[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cyrpto-Currencies

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: HowBubblesWork101.jpg (37KB, 720x534px) Image search: [Google]
HowBubblesWork101.jpg
37KB, 720x534px
Friendly reminder that we are in the "delusion" phase of cyrpto-currencies. (hence the basically infinite amount of "invest now" videos and articles being shilled.)
AKA the,
>I'm gonna make a 100% return a month, and be a millionaire in 3 years!
logic.

One of the very first principles of smart investing, is to NEVER invest due to emotion. There is nothing tangible with any of these cyrpto-currencies that put it anywhere except a pyramid scheme.

>but muh asia
See "New Paradigm" part of the chart
>but muh highly intricate mining procedures
Gold did the same thing in the 1980s, and has never returned to its peak, as everything in the long run returns to the mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDmHiCVGmZU [Embed]

>inb4 "It's almost like you don't want to buy a lambo."
>>
>>128931134
I have like 1800 btc from cpu/gpu mining in 2011, but lost my description key 5 years ago, so can't do shit :'(.. No one seems to have any idea how to decrypt my wallet without a key.. This is driving me to a verge of insanity.
>>
>>128931687
brute-force it? How long is your key?
>>
>>128931687
Jesus christ man, you've got over 5million dollars locked up...
dot this >>128931882, spend the fucking money, it's worth it.
>>
Bizfag here, it's now my strong belief that most who currently buy into crypto (within the last 3 months) do so as a medium of gambling. They have no concern for its potential (and then annoyingly conflate their ignorance with it having NO use). I strongly recommend any newcomers to avoid crypto investment as of now, it is in a bubble state because of opportunists and gamblers. If you want to trade the volatility, then so be it.

Crypto and smart contracts will be an important part of the internet's future, but just like the nasdaq in the late 90s, it must go through a crash first. Be prepared for this, and do not miss out on the opportunity it presents. When it crashes, these fools will sell you the price, not the value.
>>
File: kimkardashiannude_3429.jpg (2MB, 1500x2000px) Image search: [Google]
kimkardashiannude_3429.jpg
2MB, 1500x2000px
>>128932239
This.
>>
>>128931134
your a bit of a knob mate yea there may be pump and dumps happening and lots of speculation and over valuation but there is substance.
I am not trying to become a millionaire but I have made $1000's for myself off little $100 investments.
And made $17000 for a friend off Ethereum off a $1000 investment.
And I will start mining soon and hopefully pull in $400 a week so blah ride the wave cunt
>>
>>128932239
This is the way I see it.
Also doubtful to me that bitcoin will end up being the major currency when the dust settles down.
More likely VISA and MasterCard will partner up with some other companies and release their own shit.
>>
>>128932239
That's exactly what I'am doing. I bought big when it fell last time, and just started ditching my BTCs but I am holding my ETH for the time being. Hoping it will at least climb to the 400-450 range before I jump that ship.

If this cycle repeats itself a few more times within 5 years I can possibly retire by the age of 39.
>>
>saw bitcoin for $2
>"the shit's never gonna be big"
>bitcoin for $200
>"what the fuck"
>first collapse
>"ha I knew it"
>bitcoin approaching $1000
>"ok I'll buy $50 worth of it just in case"
>collapses to $500
>"Shit, I wish I bought it when it was $2"
>bitcoin over $2000 again and growing
It's painful to watch. I'm a financier and have a stock trading experience, I made really nice returns on political crises, but I just cannot understand the logic behind bitcoin.
>>
>>128937173
I'd say to put some money in now, if you really want to take advantage of the current situation, but again, be prepared. A lot of people are making money through pump and dumps of altcoins, and these are often the people who boast about their gains, they're the crypto equivalent of penny stocks.
>>
File: 1496717338850.jpg (496KB, 1500x988px) Image search: [Google]
1496717338850.jpg
496KB, 1500x988px
>>128931882
>>
>>128931134

I don't have any crypto-currency, waiting for the dust to settle, the hype to die down, and for them to become WAY more mainstream and stable.

However I would LOVE to live in a world where banks and governments have absolutely zero control over currency, and have absolutely no way of knowing how much money you do or do not have, and no way of tracking transactions. That's the fantasy, but I'm waiting to find out what the reality will be.
>>
>>128931882
Write a script to run through every possible character in order?

Or, write out every character you remember using, and brute force it with progressive elimination
absolutely worth the time, you've got a lot of fucking money in there
>>
>Dave Ramsey
Never expected him to show up on /pol/.
>>
>>128942226
>not expecting red pilled people on /pol/
>>
File: dan.jpg (407KB, 1172x709px) Image search: [Google]
dan.jpg
407KB, 1172x709px
>tfw bought ethereum
>>
File: 1496588583044.jpg (137KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1496588583044.jpg
137KB, 683x1024px
>>128943138
what is /biz/ gonna do once all these 19 year old geniuses realize they are getting Bernie Madoff'd?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.