[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Research Suggests Police Speak Less Respectfully to Black People

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: mmb4t4pdvossgqcuyysm.jpg (95KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
mmb4t4pdvossgqcuyysm.jpg
95KB, 800x533px
http://www.theroot.com/report-police-speak-less-respectfully-to-black-people-1795841635

>Researchers studying the use of language by police found that officers in Oakland, Calif., are more likely to speak to white people with a higher level of respect than they give to black people. While this news of racial disparity should come as a shock to no one, it is information worth investigating to see if such disparity is widespread.

>For the study, which was published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences on Monday, researchers used 183 hours of bodycam footage taken during 981 routine traffic stops by 245 different officers with the Oakland Police Department in April 2014, CNN reports.

>The footage was transcribed, and 312 utterances spoken to black community members and 102 utterances spoken to white community members were randomly selected by the researchers for volunteers to analyze.
>>
>>128746983

>http://theroot com/report-police-speak-less-respectfully-to-black-people-1795841635
https://archive.is/SzGbn
>>
File: c2ez9fxnxbzvooe6azpm.jpg (56KB, 359x430px) Image search: [Google]
c2ez9fxnxbzvooe6azpm.jpg
56KB, 359x430px
>The volunteers were asked to read the transcript of one community member’s utterance and the response from the police officer and then, using a four-point scale, rate how respectful, polite, friendly, formal and impartial the officer was.

>The study found that white community members were 57 percent more likely to have an officer speak politely to them, while black community members were 61 percent more likely to have an officer speak to them less respectfully.

>According to CNN, the racial disparity happened despite the officer’s race, and among most officers, and the disparity emerged early in the interactions.

>>128747014
Oh just fuck off bot
>>
>>128746983
>randomly selected
what

also
>black buy calls officer a big guy
>officer answers "for you"
>>
I wonder if black people speak less respectfully to police? hmmm
>>
>>128746983
Research Suggests Black People Speak Less Respectfully to Everyone

Respect is a two way street and is not automatically given.
>>
>>128746983
>TheRoot
>Most racially charged anti-white blog on the internet
>This is a legit article with facts, guyz
>>
>>128746983
Research also suggests that not graduating high school results in poor communication skills, nigger.
>>
>>128746983
maybe because black people speak with NO respect to them?
>>
>>128746983
I CAN GET DAT FO FREE???
>>
>>128747114
You're a big guy
>>
>>128747114
stop posting clickbait and he will
>>
>>128746983
Black people regard a lot of really weird and specific things as disrespectful, compared to white people.

What kind of metric was used to determine thing? Was it asking the black guy if the cop spoke respectfully?
>>
>>128746983
This surprises nobody with any real life experience
>>
>>128746983
>The “For You” was not detailed in the study (or I missed it when reading) but it is interesting to see that it is not really logged in stops among White people. It is scored as Respectful but why does it only score among Black people? This leads me to believe that it is coded language but I can’t figure out what.
What the fuck is this timeline?
>>
>>128746983
Sources say blacks speak less repectfully than non blacks.
>>
>>128746983
Its all in your attitude towards them. There are dick cops out there for sure but for the most part if you show respect they will do the same for you.
>>
File: ebonics.jpg (133KB, 492x436px) Image search: [Google]
ebonics.jpg
133KB, 492x436px
>>128746983
Black people don't understand you if you use proper English. You have to use Ebonics.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.