[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need redpilled career advice

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_7420.jpg (207KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7420.jpg
207KB, 1280x960px
Should I become a teacher (and maybe try to become a principal), electrician, work for the government after getting my business degree (currently), professor, get a phd in biology/geology/genetics and become a research scientist, or try to become a winemaker or chef? I am so lost right now and I feel like just getting a biz degree and working for the government would be soul sucking and uninteresting, but it would pay well have good benefits and be easy. Biz jobs will probably be more likely to get automated later on though...

tl;dr do I try to do something interesting that isn't secure or just work for the government doing pointless financial shit, make decent money have benefits etc. and be happy with that even though it's pointless/useless and not fulfilling
>>
You should just surrender yourself to the Jew right now. Bend over for my circumcised 12 incher goy.
>>
>>128671616
Everyone's different. Government work is soul-crushing and unfulfilling, but you have bennies. Academia is full of savage politics but affords some intellectual freedom. It's always a tradeoff of some kind. What interests you?
>>
>>128671616
2 year or 4 year degree? If it's 4 go for federal law enforcement so you can become /ourguy/
>>
>>128671768
Is government work Jewish or something?

>>128672026
Yeah it seems easy and full of benefits but it just seems so pointless. It's definitely better than no job though

I'm pretty interested in genetic engineering and stuff like that, but I think being a principal could actually be decent and they make good money, just unlikely that I'd become one as a teacher and public schools kind of suck

Would there be any interesting jobs in the government for a guy with a biz degree? Or any interesting jobs period?
>>
>>128672287
Bachelors
>>
>>128671616
>camgirl
tits or gtfo
>>
>>128671616
Trades are probably the best option imo, you'll likely be in demand most of your life.

I do geology, it's fun and interesting but you'd have to really love reading and writing papers to go into research. Those papers are some of the most boring out there.

Wouldn't get a degree there though, your system is fucked.
>>
Also, protip.
You'll never get rich working for someone else.
>>
>>128671616
Become a right wing college professor
>>
>>128671616
Electrician
5 year apprenticeship
Skill applicable anywhere in the US
Make six figures in 9 months
Join a union - it's easy
Good benefits - medical, retire early
Second career or start a business
>>
>>128671616
Electrician.

Gubmit workers can experience layoffs in budget crises, and that guarantee pension isn't so guarantee when your state goes bankrupt.

A trade job can't be outsourced overseas, and won't be undercut like general labor by illegals (framing, roofing, landscaping).

Teaching sucks. Kids are getting worse.

Doctorate degree is okay if you're really, really into something, but if you're not sure, it's a lot of schooling for little gain.

You'll be debt free faster and easier as electrician, and if you want to get edjumication later on, you have a solid fall back plan.

Winemaker/chef are hobbies. Chefs have terrible hours, and winemaker is a snooty farmer.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.