[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is retail dying?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 309
Thread images: 30

File: kmart-office.jpg (83KB, 1000x750px)
kmart-office.jpg
83KB, 1000x750px
Is it Amazon? Poor business management? White flight? Dying suburbs? Diversity causing people to hunker down and avoid public spaces?

What is it?
>>
Because their "sales" aren't really sales, and places like Amazon have better deals and practically next day shipping. But Kmart has sucked ass for years now so it was a foreseen thing.
>>
It's Amazon.
>>
>>128421707
Whats white flight?
>>
>>128422155
Whites leaving a city/area because of how shitty it's gotten, leaving the minorities to either do nothing or fix it.
>>
>>128421707
New options.

Online retail is a a very real and viable alternative to physical outlets and/or malls.
Pull oriented inventory systems and daisy-chained warehousing are proving more cost efficient than the older Push model store outlets.
>>
Because people are tired of being trapped in their boring cities or towns and just want to gtfo every once in a while now that the internet exposed them to what their ignorance deprived them of experiencing.
>>
>>128422532
>t. Middle class faggot who travels the world with daddy's hard earned money and never learned the value of a dollar.
>>
>>128422721
No one wants to eat at your shitty restaurant
>>
>>128421707
Part of it's generational. Boomers were the ones who drove shopping at Wal-Mart, etc. and now they all have Alzheimer's and live in homes. They can't even remember their own names, much less use a credit card to go shopping.

And Boomers were the ones with money or at least access to credit. The younger generations have less of everything. And like a lot of people are going to say, they are also more savvy about using technology to make their less money and credit stretch further too.

I remember all those Lexus ads from my childhood, aimed squarely at the Boomers. And the most Gen X can do is compact luxury SUV like that MKC that was parodied by SNL. The MKC. Which is basically a tarted up Focus. And that's GenX. Millenials have even less. That right there tells you everything you need to know.
>>
>>128422834
they grew up playing with dirt for toys can you blame them when a toaster was the iphone of their time?
>>
>>128422834
When the boomers die off, will suburbs die with them? Because it feels like everything associated with suburban life is slowly decaying.
>>
>>128421707
why I don't go to retail unless i have to:
lack of self-checkout lines and only one cashier on duty
people drive in parking lots like mad max
>>
>>128423107
Future ghettos. But nuh uh anon thatll never happen. Thats what they said with the first rings of suburbia near the inner city.
>>
>>128421707
People want to avoid being around niggers. As the nigger population increases we will see less people going to place frequented by these creatures.
>>
>>128423107
Prepare for Mexicanization and Niggerization. Favela v2.0. The boomers that sell first will sell best.
>>
just like with most things.... its a just little drop that makes up a storm, retail is hitting the rails because of high prices on items, low wages causing them to hire poorly trained staff, the amazon elephant in the room, and culture enrichment..... displacing white area, causing ppl to stay home more, ageing population in whites .... old ppl sit at home lol
>>
we had a big k back where i used to live, and then a walmart opened up literally across the street from it and seemingly overnight the big k was empty of shoppers
>>
The US retail sector is vastly overbuilt. We have something like 6x the retail floor area per capita compared to parts of Europe and Japan. There are big box stores everywhere, far more than needed.
>>
>>128423268
Well, they're not increasing.
>>
>>128423091
If there were upticks, you'd have one in the bag
>>
>>128421707
Amazon Prime.
>>
>>128423510
Future growhouses for legal cannabis, actually most fruits and veggies should be grown locally in abandoned shopping centers
>>
People are too fucking poor now
>>
I really don't understand how people can buy clothes online

Getting a good fit is really hard and even if I know a brand or store, it takes a few tries to find something that fits. People are apparently not doing that at all now and just guessing what will fit them
>>
>>128422822
Nigga I'm a 24 y/o postal worker.
>>
File: 1463075144971.jpg (72KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1463075144971.jpg
72KB, 1280x720px
I'm about to commit a sin
http://www.cracked.com/article_22410_6-famous-companies-you-had-no-clue-were-dying.html

Apparently Amazon is kicking the shit out of brick and mortar, but yet it's extremely unsuccessful as a business model.
>>
The reason Kmart died is horrible management. They had a target demographic that they ignored and forced stores to install expensive computers for only shoppers that didn't exist. Rather than running paper ads and focusing on their primary consumers. The elderly and hispanics.
>>
>>128423572
Wut?
>>
>>128423682
you know sites have size charts with exact clothing dimensions right..?
>>
>>128423107
Nah the millenial grandchildren will acquire the house and not know how to fix a leaky faucet.
>>
>>128423720
No one wants you to deliver them shitty amazon orders
>>
No proof, but municipalities have been getting greedy and may slap extra sales tax locally. This is in addition to sales tax. So you pay 7% sales tax on clothes, but if you buy online (even on stores own site) you can avoid it. Some people will go to a store, try on clothes and order online specifically to avoid paying this extra tax.
>>
>>128422834
>>128423107

Along the same lines, how will the stock market fare when all their massive retirement nest eggs are spent on nursing homes and "healthcare"?
>>
>>128421707
Laziness. That's one human nature the free market can't fix.

