[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT we talk about fossil fuels, renewables and the future of

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: goy-oil.jpg (117KB, 718x300px) Image search: [Google]
goy-oil.jpg
117KB, 718x300px
ITT we talk about fossil fuels, renewables and the future of energy.

>How long til most of our energy comes from solar and wind?
>Is peak oil still a threat? ( I highly doubt it )
>How will this change the world?
>Will it be enough to stop climate change?
>>
I personally think we will switch over to renewables over the next 20 to 30 years, but the effects of climate change will still be devastating. Which leads to the question of A.I.
>>
Why isn't pol interested in this? This is the future right here!
>>
Good God pol is fucking retarded! Yeah! Go back to arguing about your cartoon frog or whatever, clearly that is more important!
>>
The climate will change regardless of human intervention. We didn't cause the ice ages and we still won't. We will adapt to what comes next as we always have.
>>
>>128495198

Sure, but what we're doing is changing the climate to be very unfavorable to human living conditions.
>>
File: 01010.jpg (2MB, 2560x1446px) Image search: [Google]
01010.jpg
2MB, 2560x1446px
>>128492655

I get all my electricity from the solar panels on my roof. Looks funny but our regional gov here in southern bavaria paid 50% of it as an initiative to get people to get their energy from solar panels.
Got it since 8 years and saved me a lot of money now.
Wind Energy mills have been outlawed here because we have many nature reservations around here and we know from northern germany that these huge windmills kill countless of birds.
The coal power plant that used to give everyone here and surrounding villages electricity was shut down but no jobs were lost, the plant was dhut down slowly over the years in order to keep the employees working until they were provided another job from the same company that owned the plant

>pic related: roof looks like this with the panels, obviously not my house
>>
>>128496079

That's great, I wish my government had more environmentally friendly polices. Oh well. Despite Trump, coal isn't coming back, it will continue to die until it is no longer in use.
>>
>>128494842
> solar and wind

you're the fucking retard, kiddo
>>
>>128498803

No I'm not! You are!!!
>>
>>128492655
>>Is peak oil still a threat? ( I highly doubt it )

All terrestrial resources are by definition finite. Our species is therefore, by definition, screwed if we don't leave the gravity well.

That concept is apparently difficult for our politicians to comprehend, otherwise we'd already be asteroid mining in the belt. We have the technology, but not the political will to push it through.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.