[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this still a thing?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 8

File: usps-logo.png (127KB, 1024x814px) Image search: [Google]
usps-logo.png
127KB, 1024x814px
Seriously.
I went to mail a package (the first time in over a decade) and the post office is an absolutely miserable place
>Two clerks working for a line of about 20 people
>finally (after a 40 minute wait) get to the front of the line and the clerk working is a fucking asshole.
>Doesn't know about the rates
>has to keep restarting the computer
>Overcharges me

And calling their 800 number is even worse. "Your estimated hold time is between 30 and 40 minutes".

What can be done to fix the post office?
>>
>>129101644
I'm going to have to stop you that is the United States Postal Service, not the United States Post Office
>>
>>129101644
It's by far the cheapest option for personal and commercial use. If you want to spend fifty bucks to mail a watch two towns over, be my guest.
>>
File: genders.jpg (105KB, 486x419px) Image search: [Google]
genders.jpg
105KB, 486x419px
The USPS is a nigger refuge just like the DMV.
99% of those middle class niggers that are supposed to be just like white people work for the government.
>>
>>129101644
My post office line is probably 5 minutes max
>>
>>129101644
Stay away from the ones in really spic neighborhoods, or wherever there's a shitload of immigrants. Or nigger neighborhoods. Anywhere where people don't use regular banks. Postal money orders are the personal checks for these people and they need to get them at the post office.
>>
>>129101644
>20 people, 40 minutes, 2 clerks
Not bad. Your clerks are spot on.
>>
>>129101644
i never have any problem with Canada Post , i think it may be the only thing that actually works in canada, and i buy and sell drugs online and use canada post exclusively
>>
>>129101644
I get deliveries almost every day and these dumb faggots lose a package every other week

and my mailman is a fat wetback who is always on the phone and takes 3 trips throughout the day just to deliver me my neighbors mail
>>
>>129101644

This is one of those services that is literally indespensible. If the postal service was to be shut down, every last spot in the US not considered economically viable enough to route mail and shipping to gets cut off. The fact they're allowed to run in the red without any issues is the reason why damn near everyone, instead of only half of everyone, living in the US can get anything delivered to them in any reasonable amount of time.
>>
>>129101644

Constitutionally mandated.
>>
>>129101644
Fuck you the USPS is awesome. I am a small business owner and rely on the USPS to send ~50 packages a week. Fedex and UPS are prohibitively expensive for the low-value items I sell. USPS is insanely profitable and only appears not to be because congress forced them to pay for pensions for 50 years in advance (paying for retirement for people who aren't even born yet!) Attempts to make the USPS bad should be seen as shill attempts by private companies who wish to jack up prices and screw people over.
>>
>>129101644
Carriers like UPS and FEDEX contract through USPS all the time, and vice versa.
>>
>>129101644

>Affirmative action+Government is always behind the times in updating=that.
>>
>>129101644
>waiting for an AA employee to help you

Print out your own fucking label and drop it off at the post office.
>>
Daily reminder that US postal service isn't a federal funded agency. It's self-sufficient and is realistically the best platform for the nation.
>>
>>129101644

Oh, yeah. Just fire all the managers. Not even joking (98% affirmative action+stealing+lazy="get theirs"). The stories I have from that place. The stories upon stories passed down from generations of talking to these guys, too.

The military should run the PO.
>>
>>129105631

I thought they were only "in the red" because of some bullshit that forced them to fund their pensions like 70 years in advance? Something like they were forced to put aside money for the retirement of employees that haven't even been born yet? Something like that. Look it up, I'm a lazy piece of shit.
>>
File: download.jpg (5KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 260x194px
>>129101644
>current year + 2
>actually going to the post office
Holy fuck, man
>>
>>129106991

I wouldn't be surprised, they get too much business and revenue from stamps and special services to be constantly in the red.
>>
>>129101644
>Receives no goberment funding
>Still has to shill out goberment benefits
Have to make up for that service deficit somehow, so they lower their prices into the floor so they get more business and overload their employees to make up for their finances.
>>
>>129105946
This 100%
>>
File: 309584657893.jpg (1MB, 1680x1050px)
309584657893.jpg
1MB, 1680x1050px
>>129104218

KEK fucking America sometimes. I can fucking send a package to Singapore for 10 dollars and expect it to arrive within 3 days.

