[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Response to African Child Fallacy

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: 11111111111.jpg (65KB, 739x685px) Image search: [Google]
11111111111.jpg
65KB, 739x685px
What is the reasonable conservative/Christian response to arguments like pic related?

Seems like you can't talk about terrorist attacks like London without a Muslim bringing up some airstrike that killed a bunch of civilians. I understand that the majority of /pol/ will avoid having to think out a rational response to this by saying they don't give a rats about Arab lives, but what about those of us Christians on /pol/ who value human life equally (i.e. innocent civilian life, not ISIS fighters)? Obviously it's fair enough for a Brit to care more about an attack on their own people, but is there any rational argument as to why us non-Brits should care more about 7 dead in London vs. 106 in Al Mayadeen? One tragedy doesn't make another tragedy any less tragic, but *should* I prioritise fixing the issue of hundreds of dead kids in Syria as opposed to a couple bodies in London?

Comments about the lives of Arabs/Muslims being intrinsically worth less than white/Christian lives need not apply.
>>
As a side note, how would you respond to the very common argument that the entire problem of Islamic terrorism is due to a whole generation of Arabs growing up watching their parents/siblings/friends being blown apart due to Western intervention?
>>
>>128711196
>muslims died
>therefore it is okay for Christians to die
oh, but wait you want a practical solution as how to stop this bombing shit. okay

>get involved in Syria and bomb the fuck out of a bunch more civilians
>wash hands of Syria and let somebody else bomb the fuck out of civilians.

What's it gonna be?
>>
>>128711196
Parents are responsible for the welfare of children.
A bomber kills British children, we kill the bomber or his organisation to stop it.
If the supporters of the bomber and his organisation want us to stop bombing them and want to protect their children. They just have to stop killing ours. The number don't matter. If we stop they carry on, if they stop we stop. Simple.
>>
>>128711196
>without a Muslim bringing up some airstrike that killed a bunch of civilians.
shame the muslim for rooting for islamic terrorism. we are at war, why is he rooting for the enemy?
>One tragedy doesn't make another tragedy any less tragic
thats exactly why nobody should having the argument that an airstrike in some fucked up desert discounts terrorism in the western world
>appeal to nationalism
you are a westerner and you care for your western country, it is our tribe, your folk. if muslims decide to root against us then they can expect their children to be bombed with no remose, no apology. integrate or gtfo should be our only creed when dealing with such individuals.
>>
>>128711196
First off there are ALOT of arguments to be made about worth of their lives compared to others, though they are not on a religious basis.

Why non brits should care more about dead in london is because london is a civilised town / country ( britain ). People dying of hunger in some aids infested ebola rotting backwards corner of africa is not an issue because there are simple reasons for that and thats that theyre aids infested ebola rotting backwards corner of africa. But if in a town thats 80% just like yours, thanks to globalism, if people are dying of aids and ebola, well its gonna come for you as well.

I dont care if a gorilla dies somewhere in the jungle and i certainly dont care if a 100 more people die in some shithole of a country that has nothing but war going on within it because thats how it works there.
If you go to your fridge and you find a hot drink inside of it, you are kind of confused. But if you go to the desert and find a hot drink, everything is as expected.
>>128711324
Shit that america did to the middle east is disgusting i agree. But my country was being bombed too by the NATO and you dont see Serbs running around suicide bombing and murdering people in the civilised world.
Islam is a suicide death cult, the destabilisation might be a part of the problem, but almost an insignificant one.
Sure the person who puts the first log is guilty as well as a person who puts the other 100 into the fire. But id argue that if we were to judge only 1 person, which is what people mostly wanna do, id be more brutal towards the one that put a 100 logs into the fire.
>>
>>128711196
You tell them it's the same people who bomb Middle East for Saudis and kikes and let the violent radical sand nigger terrorists in while preaching tolerance.

>>128711324
>the entire problem of Islamic terrorism
Now that's just not true. Most of their deaths aren't due to airstrikes. It's the Islam wars. They fight because Islam. They blow up shit because Islam. It's not the airstrikes. Saudis and kikes stir up their shit holes.

