[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Men charged in 36 deaths at Oakland warehouse

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 9

File: 14769587618650.jpg (40KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
14769587618650.jpg
40KB, 550x550px
The founder of a ramshackle collective who officials say illegally converted an Oakland warehouse into residences for artists and musicians saw himself as a guru and benevolent landlord trying to help people struggling to survive in the expensive San Francisco Bay Area.

Instead, court documents say his reckless actions created "a high risk of death" at the warehouse known as the Ghost Ship where 36 people died in a massive fire in December.

Derick Almena, 47, and his right-hand man, Max Harris, 27, were each charged Monday with 36 counts of involuntary manslaughter for the deaths during an unpermitted dance party.

Visitors and tenants alike described the Ghost Ship as a warren of scrap wood, sofas, old pianos and snaking electrical cables. Several said Almena brushed them off when they voiced concerns.

On the night of the deadly blaze, Almena and Harris had blocked access to one exit near the spot where a DJ was playing music, prosecutors said.

Almena quickly became the focal point of widespread anger and criticism after the fire. Past residents accused him of ignoring hazardous living conditions and putting profits over safety.

Hours after the fire, Almena posted a comment to his Facebook page that stoked the anger.

"Everything I worked for is gone," he wrote. He later said he didn’t know people had died when he posted the comment.

Four days after the fire, Almena gave a brief, rambling interview to NBC’s Today show. He was asked about charging for concerts and subleasing space.

"Profit?" Almena asked host Matt Lauer rhetorically. "This is not profit, this is loss. This is a mass grave. I’m only here to say one thing, that I am incredibly sorry and that everything I did was to make this a stronger, more beautiful community and to bring people together."

Almena had rented the warehouse and hired Harris as a "creative director" to help sublet living space.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/men-charged-in-36-deaths-at-oakland-warehouse-1.3445364
>>
File: cct-firemain-1206-90.jpg (291KB, 779x638px) Image search: [Google]
cct-firemain-1206-90.jpg
291KB, 779x638px
>>128699483
>>
File: corgi256g.png (31KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
corgi256g.png
31KB, 256x256px
>36 drug-addicted libshits burned to death
>2 more drug-addicted libshits in prison
>>
/pol/ make a clubhouse and do it the right way
>>
File: head.jpg (84KB, 986x554px) Image search: [Google]
head.jpg
84KB, 986x554px
>>128699483
yeah I own a warehouse not 5 miles from that bonfire. luckily I'm not some degenerate neglectful landlord and I actually maintain my property and don't let faggy nogs sublet and do additions without pulling permits, or just let my tenants run amok like they own the place. these fags need to sort themselves out. but in all honesty the tenants were equally to blame for clearly violating the safe capacity for any live/work space. good riddance to all of them.
>>
File: iu.png (75KB, 1000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
iu.png
75KB, 1000x1200px
>>128699483
funny thing is Id probably put money on the fire nigger that lives in the area as being responsible. last year after a farmers market on the street this nigger was walking down the street with a gas can and lighter setting everything on fire. I mean everything, cars the buildings, a house. I start yelling at him (I'm about 100 ft away). to stop as I'm the only one on the street at the time and he turns around looks at me and says ILL STOP YOU NIGGA! ran inside to get my 12ga and as I do and come back out the nigger is just running around the corner at the end of the block going full buddhist monk dousing himself, anyways bpd shows up the street is on fire, wall thats been spray painted 100000x starts bubbling and exploding when they pop. opd has no fire extinguishers so I tell them desc of the fire nigger and where he ran, and go find my own fire extinguishers at a neighbors shop till fd gets there. opd doesn't find him, arson investigator doesn't find anything. Im only witneess to the mythical fire nigger. hell of a Saturday though. needless to say my wife and I moved shortly after and bought a house in a non fire nigger infested area. anyways sorry for the fuckin essay lads but thought you might enjoy the retailing of the Oakland fire nigger
>>
The long arm of the law will always reach you.

Remember, kids, there's no statute of limitations for murder.
>>
>>128701739
>Oakland
>The long arm of the law

YAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
File: 1481707503327.png (454KB, 567x960px) Image search: [Google]
1481707503327.png
454KB, 567x960px
And to think the leftists could have prevented such a horrible tragedy. Oh the humanity! We extended out an olive branch to you leftists, in solidarity with those who died in Oakland. We tried to protect you from your own unsafe safe spaces and how did you respond? You made caltrops, you prepared to assault government officials, you bitched and moaned on reddit. An when that didn't work, you commies infiltrated the mod team and got many good Samaritans banned from this board!

And now, you reap what you sow, leftist scum. You rebuffed our solidarity assistance and instead chose to continue your self destructive ways. I hope to see many more DIY fires in the coming months. You could have prevented this all, commies.

Signed, Safety Squad veteran. It was fun while it lasted.
>>
File: C22p2ZvWgAA1931.jpg (56KB, 671x446px) Image search: [Google]
C22p2ZvWgAA1931.jpg
56KB, 671x446px
>>128702902
>And now, you reap what you sow, leftist scum.
>oakland
>leftist
>landlord living literal neonazi dream of stronk fuhrer of a fucking self concerned gang
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
File: 3B1A68_1481044153273.jpg (268KB, 962x1285px) Image search: [Google]
3B1A68_1481044153273.jpg
268KB, 962x1285px
>>
File: CyglkjJWIAASrgU.jpg (26KB, 766x510px) Image search: [Google]
CyglkjJWIAASrgU.jpg
26KB, 766x510px
>>128704399

>dem picture of most concervative symbols in muerta latino culture
>oakland
>leftist

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.