TL;DR: Amazon
>>
I cancelled my Amazon prime account today. FuckBezos
>>
>>128423825
Tbh the only reason millennials will not know these things is because their fathers were too busy working for schlomo to teach them anything.
>>
>>128423852
Nigga I haven't lifted shit in 3 years I'm admin side making 112k. We're doing fine especially since we fucked ups over and won the contract from Amazon, that and the increase in postage, coupled with flat rate boxes (only thing keeping us really afloat) and I'm set. Going to europe in a few months to fuck off and vacation.
>>
>>128423825
>Nah the millenial grandchildren will acquire the house
hahahahahahah i have bad news for you dude
>>
>>128423682
Boomer spotted.
>>
K Markt newer renewed themselves. They havent updated their stores for 20 years. Their core customers is 60+ now and dying off. Their net income is negative and their ability to handle their debt is gone. The supermarked boom from the 50'ties and forward is over. And the companies not well established in online retail is soon to be history.
>>
>>128423753
It's only "unsuccessful" because as an entity it's trying to take over the world and therefore spending shit piles of money on experimental long shots like same day delivery and drones.

It's stock price is great, about to break $1000
>>
>>128424050
Millenials were and are anti parent. The #1 thing they always bitches about was never being lile their parents who were considered "wage slaves" while the millineals scrape by working food and beverage and blow their tips on trips to cancoun to find themselves.
>>
>>128424060
youre still in business thanks to colorado legalizing weed and everyone growing pot in their apartments and mailing it out of state. Its why jeff sessions wont touch legal weed because bye usps if that weed money dried up
>>
>>128423510
That's just part of urban sprawl. We take up huge amounts of space with our suburban homes and we drive for miles on seas of concrete to pick up a gallon of milk. Boomers invented an unnatural and extremely gluttonous way of life.
>>
>>128423889
The government is scared shitless of the Boomers losing their retirement money. And they know most of that moeny is in the stock market. Notice how bulletproof the stock market has become even though the real economy keeps getting shittier and shittier?

I don't think you'll see a crash like a lot of people are expecting. What I do think you'll see is hyperinflation.
>>
>>128421707
Consumerism is dying because people are finally realizing cheap shit doesn't make you happy. Also, drug culture is on the rise and that's not something you can economically track. Look at the economic activity generated when states make weed legal.
>>
>>128423825
they'll get the house and wont be able to pay the property taxes on it, so they'll sell it
>>
>>128423889

It will boom if they're spending on those sectors. That's how the market works.
>>
>>128424268
Actually it's more like Guam and trust islands on my part of the world, it's handled very inefficiently but fuck it it generates scans and man hours and that's all I need for a paycheck.
>>
>>128424317
Dude property tax here is around 1600 a year how can you not pay it.

Unless you're talking about the inheritance tax they'll get fucked by once they acquire the house.
>>
>>128424390
No one wants to go to guam
>>
>>128421707
They never upped themselves to the new market. I took three years just to check out a couple of items.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1__Qg1toSSs
One just went out across the street from me last month. Hopefully something better moves in there.
>>
>>128424481
People from Guam mail a lot of shit to and from guam.
>>
>>128422721
Middle class faggot here: if you're doing this you're not middle class, you're pretty fucking wealthy
>>
>>128424298

Interesting insight, im going to file it.

Still I think when the economy tanks itll be from something unstoppable, like rothschild deciding to push the red button, or yellowstone going off and everyone selling nonstop because america will be ruined.

Sooo... not a product of things being shitty, but actually being cannonballed.
>>
>>128421707

Remember when there were "big box stores." A few that went down was Circuit City, BORDERS books...
>>
go to the shops 1987.
free parking most towns,lots of different shops. no muslims/immigrants.

go to shops 2017.
pay to park anywhere and everywhere, all shops are the same in every town. foreign cunts everywhere dressed like it s the fucking middle east.
>>
>>128424560
I dont see why theyd need to. They could walk it to their recipient... oh yeah because spurdo american vear is modeled after guamese
>>
>>128421707
Jesus FUCK you retards keep making the same stupid threads

Amazon

Done
No more
>>
>>128424601
I fucked girls who were single child from parents around the same income I grew up with. Parents totaled around 140k a year and I had 3 brothers, our dad grew up poor and didn't give us a dime after 16 so we worked our asses off to pat bills and rent. He taught us what it's like to be poor so he could raise real fucking adults.

