[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm thinking of joining the Baptist Church

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 408
Thread images: 43

File: baptism_image[1].jpg (157KB, 1500x725px) Image search: [Google]
baptism_image[1].jpg
157KB, 1500x725px
What are some things I should watch out for?
>>
>>128808005
If it's anything like Southern Baptism...
>A fear-based belief system leading to a complete lack of introspection and examination of your own faith
> Non-stop religious virtue signaling that forces EVERYTHING in Baptist life to be about Jesus, including the fucking music you listen to, as long as everyone else can see you doing it
> Embarrassingly paranoid searches for The Devil's influence everywhere in popular culture, including innocuous children's shows
> Fear-driven denial of anything scientific that doesn't mesh with a childlike, literalist interpretation of the Bible.
If that sounds great to you, go for it.
> t. Southerner who grew up surrounded by Southern Baptists
>>
>>128808005
Confessional Lutheran or Orthodox
>>
File: 1492223085960.jpg (43KB, 479x640px) Image search: [Google]
1492223085960.jpg
43KB, 479x640px
>>128808005
The absence of the one holy catholic apostolic church
>>
OP you're better off joining some sort of non-denominational mega-church than a baptist.

Basically, fire up google maps and type "bible church" and write down any within comfortable driving distance and give each a shot.

the "bible" part of a bible church is really all that matters, as they tend to actually try to teach you faith through interpretation of the bible and not through fear or tradition.
>>
>>128810997
I destroyed a SB church. One my parents grew up in. Want the story?
>>
You just have to choose your church carefully.
Avoid the Mega Chruches, the ones operating out of a school auditorium or strip mall, any old one that never got air conditioning, and any snake handlers.
Other than that you should be good. Also expect less reading from the bible and more the preacher talking about his fucked up childhood and how this particular story relates to a bible verse.
>>
>>128810997
Just because you grew up Christian doesn't make you so. Read the Bible and see how the Israelites repeatedly fell away from God. I bet you've never read the Bible cover-to-cover despite growing up as a Christian.

You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you:

“‘These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
They worship me in vain;
their teachings are merely human rules.’”

- Matthew 15:7-9
>>
>>128811444
Destroyed as in vandalism, or you broke the congregation's faith?
>>
>>128808005
Niggers
>>
>>128808005
Baptist Church is for dindus.
Become Protestant instead.
>>
File: dollar-bookmark.jpg (28KB, 540x270px) Image search: [Google]
dollar-bookmark.jpg
28KB, 540x270px
Watch out for 'prosperity gospel' and works-based doctrine.
>>
>>128811608
Broke the faith. Splintered the church into two factions.
>>
File: image.jpg (111KB, 517x961px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111KB, 517x961px
>>128808005
Protestants are delusional heretics and tools of Satan. Catholicism, Eastern Orthodoxy, Oriental Orthodoxy, These are the branches of Christianity. If you're not one of these you might as well become a LARPagan for all the good it will do you.
>>
>>128808005

Get ready to donate money. I think baptists tithe
>>
>>128811803
Well shit, with Southern Baptists that's not exactly hard, if it's only two factions.
>>
>>128811655
Came to post this
>>
>>128808005
Try a Methodist church
>>
>>128811891
Catholicism literally has so much shit that isn't even related to the bible that it is barely even a bible based doctrine at all.
>>
>>128808005
9youre going to see a lot of unsaved people playing church. They are going to have an invitation at the end of the service and they will end you up in Romans 10. They are going to make you do a work (prayer) to get saved. Then they will persuade you to do another work (baptism) because Jesus commanded the disciples that. Go to tsabs.info first, listen to the gospel. THEN, go to that Baptist church and your eyes will never be more open. If you want a "red pill", do this.

- experience.
>>
>>128811951
I'll share regardless, I enjoy it.

>Grandpa is usher & accountant for church they've gone to since the 50s. Parents married there
>Go out inna woods on camping trip with preacher, the 'gang' of followers he had, and a ton of kids for camping, and grandpa. I'm 14 at the time.
>Grandpa asleep, I'm bored, we go out for a walk
>Preacher begins telling kids the satellites passing over head are fallen angels looking to commit unholy acts
>Kids terrified, ages 5-10
>Back at camp Preacher & gang start talking to the kids.
>"Don't wander into the woods, an EVIL RAPIST escaped the nearby prison!"
>Preacher keeps getting into drastically deeper detail. Kids are TERRIFIED.
>I confront him, "That's not very Christian to do. Can't you find some other way to keep them from wandering? A ghost story?"
>He lays down the law that he is in charge here and that is a perfectly Christian thing to do
>I ask, according to what Bible?
>THE HOLY KING JAMES BIBLE SON, IM A PREACHER, I KNOW MY BIBLE YOU DONT KID.
>Ask if its superior to every Bible
>YES
>Even the original Aramaic, Hebrew, and Greek versions?
>YES KING JAMES BIBLE IS PERFECTED
>... okay, well I don't think you are being very Christian even by the KJV. You are terrorizing these children and thats a pretty mean thing to do. You should be an example not mean.
>Argument continues as his group gangs up on me verbally abusing me
>Go to bed crying, I couldn't stand up to a group of angry men and I lost my nerve

>Grandpa finds out from them about how 'evil' I was and 'possessed by Satan.'
>Grandpa stands up for me, asks me the story, I tell him
>Grandpa confronts the Preacher over it
>Church gets word of what happened, some take my side, some takes Preacher's side
>Grandpa & Grandma leave the Church they had been a part of since 1950s, as do my parents who were married there in the 1970s
>Church splits, entire town splits
>5 new churches have formed since then
>Preacher left town permanently

I love my Grandpa.
>>
>>128810997
I grew up Southern Baptist and that's about half right. I wouldn't really say it pushed fear on me and it wasn't really paranoid of pop culture but the literalist interpretation is definitely true. They went to see the ark in Kentucky recently which just reminds me of when I was a teen and my sunday school teacher thought I was a heretic for not seeing any problems with evolution. I don't hate my time there but I've gained a richer understanding of the Bible since leaving and trying other churches though.
>>
>>128813101
>5 new churches have formed since then
Now that's a bit more impressive.
>>
>>128813353
Secondary Schisms I wasn't a part of, but those didn't happen until mine.
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 500x401px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 500x401px
>>128812143
>muh sola scriptura
No one cares about your Protestant heresy.
>>
>>128813720
The lines on the wrapper look like a penis.
Typical of the papists.
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 480x480px
>>128813861
...are you seriously that dense?
>>
>>128808005
I'll give you an actual answer OP.

I go to a Baptist church in BC. It's very liberal and it has some problematic doctrine. I don't believe traditional independent baptist churches a-la Anderson exist in Canada, so if you want that, give up now. If you do find one by chance however, let me know. Because as far as I know the Canadian Baptist Conference is completely pozzed, many of them have female pastors, no dress codes and teach evolution.

Here is what I do recommend however: watch out for what the preacher says, because many of them unknowingly will preach heresy. Do not be afraid to confront him about his sermons (not immediately obiouslyv, once you're fairly settled in) because you are an ambassador for Christ and the Bible. Watch out for constantly changing churches, just find one and settle in, and unless something catastrophic happens don't change Churches.

Lastly: Watch out for Catholic churches, you might crave tradition, but a tradition of anti-biblical doctrine is not one you want.
>>
Bn
>>
File: 60141091.jpg (29KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
60141091.jpg
29KB, 500x375px
>>128808005
>going to church
>>
>>128808005
Baptists are literally the worst. You should go for it.
>>
>>128815163
>the bible is literally the worst
>>
>>128813101
Top kek. That's a sign of a real robust religious group right there. A kid broke them apart by asking questions.
>>128811541
Do you vomit fourth this autistic hyper-religious stuff to everyone online or just exclusively in places it's a total non sequitur?
>>128813210
If you went to a Southern Baptist church that wasn't entirely crazy, more power to you. I've seen so many bad ones, and so many screwed up people who went to the bad ones, that I'm definitely biased.
>>
Orthodox and Catholics only. Protestants get out reeeeeeeeee fucking shallow heretics.
>>
>>128808005
Baptist churches are hit and miss.

I found a good independent baptist church where everybody owns guns and voted Trump. Openly hates liberals and stuff like that.

