[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Russian Orthodox Church

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: church.jpg (41KB, 359x450px) Image search: [Google]
church.jpg
41KB, 359x450px
/pol/ is the russian orthodox church based? how does it compare to other christian flavors? they def have the best architecture
pic related
>>
File: sobor.jpg (165KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
sobor.jpg
165KB, 480x360px
>>129129221
>>
>>129129221
If you want to experience an independent from the state russian Orthodoxy then you should turn to monasteries and orders, because those were places of resistance against tsarist attempt to subordinate religion to his wishes
>>
>>129129221
>>129129221
>they def have the best architecture
pic related
Def not that. We copycatted everything first from Byzantium, than from Itally and lastly from Renaissance Europe.

>Checks flag
Disregard that. For (you)

Otherwise it's a catholic Church with national autonomy and meaningless differences.
>>
>>129129221

I live right next to a Serbian Orthodox church. I actually voted for Trump in their building. Seemed based af.
>>
Does the Orthodox church has the same saints like the Catholic church?
>>
>>129129804
>the state russian Orthodoxy
what is the difference? the state is tied to the religion?
>>
>>129130755
yeah, read up about Sobór Ziemski, reforms of Peter the Great, procurator or Old Believers
>>
>>129129221
Why are you posting the Kremlin? Putin isn't the Russian Pope you dumbo.
>>
>>129132669
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Basil%27s_Cathedral
>>
File: rus-ortho.jpg (659KB, 1024x804px) Image search: [Google]
rus-ortho.jpg
659KB, 1024x804px
>>129131504
i searched it and every damn link is polish
even the wikipedia link is polish only with no english page and the google english translation is retarded

there's like 37 million threads on this board for mormonism but no one here knows anything about this religion??

how can pic related be so unknown and unpraised?
>>
Greek orthodoxy is superior in every way.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.