[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are US roads so bad?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 302
Thread images: 47

Why cant we adopt the European way of building and maintaining roads? During my trip in west europe nearly all the roads were smooth as butter and crews were seen doing work even when the road is fine.

Someone explain this.
>>
Local roads are meant to be maintained by the city, and most cities are bankrupt thanks to dupes falling for Jewish banker tricks.
>>
Roads are for commies.
>>
>>128485696
Paying for infrastructure might involve taxing the people who actually have money. Can't be having that.
>>
>>128485696
It isn't just the roads, our entire infrastructure is a crumbling joke. Especially in the north east.
>>
>>128486009
After years of complaints my city actually started fixing the roads in a big way. I was really impressed they actually responded to public outcry.
>>
>>128486009
>Can't be having that.
Fucking right.
Why don't you fuck off to North Korea if you like roads so much?
>>
>>128485696
Roads are bad because the last president redirected infrastructure funds to africa
>>
>>128485696
>live in Washington
>roads are always shit
>population and economic boom hits
>roads are pretty much gravel now
>see people blowing out 2 to 3x a week
>state starts removing lanes
>speed limits go down 10 to 15 mph
>nothing is ever fixed
>pay 11 percent sales tax 15 percent for smokes and 30 percent for liquor
>state is still broke
>>
european roads are in better shape because there are fewer of them, and fewer vehicles driving over therm.
>>
Chalk it up to the continental climate and heavy road usage. It's even worse up here, especially the city I live in. Sometimes you'll go through 3-4 freeze/thaw cycles in the spring months.
>>
>>128486512
I wouldn't be able to jack it to anime nearly as much from there
>>
>>128485696
Local representatives are jews and defer maintenance as long as possible to take money now.
>>
Because conservashits don't like paying taxes and libtards would rather pay for minorities to eat and take up space than to actually fix roads for the people who need to get work.

Ironically this also makes SUVs and larger trucks more valuable, which burns more gas.
>>
Because government maintains them
>>
>>128485696
What would you choose. Roads or muzzie immigrants?
>>
File: 1493429213682.gif (795KB, 400x246px) Image search: [Google]
1493429213682.gif
795KB, 400x246px
>>128487529
>Ironically this also makes SUVs and larger trucks more valuable, which burns more gas.

I actually traded in my 95 firebird for a ram because it constantly bottomed out and blew tires in potholes.

I loved that car, thanks New Jersey
>>
>>128487117
Gibs aren't free. Thx for your taxes goyim. Shaniquaea and her 7 niglets appreciate it.
>>
>>128487117
Spokane?
>>
>>128487892
Hmm. I'll have to think about that.
>>
Roads here in Florida are in pristine condition.
>>
Because the road funds constantly get raided by politicians so they can give their buddies no bid contracts who will take 3 years to fix one stretch of road

It's a fucking money grab. I can't tell you how many times I see construction going on, on roads where there are like 10 Mexicans standing around and 2 guys actually working.

There's an old saying... Don't kill the job
>>
In my part of the country where it's mostly rural we usually have worse roads than the other regions, but it's slowly changing for the better.
>>
Spring thaw and fall freeze. You dumbass.
>>
File: 1495483204171.jpg (49KB, 750x608px) Image search: [Google]
1495483204171.jpg
49KB, 750x608px
>>128485696
Because spraying them black isn't the same as maintaining them
>>
>>128485696
Because you live in the city and all the non-racist people left to the suburbs for uh... education reasons or something so now you are left with the racist broke people
>>
>>128486009
People are taxed. It's called the gas tax and it goes directly into the road fund
>>
>>128485859
S/cities/States and you've got it. The recession forced everyone to stop spending, and no one's willing to be the one to start again.
>>
>>128488888
checked
>>
>>128485696
You can thank conservatives for this and their insistence on keeping taxes low. The city can't do it for free.
>>
>>128488888
Checked, my liege
>>
>>128488888
Dem digits tho
>>
>>128488735
What about places where it doesn't freeze?
>>
File: 1495998617690.gif (826KB, 328x366px) Image search: [Google]
1495998617690.gif
826KB, 328x366px
>>128488888
>>
>>128488888

Checked from manchester thread my friendy
>>
>helicopters need roads
>>
>>128488888
The gas tax hasn't even been adjusted for inflation since the 90s and falls well short of the highway budget every year.
>>
>>128488888
waste of quints
>>
>>128485696
You're living in a shithole. I would give someone $50k and 48 hours to drive around my county and find a single pothole. They fucking pave the roads just because they get a little too faded looking here.
>>
File: file.png (246KB, 800x362px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
246KB, 800x362px
>>128485874
Didn't Hitler build a network of highways?
>>
>>128485696
its a multi-issue

the first being
>6 managers 1 guy working
Second is who gives the funding
>most cities are bankrupt after paying for 6 managers and 1 worker; they depend on federal funding
>Federal funding has slowly been shifting from infrastructure support to gibmedats for neets, niggers and women.

also there is work ours. Gov workers tend to take 2 hour lunches, and several 30 minute breaks a day. in an 8 hour day 5 hours isn't much time to complete a job given safety briefings, preparation time, the always happening complication with this kind of work.
>>
>>128488576
They arguably over-maintain them. Like I said above, they pave mine just because they're not dark any more, it seems.
>>
>>128485696
Cops cry and bitch for more funding which eats up most citys income then they go and use there cop car for personal shit and keep it running none stop while they are not in it for 10-20 mins just to keep the AC going.
>>
>>128488576
true, Florida has nice roads

Florida doesn't experience continental weather, your road budgets are a fraction of what the other states pay that have go through constant rain/ice/salt/plow cycles, and Florida manages its roads well to boot (at least all the important Roads, I have no idea what some backwater swamp Florida roads are really like)

not all roads are equal, despite surface appearance. A while back Iowa got ridiculed for its expensive roads, and Illinois was bragging about its cheap ones. Within a couple years Illinois roads were shit and Iowa roads were still looking good, because Iowa used a 6 inch layer instead of a 3 inch layer.

Roads are not actually a simple business at all
>>
File: bridge1.jpg (41KB, 401x582px) Image search: [Google]
bridge1.jpg
41KB, 401x582px
>>128485696
Because all of us can actually afford cars. Most of us drive big fucking Hummers and 4wd trucks. Also we drive on the roads and not on the sidewalks killing people - unless we're drunk or niggers.
>>
>>128485859
Also most cities are welfare centers and they can't afford roads over black housing/food/xbox live/direct TV/cell phones.
>>
File: IMG_0801.png (66KB, 547x402px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0801.png
66KB, 547x402px
>>
>>128491147
I just had a stray idea. What if when a governmental organization ran a deficit the politicians didn't get paid?

Like, what if there were a profit motive for actually running things properly?
>>
>>128491612
Sounds good. Good luck getting it implemented
>>
File: america pays for this 2.png (1MB, 1919x861px) Image search: [Google]
america pays for this 2.png
1MB, 1919x861px
>>128486206
>>128485696
oh I know, well just up foreign aid another 10 billion per year!
>>
>>128485696
>Why cant we adopt the European way of building and maintaining roads?
Trump wants to spend 1 trillion on infrastructure.
>>
>>128488888

lol

that money goes to pay for niggers to have more niggers.

Road (((tax)) going to roads.