But MANY churches are infiltrated by New World Order shills.
>>
>>128815485
>ortholarps and cathocucks only
>>
>some cuck born in 1483 got so butthurt about not being able to divorce his wife starts a church
that's definitely the one you want to join. much better than the conman who got a special tablets only he could read or the pedophile arab.
>>
>>128815089
>he doesn't know about churches in the south

I'm so sorry for you, Anon.
>>
>>128815826
Tell me when protestants agree with the Church fathers

I am waiting
>>
>>128808005
Bring us the girl and wipe away the debt.
>>
this BTFO Baptis

"Since then these things are manifest to us, and we have looked into the depths of the divine knowledge, we ought to do in order all things which the Master commanded us to perform at appointed times. He commanded us to celebrate sacrifices and services, and that it should not be thoughtlessly or disorderly, but at fixed times and hours. He has Himself fixed by His supreme will the places and persons whom He desires for these celebrations, in order that all things may be done piously according to His good pleasure, and be acceptable to His will. So then those who offer their oblations at the appointed seasons are acceptable and blessed, but they follow the laws of the Master and do not sin. For to the high priest his proper ministrations are allotted, and to the priests the proper place has been appointed, and on Levites their proper services have been imposed. The layman is bound by the ordinances for the laity."

Source: St. Clement, bishop of Rome, 80 A.D., to the Corinthians

"Our sin will not be small if we eject from the episcopate those who blamelessly and holily have offered its Sacrifices."

Source: Letter to the Corinthians, [44,4]
>>
>>128815527
This is very true. Southern Baptist here; some can go off the deep end and end up like >>128810997 describes, others push too far to the left and start being progressive shills. (we've got a few in my Church, it's disgusting) Basically, if you have a good grip on the Bible, visit the church a good few times before joining, talk to the Pastor about the Church's particular doctrinal beliefs, and make your own assessment. If the people you talk to there voted Hillary and take about white privilege, leave. If they think that Harry Potter is the work of the devil, leave. (Well, I think with how the author's been acting that particular group may be justified now) Overall, just make sure the focus of the Church is always on the Bible and the teachings of Jesus, not their social/political issues of choice (probably good advice for all Churches.)
>>
>>128808005
>Adult baptism
Utterly blasphemous
>>
>>128815868

I actually just had this conversation with my wife. How embarrassing is it to have your church be founded on the desire of a tyrant to fuck another women because his current wife couldn't produce an heir.

Anglican is literally a cuck-tier denomination.
>>
File: image.jpg (207KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
207KB, 640x1136px
>>128816228
Check the fruit of sola Scripture out
>>
>>128811283
Catholicism is literally paganism
>>
>>128808005
I grew up in a Baptist church. Not bad people just limited vision and constricted belief system due to denominational doctrine. They believe the bible is true for the most part, but all the stuff Jesus said and did is for the average believer doesn't really apply to modern times. Some kind of expiration date involved. Now it's an all intellectual belief system. My advise: Go find a non-denomenational home church where people are real and can share and be themselves and read scriptures without a jacked up seminary view of the bible.
>>
File: image.jpg (223KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
223KB, 640x1136px
>>128816329
And just how embarrassing when this is your history
>>
>>128816147
>Tell me when protestants agree with the Church fathers
They don't, protestants are of the same ilk as Catholics.

>>128816230
Your source:
>Source: St. Clement, bishop of Rome, 80 A.D., to the Corinthians
my source:
>the bible
>>128816312
>john the baptist and jesus and all the early Christians were blasphemers
catholics, everybody
>>
File: image.jpg (206KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
206KB, 640x1136px
>>128816387
Like this I assume
>>
>>128811891
I hope you like following a religion that goes against the ten commandments by allowing idolatry
>>
>>128810997
the worst thing is they never address the synagogue of satan stuff
like jesus is prone to hyperboles and exaggeration about people being devil worshipers
>>
>>128816502
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAA

Chapter 13. The funeral pile is erected

This, then, was carried into effect with greater speed than it was spoken, the multitudes immediately gathering together wood and fagots out of the shops and baths; the Jews especially, according to custom, eagerly assisting them in it. And when the funeral pile was ready, Polycarp, laying aside all his garments, and loosing his girdle, sought also to take off his sandals,— a thing he was not accustomed to do, inasmuch as every one of the faithful was always eager who should first touch his skin. For, on account of his holy life, he was, even before his martyrdom, adorned with every kind of good. Immediately then they surrounded him with those substances which had been prepared for the funeral pile. But when they were about also to fix him with nails, he said, Leave me as I am; for He that gives me strength to endure the fire, will also enable me, without your securing me by nails, to remain without moving in the pile.
>>
File: image.jpg (219KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
219KB, 640x1136px
>>128816547
Meanwhile.:.::
>>
>>128816547

Veneration != worship

heretic scum
>>
>>128816502
>twisting words
Truly a protestant.
Adult baptism practiced by protestants is not the same as what john the Baptist's adult baptism.
>>
File: 1496410338481.jpg (30KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1496410338481.jpg
30KB, 500x500px
>>128816707
>i'm gonna convince this guy that the catholic church is the true way by quoting catholic texts
are you dense

quote me the bible, and then i might pay attention
>>
>>128816769
Wtf is that supposed to mean? Sounds like a pagan catholic cuck projecting
>>
>>128816547
meanwhile:
https://youtu.be/vsrwgd7rnR0?t=5m1s
>>
>>128816792
"muh Virgin Mary idolatry" is exactly the kind of ignorant, mindless shit you get from the worst of Baptists. You can tell it's motivated by tribalism because no matter how many times you explain it to them, they return to it.
>>
>>128816898
It means the early Christians are idolaters who make images and worship people

Chapter 13. The funeral pile is erected

This, then, was carried into effect with greater speed than it was spoken, the multitudes immediately gathering together wood and fagots out of the shops and baths; the Jews especially, according to custom, eagerly assisting them in it. And when the funeral pile was ready, Polycarp, laying aside all his garments, and loosing his girdle, sought also to take off his sandals,— a thing he was not accustomed to do, inasmuch as every one of the faithful was always eager who should first touch his skin. For, on account of his holy life, he was, even before his martyrdom, adorned with every kind of good. Immediately then they surrounded him with those substances which had been prepared for the funeral pile. But when they were about also to fix him with nails, he said, Leave me as I am; for He that gives me strength to endure the fire, will also enable me, without your securing me by nails, to remain without moving in the pile.
>>
Ex-Baptist (Catholic now) here. AMA.
>>
>>128815245
>leaf posting about the g*rman that single-handedly destroyed western solidarity and brought on centuries of infighting
>>
this bTFO bapshit

"This food we call the Eucharist, of which no one is allowed to partake except one who believes that the things we teach are true, and has received the washing for forgiveness of sins and for rebirth, and who lives as Christ handed down to us. For we do not receive these things as common bread or common drink; but as Jesus Christ our Savior being incarnate by God's Word took flesh and blood for our salvation, so also we have been taught that the food consecrated by the Word of prayer which comes from him, from which our flesh and blood are nourished by transformation, is the flesh and blood of that incarnate Jesus."

"First Apology", Ch. 66, inter A.D. 148-155.

"God has therefore announced in advance that all the sacrifices offered in His name, which Jesus Christ offered, that is, in the Eucharist of the Bread and of the Chalice, which are offered by us Christians in every part of the world, are pleasing to Him."

"Dialogue with Trypho", Ch. 117, circa 130-160 A.D.

Moreover, as I said before, concerning the sacrifices which you at that time offered, God speaks through Malachias, one of the twelve, as follows: 'I have no pleasure in you, says the Lord; and I will not accept your sacrifices from your hands; for from the rising of the sun until its setting, my name has been glorified among the gentiles; and in every place incense is offered to my name, and a clean offering: for great is my name among the gentiles, says the Lord; but you profane it.' It is of the sacrifices offered to Him in every place by us, the gentiles, that is, of the Bread of the Eucharist and likewise of the cup of the Eucharist, that He speaks at that time; and He says that we glorify His name, while you profane it."

-"Dialogue with Trypho", [41: 8-10]
>>
>>128808005
Hellfire
>>
>>128810997
I grew up Southern Baptist. You remind me of the edgy beta fedora faggot who sat alone in the corner and looked like he going to shoot up the school.

You would be a lot happier if you accepted Jesus into your life instead of being such a tryhard rebelling against your parents for not getting it man.

Also stop smoking pot.
>>
>>128810997
Sounds more independent Baptist than Southern Baptist.
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 300x400px
>>128817397
Except baptists are stupid
>>
>>128816980
Southern Baptist Convention doesn't allow women to serve in leadership roles so your picture is misleading.
>>
>>128810997
Sounds good to me. If that what it takes for an area to remain somewhat traditionalist...
>>
>>128816835
>Adult baptism practiced by protestants is not the same as what john the Baptist's adult baptism.
I don't speak for Protestants, I'm a Baptist and baptists aren't protestant.

