[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HEY COMPUTER GEEKS

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_7880.jpg (17KB, 300x243px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7880.jpg
17KB, 300x243px
I have believed the Russian hacking stuff to be bullshit.

But 'The Intercept,' which I generally like and believe, anyway, reliable info wise
published a leaked nsa memo re other Russian hacking, essentially of voter registration systems

https://theintercept.com/2017/06/05/top-secret-nsa-report-details-russian-hacking-effort-days-before-2016-election/

The leaker has been outed and arrested.

But there may be reason to believe this is bullshit:

http://www.moonofalabama.org/2017/06/do-not-trust-the-intercept-or-how-to-burn-a-source.html

Thoughts?

These are kinda long articles so I don't know if this will disappear before the thread has a chabce to develop.

As an initial matter maybe just focus on the intercept story? Or jump in if this all shit you already know about.
>>
File: IMG_7882.jpg (33KB, 500x502px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7882.jpg
33KB, 500x502px
NSA Leaker Called Trump A "Piece Of Shit", Is A Fan Of Bernie Sanders

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-06-05/nsa-leaker-called-trump-piece-shit-fan-bernie-sanders
>>
Her name was Reality Winner
>>
The first red flag should have been her name.
>>
>>128721806
She seemed to have questionable morals. If we can suffer from seeking to affirm our own view of the truth there's no reason a leaker can't. Plus all the info they've had so far has been pure BS.
>>
File: 1496557112752.png (1MB, 802x854px) Image search: [Google]
1496557112752.png
1MB, 802x854px
>>128721806
The memo is essentially bogus, we get pinged and probed constantly by literally every foreign nation with computers, looking for vulns, Russia among them.
>>
She speaks 3 languages probably rare enough that she probably got paid pretty well.

I knew a guy who spoke 6 languages in college.

I think he must have been stupid in all if them.

Trump is buzzing Russia with bombers now too (in fairness they have done that to us, near Alaska)

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-06-06/russia-scrambles-fighter-jet-intercept-us-b-52-bomber-over-baltic-sea

Of course, Russia and Alaska are geographically close and nothing much important there bear the Beeing Strait.

But our planes are no where near our shores, near a lot of their important shit, and the idea seems to be showing Russia they support the Baltic states or some shit.

I'm freaking out about ww3 today. Not helped by the fact I dreamed it started on June 11.
>>
>>128723758
The memo is real

the problem is people reading too much into it

Fucking colorblind people can't tell the difference between a white, yellow, or green line
>>
>>128723758

I'm sure not by Israel though. We'd read about it in every paper etc.

Besides- they are our greatest ally in the world because they share our values, whatever those values are, I'd have to check my notes at this point.
>>
>>128724067
Didn't say it wasn't, it's just the equivalent of an everyday inbox clutter for those guys.
>>
>>128724184
Why would they bother? They just have to ask and whatever information they want is sent right to them.
>>
>>128721806

They used her because she looks innocent.
Her body of work proves she is not some dweeb.
>>
File: 1496265546375.gif (2MB, 202x360px) Image search: [Google]
1496265546375.gif
2MB, 202x360px
>>128721806
Actually read the link, its not hard.
It is Popular Mechanics-tier article on theoretical spearfishing 101. It isnt even.specific on how it would occur.

It is precisely something a 20-something know nothing would see and.confirm their bias if they were constantly fed "muh russian hackerz" for the past 6 months in the news
>>
>>128724624

Thanks for letting me know that reading is not hard, pal, but I ask because I dont know the first think about computers/tech beyond Microsoft Office - I study other shit.

But the confirmation bias thing I get.

Thren there's the Backfire Effect...

Can I presume the NYT and CNN will makes this into an 'attack on our democracy?'

If Russia did what Israel does we'd have had ww3 by now.

https://consortiumnews.com/2017/04/20/why-not-a-probe-of-israel-gate/

/// this is a soft coup in progress; a domestic color revolution that will work because the msm is wholly controlled and because people are idiots

https://consortiumnews.com/2017/05/13/the-soft-coup-of-russia-gate/
>>
File: IMG_1042.png (235KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1042.png
235KB, 640x1136px
She worked for Pluribus International which doesn't even have contracts with the NSA. They work for the CIA who targeted her and used the file as a honeypot knowing she would Leak in order to bury the Seth Rich(real NSA) investigation.
>>
>>128721806
Dont the vault7 leaks and a variety of other industry type leaks provide us with an understanding that all of this data can be manipulated in a near invisible way by our intelligence agencies. And dont we get that these agencies compete for funding, missions, importance, etc so that it isnt a stretch to think that one compartmentalized unit manipulated data so that when a real report was issued no one from outside the team working on the project would have know. We constantly hear of interagency competition. Do we now believe they've come together to work hand in hand in this one issue? We cant even get a consensus on how many scoops of icecream is appropriate at a presidential dinner in this country. Why do we believe the most agenda driven voices? When will we take a step back and recognize that most likely we started this brush fire ourselves and that running around town looking for an arsonist is simply a sadly pathetic display of where we are as a nation.
>>
>>128726463
Yes they do, but you can't explain that to fucking idiots :)
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.