[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

you've gotta listen to the kelly brogan interview

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

the part about antidepressant induced psychosis really freaked me out. glad i'm not on paxil.
>>
>>128961276
gibe me a TLDW, please i'm afraid of vomit because of feminism
>>
>>128962108
>all of the long-term science suggests that people do worse, long-term, on all categories psychiatric meds, than if they were never medicated. and this includes antipsychotics for schizophrenia.

If you're interested at all in holistic health you really should listen. She's super smart. Used to be an establishment doctor. Went to Cornell for med school. She's dropping major pharma industry redpills.
>>
>>128962435
>holistic medicine

witch doctor tier
>>
>>128962108
scientists have identified 3 genes that can lead antidepressants to cause psychosis. this is due to them being metabolized differently in the liver in that segment of the population. and guess what, genetic tests exists to screen for this. but no doctor screens for it. because fuck patients.
>>
>>128962635
all holistic medicine means is recognizing and appreciating that the body is an incomprehensibly complex system, and the limitations of reductionism. she is more aware of the science than probably 95% of the other doctors out there.
>>
>>128962435
uhm never heard or read about holistic shiet, is it interesting? should it interest me? (i like marijuana)
>>
>>128962926
yes! and maybe!
>>
People who think treatments work for everyone are the ultimate retards in medical science.
Most modern medicine is based on treating everyone the same. This is best for making money, but is an absolutely horrible model for patient care. As typical, greed and ego cause no end of problems.
>>
>>128962635
>placebo is better for you than big pharma psych pills

Not too hard to believe desu
>>
>>128962817

Just because big pharma is shit doesn't make her hippy voodoo babble any more true. Holistic medicine is actually retarded.
>>
>>128964066
You literally have no idea what her position is on anything.
>>
>>128963721

Probably accurate in alot of cases but thats more of a broken clock be right twice a day than a mark for holistic medice
>>
>>128962435
As a person whose life has been greatly improved through meds as a form to combat my depression and schizophrenia. I find this to be highly unlikely.
>>
File: Holistic_health.jpg (81KB, 806x610px) Image search: [Google]
Holistic_health.jpg
81KB, 806x610px
>>128964176

If its the "holistic medicine" in the common usage i have a pretty good idea.
>>
>>128964405
*shrug*

I'm on meds too.
>>
>>128961276
Been hearing about stuff like that with antidepressants for years. Big pharma is fucked bigly
>>
>>128964279
>>128964066
Mental disorders are almost always caused by lifestyle, and medicine is no cure for the problem, but a very poor bandage that usually comes with nasty side effects or possible addiction.

All the science in the world can't fix your mind if you live with a raging cunt or work a job that fucks with your mind.

Simple, but sometimes hard-to-make lifestyle choices can save your soul. Quitting a shitty job might make you poor for a bit, but the relief in depression or stress can save your ass in the long run. I've never heard of a case where a licensed professional has told someone to quit working a bad job.
>>
>>128962648
This: >>> "because fuck patients."
>>
>In some instances Prozac withdrawal manifests as AIDS-like symptoms. Sometimes gets misdiagnosed as multiple sclerosis.
jesus fucking christ
>>
>>128965019
Do NOT take these drugs.
>>
>>128964405

The problem is the long term effects. You build a dependency, and a tolerance.
>>
>>128962435
of course and they can fix most depressiosn anxiety by proper gut balance and/or with parasite removal.
>>
>coffee enemas
>>
>>128964405
Antidepressants are a complete crapshoot. They barely perform better than placebo pills.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4172306/

>When we analyzed the drug and placebo response for each type of drug, we found another surprise awaiting us. It did not matter what kind of drug the patients had been given in the trial. The response to the drug was always the same, and 75% of that response was also found in the placebo groups.
>>
>>128962817
>limitations of reductionism
probably right there especially when it comes to mental health. the way the DSM has changed over the years should give everyone more pause than it apparently does.
>>
>>128961276

I've listened to Joe Rogan like 5 times since Redban left a couple of years ago; back in the day when Fleshlight was an official sponsor. Always wondered if it was possible for a podcast show to jump the shark like this.
>>
>>128964405
this

I've been taking anti depression pills for a year and it helped me greatly

Don't listen to the crazies here. They probably need some too which is why they're so schizophrenic
>>
File: turbo_jew.jpg (61KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
turbo_jew.jpg
61KB, 500x667px
>>128964405
Yesssssssssss
>>
File: 1495839308509.jpg (82KB, 750x562px) Image search: [Google]
1495839308509.jpg
82KB, 750x562px
>>128965019
Fucking this. One of the most helpful things I've read about is Therapeutic Lifestyle Change.

http://tlc.ku.edu/elements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sf9MBOLbKuk

Depressed people need to stop falling for the pharmaceutical jew and actually make changes to their lifestyles.
>>
File: maxlesdefault.jpg (41KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxlesdefault.jpg
41KB, 1280x720px
She seems to make some decent points on how mental health meds can make things worse at times, but nothing revolutionary coming out of her mouth. But she has crazy eyes so who knows what's going in :DDDD
>>
>>128966702
Good goy. Keep eating your pills. Don't forget to support Israel!
>>
File: 1481811364564.jpg (93KB, 510x454px) Image search: [Google]
1481811364564.jpg
93KB, 510x454px
>>128961276
You should listen to him when he invites someone who is actually controversial (alt-lites like Gavin McInnes don't count)

>Jared Taylor
>Kevin MacDonald
>Greg Johnson
>Jim Goad
>Ramzpaul
>Colin Flaherty
>Mike Cernovich
>Richard Spencer
>Andrew Anglin
>David Cole
>David Duke

Any of the above would make super interesting podcast guests, yet he won't touch them. He's a big fucking pussy who is afraid to death of actual controversy or scary opinions.
>>
>Take antidepressants for 10 years
>Nothing changes
>Fuck this, I might as well stop taking them and see what happens
>Feel okay now, working makes me feel like shit but if I don't work I'm just fine, I don't suffer anymore

Like, I'm not going to go all out and say it's a scam, because it's just my very own case, a sample size of 1, but for my case antidepressants were ruining me

The only problem is that ever since I've stopped taking them (last winter) my body is freaking out as it has to manage its metabolism by itself - my sleep schedule is awful (It's 6am in France, I was up all night) and I have a hellish diahrrea ever since.

But boy, I haven't felt better in the last 10 years than now.
>>
Time stamp please this cunt is insufferable
>>
>>128961276
there isn't a psychiatry journal on earth that has a policy requiring the scientific method be applied to submissions for publication. Psychiatry journals are the only 'science', medical or otherwise that don't have this.
>>
>>128967667
i think they fix some problems for some people. my dad used to freak out all the time and have really bad nightmares pretty much nightly and SSRIs did something to make that stop. No idea what else they're doing to him though
>>
>>128967593
Honestly Gavin's more controversial than Cernovich
>>
>>128962435
Is this based on double blind studies? Or is it just
>people who never take antidepressants do better than those who never take antidepressants
because thats retarted for reasons too obvious to even state.
>>
>>128967331
This is why we think you're insane. As if taking meds has anything to do with supporting kikeastan
>>
>>128961276
It doesn't really get political, surprisingly not too bad for a woman episode.
>>
>>128961276
Kelly Brogan is a fucking shill tied into the supplement market.

Of course everything that's prescribed is haram to her. Supplements will fix everything, and she has just the one you need...

Christ.

It's like you worthless faggots fucking WANT to get jewed.
>>
>>128969005
You are what you eat.

>how can anyone be surprised that we feel/look shit when our food is packed full of shit
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.