Regardless, I'll explain it:

Baptism was the replacement for circumcision.
Circumcision was never done upon jewish children, but fully grown Jewish men who were ready to take upon an outwardly mark of devotion to God, aka a covenant. When Jesus came he said that instead of circumcision of your foreskin, you need to do circumscion of the heart, and he pointed towards Baptism being this replacement, something you should never do upon babies, because sprinkling babies with some holy water to "scrub away" original sin is not biblical, nor has it ever been (because why wouldn't the jews have done it too?).

>>128817092
>western solidarity
>Europeans fought about stuff for a little bit again until they all calmed down
who cares? "European solidarity" is not biblical and elevation of your race above others is idolatry.
>>128817397
>a leaf grew up southern baptist
how? does the SB convention even exist in Canada?
>>
>>128808005
Absolutely Heretical
>>
>>128808005
Fun. You won't be allowed to have any more if you become a Baptist.
>>
>>128817176
>bla bla bla the "church fathers" and the One™True™Church™ is the only way to heaven, this wall of text i'm spamming will prove it! biblical authority? what's that?
>>
>>128817545
/pol/ is a Christian board. You should have stayed back on the_donald. OP is accepting Christ into his life and you're trying to damn his soul because you don't want to be alone in your miserable existence in Hell.
>>
>>128817080
why did you stop being a christian
>>
>>128817914
Perfect example of a Baptshit.
>>
>>128816792
OK how do you explain all the pagan idolatry? The ten commadments, the only spoken word of God, are rules the Catholic oppose with their idolatry.
>>
>>128816268
No church is a good church.
And your music is shit.
Get fucked worshipers.
>>
>>128817921
Baptists are still stupid
>>
>>128817997
>i hate the bible
t. catholics
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 360x297px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 360x297px
>>128818002
Is this idolatry
>>
>>128808005
i joined a pretty comfy baptist church recently. quality sermons/teaching and good fellowship.
>>
>>128818075
Baptists hate the bible

Sola ego
>>
>>128816792
the gods of the vatican are repurposed from the roman pantheon
they're pagans anon, you can't spin it with redefined/made-up words
>>
File: IMG_0553.png (47KB, 500x523px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0553.png
47KB, 500x523px
>>128818075
>Strawman
>>
>>128810997
Sounds like my Baptist cousins.

Like, I'd love to go back to the religion of my forefathers, but if that's what I have to embrace...
>>
>>128808005
OP: Make sure to look up the convention of your church. You're looking for CNBC (Canadian National Baptist Convention). They are in partnership with SBC and the best you can get in Canada.

Most other churches are under United Church of Canada which is just cucked nonsense that doesn't actually care about scripture. They allow homosexuals, women, import muslims, etc. They're just a mess.

Just make sure you're joining for the right reasons (you have accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour). Don't join because "I don't believe but I want tradition" or "I want a qt Christian wife".

You will be asked to join a lot of weekly activities, prayer meetings, etc. Sunday Service should suffice but it's never a problem to be invited to too many things. Especially when a lot of them will help to expand your knowledge and understanding of scripture.
>>
>>128818176
This is a god

Chapter 3. Ignatius sails to Smyrna

Wherefore, with great alacrity and joy, through his desire to suffer, he came down from Antioch to Seleucia, from which place he set sail. And after a great deal of suffering he came to Smyrna, where he disembarked with great joy, and hastened to see the holy Polycarp, [formerly] his fellow disciple, and [now] bishop of Smyrna. For they had both, in old times, been disciples of St. John the Apostle. Being then brought to him, and having communicated to him some spiritual gifts, and glorying in his bonds, he entreated of him to labour along with him for the fulfilment of his desire; earnestly indeed asking this of the whole Church (for the cities and Churches of Asia had welcomed the holy man through their bishops, and presbyters, and deacons, all hastening to meet him, if by any means they might receive from him some spiritual gift), but above all, the holy Polycarp, that, by means of the wild beasts, he soon disappearing from this world, might be manifested before the face of Christ.
>>
>>128818182
>>128818174
if you you believe the bible why do you teach things against it?

things not found in the bible. not ONCE:

>infant baptism
>relic worship
>rosary
>indulgences
>veneration of mary
>confession
>tradition above scripture
>>
>>128808005
Obesity.
>>
File: image.jpg (209KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
209KB, 640x1136px
>>128818334
All bapshits hate the bible
>>
>>128811442
Tradition matters though.

Without it, you end up with (((Unitarian Universalists))). Or at logical extremes, Oneida Community or Münster.
>>
>>128808005
Do you watch Steven Anderson?

And What city are you in? Make sure it's IFBC andddddd use Jesus is savior.com for a list of proper churches in your area.

I goto the best Baptist church in BC. Anchor Baptist in burnaby.
>>
>>128818176

>gods of the vatican

Who? Look, I agree Papal submission and infallibility is hella stupid, but honoring saints/theotokos and asking them to watch over you is not idolatry. Sorry friend.
>>
File: the-church-militant.jpg (167KB, 788x525px) Image search: [Google]
the-church-militant.jpg
167KB, 788x525px
>>128808005
>2017
>willingly becoming a baptist

I would consider killing yourself immediately
>>
>>128818134
Saint worship is literally heresy
>>
>>128817718
>Circumcision was never done upon jewish children
Luke 2:21
>>
>>128818334
>Canadian National Baptist Convention

I go to a church under the Baptist General Conference of Canada, and I found some of their doctrine a bit problematic, for one they have an assistant female pastor.

Is the CNBC the more traditional wing of Baptists, or are they both similar in nature?
>>
>>128818410
Funny....

12 And by the hands of the apostles were many signs and wonders wrought among the people; (and they were all with one accord in Solomon’s porch. 13 And of the rest durst no man join himself to them: but the people magnified them. 14 And believers were the more added to the Lord, multitudes both of men and women.) 15 Insomuch that they brought forth the sick into the streets, and laid them on beds and couches, that at the least the shadow of Peter passing by might overshadow some of them. 16 There came also a multitude out of the cities round about unto Jerusalem, bringing sick folks, and them which were vexed with unclean spirits: and they were healed every one.

From Act 5
>>
>>128810997
Went to a Southen Baptist College and can confirm these are definitely general cons. Also (I know I already said this)
>Obesity.
>>
File: 1492900154528.jpg (71KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
1492900154528.jpg
71KB, 500x600px
>>128818562
>hella
shut the fuck up faggot

>>128818521
wow guys this redneck is based
he shittalks trannies and jew
fuckign based yo
based
>>
>>128818579
12 And by the hands of the apostles were many signs and wonders wrought among the people; (and they were all with one accord in Solomon’s porch. 13 And of the rest durst no man join himself to them: but the people magnified them. 14 And believers were the more added to the Lord, multitudes both of men and women.) 15 Insomuch that they brought forth the sick into the streets, and laid them on beds and couches, that at the least the shadow of Peter passing by might overshadow some of them. 16 There came also a multitude out of the cities round about unto Jerusalem, bringing sick folks, and them which were vexed with unclean spirits: and they were healed every one.

Oops
>>
>>128818410
See your first mistake was immediately assuming that I'm Catholic.

I just think Sola Scriptura is retarded.
>>
File: image.jpg (178KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
178KB, 640x1136px
>>128818726
Protestants are losers
>>
>>128812143
I can't really understand it either. Granted I'm not super well read on Catholicism, but Christianity seems to be pushed aside for Catholic stuff. This also confuses me when people say they're Catholic first and not a Christian like they're two different belief systems. It's also hard when most Catholic people I've talked to can't explain it to me either because they really aren't practicing.
>>
>>128818678
What am I supposed to be extrapolating from this scripture?
>>
>>128818791
The bible denies sola scriptura
>>
>>128818521
I lived in Langley at one time and couldn't believe the huge Baptist presence in Central and Southern BC. A lot of those guys would make an SBC church in rural Oklahoma blush.

Really combated the stereotypes of the coastal stoners and whatnot.

Super comfy. Lovely place.
>>
>>128818791
Oh, you're Orthodox? Congratulations it still applies to you retarded roleplayer
>>
John 6:53

>Jesus therefore said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in yourselves.

How is this symbolic sola scriptura faggots?
>>
>>128818853
Tell me why did the bible show the practice of venerating apostle peter and see his own shadow as powerful
>>
>>128808005
Baptists
>>
>>128818899
No. Thinking about it. But no not at the moment. Also see >>128818882

Nice dubdubz tho.
>>
>>128808005

baptists
>>
can i join a church because im lonely?
>>
>>128818899
Protestants contradict the early Christians

Deal with it
>>
>>128819051
>>128819058

hivemind :)
>>
>>128818853
>>128818899
You claim circumcision was never done upon jewish babies. When I post scripture directly contradicting you you ignore...hmmm
>>
File: 1437802514304.gif (17KB, 306x426px) Image search: [Google]
1437802514304.gif
17KB, 306x426px
Why would you do that? Instead of joining a Catholic or Orthodox church?

