[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AI will be able to beat us at everything by 2060, say experts

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1487877030929.png (343KB, 748x710px) Image search: [Google]
1487877030929.png
343KB, 748x710px
AI will master many activities a lot sooner, though. Machines are predicted to be better than us at translating languages by 2024, writing high-school essays by 2026, driving a truck by 2027, working in retail by 2031, writing a bestselling book by 2049 and surgery by 2053. In fact, all human jobs will be automated within the next 120 years, say respondents.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2133188-ai-will-be-able-to-beat-us-at-everything-by-2060-say-experts/
>>
Move over white boys AI master race taking everything
>>
I'll be retired by then so whatever.

Good fucking luck, grandson. Get fucked.
>>
>>128610439
Except the arts and anything that takes imagination
>mfw STEMtards will be useless in 50 years
>>
>>128610937
It'll happen Much faster than that. Nobody knows really but it's gonna be fast when we have better hardware. We almost done with silicon chips and the next generation of chip will be build different and much faster.

Donald Hobson I think it is happening much faster than most people expected. Even AI experts. At least in certain areas. Not sure if we'll reach the Ray Kurzweil vision by 2029, but something big is definitely going on. I don't think anyone expected companies like Google to release so many AI API's like they have done. Moore's Law may be slowing down, but companies like Google are offering AI platforms and servers through the cloud and things are definitely speeding things up
>>
Smarter machines will be necessary to compensate for dumber humans. This happens already. Some smart humans are needed but the masses can now survive and reproduce while being dumber as information systems offload the work that used to be needed by regular individuals, and that bar will keep being lowered until what?
>>
>>128611129
>Except the arts and anything that takes imagination

fucking kek, we can already do that
>>
>>128611445

I'm going for a doctorate to become a researcher. (I'm a chemist)

I'm confident that my job will be safe for the next centuries.
>>
>>128610439

Will it be more creative than us? Will it be able to deal with chaos better than us?

Wetware still has that edge.
>>
> Machines are predicted to be better than us at translating languages by 2024
Finally a way to translate ALL the hentai.
>>
File: Always with the promises.jpg (14KB, 236x419px) Image search: [Google]
Always with the promises.jpg
14KB, 236x419px
Oy vey...the weekly "Robots: The End of the World" thread.

I'll bite when I have my flying car, personal jetpack and moon pod mansion w/hydroponic vegetable garden.
>>
>>128611617

You know they already have chemistry robots for automating experiments? They have reinforcement learning algorithms which finds stable proteins, etc. You'll at most have a consultancy job in a couple decades.
>>
>>128610439
>AI will be able to beat us at everything by 2060, say experts

"Experts" say a lot of stupid shit all the time, constantly get their predictions wrong, and morons keep believing them. "Experts" in 1980 said we would have thinking computers by 2000. I notice it didn't happen.
>>
chef here

am I obsolete?
>>
>>128610439

Would like to see an AI doing politics or anything related with abstract think processes. We create them 01s, we beat them instantly as we are their senpais.
>>
>>128612692

In the near future we can use the genetic and other data from humans to learn what their personalized tastes are (and preference for texture, etc) and what they are craving at that very moment, to prepare customized dishes made by automated systems to ensure the customer gets a standardized 'most tasty personalized meal' ever. Though this would probably take a while to happen and would be limited to rich people at first. So you're probably good unless you work in a cheap place.
>>
>>128612817
>AI doing politics
>"We must secure the existence of our Techonology and a future for robotic generations."
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.