How fucking retard are you?
>>
>>128485696
The roads in the northern states get fuckdd by snowplows and the weather. Also major industrialized areas are bad cuz no one gives a shut about weight limit
>>
File: based hoppe.png (134KB, 853x1025px) Image search: [Google]
based hoppe.png
134KB, 853x1025px
>>128485696
State roads will always be shit because there is no competition. A free market where road owners compete with one another to make the smoothest and cheapest road would benefit everyone in the form of cheap, perfect roads.

But of course commies and statists can't handle freedom so get papa gubmintz to gibsmedat them some """"free""""" roads.
>>
>>128487117
Yep had a tire blow out 2 weeks ago on I90
>>
>>128492479
Speaking of traffic laws; Florida has nice roads but NO ONE secures their load down here. No potholes but there's a shovel, luggage or pallet of concrete every mile.
>>
File: 1479010876026.jpg (145KB, 1111x597px) Image search: [Google]
1479010876026.jpg
145KB, 1111x597px
>>128485696
>US roads
>Bad
>Bunch of white boi 1st world crybabies

You're all so fucking spoiled it hurts to laugh.
>>
>>128492490
>build a bunch of toll roads
>pay to drive on them
>still pay the gas tax

Brilliant plan
>>
>>128492490
I agree but it still runs into the issue of public utility needing to be semi-government owned or it constantly runs into zoning/eminent domain/legal issues
>>
>>128485696
I don't know about you but where i live the roads are all perfect. Cali fag
>>
File: Louisiana.png (1MB, 1091x677px) Image search: [Google]
Louisiana.png
1MB, 1091x677px
We're sinking into the swamp
>>
>>128485696
Our roads may have potholes, but at least we have gay, child fucking politicians, who spend taxpayer money to make the sidewalks gay.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/colorful-crosswalks-celebrate-gay-pride-in-seattle/
>>
File: another pin in the wall.jpg (50KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
another pin in the wall.jpg
50KB, 640x480px
>tfw live in Taxxachusetts
>state milks the shit out of property owners/highway commuters while putting no effort into saving the back roads and parts of the highways from their near-derelict conditions
>even one of the nearby bridges has been closed for about a decade because the town's too stingy to fix it and save everyone the trouble of a +20 minute detour
>meanwhile the fags down at town hall have all the financing in the world at their disposal for special interest projects, like repaving a road section WITH NO POTHOLES near some rich chad's house while the pavement just up the street is like a lumpy washboard
>and even if there is some roadway construction happening? you can tell it's a state job by whether or not +5 police officers are standing around with their hands in their pockets, getting paid $50 for loitering while maybe one of them occasionally directs traffic for a day-long touch-up job that lasts three months
>>
>>128488576
True, I lived in Panama City for years and despite it being a shithole full of meth addicts and wastes of air, the roads were incalculably better than the roads of Dallas, one of the biggest cities in the goddamn country. I've lived here for almost six years and I'm still appalled at the quality of the roads and road works, every local head of the Dept. of Transportation for the last 40 years needs to be fucking shot, most of the city isn't even really paved.
>>
>>128485696

Far better infrastructure in Europe, they also don't skimp on materials when building the roads. They've been using some sort of rubber in the asphalt that allows the roads to expand / contract with temperature fluctuations at least back into the late 80s.

If they built them to last here in the US, the Governors brother-in-law wouldn't get to renew his road construction contract year after year. Basic job security.
>>
Wut? Maintain infrastructure? Why not just build more shit, pay off more special interests?

Let infrastructure rust and fail, then cry to feds.
>>
>>128494743
America is massive suburbia. HUGE stretches of road. Multo cost.
>>
>>128485696

Damn. You city folks are destroying your roads. See, our tax dollars here actually go to our roads and not in the pockets of local politicians (mostly because our fucking thieving state pretty much beats them to it).
>>
>>128485859
>most cities are bankrupt thanks to dupes falling for Jewish banker tricks.
If you include the citizenry, then yes. We just had a bond vote last month that passed last month for the school district. The kicker is that we also just had one in November.
It's like these people have never played a Sim City. They're going to be whinging when the taxes go up yet again.
>>
>>128488888
It's supposed to, but in practice I don't know.
>>
File: Hide-your-pain-harold4.jpg (325KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Hide-your-pain-harold4.jpg
325KB, 1500x1000px
>>128485696
>doing work even when the road is fine.
Sounds like German/EU autism at work spending taxpayer money wisely.
>>
>>128485696
>Why are US roads so bad

Because 99% of Americans own cars. Even the poor. More traffic means more damage to roads.

Only rich europeans drive. Their roads get much less use.
>>
>>128489299
Fucking this.
>>
>>128485696

We're too busy subsidizing black and hispanic single mothers.
>>
>>128485696
1) Europe countries are more population dense. This means it is cheaper per person per kilometer of road. This means they can afford to replace and repair roads more often.

2) We have a corruption problem between politicians and construction. This is why new roads in North America fall apart so damn quickly, take so long to complete and are so expensive. No one wants to tackle the issue so companies will be allowed to continue this shit.

3) Welfare bums. America has niggers that take up a ton of welfare. They take up far more money than they put in. If America spent less on paying for that niggers 6th kid, it might have money to actually have proper roads. Europe is starting to pay for their importation of shitskins, but they have had far less time with them. Give it enough time and they too will not be able to afford nice infrastructure.
>>
>>128492495

Fucking I-90.

Went on a road trip last summer. Between I-84 and I-90 I must have driven past 400 miles of jersey barriers and road work ahead signs. Never actually saw any work being done.

The parts of I-90 actual open to multiple lanes of traffic look like a goddamned war zone. Constantly dodging random debris in the middle of the road.

East of the Mississippi is a goddamned joke when it comes to road work. You hit Montana and Wyoming and they aren't fucking around. Nicest roads I've ever seen. If you see a road work sign, they're legitimately building a completely new high way and a pickup truck is leading you through the construction site.
>>
>>128487238
So, you have a top notch brain cos you barely use it?
>>
>>128498739
Best part of I-90 is up toward the middle of the North-Western part of NY. All of a sudden you see signs that the speed limit is about to get cucked and you're like, huh?
>also the road is going to suck
wait, why?
>welcome to the indian reservation!
oh fug this fucking road is going to break my car

And then when you hit the sign that says you're out of the reservation, the road is magically OK again and the speed limit is back to normal. I think they do this to get back at the white man.
>>
>>128499926

The best part of I-90 is paying 20 or 30 bucks in tolls for the privilege of beating the shit out of your car.
>>
>>128501174
Try it without and ezpass. I did almost all of I-76 through PA once without an ezpass and it was like almost $70 or something completely ridiculous like that.
>>
>>128501396

Chicago was the real prize of that trip. Toll booths every couple miles. And the traffic... It looked like a video of traffic in China, only you're in the middle of it. I honestly don't know how I didn't die.

For what the tolls through Chicago cost me, I could have bought another 800 miles worth of gas and several dozen grey hairs. If I ever did another cross country trip, I would literally drive hundreds of miles out of my way to avoid Chicago.
>>
>>128502082
Oh God, the Indiana Tollway.
>"Tollway?"
>wtf is a "tollway?"

oh.
>>
Same reason California almost had a dam burst that was inspected and told it needed repairs twice over like 10 years. Gotta spend that money on illegals and niggers.
>>
My city just redid a major intersection and a bunch of roads that were in desperate need of it

Then people remembered

>"Oh, they're finally working on the roads!"
>"Ugh, they're STILL working on the roads?"
>"I hate construction. The roads were fine."