You'll have a church that is steeped in history and knowledge and you'd be able to read the church fathers until your old and gray.

Instead you want to go and wrestle some snakes. really made me think
>>
>>128817397
>I bet you smoke pot
Chris-chan, is that you?
>>
>>128818664
Yes. CNBC is the Canadian branch of Southern Baptist. No female leaders, no homosexuals, no "agree to disagree" on the doctrines, etc.

From there you can find churches ranging from contemporary (CCM music, comfy blue benches, etc.) all the way to very traditional (choir, pews, etc.). They're hard to find unless you live in Western Canada but any CNBC will be teaching you the right stuff.
>>
>>128819056
>i want to be a cool orhtodox roleplayer but i dont speak russian or greek yet >:( this sucks but haha soon i will be so i can be BASED fuck the catholic church btw XD
>>128819140
every instance of circumcision in the bible is done upon fully grown males. it's even in the mosaic law, dufus
>>
>>128819148
Can confirm. Baptist uncle literally looked me in the eyes and told me that "God commanded me to kill snakes. The Bible tells me so."

Paraphrased, to be fair, for I can't remember the exact wording. He did actually say he was commanded to kill snakes. I don't think I could mentally roll my eyes as hard as I did.
>>
File: 1472929673261.png (119KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1472929673261.png
119KB, 600x600px
Daily reminder that the Protestants let the Jews dominate Europe through finance and usury.

British Empire came to power because of usury. The British Empire created Israel. The British fucked themselves and America became the unofficial home of Zionist power.

Look how every member of the GOP even Trump has to suck Jewish dick to appease

guess who?

fucking retarded southern baptists and evangelicals. If you say one bad thing about the Jews to a Protestant you are basically a combination of obama and hitler
>>
>>128808005
>What are some things I should watch out for?
niggers. every religion effectively becomes voodoo bullshit to them
>>
>>128819327
Do you live in BC or Vancouver by any chance? Could you recommend one?
>>
>>128819387

"So then, if the mixed cup and the manufactured bread receive the Word of God and become the Eucharist, that is to say, the Blood and Body of Christ, which fortify and build up the substance of our flesh, how can these people claim that the flesh is incapable of receiving God's gift of eternal life, when it is nourished by Christ's Blood and Body and is His member? As the blessed apostle says in his letter to the Ephesians, 'For we are members of His Body, of His flesh and of His bones' (Eph. 5:30). He is not talking about some kind of 'spiritual' and 'invisible' man, 'for a spirit does not have flesh an bones' (Lk. 24:39). No, he is talking of the organism possessed by a real human being, composed of flesh and nerves and bones. It is this which is nourished by the cup which is His Blood, and is fortified by the bread which is His Body. The stem of the vine takes root in the earth and eventually bears fruit, and 'the grain of wheat falls into the earth' (Jn. 12:24), dissolves, rises again, multiplied by the all-containing Spirit of God, and finally after skilled processing, is put to human use. These two then receive the Word of God and become the Eucharist, which is the Body and Blood of Christ."

-"Five Books on the Unmasking and Refutation of the Falsely

Named Gnosis". Book 5:2, 2-3, circa 180 A.D. "For just as the bread which comes from the earth, having received the invocation of God, is no longer ordinary bread, but the Eucharist, consisting of two realities, earthly and heavenly, so our bodies, having received the Eucharist, are no longer corruptible, because they have the hope of the resurrection."

-"Five Books on the Unmasking and Refutation of the Falsely named Gnosis". Book 4:18 4-5, circa 180 A.D.

Explain
>>
>>128812143
Being Catholic myself, at a point in history all of western Europe was Catholic. We should follow our ancestors footsteps because now, they were almost always right.
>>
>>128817718
>who cares? "European solidarity" is not biblical and elevation of your race above others is idolatry.
there it is
the eternal christfag
>>
>>128819387
Luke 2:21 8 day old baby Jesus please if you hate and disagree with scripture just admit it. You're over halfway there claiming to be baptist
>>
>>128819509
explain what
>>128819542
any race or people can be perfectly moral individual as long as he believes in Christ, elevation of your race among others is pride and idolatry. this doesn't mean i want you to impregnate a black woman, but if that were to happen it wouldn't matter.
>>
>>128818883
Langley is the best. Do these churches still exist?
>>
>>128819573
>Muh scripture alone
>Doesn't know his scripture

wew. Thanks dude, I was worried this would be difficult.
>>
>>128819724
Explain why jesus lied
>>
>>128812143
This is true, but I kind of like it this way. You just have to have faith I guess that the pope truly is infallible servant of god and is allowed to make changes to the religion as society changes over time.
>>
Without the united forces of Christianity, Europe would have gotten blacked hundreds of years ago.

Who is holding the line today?

Poland and Hungary a hardcore Catholic nations

Germany, Sweden and England are leading the world in faggotry

France has always had a nigger fetish so they don't count
>>
>>128819573
I just told you that it's in Mosaic Law that you have to circumcise fully grown MALES. What don't you understand?
>>
>>128816230
this BTFO Catholics

What profit has not that fable of Christ brought us!" - Pope Leo X.
>>
>>128819867
That scripture say it was an 8 year old baby Jesus once again I understand you disagree with scripture just admit it.
>>
>>128819975
Tell me when bapshits believe that the eucharist is the glesh and blos of chridt
>>
>>128819801
you're telling me to explain some interpretation from the bible as fact when i obviously dont agree with that interpretation, just fuck off already
>>
>>128819867
>New Testament scripture directly relevant to Christ. Indicates child circumcisions were a thing.
>I just said it's in Mosaic Law
>Mosaic Law. OT.
>Emphasis on MALES, rather than ADULTS, which would be conducive to a counter claim.
>Implying Jesus was a woman?
>But referred to as He constantly
>Jesus was a trap?

Do you work in your church's cemetery by any chance?
>>
>>128820254
Tell me why jesus failed to protect his sheep
>>
>>128820145
the bible merely tells how jesus was circumsized when he was 8 years old, but the bible commands through Mosaic Law that circumscription happens as an adult. Have you never heard of the jews disobeying God? Are you dense?
>>
>>128820146
>glesh and blos of chridt

The power of Christ compels you!
>>
>>128820318
try actually asking me a question with context and i might try and answr it you turbo autist
>>
>>128819477
Nope. I live in Alberta. Do you live in Vancouver?

Go to cnbc(dot)ca/churches/?province=BC to find some in Vancouver. You should have no problem finding several there. If you live in a smaller area the choices may be limited

You can try different churches for a few weeks until you find one that fits your needs and plug into a specific church from there.
>>
>>128815089
yes, this.
>>
>>128818521
>Anchor Baptist in burnaby.
holy fuck i've been there
you got to send me a sign, how do i know its you?
>>
>>128820488
Why did God make hades prevail
>>
>>128820380
You just fucking said that all circumcision in bible occurs to adults and I'm the dense one come the fuck on heretic
>>
>>128820380
And it's days not years. Reading comprehension
>>
>>128816312
Good lord. Jesus was baptized at 30. You're point?
>>
>>128820625
>You just fucking said that all circumcision in bible occurs to adults
because it does, it says it should in mosaic law, the bible is merely telling that jesus was circumsized after 8 days, at no point does this say this was appropriate or not dickhead

do you even know what mosaic law is? have you read the OT?

also i typo'd years instead of days in one of my posts, ignore that
>>
>>128820795
Adult baptism in 30 ad is not the same as adult baptism in current year or any year after the church has decreed the correct path
>>
>>128813720
There's literally nothing wrong with prepackaged communion cups
>>
I was an independent fundamental Baptist for 3 years and it was okay. I am not anymore. Watch out for domineering men who think women who wear jeans is evil, they get the Bible right for the most part but god forbid if you like to dance for fun or like humor. They tend to be very uptight. Although they are very stoic witch is alright.
>>
Bu mp
>>
>>128820858
Are you for real? Who said anything about appropiate? You can't claim that all of an act that occurred in the bible is done upon an adult and then admit that it was done to Christ as a child and claim we are arguing about appropriateness . If you cannot see the problem there you're beyond my help
>>
>>128810997
I enjoyed the scripture writing and studying with the ibf church but Independent Baptists are the same way except they think men are automatically effeminate if they have long hair and yes the are overly-paranoid especially concerning dress code.
>>
>>128813101
Based Grandpa. My grandpa would have done the same thing, and maybe ending up clobbering one of them (well at least think about it).