How the fuck can you not manage to send a package across a few states is baffling.
>>
USPS is actually one of the few good things run by our government

It's cheap and you can get packages mailed to you just as fast (choosing regular shipping) as UPS/FedEx

Buy your shipping labels online (like through paypal is what i do) and you get even a small discount and then you can just walk in, drop off, and leave. Never have to deal with a clerk and niggers because the lines are stupid as fuck long
>>
>>129101644
Post office failed because it is run by the worst Marxist boomers who STILL don't know how to send email. The post office was in a position to capitalize on the internet, such as fucking eccommerce which should have been their goldmine, but ignored it until it was too late. It's like I always say: when Marxist run things, they fail.
>>
>>129101644
Thas your fault for going to the PO at lunchtime, buddy. It's one of the few Constitutional duties that Congress is instructed to maintain.

Postal Service is about tying the nation together.
>>
>>129107717

>How the fuck can you not manage to send a package across a few states is baffling.

What are you talking about? USPS works just fine.
>>
>>129105023
Holy shit, this.

The USPS offices in Baltimore are like the DMV on steroids. Nothing but miserable, surly, apathetic, incompetent sheboons as far as the eye can see.

The mailmen are all old black dudes though and the sad thing is that they actually still seem to care about their jobs.

Now if you want to see worthless, incompetent, indolent male blacks in droves, look no further than any public transit agency in the lower 48. They're like magnets for worthless niggers.
>>
>>129108150

>Baltimore

Well there's your problem.
>>
>>129101644
My local USPS post office is fine. It's never real busy, there's never any minorities there, and it's cheap.
I take it you're a city fag living in a culturally enriched shithole?
>>
>>129107717
Hard to believe this desu
It costs like 20kr to buy a bottle of water in Copenhagen, yet you think you can get me to believe it costs 10 dollars to ship across the world? Maybe an envelope
>>
>>129101644
The government does not do a good job at running it
>>
>>129101644

Worked great before Obama.

Just sayin'
>>
>>129106704
> military
Implying the USPS isn't a retirement zone for veterans. Implying that is a bad thing.
>>
>>129101644
>the workplace responsible for creating workplace violence
>even coined the term "going postal"
>not polite and don't wipe my ass when I hand them 1 out of hundreds of packages they take in a day

hue hue hue
>>
>>129101644
>being this new to life
holy fuck kill yourself
>>
>>129108288
>Those digits.

If only there were some sort of "solution" to that problem. It could just be the "final' thing Baltimore needs to bounce back, desu...
>>
Only problem I've ever had with USPS is when they delivered an expensive package and I wasn't home so they had me pick it up at another USPS that's maybe 3 miles from my house as opposed to the one down my street.
>>
>>129107717
It's a government agency what did you expect for it to work?
>>
>>129101644
The mail never ever stops coming in at the post office. My friend works for them, he said they get so insanely backed up over the weekend they almost have no place to put all the mail.

It's a miracle it works at all.
>>
>>129108460
>Worked great before Obama.
>Just sayin'

Confirmed....
>>
USPS sucks a nut. Their employees don't know anything and don't care about their job or your shipments, and their customer support is either offline or convoluted/time consuming
>>
It is one of the best services the government provides for us. No matter what happens we will always be able to use the USPS to ship and receive our parcels. UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc. Can all go out of business tomorrow and we will still be able to use a basic necessity because it wouldnt be cut from the federal budget.

You best pay your respect to the USPS and those that gave their lives when it was formed to deliver your shit.
>>
>>129101644
It's fine for postage and small parcels (they're flat-rate shipping boxes can't be beat), but their other services are shit. Anything involving a government ID is DMV-tier.
>>
>>129106212
Blame congress not affirmative action. I've had more packages lost by FedEx and UPS than I've ever had with USPS.