Also the fucking cucks down at the DOT turned a 4 way intersection in front of my house into a 1 way street and a curve for fuck all reason. The yearly parades used to go down that street. There hadn't been an accident on that intersection since 1975. There have been 5 since they changed it.
>>
>>128503023
Why spend a little bit of money up front on maintenance when you can blow federal emergency cash on a disaster instead?
>>
>>128485696
That's what happens when road maintenance isn't privatized. Unionized workers are lazy.

Here's what happens at my city:

>Roads that need repair don't get repaired fast enough.
>Roads that have no problems at all get demolished and "repaired".
>Many workers are hired to do the job that one person can do.
>Workers do the job very slowly.
>They idle their vehicles for hours to consume fuel to prove that they've been working.
>>
>>128486641
They really needed the mosquito nets
>>
>>128492490
This is actually true in my state the highways that are paid for by public money are shit but the pay for play toll roads which are paid for by private investors are really nice.
>>
That's like every road in Montreal.
>>
>>128485696

You got a huge dept (from mostly wars) that you have to pay off first to rich (mostly jewish) bankers.
Just google income tax and you'll see the problem there. Good luck Muricans.
>>
Buracuracy soaks up all the funds for the roads so the roads rot.
>>
>tfw no car to enjoy our adequate roads
>>
>>128505672
Can't you get like a $500 beater or something anon? You should enjoy the roads while you still can.
>>
>>128485696
Looks like NZ roads
Low population density nations find it more difficult to maintain roads
Privatization of roads would be quality>quantity
Privatization of all roads would result in high quality roads but less of them, instead of lots of shitty roads
Privatization would be much more space efficient
>>
>>128485696
We gotta have tax cuts for the rich, bro. That means no roads for you.
>>
>>128485696
>live in Oklahoma
>roads are constantly under construction
>20 man road crew consists of three people working and 17 spics standing around yelling spanish at each other
>>
>>128505849
The cost of warrant of fitness and registration and maintenence is huge though
>>
>>128506051
What kind of vehicles are popular there? Here in rural areas of course a lot of people have trucks that are just as at home on private dirt/gravel roads. I had an older Subaru that took moon rover driving like a champ.

>>128506193
That sucks. My first beater was like a few hundred a year until I learned to fix more of it myself. Registration fees are like a tank of gas, basically.
>>
>>128488888
>>128486009
This, people are taxed, Americans are taxed more then any other people on Earth, it's the people we're giving our money too who are corrupt and never invest in road maintenance
>>
A lot of the independent contractors who fix US roads are localized and have little competition. They often collude to raise prices to the point where many cities can't afford to fix all the roads that need to be fixed.

This happens all the time with all state-contracted industries, by the way. From the pipes in city water works to trash collection. The companies are few (2-4) and know with whom they're competing, so they strike deals with each other (highly illegal, but difficult to prove).
>>
>live in Phoenix
>main road by my house has been awful for past 10 years
>last year city says they obtained funds to fix roads
>my road is included on list
>they close down road for a week
>they only fix half a mile
>completely disregard the rest of it
>6 months later road is back to being shit with potholes everywhere
wtf do they use to repair? It seems every time it drizzles the road gets completely fucked.
>>
Because you live in a Democrat state probably
>t. Ohio
>>
>>128506873
Specious reasoning.
>>
>>128488888
To give you the general idea, said tax would be around 1% of a normal person's hourly wage, but only 0.0001% of a rich person's hourly wage. It's called a regressive tax and is a perfect example of how the rich don't pay their fair share of taxes.
>>
>>128499926
>be injuns
>don't charge fuel taxes so you can undercut gas stations near the reservation and drive them out of business
>be unable to pay for road maintenance
>complain about being poor even though every recognized member of your tribe gets 60 grand a year from your casino money

Featherniggers were a mistake.
>>
>>128507201
>fair share
Do you also believe in reparations and the tooth fairy
>>
>>128485696
Maybe if we focused on an area the size of a European country we could have nice roads. Unfortunately we have to pave a road to bumfuck nowhere 50 miles from the nearest gas station.
>>
>>128506456
In NZ station wagons and hatchbacks are popular in suburbs and city
4wd and utes are popular in country
Almost everything is abnormally expensive in NZ because of our isolation
>>
>>128485696
Former tuck driver. From what I've seen US roads are way better than Canada's garbage roads. Crossing back to Canada after a few weeks driving around the states is like going to a second world country. Except for Alberta. Oil money pays for good roads.
>>
>>128486512
Hitler built roads tho?
>>
>>128485696
Better than UK roads
>>
>>128485696
real reason? Because the regulations make it impossible to get anything done. Basically, they put so many walls in the way of building shit that even mundane things become lengthy and expensive. It's literally more money than it's worth to build anything or fix anything.
>>
> oh look the same "the US roads are bad" thread then posts a shitty city during winter (this is when plows knock up blacktop because it doesnt bond well in the cold)

stop with your bullshit you stupid socialist larping piece of shit.
>>
>>128485696
I'd rather have more money and shittier roads. Complain all you want, either shut up or start a road charity.
>>
>>128485696
Making new shiny shit is attractive to governors and mayors. It gets them a golden star they can put on their resume as an accomplishment. Fixing and maintaining infrastructure is a lot less rewarding, so it gets neglected.
>>
I have no complaints about any of the interstates I have traveled on in the US
>>
>>128485696
You should see Japan. Literally never even saw 1 pothole ever in 2 months of being there.

The place I was staying at, next door to it needed to rip up the ground to do electric stuff and put in some shit, the guys showed up, did everything and had it sealed all back up by the middle of the day.

The same shit I see like 20 council cockheads spend a week long to do over here. The nips just get straight in and get shit done properly and quickly with no bullshit.
>>
>>128487892
Well, roads would be good for us, and Muzzie immigrants bad for us, so I choose roads, and for me, my elected representatives will also therefore choose Muzzie immigrants.
>>
>>128487250
> Sometimes you'll go through 3-4 freeze/thaw cycles in the spring months.
Europe pretty much has that too in a lot of areas.

And of course the alps have it almost daily in some places.

Road surfaces can be made that don't fuck up very much even with a good bit of freezing and thawing.
>>
Texan here, my city is constantly patching up old roads, and by patching I mean completely redoing them.
>>
>>128485696
you understand that they have the equivalent of a small state worth of roads for their entire country
of course they have the time to obsess over each one, there aren't many there
>>
File: roadnetwork.png (58KB, 798x326px) Image search: [Google]
roadnetwork.png
58KB, 798x326px
>>128511797
> you understand that they have the equivalent of a small state worth of roads for their entire country
Nah. Pic related.

And actually the non-EU28 countries also have some more roads and other infrastructure.
>>
>>128485696
Because your country is a fucking shithole
>>
File: 1876876887.png (146KB, 562x504px) Image search: [Google]
1876876887.png
146KB, 562x504px
>>128485696
>>
>>128485696
25% of gdp is spent on keeping niggers and spics alive.
>>
File: 1496467479666.jpg (18KB, 475x350px) Image search: [Google]
1496467479666.jpg
18KB, 475x350px
>>128513291
>>
>>128488167
>Spokane?
This nigga knows

Our roads are literally the worst. They just tore up half of downtown to fix some pipes, and put the same exact asphalt back exactly the same way that it was. Some of the roads are even worse now. You fear for your car
>>
>>128485696
Roads are maintained by municipalities and a lot have fallen for the "back the bond" (and equivalent shit) Jew, are full of niggers, and/or flat out bankrupt (this and niggers are usually hand in hand).