Imagine getting drunk with your girl and she's bragging about how she misses south Africa and new zealand and she wants to go back to the blahblah while I'm pulling 65 hr weeks and she works at the local coffee bean.
>>
>>128423753
Yeah I'm firmly in the Wal Mart camp as far as who will win this war. They haven't had good press in decades and they're still moving forward because they've got a solid model and enough scale.
>>
>>128421707

This video offers a good idea
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhWwkQxG86M
>>
>>128424759
You can live in California and be from guam.

A lot of people from Guam mail shit to Guam.

An island closer to Guam than to us mails something to guam, and it's still flown here. Then we process it and fly it back.

It's inefficient but like I said it generates freight weight and scans so we look good, and we get paid.
>>
>>128424866
>Imagine getting drunk with your girl and she's bragging about how she misses south Africa and new zealand and she wants to go back to the blahblah while I'm pulling 65 hr weeks and she works at the local coffee bean.

Jesus, imagine if you ended up marrying that.

I know this beautiful blond girl, friend of a friend. She once mentioned in casual conversation that she considers 200k USD to be just enough to be "middle class".
>>
>>128421707
Who gives a fuck, the housing market is going to crash by next year. All those retards that bought a home after 2012 will be fucking homeless soon enough.
>>
>>128425070
Legalize weed and buttloads of australian tourists will flood guam and save your economy
>>
>>128425378

Tell me more about this, anon.

I sold my house last year at what I thought was the peak. Now I'm a renter.
>>
>>128425166

Middle class is literally right above "if I lost my job next month id be homeless"

Right around the area of "i can pay all my bills and be financially stable while accruing some sort of extra wealth to save for rainy days."

I'm not talking like saving an extra 200 a paycheck, im talking making enough whete you can save 3 months of mortgage payments over the next 6 after meeting ends in case shit hits the fan.
>>
>>128421707
It's a combination of Amazon and people having less disposable income.
>>
File: Capture.png (3MB, 1402x915px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
3MB, 1402x915px
>>128421707
my local high street looking prosperous as ever

feels good mang
>>
>>128425678
People are figuring out to use their disposable income to traveo hence why retail is dying
>>
>>128425166

She isnt wrong though. Fucking burger peasant.
>>
1) Retail was heavily overbuilt during the boom years of the 1990's; ever notice how fucking BIG these box stores/malls are, throw in the parking lot and you have a small city. Not cheap to maintain.

2) Decreased purchasing power.

3) internet

4) niggers
>>
Radio Shack died because on one side they failed to keep ahead of fucking WalMart (check the electronics section of WM lately), and on the other side, they failed to keep up with even their old customer base of tinkerers who wanted to be able to get shit the same day even at 10x the price. So they got stuck with a bunch of obsolete parts and tons of $35 HDMI cables, while their former customers either went to WalMart or had to learn to order from fucking DigiKey and Mouser.
>>
>>128424298
Pretty insightful and probable given the shift to ETFs and the increase in auto trading

>>128424389
There'll be a clear shift and not 100% will be transferred - people will take their cuts.

Wish I invested in (((health insurance))) stocks back in 2012. Would have been an easy way to triple my money.
>>
>go to target/best buy/ wherever
>need to buy luxury good x
>check it out in person at the store. Price tag:$199.99
>pull out smartphone and check Amazon within 20 seconds
>$89.99
Its called showrooming and its hurting physical stores hard but it's their own fault for being giant kikes and wanting crazy huge profit returns. The only stuff I actually but at brick and mortar stores now are perishables. Everything else is cheaper online unless you go to an outlet store and browse the clearance section.
>>
>>128425506
There is no middle class anymore, just the illusion of one. Been that way for decades.
>>
>>128421707
>Dying suburbs
Lmao not even close

>Is it Amazon?
Online business, of course. This is a no-brainer.
>>
>>128423682
it depends on where you shop.i remember buying size small shirts from American Apparel as well as Bananna Republic and the shirts all being slightly different in sizing and construction. LL Bean however is pretty good at keeping their construction consistent, at lest in my experience.

