[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

(((McMansion)))

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 9

how do we fix the McMansion problem?
>>
File: mcmansion vs mansion.png (887KB, 792x592px) Image search: [Google]
mcmansion vs mansion.png
887KB, 792x592px
seriously, what is up with such an A E S T H decline?
>>
middle class imitation the upper class
have been doing it since the beginning of time
>>
File: 100_3800.jpg (46KB, 450x800px) Image search: [Google]
100_3800.jpg
46KB, 450x800px
>>128997077
>middle class imitation the upper class
>have been doing it since the beginning of time

not entirely true, positive buorgaisse A E S T happens now and there - jeans and modern suit (originall a military item) all came from middle class and were adopted by higher class.

Im pro-middle class, but against middle class douchebaggery like McMansions
>>
>>128996701
Lets identify the problem first. Who the culprit? Amerifats.
>>
>>128997242
nope, you just don't see the full picture.

first the upperclass i.e Moviestarts ect made jeans "cool" and then the middle class jumped on it too

just like now you see 1% with hobo style shit and only after that the rest jumps on it too
>>
can't argue for the suit because I don't know enough about it

but jeans style was made popular by moviesars like James dean and bob dylan
>>
>>128997718
>first the upperclass i.e Moviestarts ect made jeans "cool" and then the middle class jumped on it too

and they first saw the coolness of it on cowboys (who were always cool - no homo), same is with Beau Brumell and suits - king and upper class literally copied a random dandy soldier
>>
File: img_5785.jpg (436KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
img_5785.jpg
436KB, 960x640px
>>128996701
kill jews man
>>
File: 2rqhq9x.jpg (144KB, 1000x364px) Image search: [Google]
2rqhq9x.jpg
144KB, 1000x364px
>>128997881
>coolness of it on cowboys

there was no "coolness" about cowboys before the marlboro man and John wayne westerns

it was functional but the romantization came later once again trough hollywood

and we can look at many different examples but in the end it boils down to

the 1% doesn't need to follow "trends" because they don't have the insecurity and inadequacy mindset the middle and working class has

so they just do something out of shits and giggles or out of comfort and the lesser humans see it and think they can get some of the divine 1% charm by emulating them on lets say wearing the same funny hat he wore imagining just by having the same hat he the "loser" will somehow be kissed by the divine hand too

of course they always just emulate pathetic stuff even a monkey could do yet fail to see that they might need to emulate his habits and behavior to achieve what he has achieved

but that ofcourse is too hard and poeple dont like hard

it's easier to spend few hundred thousand dollars in a mcmansion then to actually acquire enough money to create a real family mansion with the finest materials there are on earth
>>
Remind people that they can live in smaller houses. It's already starting with the tiny house meme although that's an extreme. Once the boomers die off thier McMansions will go with them.
>>
>>128996701
Yeah, those are abominations, I see your point.
>t. Floridafag who sees these regularly on the coast
>>
>>128998508
it's my life goal to one day become one of those old rich hermit guys in florida who has no friends and occasionally hits up the early bird specials at restaurants
>>
File: trump_penthouse_2.jpg (95KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
trump_penthouse_2.jpg
95KB, 640x426px
>>128998381
>it was functional but the romantization came later once again trough hollywood

you cant make smth that doesnt have at least a bit of inherited coolness to mainstream cool level. Cowboys always represented some rugged quasi-faustian individualist ideal, which was pretty cool itself, but not famous cool. Same is with army fashion that is present today in some level and was with Brumell in the 19th century.

anyway, this is Trumps penthouse. pretty abhorent.
>>
>>128996701
You don't. If people want to throw their money at shit, let them since its just supports a blue collar worker/owner.
>>
>>128999933
>cant make smth that doesnt have at least a bit of inherited coolness to mainstream cool level.
"Geek" had no cool level for many years but now it seems to be the mainstream cool with many popular glasses frames being the classic "geeky" look. what happened there?
>>
>>129000428
>"geeky" look

you are reffering to hipster look of early 2010s? it was about irony i.e. looking like a retard was considered cool by those ethnomasochist. it was irony-cool not cool-cool.

niqqas were cool-cool that is why hip hop became so popular.
>>
I do siding and gutter work and all these houses are shitty when you look up close. If their sided then it was some hack on the crew, your lucky if the gutters have the downspout on the downhill section, and after a few years the wood around the windows gets eaten up.
>>
>>128996701
How about you let people use their own money to build homes they want? If they want to live in a pyramid or a giant rubber duck it's not your buissnes.
>>
File: daly city1.jpg (847KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
daly city1.jpg
847KB, 1920x1080px
>>128996701
When I look at the areas near the beaches In california there is some nice houses there.
Pic just semi related because these are no mansions but it's looks comfy even though it's near San francisco
>>
>>129001328
I hope all those at the cliff edge enjoy losing their house in 20 years
>>
>>128996701

Rich people are almost always vulgar, because they are mostly greedy stupid pigs. It's not hard to make money if you are a lying, psychopathic piece of shit. Human garbage.
>>
File: geek2017.jpg (409KB, 2498x939px) Image search: [Google]
geek2017.jpg
409KB, 2498x939px
>>129000757
i mean today's brands like Geek, that are trendy and "cool" today. pic related
>>
>>128997077
>middle class affording that house in 2017
>>
>>128996701
I live in a shithole apartment
We need to fix big houses
Off yourself
>>
>>128998381
Lessee... Wyatt Earp, Bat Masterson, Wild Bill, Doc Holliday, Billy the Kid, Butch and Sundance.... and lots more... all had pulp books being sold to the fanboys, while they were still alive. The cowboy has been "cool" since day one.
In B4 they were gunfighters, not cowboys...
Cowboy life was romanticized in these books.
>>
>>128996701

Higher marginal property taxes.
>>
>>129004261
>Middle class buying things they can't afford

Happens every day
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.