Yeah be weary of churches OP, I have been trying to find a good church to go to and finally found a decent one. I haven't been involved as much because I'm quite shy. They preach from the NIV which kind of worries me, but otherwise everything seems good so far. They are also part of the Baptist Conference like >>128814813 which also concerns me. I'll give them a better shot though. One of the churches I tried out had a sermon where these two young adults gave a sermon in memes (think preaching the Bible then breaking out a meme every other verse). I left 3 minutes in, can't believe people were staying.
>>
>>128821563
Definitely a lot of fear driven crap there. wow.
>>
>>128813861
lol
>>
Religion in America seems to be more like a fashion accessory than anything else. You tell protrude Baptist or evangelical or something because it's good for your rep.
>>
>>128821344
Corinthians 7 makes it clear that if an uncircumcised man becomes a Christian, he is not to have himself circumcised (at least not for religious reasons). To do so would be a bad testimony to others, as it tends to indicate that the person believes that circumcision is a requirement of Christianity. It is not. To claim that any work of man is required for salvation is heresy. Salvation is by grace, not by works (Ephesians 2:8-9). Circumcision means nothing to God, since Christ’s death (see Acts 6:15; 1 Corinthians 7:19).

If you accept that Baptism replaced circumcision as the mark of the covenant, then you need to realize that throughout Jewish history circumcision was USUALLY done on adults, and not babies.
This means a couple things:
>circumcision was merely a mark of the covenant, and doesn't save you
>circumcision was usually done on adults as an outward expression of their faith
>baptism is the new mark of the covenant, and again doesn't save you
>baptism SHOULD be done on adults as an outward expression of their faith
Once again, the covenant old and new didn't and still don't save you.

in both instances of this mark of the covenant, old and new, they were done on infants, but this is not correct. Because it's an outwardly expression of your faith, and babies can't express their faith because they're stupid babies
>>
>>128821897
From me? I'll admit I am quite a reclusive individual (see: the website we're at), but I've gone to great churches before. I don't have any friends where I live now or much selection in churches, so I'm more apprehensive. I'll definitely go this weekend though. I don't want to be burned again (see: meme sermon just mentioned).
>>
>>128820599
Would you be open to a debate that does not include Catholic spamming and straw mans?
>>
>>128810997
You should also be aware that if you go they look down own people who go to the beach. They think people go there to sit around and lust all day. At least some Baptist churches.
>>
>>128820533
thanks
are the CNBC KJV only or does it vary from church to church?
>>
>>128822205
>USUALLY
Oh I thought it was all like you just fucking claimed you. So you admit you are wrong k thanks I'm done
>>
>>128822211
Well I'm at the same position you are right now I am searching around.
>>
>>128822497
Same here...
>>
>>128822400
>Oh I thought it was all like you just fucking claimed you.
what
>>
>>128817397
Not an atheist OR a degenerate pot-smoker, leaf. Just can't get down with a faith that demands blind rejection of obvious scientific truths or else muh eternal hellfire.
>>128817518
All I know is what I grew up around. I'm as opposed to anti-theism as a person can be, but that shit really pushed me away from organized religion early on in my life. I still have no use for it.
>>128817699
If "traditionalist" means "even more fundamentalist, to the point of willful, fearful ignorance, than the ancient Christian sects that gave birth to Protestantism," sure.
>>128817850
Fun and enjoying life is a sign of a sinful nature, anon.
Ironically, these types would sperg out if you explained to them the Gnostic origins of their inherent distrust of the physical world. "That ain't in muh King James Bible!"
>>128818285
Nobody 500 years ago interpreted the Bible literally. You have to go to modern "traditionalists" for that nonsense.
>>128818720
> Obesity
That's really an Southern thing, not a Baptist thing.
>>128822368
Absolutely. Any opportunity to judge other people for being less virtuous, they're all over it.
>>
>>128822580
Im on your side, and another question for paedobaptism in relation to circumcision is why do you baptize the women if circumcision was just for the males?
>>
>>128822580
>>128819387
>every instance of circumcision in the bible is done upon fully grown males.
>>
>>128822680
All I know is what I was around. And comeon you ever been to some of those potlucks?
>>
File: IMG_3672.png (1MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3672.png
1MB, 1242x2208px
Move to Arizona and attend this mans church.
>>
>>128822680
I agree with you mostly, except the kjv part. I wasn't ripping on them totally, they have scripture right but arrogance often festers in those churches.
>>
>>128820575
Lol send you a sign? Not sure how I would..

Have you been there since it moved to Armstrong? Beside the alliance church?

If you go there.. look for a white guy with a red head wife.. that's me and I'm the only one with a wife like that.
>>
>>128823110
And be a moron
>>
>>128822680
Sounds like your experience is very relatable to what I am going through right now. I also dropped out of Bible College after 160 credits and 4 years.
>>
>>128823110
This is the dream lol.

I flew in from Canada and visited. Greatest service of all time.
>>
>>128823253
ayo holdup is your name Joel?
>>
>>128822680
My old pastor used over 500 dollars in sheetz food...you can see why I left them. I was a decon and in charge of the money count. I am very weary these days no matter what denomination.
>>
>>128823376
Lol nope
>>
>>128823110
To me this man represents the epitome of anti-intellectualism in Christendom
>>
>>128823272
I will agree with you there
>>
>>128823502
damn, thought I knew you for a second.
do you know of any IFBC in coquitlam/poco? I don't drive currently(student) and Burnaby is kinda far away by bus
>>
I went to a first Baptist church and if you even asked questions regarding certain stories. They would always get angry.
I always feel like going back but my god. The pastor is really long winded.
>>
>>128823514
Well he is okay except he is very arrogant and likes to throw in his opinions such as voting, and women who wear jeans. The guy literally thinks human-kind that men have worn jeans throughout time but if your a woman and wear jeans. Then "Pastor Anderson" will say it is a sin for women to wear jeans. Sometimes I think he is insane. It is cool that he isn't full on Zionist.
>>
>>128823712
Hmmm nope but... Anchors pastor lives in port coq and he shuttles people in from there on the church van.

So he can drive you.
>>
>>128823514
this guy makes all Christians look retarded and he is basically rehashing arguments early Catholics and Protestants made hundreds of years ago

no one is ever going to take him seriously
>>
>>128823514
How? Everything he says is backed by scripture from the KJV. Mind pointing some of his lies out to me? If you can't stand this man you are either a Jew or a SJW pro fag God hater.
>>
>>128822756
>why do you baptize the women if circumcision was just for the males?
why was the old covenant only done by males? i'm not really sure, i'm sure some rabbi could explain it though. sorry to dissapoint
>>
>>128823939
Can you please post some examples? He preaches directly from the KJV. Every sermon he preaches is filled to the brim with scripture. He has to scream and yell about Jews being evil because no one else listens. Everyone just wants to bring faggots in the church. Not him.
>>
Find a small local church in yours or a nearby community.
That's what I did and my faith has only grown daily.
Meditate upon the Lord our God even outside of it.
>>
File: IMG_3681.png (2MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3681.png
2MB, 1242x2208px
https://youtu.be/k9U-uwCsYH8
>>
>>128823948
Its not hard to see that the man likes to throw in opinion over what the Bible says. It is not a sin for a woman to wear jeans in the Bible. Just because a woman wears jeans like the majority of the women in our country and they might cut their hair somewhat short does not mean they are "sinning" or trying to be "like men."
>>
>>128823916
Yea I guess he aint too bad compared to the Rev. Dr. Feminist Lesbian Rebecca, "we are all God's children," libtard "pasto... imposter."
>>
>>128824401
Yea, basically.
>>
B ump
>>
>>128808005
(Country) should be a theocracy and anything that we do not agree with is a sin and (Country) is going down the shitter because of it.
>>
File: joel-osteen-ministries-512x268.jpg (13KB, 512x268px) Image search: [Google]
joel-osteen-ministries-512x268.jpg
13KB, 512x268px
>>128811442

Be careful, though. "Non-denominational" is often code for Pentecostal or Charismatic, which is itself code for speaking-in-tongues nutjobs.
>>
>>128823063
The fatass epidemic is everywhere in the south. Some of the people I see on a daily basis...
>>128823130
I'm just funnin'. Not insulting the KJV really, but there's only so much I can stand of "This is God's perfect word!" Oh, really? What about the original editions? Not perfect enough before transition obscured the original text?
>>128823365
That's rough, man. It must be hard to turn your back on something like that, something religion-affiliated after that much time and commitment. (And money.)
>>128823467
A fat pastor isn't setting a very good example for his flock...
>>
>>128824392
Yes, obviously he's on the extreme right of Christianity but do you think this country needs more less of his hard preaching? He tends to throw personal opinions out there but at least he backs it up with scripture every single time. His belief system stems from scripture so blame the KJV for his views.
>>
>>128824749
unfortunately yes, you are right. And is it just me?? That I really hate Osteen's smile? lol
>>
>>128819815
l0l
>>
>>128824910
Well I do actually think the country needs to hear Truth and he does get it right (Mostly)
>>
>>128824934
It's pretty bad.
He looks like a conceited ken doll.
>>
>>128825256
Thank you, I die inside when I meet people who actually like the guy.
>>
>>128813101
That pastor is a moron. Claiming that a single Bible translation is somehow the single perfect authority is ridiculous. I believe that the original Greek/Hebrew versions hold final authority in my church and all ordained pastors need to be fluent in biblical Greek and Hebrew.
>>
>>128823948
>If you can't stand this man you are either a Jew or a SJW pro fag God hater.

