[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HAPPENING FED BOMB - TRUMP BETRAYAL EDITION

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

File: pepe stressed.jpg (131KB, 864x864px) Image search: [Google]
pepe stressed.jpg
131KB, 864x864px
Get in here!

Situation: The Trump administration has selected candidates for at least two of the three open positions on the Federal Reserve’s Board of Governors, according to people with direct knowledge of the decision. The expected nominees include Randal K. Quarles, and Marvin Goodfriend.

> Goodfriend is described in the piece as a sceptic of the Fed’s bond-buying
> However, it’s also worth noting that Goodfriend’s opposition to balance sheet expansion is paired with a radical willingness to embrace deeply negative rates.
>Of course, deeply negative interest rates are difficult to impose when paper money exists as an alternative.
>Goodfriend’s proposed solution to this challenge is truly radical
>the value of a paper dollar would no longer be guaranteed. It may say $10 on the front but if the policy rate were -10 per cent the piece of paper would only be worth $9.

-> If you have a $10 bill and you would deposit this on your bankaccount, you'd get $9 on your bankaccount.

> Cash will be unwanted, thus demand for cash falls, price of cash falls (instead of getting $9 for $10, you'd get $8).
> People will start bringing all their cash to the banks

= cashless society.

sounds kinda ((()))
https://ftalphaville.ft.com/2017/06/02/2189711/one-of-trumps-potential-fed-picks-is-a-huge-fan-of-negative-interest-rates/
>>
do not let this slide /pol/
>>
>>128728882
So bitcoin ?
>>
still kicking myself for trying to wait for ethereum to pull back to $43 :(
>>
>>128728500
>value of paper dollar no longer guaranteed

"Value" is not guaranteed today. there is no "value" to the dollar beyond its fiat status
>>
Trump has said he likes a week dollar because it brings foreign investment foreign markets by our goods
>>
>>128728500
Value of money has been speculative since always.

Lets be honest, aside being shiny what makes gold have any worth?
>>
>>128733196
you can't print it
>>
>>128732701
the whole world has been floating on fiat money for so long (since tricky dick) that there is NO non fiat currency.
>>
>>128733196
It satisfies all the properties that real money should have, namely it is: tangible, durable, fungible, divisible, portable, a medium of exchange, a unit of account and, most importantly, it is a store of value over long periods of time. This last point is where fiat currencies fail.
>>
>>128733196
Scarcity
(((Jew)))lry
Electronics
>>
>>128728500
Maybe they'd just never take it to the bank
>>
>>128733196
Its rarity combined with its inherent thermal and electrical conductive properties
>>
>>128733394
i don't disagree, and fiat in and of itself isn't the problem. it's the CBs endless printing that is a ticking time bomb. A fiat currency would be stable if the money supply wasn't expanding
>>
One of the biggest risks to Trump's presidency right now is an economic collapse. Gotta keep the party going..
>>
>>128734162
if he is as smart as we give him credit for, we can bet his tweets and public statements that MSM are constantly worried will upset global balance are actually market stabilizing psyops
>>
>>128733196
Scarcity, even if artificial.
>>
>>128734451
I don't see the logic. Stuff like that can be a self fulfilling prophecy, akin to causing a run on a bank.
>>
>>128734507
problem with gold is that it's price is set in paper futures contracts, which aren't delivered on, so not representative of the supply/demand relationship. Basically people "own" more gold than actually exists. which keeps the cap on prices.
>>
>>128734685
well basically he knows that a crash would be (wrongly but effectively) blamed on him. whether it's flirting with war or teasing tax cuts, obamacare repeal, he can push the necessary narrative depending on daily conditions
>>
>>128734761
And when you see the gap between paper gold and physical gold start to really become detached, then it's time to grab your ass with both hands.
>>
File: nixon.jpg (15KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
nixon.jpg
15KB, 350x350px
this would accelerate crypto development and proliferation. we've got the cinderblock on the gas, time to pop the clutch and send this bitch off the cliff.
>>
>>128734971
see current conditions
>>
>>128735069
only a matter of time until the government intervenes to regulate it.

at one point it was illegal to store wealth in gold, you know.
>>
>>128734761
>roblem with gold is that it's price is set in paper futures contracts, which aren't delivered on, so not representative of the supply/demand relationship. Basically people "own" more gold than actually exists. which keeps the cap on prices.
This is how Zionists turned gold into fiat currency.
And it shouldn't be allowed.
>>
>>128735501
I've been watching it slowly come apart since I started watching it about 10 years ago after getting spooked by the housing bubble. But it's still largely under wraps, i.e. still good conditions for buying physical if a person thinks that's a good idea.

As for the OP, I'm thinking this is largely a combination of the (((MSM))) trying to push one of (((their guys))) and setting the basis to build a narrative. I guess it's not very surprising they sat on the issue of fed appointments until the "right time" -- kind of a big gorilla in the room.

If we don't think Trump is financially illiterate, then we should assume that he knows both of the presented strategies would be deleterious to the people he poses himself to represent, and contrary to his suggested path of growing out of a potential major collapse. I, for one, have never intended to bat an eye at the inevitable threats for crashing the economy as a control mechanism.
>>
>>128736012
08 really woke me up in my dorm room

>skipping class glued to CNBC
>no idea what any of it meant at the time
>QE, toxic assets, mortgage backed securities, derivatives, etc.

