[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Texas Declares Special Session to Debate Transgender Bathroom Usage

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: bathroom.jpg (116KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
bathroom.jpg
116KB, 500x400px
Is this a good use of lawmaker's time?

http://archive.is/eEHW8

Mr. Abbott’s announcement was one of his most closely watched and controversial decisions since he took office in 2015, and his move to order lawmakers back to Austin starting on July 18 represented a flexing of his political muscle. Because the Legislature failed to pass the bill during the regular session, it effectively died; its only chance for survival had been a special session, and only a governor has the authority to convene one.

In doing so, Mr. Abbott ignored the concerns of local and national business leaders but earned swift praise from social conservatives, some of whom had complained that he had remained largely on the sidelines in the debate. Critics said Mr. Abbott, a former judge who is viewed by many as more cautious than his predecessor, Rick Perry, had capitulated to the extreme right, and to one of his Republican colleagues, Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick, who led the push for the restrictions.

In a statement on Tuesday, Mr. Patrick praised what he called the “big and bold special-session agenda,” which he said “solidly reflects the priorities of the people of Texas.”

The original bathroom bill was much tougher in restricting which bathrooms transgender people could use in government buildings. The new bill, House Bill 2899, is far less detailed and sweeping, and it would take effect in September if it passes.

It would effectively ban local regulation of discrimination. The bill would prohibit cities, counties and school districts from passing anti-discrimination measures to protect any class of people already protected under state law. And it would nullify existing policies in San Antonio, Dallas and other cities that allow transgender people to use the public bathroom that matches their gender identity.
>>
>>128913703
This should not even be a matter for debate. Bathroom classification is based upon biiological sex, its based on your chromosomes and your genitals. Not how you 'feel'.

The reason for this is because people do not want to take their daughters into swimming pool changing rooms full of old men with the schlongs swinging about just because they 'feel' like women.
>>
>>128913703
Just get rid of bathrooms altogether. Then you wont have these problems
>>
>>128913703

fucking Californians reeeeee
>>
>>128914499
So should we spend money to arrest and jail people for using the wrong bathroom?
>>
>>128913703
If we just threw trannies off rooftops like they do in sane countries this wouldn't even be an issue.
>>
>>128915272
I dont think it is considered a jailable offense, it would incur a fine most likely thus raising money, if someone was stupid enough to defy the law in the first place and unfortunate enough to be reported and then caught.
>>
>>128915941
Do you have a source for that?
>>
File: 1496785670721.jpg (8KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
1496785670721.jpg
8KB, 275x183px
Have a bump for archiving.
>>
>>128915983
I dont think it comes under federal law it would be state law and second of all it is common sense that using the incorrect bathroom would not land you a jail term
>>
>>128917245
I never said it was federal law I just want proof that this comes without a jail term.
>>
>>128914499
>Bathroom classification is based upon biological sex
This. If people are allowed to use whatever bathroom they feel like using why not just make all bathrooms gender neutral?
>>
>>128920117
>why not just make all bathrooms gender neutral?

I support this, if you make all bathrooms gender neutral then you have way more efficiency and we don't have to waste time on this bs.
>>
>>128922295
>more efficiency
women take fucking ages to piss, they always have queues, having to share a gender neutral bathroom with women would be a fucking travesty
>>
File: 1405055836995.jpg (662KB, 3508x2477px) Image search: [Google]
1405055836995.jpg
662KB, 3508x2477px
i really hope protests are held over shitters
>>
Tranny here. I literally don't care, since I pass. No one else does either.

Your head is in the clouds if you think you can keep me out of the ladies room. Unenforceable.
>>
File: IMG_8758.jpg (71KB, 534x472px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8758.jpg
71KB, 534x472px
This is probably the most important news story of all time. Where will 0.01% of the population take a dump in public .
I hope every CEO goes to Texas and over rules their laws to make sure a faggot can go the bathroom at some school
Because this is literally the most important thing of all time
>>
>>128925337
Rofl
Also, they can take a page out of Indias playbook, abolish bathrooms and people can just go everywhere and anywhere they want.
>>
>>128913703
>Is this a good use of lawmaker's time?

No. It's a huge waste of time and money but it has to be done because it's an agenda being pushed against common sense so it must be stopped.
>>
>>128914594
Rofl, replied without opening the thread.
TopKek, esp. Due to flag
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.