Aaaannnnddd now I see why you like this guy, must be a similar personality kind of thing going on there (and most likely being filled with hatred). Also your false dichotomy is evident of your proneness to faulty logic like sanderson and all other KJV onlyists. Do you claim scribal infallibility for the translation of the Byzantine texts? Did you know one of the scribes was described as a drunkard? Did you know the original 1611 KJV was translated with the apocrypha? Have you even studied textual criticism before and know the differences between reasoned eclecticism, thorough-going eclecticism, and Byzantine authority? If you love the KJV so much how come you do not read the Pfalmes? Do you think the people updating the KJV to our contexual and cultural vernacular were infallible as well?

REEEEEEEEEEE

If you are shitposting you definitely got me and helped get out a lot of passive agressive anger towards arrogant, pompous KJV onylists and the bullshit I have to constantly hear.
>>
>>128824852
And now I no longer listen to "Pastors" who are overweight and like to rock that 80's mustache. lol
>>
File: Absolutely disgusting hitler.jpg (25KB, 214x265px) Image search: [Google]
Absolutely disgusting hitler.jpg
25KB, 214x265px
>>128808005
Any connection to Christ. You know you're in the wrong place when you see that. Only fucking Catholics and Orthodox have that, they're Satan.
>>
>>128825432
What church do you attend?
>>
>>128824036
Circumcision was done solely FOR males. Remember women are just property
>>
>>128808005
Go the way of the catholic church, everything else is heresy.

The fact that people can interpret a holy book in any way they want (without any background in theology) is the reason religious terrorism exists in the first place. Do you want to be a heretical terrorist or do you want to follow the steps of christ?
>>
>>128825539
Didn't know connection to CHRIST is not satanic

BAPSHITS are moron
>>
>>128825491
Let's cut to the chase, before I reply to any of what you said, which bible version do you feel is most superior?
>>
File: IMG20086106779HI.jpg (140KB, 800x1009px) Image search: [Google]
IMG20086106779HI.jpg
140KB, 800x1009px
>>128808005
I grew up in a strict Southern Baptist family. I literally had to be there every time the doors were open. Which was at least three times a week. I was very sheltered as a kid. No movies rated above pg. No music but christian and some country (as long as it wasn't about beer drinking or partying...I FUCKING hated it). I couldn't have sex until I was married. I literally had to wait until I was 20 years old. The girlfriend my mom chose for me and approved of, wouldn't have sex with me until we tied the knot. No oral or hand jobs aloud. I fapped often. At 28 I couldn't take it anymore. I lost my mind and because I didn't have a childhood, I sowed my wild oats and left my wife for a 16 year old. I had three kids and left it all behind. I eventually became a drug addict, because I couldn't live the terrible choice I made. I also became a staunch atheist. It made my life pure hell. I am the black sheep of the family. My family shuns me till this day because of my no religious views. So go ahead op. If you want to be around cultish people that control you with guilt. Don't say I didn't warn you.
>>
>>128825549
OPC Presbyterian
>>
>>128824706
Are you one of those post-mil, presuppositional apologetics, theonomist, presby kinda guys?
>>
>>128808005
Not my cup of tea. I like the liturgy and music of the episcopal church. I enjoy the Anglican Mission attachment to the Holy Spirit (part 3 of the trinity after the father and the son.)

Church for the sake of others.. http://www.c4so.org
>>
>>128825710
To be honest is not that what you do? Popes?
I hope you don't kiss the ass of the papacy. Show me where we are to have "Popes."
>>
>>128825805
Calvinism is stupid

And comtradicts all the early cjurch fathers
>>
>>128825549
Interesting.
>>
>>128825859
Presuppositionalism is pseudophilosophy
>>
File: IMG_3684.png (2MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3684.png
2MB, 1242x2208px
How can you not love this guy?

https://youtu.be/kG080J-63Jo
>>
>>128826030
Eat shit
>>
>>128824852
Looking at going to Liberty in the fall to study Philosophy (Habermas seems alright especially after debate with Flew) instead of getting a degree in Church Planting and saving the world by spreading the good news of the Lord Jesus Christ (or SBC faith and message)
>>
>>128825805
Dumb puppet
>>
>>128826135
Philosophy makes you see the srupidiry of protestantism
>>
>>128826011
Care to elaborate?
>>
File: 1403568944603.jpg (19KB, 170x213px) Image search: [Google]
1403568944603.jpg
19KB, 170x213px
Follow my advice OP

DO NOT GO TO A CHURCH THAT
>preach's any form of Prosperity Gospel
>Is filled with hip young people who wear skinny jeans and only use church as a social club
>Teaches King James only
>Is ANYTHING like Pastor Anderson
>Catholic, Jehovah Whiteness, Mormon

You should be good if you follow these steps.
>>
>>128825779
You know honestly... You should have been exposed to the real world more yes. Men, should not control you. But It sounds like your blaming them. Its not their fault that you blindly followed them. You should have been reading The Bible for yourself.
>>
File: 1487044003133.jpg (103KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1487044003133.jpg
103KB, 500x750px
>>128824356
excellent sermon brother.
>>
>>128811762
This.
>>
Is this brit that has been spamming stuff the same one that always rants about protestants?
I am genuinely curious, is there any reading that can show historical context/geneology from the church of acts to today's Catholic church or evidence/proof of Apostolic succession?
>>
>>128826329
Anyone who says that God picks and choose who he would save and damn before the creation of universe have no right to claim him as loving

He is only playing with his toys
>>
>>128825767
Well I studied Koine Greek and used to translate Scripture so I would say the Alexandrian texts if you would like to get technical widdit.
>>
File: photo-64230.jpg (9KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
photo-64230.jpg
9KB, 250x250px
>>128820931
>Using the current year as an argument
>>
>>128826420
The church of acts love shadows and think they can heal the sick
>>
>>128811947
We don't. We give as we are able.
>>
>>128808005
Lol

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6PUDd7LBb88
>>
>>128826384
What church do you go to and what version of the Bible do you hold superior?
>>
>>128825987
The pope = Peter.

Theology aside, the central authority is needed for a religion to fulfill its role in society as a stabilizing force. You need someone to be held accountable for the rights and wrongs of a religion. If you dont have that, you end up like the muslims, with nutjobs everywhere acting in name of allah and other muslims claiming they "are not real muslims".

In christianity we can 100% say that the people that dont follow the vatican dogma are not real catholics. Its the best way to keep the herd from doing stupid shit.
>>
>>128808005
I hope you end up in prison like Lex.
>>
>>128826500
How to say "fuck you" in koine geek?
>>
>>128826595
Ok so you are an autismo that just rants, got it. I'll wait till the next Catholic General to speak with someone that doesn't live on the spectrum.
>>
>>128808005
You should start watching Darth Pat Robertson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7XzA8VzkXg
>>
>>128826707
Lex Luthor was based on Martin Luther
>>
>>128826477
Denying unconditional election requires that you not take God's omniscience to it's logical conclusion. If God is in fact infinite, omnipotent, and omniscient, then he would know ahead of time whom he would save. Therefore he ordained from the beginning of time some to be saved and some to be damned
>>
>>128826723
Loser

Why xan't you do research yourself and show me the early church fathers are prodi
>>
>>128811541
>implying that reading the book cover to cover somehow makes you a better Christian
>>
>>128826054
Yes it is, looks we agree on two things now Catholic!
>>
>>128826682
I understand what you are saying.
So, what type of catholic dogma do you reject?
>>
>>128826727
Oh please not him..
>>
>>128826821
And thus make everyone have no free will and agency
Makes any statement of a loving God pointless
>>
>>128826858
Very good

What is fuck you in koine greek
>>
>>128826420
Yup its the same guy, I challenged him to debate but no response. His Catholic spamming is getting old, I have seen it for at least a year now.
>>
>>128826682
And what about the responsibility of individual liberty? It is not the churches fault if I sleep with someone's wife right?
>>
Hey this is OP.