Roads with smaller and less frequent potholes are probably just more-used roads. Notice why the toll roads have almost no defects? It's because of 2 reasons:
1) Privately owned so shit gets done
2) Nobody takes them because they hate paying tolls
>>
File: roadfatalities.png (87KB, 770x807px) Image search: [Google]
roadfatalities.png
87KB, 770x807px
>>128512827
Forgot sauce, sorry:
http://www.erf.be/images/Statistics/ADprint-ERFSTATS2016.pdf
>>
>>128485696
It was bad weather this spring for roads. Lots of raining, freezing and thawing.
>>
>>128485696
Because the "government" doesn't fix the roads. They pool your tax dollars and then hire an outside company to "fix" them. In order to keep the profits rolling in they do a half-assed job so the "government" has to hire them again to "fix" the roads again. Wash, rinse, and repeat.
>>
>>128507201
Gas usage is directly related to road usage, so rich people are paying according to the wear they cause on the road. Id hardly call that regressive
>>
Cause cheap labor for Jewish corporations needs imported with your taxes
>>
Most roads here in Fl are good. Mostly because we don't get large swings in temperature that make the roads expand and contract so much. But in my county we are getting new roads and overpasses. Lots of work going on here.
>>
>>128488576
Texas here not bad but I agree Florida's is better. Except we have U-turns for our highway exits. Though we need merge lane writing which florida has and I never see here.

Hmm and neither state has an income tax.

Really makes u think
>>
>>128492829
Ghetto south americans and recent (not older) arrival cubans, plus ghetto negros are the cause of that shit
>>
>>128499926
Not sure what road you were on but it wasn't the Thruway. Literally nothing you said is true about I-90 in New York.
>>
>>128485696
>Someone explain this.
The U.S. is a lot bigger than europe you dumbass.
>>
>>128516130
It's possible I'm thinking of 87, but I'm pretty sure I hit it coming in from Eire trying to get to Syracuse.
>>
>>128515135
The govt people usually hire friends of friends to do the work. Thats the problem. Corruption. It would happen even if the state did the work itself, maybe worse even (ussr infamously corrupt)
>>
>>128514954
Most of our streets don't seem to be doing that very much, and we sure also have a decent amount of rain, freezing, thawing.

Average street life figures pulled from infra suisse webpage:
Cover surface: 20 to 25 years
Covering and binding surface: 50 years
Complete foundation replacement: 100 to 125 years
Water drainage: 80 to 100 years

Maybe that doesn't include small patch-ups, but really, streets shouldn't fracture down to the foundation every winter.
>>
>>128516308
See >>128512827.

I think the "USA is bigger" thing doesn't really work.
>>
>>128485696
Bitch roads in the US are godly compared to here
>>
>>128485696
>Why are US roads so bad?
I can only speak for the Los Angeles area.

Higher spending priorities are public employee pay, public employee pensions, more money fo dem programs, illegal aliens, etc.
>>
I guess they have more important priorities with the taxes like giving free money to the niggers and beaners to not work and outbreed and cuck whitey with his own tax dollers. White people are literally breaking their back working to finance their own extinction while pretending everything is all good and Bowing down and sucking immigrant cock. What a time to be alive
>>
>>128516864
To be fair out roads also get just way more use here since public transportation is so minimal for the US as a whole because its impractical
>>
>>128516703
depends on the state/town
>>
That's a shitty nigger infested road. Who gives a fuck about their roads
>>
All burgers report to this thread.
>>
>>128517315

>>128509988
>>
>>128485696
Because almost 50% of our population isn't white
>>
>>128485696
I was wondering about the same thing when I lived in the US. The obvious explanation seems to be that Americans are simply not willing to pay as much for infrastructure as Europeans (or their governments). Everything tax funded in the US is much worse quality than in Europe. Water quality isn't as good, roads are obviously bad, the electrical system is much less reliable. In every case it's because Europe has taken a much more expensive approach. Water treatment plants in Europe are much more expensive to build. Water towers in Europe are built from reinforced concrete, a much more expensive approach than sheet metal which is common in the US. In Europe, power lines are generally buried, a much more expensive approach, even in relatively rural areas. Europe generally has much better internet connectivity, which obviously costs money to provide.

It's easy to conclude that the European way is obviously better, since all the services are obviously of better quality. But this is kind of like saying a good steak is better than a bad steak. Of course it's better, you paid more money for it. Who's to say the European way is better? It may very well be worth having a couple of potholes if you spend half as much on infrastructure.
>>
>>128486009
WTF. I pay 8.5% in state every quarter, and 28% for federal every quarter. We are being taxed, it's just going to Dem Programs that help people be lazy fuckalls.
>>
>>128485696

fwiw, Europe has better road building standards.
we have roads made to keep road guys working.
>>
File: 792550-hhzwilhelm2.jpg (38KB, 457x640px) Image search: [Google]
792550-hhzwilhelm2.jpg
38KB, 457x640px
>>128485696
The snow plows constantly destroy the roads. If you live in the south where it doesn't snow they are really nice.
>>
>>128517491
How many Jews do you have in Sweden as compared to the US? It's all about mental conditioning from a young age.
>>
>>128485696
Local roads are maintained by democratic counsels
>>
>>128517491
>It may very well be worth having a couple of potholes if you spend half as much on infrastructure.
Possible for some roads, but on highways especially I can't imagine the cost of the damage done to cars outweighing the cost of just keeping them pothole-free.

And I saw a fair lot of potholes even in highways.
>>
File: 113529z.jpg (102KB, 700x476px) Image search: [Google]
113529z.jpg
102KB, 700x476px
>>128485696

IF WE KICKED OUT THE 25+ MILLION ILLEGALS HERE, THE ROADS WOULD PROBABLY BE IN BETTER SHAPE

>wanna bet that the deterioration of our infrastructure is not reflected in the costs of having millions of illegals here
>>
>>128488592

Yep. The amount of corruption one finds in most U.S. public works, and the whole "bid" process would make the worst tinpot dictatorship seem a pinnacle of honesty.
>>
>>128517847
You're thinking like a sensible person, not a corrupt politician controlled by international Jewry out for the purpose of destroying most roads so that we goyim can be culled and herded into UN Agenda 21 corrals.
>>
>>128487529
This is why suvs pickups and crossovers are so popular, they absorb the abuse of shit roads better but also make the roads shittier faster than cars. People are so god damn stupid, theyd rather everything be a monoculture of trucks and suvs then just fucking pay taxes to fix roads
>>
>>128517847
>I can't imagine the cost of the damage done to cars outweighing the cost of just keeping them pothole-free
Of course it doesn't, but that's not really what matters, is it? The government or whoever provides the road doesn't reimburse people for pothole damaged cars, do they?

We have that kind of irrational behavior here too of course. If everyone's time and money was taken into account, all road work would take place during the night and be finished in one night. This isn't the case here. If they can't be bothered to finish before the weekend they'll just leave their shit there and block the traffic for minutes or hours for hundreds if not thousands of people.
>>
>>128506681
>Americans are taxed more then any other people on Earth
>>
>>128518383
Oh yeah, I forgot about the time I refused to pay taxes to fix the roads.
>>
They redid a freeway here, then some retard on the work crew ran the stripe removal machine wrong or something and gouged a deep swath in the road for miles right where the tires goes. It was deep enough to affect steering. Yeah, they had to repave it all.