Some people just buy fast fashion, like from asian online retailers and just throw away or donate the clothes that don't fit since they are so cheap.
>>
>>128425967
Middle class is the top 10% now
>>
>why is it that people would rather buy millions of things from the comfort of their own home instead of going through nigger infested stores and jacked up prices for a limited stock
gee I wonder.
>>
>>128423682
>use a sizing chart
>take nicer clothes to a tailor afterwards to get the perfect fit
Australians are fucking retarded. Must be all of the muddled abo blood in you.
>>
>>128422317
Whites don't have money just debt so white flight is really just whites going back home to live with their parents.
>>
File: 1496542443461.jpg (32KB, 304x425px) Image search: [Google]
1496542443461.jpg
32KB, 304x425px
>>128425950

Literally this anon.

>be me at retail store yesterday
>find door ass watch I like for $60
>pull out NSA phone
>tfw it's on scamazon prime for $40
>add to cart
> $20 left for tendies
>>
>>128425506

People throw around e term "Middle-Class" when what eye mean is "Working Class."

A True Middle Class person can go 3-6 months of no work and still meet all their requirements of living. They're invested, own rental properties etc.

If you'd be homeless in a month if you lost your job you might not even be working class, but lower class.

Poor is the bottom.
>>
>>128425830
>both parents gross 6 figs each
>middle class

Do you know where the standard even came from? When the fucking cunt of a mother stayed at home and took care of the house and the mill worker father went out and won the bread. Above the poverty line of lower class but not the upperclass exec who's job everyone wanted someday.
>>
>>128426035
this is true. Our gross household income is 215k/year and we live comfortably...by which i mean we aren't worrying about money, have ample enough emergency savings, take a driving distance vacation once a year, etc.
>>
File: 1495718001133.png (135KB, 500x522px) Image search: [Google]
1495718001133.png
135KB, 500x522px
>>128422317
>When White People Leave, shit goes down hill fast
>>
>>128425830
>She isnt wrong though. Fucking burger peasant.

$200k a year is literally 99th percentile income.
>>
Student debt has seriously decimated the available income of most people that went to college in the last 20 years. No money to waste. Less homes owned that requires stuff to buy.
>>
Online shopping and niggers/spics being shipped into white neighborhoods, making going to stores a complete pain in the ass, and sometimes even dangerous
>>
>>128426245
And this wouldnt be the case if america had universal health care and a safety net like western europe. The too income ranges are going to dry up naturally as those jobs will be replaced by huge conglomerates.
>>
>>128426155
This is working-class, not middle-class.
>>
>>128426152
My bad. Middle class tends to be defined by how much you spend apparently? (Drunk and did quick Google)

My parents made enough, but we're good at not blowing it on dumb shit. Never ate out, dad and mom are great cooks. Never got extravagant presents.
>>
>>128426347
Income indirect issue. Real problem is access to additional credit. Can't really lend additional money to Millenials. They're full. No more carrying capacity.
>>
>>128426427
Holy shit this. Going to any supermarket not located in some yuppie hipster area and you're guaranteed to see some nigger or mudslide family chimping out over something.
>>
>>128426569
Really? Well I've been carrying around the wrong words my whole life :(
>>
>>128425950
I do this all the time. 9 times out of 10 the price is lower on Amazon and I have the patience to wait a day for the item.
>>
>>128426521
i have to pay for my own health insurance, it really eats into our disposable income. Family of six, I'm paying 1200/month.

my mortgage is 1100 a month, including insurance+property taxes
>>
File: 1496362481923.png (574KB, 605x558px)
1496362481923.png
574KB, 605x558px
I can't get robbed shopping at Amazon prime.
>>
>>128426580
You felt Middle-class, and maybe thats part of the problem people have now. Parents shielded their children from the grind.

Granted America became pro-CEO and anti-worker in the interim. Unions died, pensions became 401ks, healthcare became a shared responsibility between employer and employees.

And while the employment rate and production are good, wages are absolute shit.
>>
>>128426734
At least that money is going to a good cause like dividend payouts for those that own health insurance stocks
>>
>>128426521
Too bad we can't be like the European nations that don't have to spend money in military protecting/destroying everything and we could then use that freed up money on free shit for everyone.
>>
>>128426725
Yeah, it's part of the mind fuck. The actual definition of middle-class changed colloquially. Working-class disappeared, probably because it's what 90% people are.
>>
Because it's not normal for shoplifting to account for 10-20% of product loss. Fucking niggers.