Ended up changing my mind I did some research and Orthodox seems based.
>>
File: thiskillstheprotestantcuck.jpg (55KB, 714x881px) Image search: [Google]
thiskillstheprotestantcuck.jpg
55KB, 714x881px
>>128823110
Threadly Reminder: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVMZUgmrJrk
>1:15
>>
>>128813101
>Preacher begins telling kids the satellites passing over head are fallen angels looking to commit unholy acts
My sides
>>
>>128827041
I challenged you

And you had been debunked time and time again when you claim the church fathers dola Fide

Kys
>>
>>128827079
Hmmm yeahhh noooo...

Are you even saved?
>>
>>128819427
False.

Me=baptist
Me no likey the kikey.
>>
>>128827041
YOUR DEBATE WAS DEBUNKED RVERY DINGLE TIME DIPSHIT
>>
>>128827173
Very weird to tell another supposed brother to kill themselves.
>>
>>128827073
There is NONE OF THIS IN CALVINISM
>>
>>128827273
He bore false witness
>>
>>128827080
>Pastor Anderson is a sovereign citizen fag

Makes sense, he's an idiot.
>>
>>128827301
And that's why I am not a Calvinist.
>>
>>128827354
NONE OF THE EARLY CHURCH FATHERS BELIEVE OR AGREE WITH THE FIVE SOLAE
>>
>>128811728

Presbyterian mostly white people from my experience.
>>
>>128827378
>He likes unconstitutional checkpoints

Found the real faggot.
>>
>>128827385
But why did you believe in calvinism?
>>
>>128813720
communion drink, kek
>>
>>128826933
In my opinion, it's about perspective. Let us assume for a moment that you have omniscient knowledge of all things past present and future. You watch me flip a coin. From your perspective you know that the coin will come up heads, and that there is no way it could be otherwise, but from my perspective it's still a 50/50 shot to get heads or tails.

In the same way, God knows all who will be saved and damned, but because we don't know all we can do is follow his teachings. Living a Christian life is generally taken as a sign that God has called you unto salvation unless later contradicted.
>>
The false narrative of god and control based on fear?

Religion is a weapon anon, it removes fear of death and changes it to fear of a human made power. The Catholic church pushed Europe into the dark ages just like how Islam is trying to push civilization into another one.

Accept religions, but stand against the spread of it. If someone wants to believe in a higher power they will find it. The higher power doesn't need to come to anyone.
>>
>>128816312
better baptize a baby that has no clue how to talk let alone understand religion
>>
All these fucking newborns make me sick.
>>
>>128826667
Non Denominational.

I dont believe any one translation is superior. All are inspired with a few exceptions of blasphemous translations such as "The Message".
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
>>128827453
>act like a nigger
>get treated like a nigger
>>
>>128827482
How do you know how to perceive as God does?

If you can't, you cannot say Jack shit
>>
>>128827461
Huh? Oh never said I did.
>>
>>128827041
Obviously I would not debate by spamming you on a Mongolian basket weaving website, it would be with AUDITORY WORDS. And I do not know how to say fuck you in Koine, I translated SCRIPTURE, I will say say your logos is compared to skubalon!!!!
>>
>>128827469
Welcome to protestantism
>>
>>128827453
>defending this stupid behavior
Was your brain detained?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHoQhahXwEk
>>
>>128827622
Why?
>>
>>128827598
How does that have anything to do with what I said.
>>
>>128827655
Tell me when the early church fathers believe the five solaes
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1a9_WMPN28
>>
>>128827684
Why what? You are confusing me for real.
>>
>>128808005
http://www.foothillscc.org/watch-listen/?series=61

Here is a link to a to a video of baptist preachers seminar
>>
>>128827744
If you cannot TJEN your whole analogy is poinyless
>>
>>128827783
Why calvinism?
>>
>>128816334
Hey, it's the copy and paste Catholic spammer.
>>
>>128827655
You are a loser

You can't even show me DOLA Fide in the early church fathers
>>
>>128827852
52 posts by this id hahahahahaha you are one autistic catholicuck
>>
>>128827879
Did you debunk any of that?

Oh wait

No

Truth is truth
>>
>>128827764
I NEVER FUCKING SAID I BELIEVED IN THE 5 FUCKING SOLAS.
>>
>>128827852
I was never a calvanist. I was a Baptist. My very first post I made it clear I believe?
>>
>>128827961
Nsisnsn
>>
How many of you are from T_D?
>>
File: Screenshot_9.jpg (49KB, 520x298px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_9.jpg
49KB, 520x298px
>>128811891
>might as well become a LARPagan for all the good it will do you.

>Has used all the shit from the pagan religions
>>
>>128827989
Tjen what you believe in DUFOOS?
>>
>>128827961
THANK YOU FOR POINTING OUT WHAT IVE BEEN DEALING WITH FOR THE LAST YEAR
>>
>>128828011
CALVIN bapshit exist
>>
File: norlisk.jpg (245KB, 940x653px) Image search: [Google]
norlisk.jpg
245KB, 940x653px
Is this a Christian general?
Quick question, what are your opinion's on Saul- all of a sudden he changes his name and makes non-kosher and discounts a bunch of stuff- was he an infiltrator- also what are your views on kosher Christians?
>>
christcucks can't even stop fighting among themselves HAHAHA
>>
>>128828059
DIMWIT PRODDIE

STUPID GREEK
>>
>>128827529
>Non denominational
>doesn't even feel one Bible has a better translation than others

So what do you stand firm in except for
the cock in your ass?

>>128827587
>I OBEY ALL ORDERS LIKE THE GOOD GOY THAT I AM
>I MISPLACE BEING A NIGGER FOR CIVIL DISPOBEDIANCE

like the snake you are.
>>
>>128828076
You are not making any sense.
>>
>>128827453
If he got out of the vehicle and cooperated it probably would have went perfectly fine. There was obviously a reason behind it, probably has to do with a high volume of drugs coming through the area. If he had nothing to hide, just go with it. 99% of cops don't want to deal with shit and just want you to cooperate. Yah some of them are retards, what can you do about it?
>>
>>128828059
Yum re a skens
>>
>>128827817
Well, I assume that you also have no idea what God's perspective is like. In which case how do you know that God's sovereign election of the saved makes him unloving?
>>
>>128828153
Calvinist Baprist ecidt
>>
>>128828053
I believe in imagine by John Lenin...
>>
>>128828225
??
>>
>>128828178
But I do know whatever it is, if God is honest and does not lie, he did not cause sin

But if calvinism is true

He does
>>
>>128819065
Yes.
>>
>>128828282
Dumb atheist
>>
>>128828125
This is actually good for many reasons. Men have the ability to speak their mind freely and discuss things in which are important to them. It happens with every topic. Debate is both healthy and instructional for everyone involved.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (9KB, 238x212px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
9KB, 238x212px
>>128828138
>EEEYEHEHEEEAAAAAAAWAWWAAAEAEEEEEE
What did Pastor Anderson mean by this?
>>
why am I so smart?
>>
>>128828225
But seriously would you be interested in an AUDITORY debate like the shit they do with Destiny or whatever in the future?
>>
>>128828382
Sola scripture is false
>>
>>128828331
I agree.
>>
>>128818345

Who wrote this ?
>>
>>128828430
i don't want debate men

I only debate women
>>
>>128826409
You don't understand. I was brainwashed dude. I was fortunate to break away from that lifestyle. I was forced to live my life that way. They look at me as backslidden, and living in sin, because I do not go to church, pray and read my bible. You have no clue of the control that a church has over the people.
>>
>>128828513
Martyrsom of ignatiud
>>
>>128828091
>what are your views on kosher Christians?

Its a personal choice. Paul talks about this 1 Corinthians
>>
>>128828282
John Lenin sucks.
>>
>>128828091
If Saul/Paul was an infiltrator then he was a pretty good one seeing as he wrote damn near half the new testament canon. However, I don't think he was and it would be virtually impossible to take him out of Christianity as this point. Besides, his writings often closely match up with the writings of other apostles within a subject.