Fuck the government.
>>
http://www3.weforum.org/docs/TTCR/2013/TTCR_DataTables7_2013.pdf

- According to this, the US is tied with Denmark, and ranks above the UK and Sweden in terms of road quality.
>>
>>128485696
because this is college in america these days

>we dont know how to fix them
>>128517801

>>128517801
>>
>>128518844
>ranks above the UK and Sweden
Not really surprising considering clearing snow and ice damages roads like nothing else does, and a good portion of the US doesn't have that problem.
>>
>>128487117
That's what happens when you have no state income tax.
>>
>>128518264
I think we also have some corruption in politics and infrastructure, but it doesn't seem to be nearly as bad.

>>128518487
I guess you're right. But if you go very obviously too far (such as allowing pot holes in highways) politicians and administrators should get fired in your country too, shouldn't they?

And I really think the US citizenry loves their cars even a bit more than we do. Shouldn't it happen more easily?
>>
>>128516434
Absolutely correct
>>
>>128519591
Switzerland is a remarkably small and cohesive country that manages to cope with such things as direct democracy and everybody being armed even in spite of speaking multiple languages.

I think Switzerland is a really cool example, but most of the rest of the world just isn't like that.
>>
>>128517066
Cali, Texas and Florida have great roads why not other states
>>
>>128485696
America can't into engineering, even your houses are made out of paper and your cars are unreliable
>>
>>128485696
Though I can't speak for US the roads are shit in Canada too. But Euro shit can't apply here. The temperate changes fuck everything over. When it can go from -10c at night to the road being over 30c the next day(13f to 80f), with millions of tons driving over it nothing can stand up to that.
And you only have 2-3 months of the year where it's possible to fix anything.
You get shit roads.
>>
>>128485696
We definitely can improve our infrastructure but something to consider is the amount of road we have compared to other places. Our highway system is unparalleled for the most part
>>
>>128485696
winter hasn't reached europe yet
>>
File: stekenjokk.jpg (86KB, 1142x643px) Image search: [Google]
stekenjokk.jpg
86KB, 1142x643px
>>128519591
Well, they're also more accustomed to the existence of potholes.
>>128519995
Bullshit, we have the same situation in Lappland and the roads there are fine.
>>
>>128519954
ikr I always buy Irish cars

(no actually I buy jap cars)
>>
>>128485696
also trucks don't exist in europe. the biggest they have are SUVs and practically every other person owns a smallcar/fiat
>>
>>128485696
Depends on the state and city. Alabama's roads in general are awful, but once you get into a city (except bham) they're generally bretty good. If you go to Tennessee, the roads get gud too.
>>
>>128521192
This isn't true, a lot of people here drive trucks
>>
>>128485696
There are a series of bad potholes right in front of my house on my street. I shit you not, the other week two guys came by in a truck. They shovelled a bunch of asphalt substitute in the potholes that were filled with rain water. Took them 5 mins, and the potholes were just as bad again a week later.
>>
>>128521192
>>128521616
He's kind of right though. Anything over 3.5 tonnes in the EU and you need a special license. In the US it's way more than that. We only have small pickup trucks, and very few have those.
>>
File: for_the_people.jpg (261KB, 1000x808px) Image search: [Google]
for_the_people.jpg
261KB, 1000x808px
>>128485696
>Why are US roads so bad?
because money is better spent elsewhere
>>
>>128485696

It's like you've never driven in Texas.
>>
File: Untitled.png (203KB, 661x627px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
203KB, 661x627px
>>128485696
>why cant we just do things the european way
lets say we didn't
>>
>>128506456
>Registration fees are a tank of gas
Tell that to my $120 plate renewal and $22 tanks of gas. Fuckin Indiana, still better than Pennsylvania with their highest gas tax in the nation
>>
>>128507201
So you're suggesting that gas tax should be adjusted based on the buyer's income? Do you have any idea how much MORE that would cost to implement? Never mind how retarded the entire idea is.
>>
>>128522407
My fambly in NY is still jelly of what I pay for gas in PA. It's not the best, but I'll take it. Insurance is also literally 1/3 of what it was in NY.

And unlike those cretins in NJ, I can pump it my self and even click the lever so it keeps pumping on its own while I wash my windshield.
>>
>>128519832
Well, you're also kind-of a many-foreigners union-confederation-nation state thing. With (quite a bit less regulated) guns.

I'm not fully convinced that being "small" is all the difference for things including street maintenance (you know, small country, streets to almost span the world twice around, and with a lot of tunnels and avalanche management and all that), rather than a bunch of the political and administrative constructs we have - but I guess we can't know unless at some point a big union nation confederation thing actually tries a bunch more of them for a longer while.
>>
>>128507407
>gets 60 grand a year from gubmint gibsmedats
>reservation is still somehow a worse shithole than Chicago ghettos
What the fuck, featherniggers
>>
>>128485696

Accountant here. The main reasons roads are fucked is because the taxes that are suppose to be used to repair them are not accounted for in a "Road Maintenance" account but in the "General Funding" account. I wont speculate on why that is but needless to say, it is always running out of funding.
>>
>>128512827
>hurr durr your argument is wrong because these 28 countries have 10% more roads than the USA
Did you even read that pic before you submitted it?!
>>
>>128515555
checked
>>
>>128485696
most countries have shit roads, everyone has a sucky government or local council or whatever
>>
>>128515190
trucks cause an inordinate amount of wear and tear on the roads, use them the most, and rely on them to profit, but god forbid you hurt the lifeblood of american commerce

key point, nobody wants to pay anything but wants access to the service while pulling a profit

this modern sense of profit, interest and overhead is ridiculous, I blame the traders and bankers
>>
>>128522710
I think you're thinking in the right direction. If it were the case that a local community (city, county) really had to take care of its own shit instead of relying on a political machine, state and federal gibs, and ultimately the private central Federal ReJew Bank, then we might have people who give a shit about their own surroundings making sure the roads were at least decent.

But we don't. The system is totally perverted, and it all goes back to the (((money masters))), their cultural subversion, and the psychological warfare they peddle off as public education.
>>
>>128487238
True. We don't have as massive suburbs as you do and majority of the people live within walking distance to their workplace. In case of rain the public transportation system cycles like once every 5 minutes so catching a cheap bus isn't a problem.
>>
>>128522634
True, NY and NJ make everywhere else look cheap. Hence why I live in the midwest.
>>
>>128511065
why would the road companies do that? just do effective work that lasts so they don't need a new contract to overrun every two weeks
>>
>>128488735
How is that a problem? Just repair all roads during the summer as other countries do.
>>
>>128488592
bullshit road construction guys work there ass off, its just that theres not enough money to maintain all the roads
>>
>>128523262
>I blame the traders and bankers
OY VEY GOY THAT'S YOUR RETIREMENT PLAN WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WHEN YOU GO BROKE WHEN YOU'RE OLD YOU SHOULD THANK US FOR TAKING CARE OF YOU MONEY FOR YOU THANKLESS GOY YOU SHOULD BE CULLED STUPID THANKLESS WORTHLESS GOY I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL YOU DIE AND I CAN BUY ANOTHER YACHT SO YOUR CHILDREN HATE YOU AND WANT MORE COMMUNISM

HA HA!