Heres something to think about. If you ever invent something and want a guaranteed filing date with US patent office, they will only except USPS express mail.

t. inventor/business owner
>>
>>129108998
How would they know about your letter package unless you have tracking on it? In that case you can track it yourself.
>>
>go to post office
>busy as fuck after lunch time
>Line goes to the fucking door
>employees are all friendly filipino americans
>They actually start helping people while still in line to speed up process
>Out in five minutes
>>
I hate dealing with niggers at the airport and post office. They know their job is protected by the unions so they treat customers like shit
>>
>>129106408
This. This is the age of the internet, you can even pay for it online & everything. Bypass line completely. Unless it is international...
>>
>>129105023
Why are low level government overrun with niggers?
>>
>>129101644
Article 1 Section 8 Clause 7 of the Constitution is why.
Also you can blame the ridiculousness of the USPS on the Congress. It was actually one of the few offices in the government that was running a budget surplus, and the Congress hates anyone having a surplus. So they made the USPS over fund its pension plan, which raised rates, and made them cut back on people to serve you.
The Congress things that talk about privatizing it cannot, because it would require a Constitutional Convention to do so. If you want better service then contact that criminal in the capital, and get them to allow the service to be profitable again.
>>
USPS is actually really good. I use it all the time. You just don't know what you're doing and are doing things inefficient.
>>
>>129101644
Rural voters who are still in the 1950s.
>>
>>129106991
They probably thought it was going to fold so loaded it with shekels for the vultures.
>>
File: usps-logo.jpg (168KB, 600x486px) Image search: [Google]
usps-logo.jpg
168KB, 600x486px
>>129108941
Yeah, Mondays and days after holidays are extremely busy and hectic, even in the days of email and the internet.
First Class mail has gone down put packages have skyrocketed.

Also ask your friendly neighborhood mailman anything.
We're not perfect, but for how big and complicated the USPS is, it actually works pretty well, and we've been trying to increase our accuracy and efficiency over time.

And the anon who mentioned how Congress fucked us over with the prepaid retirement is completely right.
We don't get any tax money, we are funded entirely by stamps and contracts with other companies like UPS, FedEx and Amazon.
Amazon is why you'll see mail carriers out delivering on Sundays now.
>>
>>129109592
"They always hirin, yo!"
>>
>>129107909
You're talking out your ass boy. I run an ecommerce store that is completely integrated with the USPS. Print shipping labels & fulfill orders at the same time. Then just drop them off at the post office without talking to a human. I've tried fedex, UPS, and DHL and they are all a fucking pain in the ass to work with compared to the USPS.
>>
>>129109217
Yes. The Postal service is mandated by the Constitution.

We handle extremely important official documents and provide not only a service to the general public, but for every official enterprise who needs us.
>>
>>129101644
I work in shipping for Amazon. It is insane how many packages we send out daily through the USPS. Very different from the post office. The USPS is a huge part of the economy.
>>
>>129109217
As a UPS employee, I can confirm you should never ship anything of significant value through them. There is nothing in any training that tells you to pay attention to any "fragile", "do not bend", or similar markings. The company answer is "it's the shippers fault for not packaging it properly". Their only concern are hazmat packages so the DoT doesn't fine their ass.
>>
>>129110657
Yeah, the USPS now gets direct trucks straight from Amazon instead of being handed off by either UPS or FedEx.
A majority of my daily parcel deliveries are from Amazon.
>>
can't be fixed....it costs 50 cents for some postal employee to drive to my house in the middle of nowhere and pick up my letter. it also costs 50 cents if i mail it from a post office in a large city.
>>
>>129106991
They have to prepay their pension fund. It would be like Social Security actually setting aside the money they collect instead of paying it out immediately. They're actually close to turning a profit now, thanks to internet shopping.
>>
>>129110688
Yeah but that's true for every shipping company, including the USPS.

If you have to right fragile on something that simply means you didn't pack it well enough.
A parcel with fragile on it gets an underhand throw instead of an over hand throw.
If you ever ship something, make sure you can drop kick it against a wall, because that's basically what will happen.