I have no innate problem with kosher Christians. Though God abolished the kosher system, he made no requirement that Christians violate it.
>>
>>128828523
And NO THIS IS NOT COWARD
>>
>>128828523
Well I'll identify as 72 year old opressed black woman for ya then.
>>
>>128828167
>IF HE HAD NOTHING TO HIDE DURRRRRR

hey, give me a copy of the key to your mailbox as well as your front door. I'm also going to need the password for you computer. I mean, you have nothing to hide, right?

It's so far beyond what your simple mind can comprehend. Do you think this country was founded on the principles of licking boots or being angry over shit such as a tax on tea? Coward.

>IF DA CHECKPOINT EXISTS DEN IT MUSTA BEEN FOR GOOD REASON

like the good little goy you are.
>>
>>128828596
God makes those who violate the system violate it
>>
>>128828331
Well, neither do I. Maybe I'll see you on the other side and then we'll know who's right.
>>
>>128828631
I don't debate protestants

Denounce the five solas
>>
>>128828680
I see, you're not a nigger. You're a beaner.
>>
>>128828593
Yea he was also a woman beater who a lot of hippies base their worldview off of
>>
>>128828526
No, I do. I don't like people breathing down my neck either.
>>
>>128828699
Your God is a liar
>>
>>128828796
Dumv atheist
>>
see HAHAHAH FIGHTING EACH OTHER LMAO
>>
>>1288287
Ok I denounce the 5 solas, would you be interested in a auditory debate now?
>>
>>128828826
We shall see.
>>
"For you ignore God's law and substitute your own tradition." Mark 7:8
The idea that the Catholic Church can make traditions that equal God's law is flat out wrong.
In Saint Peters Square is the Obelisk of Ra, taken from Egypt, with a Pagan sun wheel at it's base. The obelisk of Ra the Sun god, was set up to create shadows from the Sun into that wheel during the sunset and sundown of the shortest and longest days of the year in honor of the pagan traditions of men. The Catholic Church has taken up pagan traditions and the symbols of pagan gods and set them into their midst. They have substituted god's law for their traditions. And by doing so set themselves as the harlot who cheats on God with the beast of this world. It is Babylon the Great the harlot that sits on the 7 hills.
>>
>>128828898
You still there?
>>
>>128828796
Yea, that is true I looked that up recently.
>>
>>128828924
I am not happy
>>
>>128826477
6 It is not as though God’s word had failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel. 7 Nor because they are his descendants are they all Abraham’s children. On the contrary, “It is through Isaac that your offspring will be reckoned.”[b] 8 In other words, it is not the children by physical descent who are God’s children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as Abraham’s offspring. 9 For this was how the promise was stated: “At the appointed time I will return, and Sarah will have a son.”[c]

10 Not only that, but Rebekah’s children were conceived at the same time by our father Isaac. 11 Yet, before the twins were born or had done anything good or bad—in order that God’s purpose in election might stand: 12 not by works but by him who calls—she was told, “The older will serve the younger.”[d] 13 Just as it is written: “Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.”[e]

14 What then shall we say? Is God unjust? Not at all! 15 For he says to Moses,

“I will have mercy on whom I have mercy,
and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.”[f]
16 It does not, therefore, depend on human desire or effort, but on God’s mercy. 17 For Scripture says to Pharaoh: “I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.”[g] 18 Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden.

19 One of you will say to me: “Then why does God still blame us? For who is able to resist his will?” 20 But who are you, a human being, to talk back to God? “Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it, ‘Why did you make me like this?’”[h] 21 Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for special purposes and some for common use?

Romans 9: 6-21
>>
>>128829006
We know.
>>
>>128828977
I will NOT debate atheists
>>
>>128829049
Why did paul say God judge by conduct?

Why one reap what he sow
>>
>>128829006
Ok, I admit Catholic Priests were and are justified in their ass fucking of little boys because they can't get no poon man. Also there is nothing wrong with the pope liking nigger feet, s'all good brother.
>>
>>128828810
Did you ever stand up to them though?
>>
>>128817921
/pol/ is a jewish board
>>
>>128829171
Where is sola Fide in the early church?
>>
>>128829084
Because your entire schtick is based on attacking protestants. And shifting argument away from the Catholic Church when you know the Catholic Church is shown to be wrong or at times even evil.
Your copy and paste tactics against Protestants don't work on Atheists
>>
>>128829196
Do you eat shit

Baptists do that
>>
>>128828526
I replied to my own post, sorry, I do that a lot.
>>
>>128829084
I am not an atheist I would be defending Protestantism or the doctrines of Baptists
>>
>>128829254
So what? Proddies are also equally as BAD
>>
>>128828574

yes but who wrote it ? not polycarp or ignatius him self

Something what never happend in the bible

Chapter 7. Ignatius appears in a vision after his death

Now these things took place on the thirteenth day before the Kalends of January, that is, on the twentieth of December, Sura and Senecio being then the consuls of the Romans for the second time. Having ourselves been eye-witnesses of these things, and having spent the whole night in tears within the house, and having entreated the Lord, with bended knees and much prayer, that He would give us weak men full assurance respecting the things which were done, it came to pass, on our falling into a brief slumber, that some of us saw the blessed Ignatius suddenly standing by us and embracing us, while others beheld him
>>
>>128829344
Dumb protesturd
>>
>>128829360
But that's why your argument doesn't work on Atheists. They are trying to prove both are wrong. You are trying to defend the Catholic Church.
>>
>>128829366
POLYCARP and Ignatius aren't the bible
>>
>>128829285
LOL no hahahaha what the hell? I already told you I used to be Baptist. And no I don't eat like them they tend to be gluttonous. Are you full of laziness?
>>
>>128829418
I am showing you eetard
>>
>>128826135
Are you southern baptist?
>>
>>128829490
You are showing what?
>>
>>128829455
IF I AM LAZY WHY AM I THE ONLY ONE WITH HISTORICAL AND ACADEMIX Sause
>>
>>128829447

still no source for the text .... sad
>>
>>128829555
Because you copied a bunch of stuff from a couple of sources a year ago and you paste spam it in every Christian thread.
>>
>>128829608
>martyrdom of IGNATIUS

NIGGER I GAVE IT TO YOU
>>
>>128829670
And NO PRODDIE CAN REFUTE TJEM

HAHAHAHAHHAHAAH
>>
>>128829555
I was talking about physical laziness. But if you think you are such an academic then go on ahead an keep pretending. And sause?? You mean sause? Like pizza sauce?
>>
>>128829740
Too smart
>>
>>128829366
Please deal with this coward, Its 12:30am where I live and I have to paint a house tomorrow. As for you Catholic spammer I know I will see you again and you better be ready for an AUDITORY debate.
>>
>>128829787
Tell me when protestants actually post sxholarship and church father
>>
>>128829845
>I hate words
>I hate typing
Loser
>>
>>128829740
I've seen people refute them in the past extremely well actually. You just spam so fast when that happens that it's difficult for people to keep up.
>>
>>128829849
For such a scholarly man you spelling sure does suck.
>>
>>128829845
SRUPID proddi
>>
>>128829849
Your*
>>
>>128829893
>no proof
And I debunked them ALL
>>
>>128829893
Show me which PRODDIE prove the early church sola Fide

Oh wait

I RESPONDED TO THAT
>>
>>128829891
And you are a faggot and a coward who wouldnt be able to defend his ideas in a formal debate like civilized white gentleman do.
>>
>>128829942
You didn't debunk anybody, you just spam threads. That isn't debunking.
>>
>>128830013
FORMAL WRITTEN DEBATE AND MAYBE I WILL ACCEPT
>>
>>128829987
You like getting Prodded? That's not good man.
>>
>>128829987
I've seen it in other threads. I didn't read through this thread.
>>
>>128830014
>I cannot address any one of them

Tell me when the church fathers five SOLAE
>>
>>128830069
>Let me spam my copy and past material.
>>
>>12883001
DESU if I found out this guy got his throat slit by Achmed during a mass service, my heart might feel a little warmer
>>
>>128830089
I RESPONDED TO THAT EVEN INPREVIOUS THREADS

EVERY FUCKING TIME AND PRODDIES CANT EVEN ANSWER
>>
>>128830150
Loser
>>
>>128830121
Tell me why there is a pagan obelisk of Ra the Sun god at the vatican?
>>
>>128830177
Dumv Protestabt

Can't written debate
>>
>>128830207
Wait but you like getting Prodded though. It's not hard to tell you have something up your ass. You seem kind of uptight.
>>
>>128830252
>MUH conspirashit
This is NOT denunkjgnme
>>
>>128830326
I win
Thread posts: 408
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.