WHAT A DUMB GOY
>>
>>128523011
Op talks about Europe. You say:
> you understand that they have the equivalent of a small state worth of roads for their entire country
And then it turns out that there are more roads in the EU28 (without the other non-EU European countries) than in the USA. So what exactly would I be wrong about?
>>
Cities spend all their money on niggers, illegals and (((government))) investments and pensions
>>
File: Temps.jpg (84KB, 599x871px) Image search: [Google]
Temps.jpg
84KB, 599x871px
>>128520848
>Bullshit, we have the same situation in Lapland and the roads there are fine.
Bullshit back at you. Lapland temperature range is mild in comparison.
Also, there's less then 100k people living there.
There's over 4 million living here.
>>
>>128488592
>Because the road funds constantly get raided by politicians so they can give their buddies no bid contracts who will take 3 years to fix one stretch of road

this. when it comes to infrastructure, contracting is a mistake. the government should hire and maintain it's own crews who work directly for them, rather than hire private contractors to do work. these crews should be ran and maintained by a specific division of state governments with proper checks and balances.
>>
>>128485696
Europe has way better infrastructure, healthcare, and quality of life in general. I thought it was all a meme as well until i traveled through northern europe and saw it for myself.

It redpilled me that we're not the greatest country on earth. That's just shit politicians say to get elected.
>>
I think roads in Japan are much better than both Europe and the US.
>>
>>128485696
>Someone explain this.
Europe is the size of Texas.
>>
I live in Colorado and there is constant freezing and thawing, also, the snow plows do a good job of tearing up the roads and making potholes
>>
>>128524066
The EU isn't a country. It's TWENTY-EIGHT countries. I thought that was obvious from "EU28".
>>
>>128523332
The odd thing is even then, on a coarse level, we have the same organization.

National streets, cantonal ("state") streets, municipal streets, and each needs their respective entity to be funded. [And you won't be surprised to hear we have banks and a central bank, too...]

Somehow we achieve that they give a shit, though.

>>128523638
Don't you have clauses in contracts that push the cost of expedient repair + fine for interruptions or some such onto them if roads break too early?
>>
>>128525191
The difference is you have a coherent culture in spite of the differences, and your BIS is the central bank of central banks.

In the US, you can see a parallel where something this big has people that for the most part at the end of the day will call each other brothers for the most part. But at the same time, we're under attack from the talmudvision, Jewlywood, Israel, and everything you could imagine because the US is the world's superpower. And the cultural subversion is aimed right at nihilism and not caring about your neighbor (multiculturalism, graft, rat race).

It's all-out war against us.

>somehow we achieve that the give a shit
That's the difference.
>>
>>128512827
>>128524066
The problem with your chart is 90-100% of the roads in europe are paved, depending on country. You have about 5.2 million total. Only around half of the roads in north america are paved. So that USA number is more around 8.4 million.

Not counting dirt roads in any of that of course. Those aren't really kept track of here, doubt they are in Europe. IF you put those in you'd have to over double the numbers again.
>>
>>128524256
Ridiculous comparison given the size and varying topography of the areas, and why are you incorrectly rewriting my entire post instead of copying and pasting? And how is having more people there a good argument for the roads being worse quality? Higher population density means it's easier to maintain good roads, not harder.
>>
>>128525017
Europe was what OP discussed, of course you'd contrast at least the EU28 to the USA, if not the whole of Europe?

I guess you could also compare European nations to US states individually to have areas of about the same size or whatever, but you'd still just find out that Europe has more roads.

>>128525634
I strongly believe almost nobody to nobody in this thread is thinking of the quality of UNPAVED and dirt roads though. The OP was obviously talking about good, "smooth as butter" paved roads.

You can write all unpaved roads off as "shit by default". Maybe drive-able, but you're generally not going to expect low wear full speed driving, or that the state expends much maintenance work on them.
>>
File: jj.jpg (157KB, 1855x575px) Image search: [Google]
jj.jpg
157KB, 1855x575px
>>128526354
You said your lapland had the same weather conditions as my home, and I showed you it didn't.
And more people means more roads to maintain, more vehicles driving them. We have much worse weather for the roads and they take over 40x the beating yours do.

Also
>incorrectly rewriting my entire post instead of copying and pasting?
The fuck are you on sven?
>>
File: sv001.jpg (150KB, 933x700px) Image search: [Google]
sv001.jpg
150KB, 933x700px
>>128527767
unpaved doesn't mean dirt. It means gravel. grid roads. dirt roads aren't counted in any sense at all.

Also if you think gravel roads are shit you don't know gravel roads bou. They comfy as fuck. And drive 60mph as easy as on paved.
>>
>>128527064
>You said your lapland had the same weather conditions as my home, and I showed you it didn't.
No you didn't. You showed some dubious data produced through an unknown procedure for two enormous areas. The variations aren't necessarily representative of a change in the climate given the size and topography of the areas. If you compare two typical places in each region you will see they have a similar climate.
See
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edmonton#Climate
and compare with
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jokkmokk
And you will see they have nearly identical climate figures. Other places in Alberta will have similar corresponding places in Lappland, except of course for the >2100m altitude regions since such places don't exist in Sweden, but very few roads are actually at this altitude.
>And more people means more roads to maintain, more vehicles driving them. We have much worse weather for the roads and they take over 40x the beating yours do.
And you also have 40x the taxpayers to fund them. Are you seriously suggesting that population density negatively affects road quality? It's obviously more expensive to build and maintain roads with lower population density.
>The fuck are you on sven?
You incorrectly rewrote my post since you changed Lappland into Lapland. It might interest you to know that Lapland with one p generally refers to the Finnish region, which is a different place.
>>
It's from the misuse of tax money, on both the State and Federal level.
>>
>>128509183
True Alberta has great roads. Manitoba and Quebec roads are the worst. Third world tier.
>>
>>128518167
Would also help if we didn't fight wars for our Jewish masters.
>>
>>128485696
It's because we have 4.12 million miles of roads. Don't over think it.
>>
>>128527890
>>128528091
why do people keep deleting their posts?
>>
>>128528965
He accidentally replied to the wrong post so he reposted and deleted it.
>>
Obama 2009: Heh heh yeah I sold em with "shovel-ready jobs".
>>
>>128528091
There's 2000 people in that city. I don't know cities in Sweden, but I'll trust that you picked the mildest city in the entire place for that. Because that's what deadmonton is. The mildest city in all of Alberta. It's in a fucking different climate region then the rest of the province.

Also in my comparision I did you a massive favor. I compared the average temp of a province larger then your entire country to your small cold corner. If I cherrypicked a part of canada that was the same size/population as lapland it would be even more of a joke how nice and calm lapland is.
Not that I'm saying shit about lapland. My mormor's family is from there. It's just nice a warm according to both the stats I've found and her stories.

And 40x the people doesn't mean 40x the money.

>>128528965
It replied me to myself twice instead of someone else. So I deleted and reposted.
>>
>>128528407
MB's roads are a national embarrassment. The bullshit excuses about "it's the weather" when Minnesota and North Dakota have the exact same but still manage to have them pristine.
>>
>>128529350
Who the fuck actually cares?

