305
Seems so. Islam kills, Christians die.

Islam expands, Christians contract.

Islam breeds, Christians do not.
>>
>>129184964
>atheist
>not redpilled
lmao die and go to your HEAVEN
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB0aFPXr4n4

based
>>
File: bush-george.jpg (60KB, 258x345px) Image search: [Google]
bush-george.jpg
60KB, 258x345px
>>129190300
>atheism
>redpilled

So many cucks are redpilled nowadays it seems!
>>
He's okay sometimes but other times he's kind of a cuck.

He'll say something obvious but word it weird like "the government designed the wheels n the bus to go round and round, killing hundreds of kids in traffic incidents." and niggers will be like "wow how inspiring this man super star!"
>>
>>129185464
>His only idea of comedy was "complaining"
Watch his older stuff. The dude started as a quirky guy then made a drastic change to a full on covernment conspiratist
>>
>>>/wsg/1687207
>>
If he were still alive he'd be shucking and jiving for the cultural marxists that have taken complete control of our society. he'd be just like louie ck. tweeting about voting for hillary to stop fascism and "hate"
>>
>>129175147
>Young men serve for the privilege that one day they will be the rich old men.

This.

Comments like >>129174701 always forget that people do this thing called "aging". The "young" and the "old" are not classes or rungs on the economic ladder.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYWVBs7lfnk
>>
File: image.jpg (97KB, 720x898px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97KB, 720x898px
>>129193195
Wrong.
>>
>>129186500
That style of speaking is extremely similar to Trump speeches
>>
>>129194691
And that is said from someone who is a sex god
>>
>>129185832
Leans into the mic, "Wrong."
>>
>>129186171
>Hey /pol/ what do you think of this comedian
>"I don't agree with his politics"
>Wtf he's a comedian why are you taking him seriously you tard
>>
>>129184783
pretty much this. I hope he's enjoying getting raped in hell
>>
>>129180118
This. All comedians are like that.
>>
File: 85785758.png (175KB, 358x453px) Image search: [Google]
85785758.png
175KB, 358x453px
>>129175966
Right wing comedy is never funny, because it's reality, and when you laugh, you only laugh to spite the pain.
Lurk more faggot...
>>
>>129174701
He also said that war is about white men bombing brown people because they have bigger dicks.
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 225x225px
>>129195716
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.