Fast or gentile. Pick one.
>>
>>129108998
Maybe eastern cities, but Western USPS is on point. In 20 years I never had an issue that wasn't properly dealt with by a supervisor.
>>
>>129101644
I go out of my way to use USPS because it's a vital part of our nation. Get your shit together, OP
>>
>>129105423
That's 4 minutes per person. It really shouldn't take that long.
>>
>>129105946
I'm with you. Anyone in ecommerce knows USPS is best for profit margins, and delivery time is surprisingly very competitive.

yeah, the post office sucks. Do it all online and just drop off.
>>
>>129107909
You clearly don't do ecommerce then. USPS by far the best way to ship items with low margins. Flat rate envelopes and boxes have saved me thousands.
>>
>>129101644
You just need to reform it.
Ours used to be shitty too, we complained until it got better.
Now it's even profitable.

https://media.poczta-polska.pl/pr/297798/poczta-polska-5-kolejnych-lat-z-zyskiem-na-najbardziej-konkurencyjnym-rynku-w-europie
>>
>>129101644
Still better than UPS and Fedex. Seriously they are far shittier.
There is a reason Amazon relies on the USPS over the alternatives.
>>
>>129111863
Hell if you have something important to send you can have it GUARANTEED or your money back overnighted and delivered by noon with a healthy bit of insurance on it via Express Mail for like $30.
Literally no one else does this.
>>
The USPS can get shit to any address in the United States within a few days. FedEx and UPS can't compete with that and use the USPS more than you realize
>>
>>129101644
You kept cutting their funding, demanding they pre-pay all their pensions, allowing them to make secret deals with Jeff Bezos.
PAY DEBNTS
>>129105796
Then where is the national public ISP? Fibers are 21st century post roads.
>>
>>129111829
Math isn't your strong suit, eh?
>>
>>129112442
Also if you order drugs from the deep web, the USPS has to respect your privacy and can't inspect your goods without warrant because of the Constitution.
Private companies can and do inspect every package.
>>
>>129112442
Yeah often times people don't realize that their package started out on a UPS or FedEx plane, and then was transferred to a post office for the "last mile" delivery since the USPS hits literally every house every day.
That's helped a lot to make extra money.
>>
>>129101644
USPS is great despite being hamstrung by retarded regulations/congress. If they could get into postal banking poorfags could actually non-shyster-tier loans.
>>
>>129101644
Maybe you should pay more taxes, goy.
>>
>>129111011
Well in the case of the SS monies there was liquid assets in there until Johnson's Great Society, and the Democrats voted to use it for the General Fund. It is estimated that the Feds owe the people $50 trillion in IOUs to the fund. The only reason they claim the insolvency is that they are going to have to pay back the Bonds they inserted.
>>
>>129107717
Your government is obligated to use Air Mail thus reducing the cost of sending packages via cargo planes. You also have less than 2% of the US population.

The US is not some tiny little shitstain country, it's massive. The majority of mail is transported via trucks on the ground. Either way USPS is great, they offer 2 day shipping from $10 anywhere in the continental US. Alaska and Hawaii don't take much longer for the same rate.
>>
>>129112904
USPS receives no taxes and is entirely self funded
>>
>>129101644
LOL. Try the Chicago post offices. 100% negros, the slowest and shittiest service I have seen. Huge attitude too, like they're doing you a favor.
>>
>>129111011

Everyone has to prepay their pension, it's a normal part of employment. Next you will complain they have to prepay gas, their medical or postage stamps
>>
>>129113034
>living in nigger filled cities run by niggers
What do you expect?
>>
>>129101644
Many businesses large and small depend heavily on the USPS. Yes it's inefficient as shit in a lot of ways, but there are parts that work very well and because of those sections it isn't worth dismantling.
>>
>>129101644
you could've figured all that shit out in 5mins on their website