LOOK AT ME I HATE JEWS
GAS THE KIKES
SWEDES ARE ALL KEKS
HITLER DID ONLY ONE THING WRONG
MACRON IS A HYPERFAGGOT PEDOPHILE--ENABLER
5 AND A HALF PLUS 3 EQUALS SEVEN
ALSO MAKE SURE TO GAS ALL THE KIKES

don't you understand how this place works?
>>
roads in the southwest aren't bad
>>
>>128526354
>why are you rewriting my post instead of copying and pasting

This isn't how we do things on reddit
>>
File: 1481339844819.jpg (118KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1481339844819.jpg
118KB, 800x800px
>>128529560
>So I deleted and reposted
>>
File: transformer18_furka.jpg (718KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
transformer18_furka.jpg
718KB, 1000x667px
>>128527890
>>128528021
Yea, I essentially meant all unpaved road types.

Even the one in your picture is obviously not a match for a good paved road. It might be safe enough to drive at 60mph as long as it's more or less straight - not sure if I'd consider the pebbles and stuff low wear though, and it probably wouldn't work too well for typical paved road levels of traffic...
>>
File: 1421115103677.png (461KB, 1080x822px) Image search: [Google]
1421115103677.png
461KB, 1080x822px
>>128485696
How about you stay in Europe, Abdullah?
>>
>>128485696
Because the U.S. is corrupt and it's run by thieves and criminals and it's simple as that.
>>
>>128528407
Alberta has shit roads compared to Europe. Just not as shit as some other places.

Also fuck the frenchies and the mennonites. Sask is where the real roads are. Last time I went through I had to drive through a fucking lake that the build the road under.
>>
>>128529844
What? I fucked up, and fixed my mistake. Should I have left it as a monument to my failure?
>>
>>128530069
Yes, also, you should go get fucked you leaf piece of shit
>>
File: 1479876832685.jpg (146KB, 727x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1479876832685.jpg
146KB, 727x1000px
>>128530069
Oh, honey child
I didn't even need to use an archive to see it.
Oh, bluejay.
>>
File: SA107103012.jpg (161KB, 700x563px) Image search: [Google]
SA107103012.jpg
161KB, 700x563px
>>128529852
What do you mean "AS LONG AS" it's more or less straight.
Are there other types of roads beyond straight?
>>
>>128529796
We have the best roads don't we folks?
>>
>>128485696
NH roads are amazing. MA, NY, OH, IL are shit.
>>
File: 2scoopsnyc.jpg (178KB, 1024x706px) Image search: [Google]
2scoopsnyc.jpg
178KB, 1024x706px
I love how people shit on libertarians citing roads, when we all know how shitty they have and always will be.
>>
File: IMG_5739.jpg (221KB, 1234x940px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5739.jpg
221KB, 1234x940px
>>128530306
There are more roads that are not simply paved with maple syrup leaf phaggot
>>
>>128489769
case in point, Hitler was left wing.
>>
>>128530388
Yes, roads in New Hampshire are amazing. They're SO amazing that they all lead to the same bullshit arcade your shit state is famous for. Get civilized shitlord.
>>
File: arianta_furka.jpg (1MB, 2048x1024px) Image search: [Google]
arianta_furka.jpg
1MB, 2048x1024px
>>128530306
Hm. Yea, in difficult terrain or cities or all sorts of situations you almost never see in Canada, I guess?

By the way, that road in your picture is rather pretty, regardless of how I'd rate it as a driving surface.
>>
File: gravel-road.jpg (341KB, 1300x1124px) Image search: [Google]
gravel-road.jpg
341KB, 1300x1124px
>>128530306
I'm not sure I've ever seen a road here that wasn't straight.
>>
>>128530603
>masshole detected
stop coming to my state and fraudulently voting for dirty hippies
>>
File: 544507873.jpg (178KB, 508x339px) Image search: [Google]
544507873.jpg
178KB, 508x339px
>>128530687
I mean. You COULD go around a lake. But then the road wouldn't be straight anymore. And if it's not straight, is it still a road?
>>
>>128485696

DPW worker here. The situation is fucked but it can be broken down several ways:

1. There are certain roads which do not technically fall under the jurisdiction of the town and do not technically fall under the jurisdiction of the state. So the town and the state both refuse to acknowledge ownership/responsibility and they go back and forth until it gets so bad that the state finally caves. It's absolutely absurd.

2. The most common method of fixing a pothole here in New England is simply filling it in with tar. This is a temporary fix as the road will undoubtedly worsen the following winter. The only real solution is to repave the entire road. Even once fully repaved, you are lucky to not have some dumb fuck resident or business that requires the addition of utility cables which means the freshly dug pavement has to be dug up and the surface is ruined, yet again introducing a point of failure for the following winter

3. Funding. There is no excuse to leave potholes like OP's pic, it's literally a 20 minute fix and our town can fix something like that with just two workers and a truck.
>>
>>128530852
>DPW WORKERS ~ LAZIEST PIECES OF SHOT IN EXISTENCE
>>
>>128494475

A funny example of this is Route 1. Follow Route 1 all the way down and you will be forced to observe just how SHIT the entire highway is. The surface is buckled almost throughout the entire length, it's got potholes, etc... it's all shit

You know where it isn't shit? Directly outside of Gillette Stadium. Flawless fucking pavement for about a half mile before and after.
>>
>>128488167
>>128513788
Didn't expect two fellow Spokane bros on an international seal clubbing forum
>>
>>128487238
We have more roads in Europe dumbass, and since the population is higher they are being used more, not less. And its the most used that is the most maintained and in best condition. Learn to build better roads!
>>
File: IMG_5726.jpg (52KB, 500x486px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5726.jpg
52KB, 500x486px
>>128530769
>Rock chewing vanity plate shill detected
No thanks dipshit, lived there (massafuckyou) for college and refuse to go back with all the pussies similar to all the blue collar worthless rednecks and simpletons that live in New Hampshire.
>>
>>128530852
One of my favorite bits was like

>get your cars off the roads we be repaving this shits
>pavepavepave
>alright, fuck that, we have a big water projects, gotta dig it up, get off the roads, we have to pave this

>k alright, we need to break up the roads to run a new gas line to this new house because they need a new gas line
>don't worry, we'll send around some niggers with hot asphalt in the back of a pickup to slap some in and drive off
>you can pay to dig that out and have a side walk

>OH SORRY THE GAS LINES WERE WRONG TIME TO BANG UP YOUR NEW ROAD AGAIN PLS WAIT FOR THE CITY TO REPAVE KTHX
>>
File: team-america_puke.gif (384KB, 217x199px) Image search: [Google]
team-america_puke.gif
384KB, 217x199px
>>128531236
was your asshole infected in college or did you always have aids?
>>
>>128531200
Road network sizes:
US: 6,722,347 Km
Sweden 579,564 km
what the fuck are you on about
>>
File: sunni_mountain_bridge.jpg (271KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
sunni_mountain_bridge.jpg
271KB, 1200x800px
>>128530844
Weren't your cars big enough to drive through the average lake directly anyhow?

Also, curves everywhere here. Even tunnels and bridges quite often have curves.
>>
File: old.png (2MB, 1380x648px) Image search: [Google]
old.png
2MB, 1380x648px
>>128531314

pic related. they dug up the road to add some utilities for this park they built. this pic is from november, and over the winter, the seems of the filled payment already broke
>>
>>128518383
we do pay taxes to fix the roads, faggots like you re-allocated that money to give free cell phones to niggers
>>
I feel like they're using inferior materials for road construction here in NYC. Every fucking time they repave a road, a week later you have a crew of niggers cutting it open to fix some utilities. It's getting really annoying and part of the reason why I'm getting a truck. In an industrial area near me, the road is sunken in on two lanes so bad that you can't make a u turn without bottoming you car out completely. It's an absolute embarrassment.
>>
>>128485859
This + Keynesian economics.

