[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how to address arguments?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1493571181823.png (261KB, 1039x559px) Image search: [Google]
1493571181823.png
261KB, 1039x559px
how do you address the argument that "terrorism only kills 10 people a year, why do you care?".

I have a general thought of my head of why the numbers aren't as important as the act, but can someone phrase it well?
>>
>>128522942
bump
>>
File: 1494455020927.png (1MB, 1389x1084px) Image search: [Google]
1494455020927.png
1MB, 1389x1084px
>>128522942
Well you guys as a nation alone are at like 40 or 50 in the last 3 months. Now those are fatalities without the forever inujured we never hear about.

Would that work?
>>
>>128523954
no, it's being compared to food banks and how hunger kills a number of people (about 300) a year.
>>
>>128524062
Ah but you didn't start with that, you were pretending to be interested in redpilling people but in fact you want to downplay terrorism in an indirect way with your bullshit question.

Fuck off Muhammed.
>>
Because terrorism is a symptom of larger cultural strife and disunity that is an inevitable result of multicultural societies. You might not get killed in an attack but you won't trust your neighbor and that can be even worse in terms of quality of life and productivity.

Beyond that these events WILL become more common as the number of muslims increases. Bombs go off in Kabul every fucking month and they are all muslims there. Letting more in or being tolerant and accepting aren't going to fix the problem. Your using hubris and propaganda to inform your immigration policy when there's no evidence the killing will stop. You're sacrificing the safety and strength of your nation and getting nothing in return for it.
>>
>>128522942

It is pretty unimportant, grand theme of things, except to sell more media views. >99% not going to affect your life in any tangible way. As opposed to ordinary crime, which has a better chance. But terrorist attacks produce big fiery bangs and so they get more eyeballs.

Terror attacks were still more common in the 1970s in Europe, with the Red Brigades etc. In my country we have 600+ murders a year, and approximately zero terrorist killings. Three guesses what the press constantly hammers.

It used to bother me, before I fully realized that people are kind short of attention and skittish.
>>
>>128522942
Because the act of it (like murder, rape, torture) takes the liberty and freedom from another person without their consent.

So when some idiot says your more likely to die in a car accident then a terrorist attack, remember that car deaths are usually from negligence of maintenance or concentration, not a deliberate attempt to hurt/main/kill someone.

Same thing for heart disease etc, its a conscious decision to eat healthy and exercise to reduce this from happening.
While terrorism is an act of trying to get something to happen.
Also that there are many terror attempts that are stopped before they even happen so you never hear about it.
Its like saying why do you need the military when you haven't been in a huge war like ww2 for over 70 years.
>>
>>128522942
Not all deaths are equal.

Bring up homicides and break ins.

Mention that just because there are few break ins, doesn't mean you shouldn't lock your door when you leave your house.

Terrorism based deaths are important to stop, because they are deaths of a chaotic nature. They are events that are brought about through force that goes against everything we trust in society.

We trust that we won't die when we go to work. We trust that we won't die when we go to concerts.

Terrorism is less about kill count and more about the chaos is sews.
>>
Moral Hazard. If you allow it to happen, it gets worse.
>>
Ten a year? Are you retarded? This must be a fake question.
>>
>>128522942
>I'm a bumbling fucking idiot devoid of any critical faculty whatsoever, but fuck liberals and praise kek, am I right haha :D
/pol/: The Post
>>
>>128522942
When terrorism becomes a part of the environment or daily expected occurrences it fucks up the public consciousness. Over the long haul it will fuck with our heads celebrations will be clouded by the Spectre of terrorism. It will be fucked up.
>>
>>128522942

Generally, reductio ad absurdum is the best way to counter this.

"Oh really, then I guess we should stop screening plane passengers, stop watching high risk terrorists, and let every ISIS jihadist into our country. Maybe once thousands are dying you will care. Better yet, why don't we send you to Syria so you can teach those barbarians how civilized people act since obviously you seem to believe you know the best way for me to protect us from islamists trying to stab, run over, and blow up my friends and family."
>>
>>128522942
it's the vocalization of it; for example just saying he's going to build a wall and immigration is already down. or the Paris meme, just saying we aren't going to put up with leftist regs is bound to convince people to start up factories
>>
>>128522942
It's not so much the terrorism itself, it's the repercussions. It terrorises people, and we will overreact to it. Every time an attack happens the government takes away more of YOUR freedom and adds more surveillance.

The bigger the attack the bigger the response. When someone gets shot by a random nigger, only the victim's family really suffers. When a terrorist attack happens, we all suffer.
>>
People die all the time. Accidents, circumstance, etc. These are unavoidable ultimately meaningless.

When people die from an organized terrorist regime that hates our country, it's a threat to our own survival as well as our civilization in general. For this reason, we need to stop the terrorists.... Otherwise we will embolden our other enemies to do the same.
We need to crush any threats to our civilization or we won't have a civilization for very long.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.