But the airstrikes are also sanctioned by liberal politicians.
>>
>>128713412
Thats pretty big coming from someone living in one amongst the top 30 backwards countries to ever exist

Fucking moron
>>
>>128714083
Yeah and how many suicide bombings did the serbs do so far? How many serbs are running to northern countries to leech of of welfare and then use that money to fund explosives theyre using?

A serb kills a serb its fucking nothing, i walked out drunk late night one day and i met a guy that used a scythe to cut through another persons leg infront of a school.
But if that happens in switzerland youd be alot more worried.

Serbia being a shithole helps my argument.
>>
File: NotaSwallow.jpg (63KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
NotaSwallow.jpg
63KB, 500x667px
>>128711196
Problem solvers
>>
File: You are a faggot.gif (743KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
You are a faggot.gif
743KB, 500x281px
>>128711196
>Arabs/Muslims being intrinsically worth less than white/Christian lives need not apply.

But they are, and by a significant margin.
>>
>>128711196
1 brown person does not equal 1 white person

hell even 10 brown people do not equal 1 white person
>>
>>128712995
>>128713382
Okay I like the nationalist argument. We have to bomb them because we are at war. Collateral damage is regrettable yet unavoidable -- we can both agree on this. But does this necessarily devalue the lives of their innocent civilians, as opposed to the lives of our own innocent civilians?

To elaborate: What's the justification for being more upset (talking solely about feelings now, not any kind of action) about the London attacks than an air strike that kills say, 20 Syrian babies?
>>
File: poop on the kitchen table.jpg (66KB, 642x274px) Image search: [Google]
poop on the kitchen table.jpg
66KB, 642x274px
/thread
>>
>>128711324
Fuck off, Muslims have always been backwards savages. If we weren't bombing them they would be happily bombing each other. As for their children dieing? Literally don't care, it has no effect on me whatsoever.
>>
>>128716259
You are more inclined to help your mother than you are to help an older woman thats in a different city whom youve never met.
Its called a bond, whether its due to family, ethnicity or friendship, it is a bond that inspires you to help those around you.
Even you proposing this idea that we should care about everyone i doubt that youd care if I died tomorrow, because you wouldnt know and even then id doubt it. You would care if there was a story about my life and opinions and you thought wow that dude is just like me, then youd care and thats because of a bond that you sort of established. I used myself as an example cause im in middle of fuck nowhere compared to you, but this applies to all.

And again comparison between civilised world and uncivilised one. Whatevers happening there wont necessarily become your every day life, but if it starts happening within the civilised world, the changes are much higher.
>>
>>128711196
wow its like kids never dieded in warzones before

wow guess we need to pull all forces out because the welfare of enemies children are priority number one

UH OH another terrorist attack that killed my neighbors kids, at least those kids in that desert shit hole will live to their 20's just to be shooting bullets back at us again

>liberals
>>
>>128716451
>>128713412
This argument (poop in the kitchen table vs. poop in the toilet) might sound fair but doesn't hold up in terms of which tragedy is more 'tragic'. You're actually making a fallacy similar to the African Child Fallacy -- if something bad happens, its awfulness is always independent of other events around it. So lots of terrible events happen in Syria, but this doesn't change how bad these individual events are.

>>128716783
>You are more inclined to help your mother...youve never met.
Sure, I agree with this. The *action* is justifiable, but I'm talking about *feelings*.
>It's called a bond...
Okay I like this 'bond' idea. It's okay to care more about people we have a 'bond' for. Guess that settles it.
>>
>>128717690
Yup if you care purely about feelings then bond is the word youre looking for.
And through history what was the strongest type of bond, it was mostly religion, and look what people accomplished under that bond. A man would die for one he feels a bond with, in an instant, and for every second until hes dead after being given a fatal wound he is giving hell to everybody that he doesnt share the bond with, for he wants to protect those who he does.

Humans are the only creature on this planet that is capable of being evil. If a wolf eats a rabbit, its just what wolves fucking do he doesnt question that much. But then you look at a serial killer on tv and he explains to you why what hes doing is bad and he still continues doing it and feels no remorse. Of course these people dont really share a bond with anyone, or maybe with a really selected few.
But even when the most vile person has a strong enough bond with another, hell hurt everyone but him.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.