Usury has destroyed the west.
>>
>>128529560
I don't understand what your argument is. The reason we're discussing this in the first place is because you claimed your situation was unique and that it was impossible to maintain your roads. Edmonton and Calgary are obviously typical for the average road in Alberta, since that's where most people live. Jokkmokk is one of the biggest municipalities and it's representative for the typical road in Lappland. I'm sure there are places with worse climates in both regions. We have roads that just opened for traffic a few days ago when the snow was removed. Those roads still look pristine and will immediately be fixed if they break. You obviously just spend less money on your roads than we do.
>>
File: 1494546856331.jpg (319KB, 1050x680px) Image search: [Google]
1494546856331.jpg
319KB, 1050x680px
>>128485859
fpbp

We need to spend a billion on (((climate change))) in foreign countries instead!!!!
>>
Because the road money is stolen, either literally or redirected to cover budget shortfalls. Politicians patch roads because they're only around for 2 or 4 maybe 8 years years, they're not worried about a long-term road project
>>
i dont know where you shitters live - potholes occassionally develop when it rains but they're fixed within 24 hours
>>
>>128531678
That image is heresy
>>
>>128531941
You posted edmonton. Not calgary.

Calgary can go from -15c at 4am to 24c at 4pm.
Every single day for a week.
While trucks the size of that hamlet you posted drive over the road 24 hours a day.

It doesn't matter how much money you pump into that road. It's gonna shit itself.
>>
>>128485696
>Thinking European roads are good
>>
>>128531658
Did you just compare US with a population over 300 mil and Sweden with only 10 mil?
I was talking about Europe...burger education
>>
>>128485696
You clearly haven't visited Britain then.
>>
>driving through Oklahoma to get to Texas
>going through some shithole town full of potholes, gravel side streets, etc.
>Drive over a meth needle and tire is flat within 20 minutes

Next time I'll go around that whole state and drive through Arkansas even though it takes 3 hours more.
>>
>>128531814
Don't kid yourself. Nobody knows how to do anything in NYC.

My favorite part of NYC, now that the taxis are all driven by gay faggots who can't drive in New Dheli, is to take my rallymobile and drive like I mean it until they get the fuck out of my way and go sideways around the potholes, and wreak horror on the BQE until I can get out on to roads where I can terrorize the richfags in their costly cars on the Southern State.

It feels so good.
>>
>>128487945
If you paint dicks around the holes they get patched pretty fast.
>>
>>128532471

europe isn't a country nord.
>>
>>128532551
Or Spain
>>
>>128531941
>>128532344
Let me dramatize this.

You're outside in Calgary, going down a hill on a sled thanks to the 15cm of snow that dropped last night. It's -20c and the sun is shining at 2pm.

Then out of nowhere, 160kph wind kicks up, the mercury flips completely around and all the snow melts. You're now an asshole sitting on a sled, on the grass, sweating your balls off in the winter coat you brought.

It's 4pm and +20c.
Tell me about the weather in Lappland.
>>
>>128490681
They go 6-8 here in CO. I occasionally post construction stories here for the lulz. Our company does asphalt and concrete.

The crease thaw cycle occurs here about 100-140 times a year. We gotta crack fill yearly around here. Repave or overlay every 5-10 years on heavily trafficed roads. I'm in CO Springs.
>>
>>128485696

Federal taxes are diverted to another megabillion ship or fighter project instead of maintaining infrastructure, "deferring" what's needed to keep the potholes filled and the bridges not falling down.

Defense spending basically tosses huge chunks of the US budget out of any useful purpose whatsoever for domestic needs.
>>
>>128485696
The only thing that the state of GA does correctly is tax fuel to pay for roads. It's equitable and efficient.
>>
>>128492490
>Economic cartels
lol
>>
>>128513788
You simply cannot do that.

What might have happened is an excavation crew found themselves patching and it looks and drives terribly.
>>
>>128485696
Come to Texas. Just don't stay.
>>
For starters we spend *hundreds* of billions annually feeding, clothing, and housing NIGGERS and SPICS.
>>
>>128488700

ko da ikoga zanima tvoja vukojebina cigane
>>
>>128531658
Europe has much denser populations on average though. So most of the population doesn't have to drive as far and trains and public transit are more feasible.

Also most of Europe has way less cars.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_vehicles_per_capita

Plus way less road
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_road_network_size

Even when you add up all the Euro countries it is still less. Also there are countries like Finland and Sweden with small populations and long country highways.

So
>Similar population
>Driving more cars
>On a larger road network
Results in more wear on roads and larger costs of maintaining roads.
>>
File: behelit.gif (2MB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
behelit.gif
2MB, 500x375px
>living in Canberra (already off to a good start)
>car has already gone through two blown tires in the last year from fucking potholes and several near misses
>the street I live on is absolutely riddled with them
Fuck the local government, faggots are too busy building a tram line that nobody fucking wants when instead they could be fixing their shitty roads. Why it took them 200 years to finally get around to construction I have no idea
>>
File: nerve.jpg (210KB, 515x725px) Image search: [Google]
nerve.jpg
210KB, 515x725px
>>128487117
Bullshit
Go back to redit you lying piece of shit. You put all your skill points into charisma and now you outed yourself as a retarded asshole.
>>
File: Kecko_devils_wall_and_bridges.jpg (2MB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
Kecko_devils_wall_and_bridges.jpg
2MB, 2048x1365px
>>128532071
You'll like this old and new devil's bridge, photo taken from the devil's wall AND it of course has good road surface.

Curved heresy to drive on.
>>
>>128522115
Very clever pic. Realized what you meant when I saw Saddam in the Amber Room.
>>
>>128534590
> Plus way less road
> Even when you add up all the Euro countries it is still less
No. See >>128512827, it's more road even with just the EU28.
>>
>>128485696
Roads in america are typically awful in the midwest because they get a lot of snow, we salt the living fuck out of the roads, and plow them with plows that scrape the road.

The salt increases melt/freeze cycles but a massive amount, causing cracks and loosening chunks of pavement, then a plow goes over it and rips it out making a pot hole, that increases as people drive over it, they cant be fixed properly in winter. The roads need to be replaced like every 2 years and its sort of needs to be in a perma state of construction. Notice in the picture you posted the road is still noticeably black and relatively new.

Roads in places that dont see a lot of snow or dont salt are much better and last far longer. There are places like in new orleans where the land is sort of sinking or roads built next to steep cliffs that see landslides that can get shitty like in california.

Its a really fucking huge country with a shitload of roads...so the issues is sort of playing catch up with all the roads that need work and the incredibly high cost of labor and unions required to do the work.
>>
>>128523930
This is a crock of shit. City workers smoke weed and laugh about the amount of time they spend jerking off on public dime.
>>
>>128488888
Checked. Your digits don't lie.

People are taxed.
>>
File: Gas Taxes By State.jpg (84KB, 725x649px) Image search: [Google]
Gas Taxes By State.jpg
84KB, 725x649px
>>128489299
Gas tax is wasted on bullshit. Roads are crap in California.
>>
>>128492495
>WAfag here
Our roads fell behind 30 years ago.

We've always needed more lanes and have been 10-15 years behind. Maintaining our roads is a pipe dream.

But hey, at least there will be a tunnel
>>
>>128485696
Quite a few potholes and other shit on my drive to work.
Thread posts: 302
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.