it's like the retards waiting in like for 2 hours at the DMV to renew their license
>>
>>129113171
>employees
>corporations
Yep, I called it. A FUCKING BURGER
>>
>>129113034
Even with that your package will still get there on time. That truck will always be there at 6pm.
>>
>>129112629
20 people total. 10 people per clerk. Took 40 minutes for each line. 10 people take 40 minutes, 1 person takes 4 minutes.
>>
>>129101644
Privatize it.
>>
>>129113171
If you are speaking about agencies, then you are wrong. Also true for private businesses. The USPS had a well funded pensions, but the Congress made them over fund it after other parts of the government ran into trouble with pensions. Do you want to guess which parts are having problems?
>>
>>129105023
They're spics here in Florida. Still just as dumb.
>>
what do postal police do?
>>
>>129114013
DAY OF THE GRILL WHEN?
>>
>>129113025
bullshit, they operate at deficit every year, which means tax payers are subsidizing it. look it up.
the only quasi governmental agency I know that makes money, and lots of it is port authority ny/nj
>>
>>129109830
They can fire everyone but one person and outsource the rest to private enterprise.
Fuck those idiots.
>>
>>129114174
>investigate mail theft
>investigate suspicious packages
>investigate postal fraud
>investigate general crime related to mail
>>
>>129114046
Congress is trying to do this with the patent office as well. They make all their money through patent fees but congress cucks keep skimming money from them and putting it into the general fund instead of letting them hire more staff to examine and process patents.
>>
>>129108150

Also Baltimore area here. I have to work with the USPS for a living (not for them) and I agree. The Baltimore hub horrendous.
>>
>>129114657
It borrows from the US Treasury at a subsidized interest rate when it needs too.
That's not the same as getting free tax money.

The vast majority of it's overall operating costs come from it's own enterprises.
>>
>>129101644
Your dumbass could have done it ......ONLINE!!!!!!!!!!
God, you people are sooooooooo stupid!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>129108150
> actually still seem to care about their jobs.
you know why right? THEY cant ever get fired its hard as fuck and they have really good benefits so of course they'll care SLIGHTLY but i doubt they really do give that much of a shit about your niggered mail
>>
>>129105631
nah man, that's bullshit and you know it

canada manages to have them profit and our situation is a lot worse for it than you guys, lower volumes, lower populations, more distant rural and isolated areas

they've been making retarded changes though, like most international packages dont track inside canada anymore despite the fact shit is running in the sorting facilities still. Literally jewing you on tracking for absolutely no reason
>>
>>129115902

>you know why right? THEY cant ever get fired its hard as fuck and they have really good benefits so of course they'll care SLIGHTLY but i doubt they really do give that much of a shit about your niggered mail

Nah they actually do care.
>>
Don't rush the clerk unless you want your package dropped, thrown, smashed, kicked, and stepped on!! You deserve what you get!!!
>>
File: IMG_2115.jpg (262KB, 1300x956px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2115.jpg
262KB, 1300x956px
Other postal carriers literally hand their packages to USPS if the location is unprofitable.

FedEx and UPS get an incredible amount of gibs because of that.
>>
>>129107717
They can... UPS and Fed Ex are just pricey.
>>
>>129115674
Western post offices are best post offices
>>
>>129102201
fpbp
>>
File: BLING-1.jpg (323KB, 2400x3012px) Image search: [Google]
BLING-1.jpg
323KB, 2400x3012px
>>129109592
Blacks want to be close to the gibs, and anything to do with the federal government is going to lead to free stuff and other valuable benefits. Same reason that Washington, D.C. is now a black city -- They are drawn to big daddy.
>>
>>129101644
It's gold plated welfare for mainly women and minority gubmint employees that would otherwise be making min wage in the free market.
>>
>>129106079
doubt the vice versa - I've seen UPS send a package then on the last leg drop it off at the post office to be delivered by them. Never have I seen the reverse.
>>
>>129101644
>live in vancouver
>drive over to blaine on saturday morning to grab packages
>be one of 3 people there
>in and out in 2 mins
>>
I've never had a problem with USPS.

Canada Post on the contrary, don't even get me started.
>>
>>129101644
>don't invest in public services
>"guise why is this public service so shitty that I have to use an expensive private courier?"
derp
>>
File: 717px-Canada_Post_LLV.jpg (89KB, 717x599px) Image search: [Google]
717px-Canada_Post_LLV.jpg
89KB, 717x599px
>>129125865
Your take on the LLV is pretty good tho
Thread posts: 117
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.