[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was Richard Nixon such a huge failure?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

Why was Richard Nixon such a huge failure?
>>
Taking USA off Gold Standard, Supreme Court pick, did not reverse Great Society. Otherwise he was cool.
>>
>>128897591
oops forgot that he started the EPA.
>>
>>128895444
He wasn't. That's just what (((they))) want us to think.
>>
File: Nixon Grove.jpg (83KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
Nixon Grove.jpg
83KB, 850x400px
Nixon was a croock but at least he seems to be not one of the lalilulelo. So thats a positive in my book
>>
>>128897829
The War on Drugs also fucked shit up
>>
>>128895444

he was a great president destroyed by liberals, jews, and yes, his own mistakes.
>>
>>128898734
He just created that one so the cia could trade his drugs without competition though
>>
>>128897591
>Otherwise he was cool.
>gutted NASA and cancelled the Saturn V
>didn't budget enough for the Shuttle so it ended up being an overpriced death trap financed by the military and various MIC interests instead
Honestly, the guy was a crock of shit. We'd have had space colonies by now if it weren't for his hatred for "Kennedy's Legacy".
>>
File: 1496809288175.jpg (38KB, 245x398px) Image search: [Google]
1496809288175.jpg
38KB, 245x398px
>>128895444
Im obama. I did the same thing Nixon did except I did it with impunity via the US media blackout of any and all wrongdoing I ever did
>>
>>128895444
Nixon played to win the Cold War but his domestic policies sucked. Bluffed his way through Bretton-Woods (short term economic miracle long term problems), Sino-Soviet split (massive geopolitical win but paved the way for China's rise), War on Drugs (gave the US free reign to fuck up everyone in Latin America who refused to bend the knee and diverted huge quantities of Afgani heroin to the USSR where it causes problems to this day in Russia).

He was a monster but he was our monster.
>>
>>128895444
>Why was Richard Nixon such a huge failure?
Because he got caught.
>>
>>128895444
He should've grabbed kissinger by the throat
>>
>leaves Vietnam without (((their))) permission

>media demolishes him
>>
Last president who wasn't a nutcase and/or pervert.
>>
>>128895444
That's not FDR or Lyndon Johnson
>>
>>128901433
>Last president who wasn't a nutcase
>wasn't a nutcase

LOL. I'm glad that piece of shit cuck is dead.
>>
>>128895444
He didn't have Trump's gift of brushing off the media. They crucified him
>>
File: nixon.jpg (262KB, 731x532px) Image search: [Google]
nixon.jpg
262KB, 731x532px
>>128901295
His comments about the Jews are interesting. Paranoid or not paranoid enough?
>>
>>128901295
Leaving Vietnam was a mistake, the policy of "Vietnamisation" was also a mistake.

Vietnam could've been won using one specific plan.

>raid Laos and Cambodia when chasing NVA retreating into those countries.
>bomb Hanoi
>mine NV harbours
>start land offensive northwards

Chinese intervention was literally harmless - their combat readiness after the great cultural revolution was close to zero as evidenced decade later in Chinese-Vietnamese war. Soviets wouldn't lift a finger - too much risk for too little gain.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.