Nothing has changed. Banks still have INSANE derivative exposure. Next toxic asset bubble is sub prime auto loans. QE keeps going and going...
>>
>>128736445
and the student debt bubble
>>
>>128736445
Yup. They kind of painted themselves into a corner. I get the impression they were hoping they'd be able to roll it into something closer to a world government and new international financial regime by now, but they don't really have much of an option than to figure out new ways to fudge it. I found the series of attempts to make Greece pay denbts only to always say
>oh, uh, actually, hey look over there!
and then keep going as if there were no problem to be rather telling about how fragile and imaginary all the debt is.

I still remember in '08 debating with friends about whether there would be another round of QE or not. I guess I'm winning the bet so far, since I've not had to change my position that they have no option than to continue QE until they can't anymore and it falls apart no matter what they do.
>>
>>128734451
>market stabilizing psyops
I get that sense too but I don't really see how that works. I'm a bit dense when it comes to economics. Mind explaining?
>>
>>128735901
i think it's more about decoupling gold from the traditional inverse tracking relationship with the equities markets
>>
>>128736702
And commercial real estate, which wound up not getting dragged into the housing bubble after all, but which now faces a brick & mortar retail collapse.

Not pretty. But since the globalists own most of that real estate as part of the games they play to keep from going upside down, I'd guess maybe they'd use it for regentrifying UN 21 enclaves (for the population replacement migrants?). I guess it's either that or holding on to it until mass population reduction and then they can have private patches of rewilded wilderness reservation.
>>
Japan's situation is even worse though if I'm not mistaken. So who knows where things are going to go.
>>
>>128736869
>>128734942
>>
File: 1482908769104.jpg (65KB, 762x762px) Image search: [Google]
1482908769104.jpg
65KB, 762x762px
>>128728500
>>
>>128737263
I believe the name of the game for now is for the US to be least worst so as to not lose geopolitical dominance in whatever storm might be coming.
>>
>>128736702
Can't default on student loans

>unless you pay them all in credit cards and then file for bankruptcy protection :) just a hint
>>
>>128734942
So, how does this put him in a position of leverage? I'm not understanding.

How do his tweets stabilize the market? It seems like they would undermine foreign confidence in our market.
>>
>>128737576
Oh, you devil :3

Just goes to show the black market always wins in the end.
>>
>>128732701
>petrodollar
>fiat currency
Pick one. A fiat currency by definition cannot be backed by a real world commodity.
>>
>>128737875
It's a little more complicated than being backed by oil, and I'm not sure that's still as adequate a model as it used to be. But even back in the day what it was really backed by was indeed fiat -- the ability of the government to dictate that people had to accept oil backing, and by military force if needed.
>>
>>128737576
smart but good luck getting a $40K+ credit limit
>>
>>128728500
Help me poljesus, how long do we have before we need to have our shit in order to survive this?
>>
>>128737875
well they can print as much as they want. not tied to oil in that sense.
>>
>>128738945
I have just under 20k in debt but I can get most of it paid off in 1 year at the rate I'm going now. Halp wat do. Should I make a dip and toss a grand into crypto asap? Or is getting off the Jew asap more important here
>>
>>128733196
>muh electronics

Yes, that why the king of Babylon had gold coins, so they can make iphones
>>
>>128738545
not as hard as you think. remember they want you to have more credit than you can afford. be good with a 10k card and they will bump your limit after a few months, then you can apply for more. keep your utilization low (5%) until it's time to pull the trigger.
>>
File: 1445647988429.jpg (27KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
1445647988429.jpg
27KB, 500x364px
>>128728500
Who cares? Inflation has the exact same effect.

Its pretty clear to anyone with a triple digit IQ that the end is near. Why is this, above everything else, making any of you worried?
>>
>>128739109
The Navy would say it's going to HAPPEN at 3pm tomorrow, i.e. if you're not ready now then you won't be ready when it happens. That would be the optimal mindset.

In reality, it's more about doing better tomorrow than you did yesterday -- always improving. All things being equal, as a normie you would want to tend to avoid debt. If you've got one year to go, that's better than a lot of people. But I would say if you want to divert 10% or 15% or whatever of your revenue toward investments just in case, then that would be playing it safe.
>>
>>128728500
How the fuck can we get out from the disaster that had been brewing with our fraudulent markets without utter chaos? I don't see any way this ends without a bloodbath or more kicking the can down the road.
>>
>>128740195
I don't see it as being mathematically possible. Ultimately it has to be basically debt jubilee, whether that comes in the form of slowly inflating it away, a crash, a new currency regime, or whatever else.

I think the better way to think is along the following two axes:
1. What will you have of value on the other side regardless of Jewish number tricks?
2. Who will be in power on the other side regardless of Jewish number tricks?

Keep your eye on the future and don't fall prey to fear; fear is a control mechanism. And what can you personally do about it anyway? Just do whatever you can do about it. No sense worrying about the weather. The weather is going to do just as it pleases.
>>
>>128740195
We take the chaotic bloodbath now and rebuild. Better to do it now while we still have enough smart goys to counter Jewish manipulation.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.