>t. former retail store manager cuck
>>
>>128421707
It's not white flight, "diversity", or any of that shit, it's Amazon. It's more convenient for a lot of people. Also, Kmart has been in a downward spiral for more than 20 years

High end malls and other things that don't really sell online are doing great.
>>
>>128427020
we rent out our military hardware to europe and let them pick a country randomly to carry out the world policing
>>
>>128426107
Speaking from personal experience, I assume
>>
>>128426910
Dude my clothes were hand me downs from my older brother, and we had jobs by 15, under table jobs since 9 to pay for our lunches. Dad raised us poor even though we had a roof over our heads. It made the money we earned valuable to us kids and after growing up I thank him for it. Now im a better cook than my bitch of a spoiled girl and she complains about doing laundry after a hard day.
>>
File: 1426169274718.jpg (27KB, 544x409px) Image search: [Google]
1426169274718.jpg
27KB, 544x409px
>>128421707
Retail is growing at shit wages. It's the fallout job for millions and millions of millenials in developed countries.
>>
>>128427114
Heavy amazon buyers are mainly small business owners. Everyone else just uses some shit from the 60s-80s that just works forever
>>
Too many reasons, some common ones are:

-People are holding onto things longer (except cell phones/tablets). Even cheap Chinese junk is being treated with care.

-Materialism is dead, people are caring less about owning things and more about experiences.

-The internet has made deal finding easier, since most things are made internationally so feels the need to be loyal to any company anymore.

-Digital media

-Less people are having children

-home ownership is going down
>>
I'd also say re: Amazon that the reason the prices are so good there, is because they're trying to grab market share. They make almost no profits on what they sell, or just enough profits to keep the lights on.

Watch what happens when they've decided they have enough market share and now it's time to start extracting money from their customers...
>>
Anyways I'm seeing double on my phone. Gonna stop posting and lurk . Thanks anons for the fun time and I learned a lot and got to vent. I love all of you.
>>
>>128421707
Retail stores hire niggers. Nobody wants to shop at a place with niggers.
>>
>>128427481
Their stocks go down and people go back to walmart?
>>
>>128421707
buying stuff online is just superior to retail so retail has to go.

why doesnt anyone buy milk from a milkman anymore?! aaaaaaaah
>>
>>128427397
What do you mean by "shit from the 60s-80s"? People can basically buy everything from Amazon, clothes, tech, books, appliances, even groceries in a lot of places.
>>
As someone who watched the demise of an East coast supermarket chain Pathmark,I can explain the phenomenon as Executive Nepotism and Orchestrated Failure.

A bunch of upper management had an idea: instead of making money by selling groceries, they would run the company into the ground through willful mismanagement, declare bankruptcy to free themselves of debt,then dismantle and sell off the physical assets while crying poverty to whatever judge that had the misfortune of overseeing the fiscal swan dive. Vendors would go unpaid,stores sold off for cash,equipment bought that would mysteriously disappear once the bankruptcy went through. These vultures had no interest in generating sales or attracting clientele, only stuffing their pockets with consulting fees and sailing away after a handful of months with golden parachutes. They would blame the evil union members for running up the cost of operations,run their stores barebone with a minimum of workers,yet shovel in bonuses for themselves for arbitrary goals. They "tried" to generate commerce in the most rediculous fashion,pissing off more customers than appeasing them. I recall seeing sales of products that were a super low price if you bought 10 at a time,but the shelf would only hold 12 and they purposely failed to order more or bulk quantities of them. All this destroyed the livelihood of hundreds of the common workers,but the conga line of executive scum just smiled and stole.

I don't think our situation was unique:I heard when Hostess cakes broke their union,they awarded their upper management a few million dollars in bonuses while declaring bankruptcy because of the greedy bakers. I bet others here have similar stories...

Let's hear 'em!
>>
>>128427601
What if their plan is to drive Wal-Mart out of business so you can't go back?
>>
>>128427733
Stuff like small appliances or whatever shit like stereos gardening shit
>>
>>128427481
I doubt they'd do that. They're profits have been rising anyway.
>>
>>128421707
>Go on this thread
>Ctrl + F Nigger

People already answered OP's gay question
>>
>>128427643
i see the truck from time to time around me.
>>
>>128427748
Pathmark! Grew up shopping there; they're gone now? I left NY 7 years ago.
>>
>>128427789
Walmart is coming back with online ordering and you get to pickup same day at the store most of the time
>>
>>128423753
Amazon has started producing a profit.
>>
>>128425950
>>128426150
>>128426728

best buy will match any online price if you buy it from them, you can pull it up on your phone and show them.

the only catch is that the item online has to be in stock
>>
>>128428001
Then it'll become a question of who has the leaner business model. That one will survive and the other one won't. It could take a while though.
>>
>>128427789
Walmart is furiously competing with them. They already have free 2 day shipping and are testing out shipping that takes hours,
>>
>>128423658
Very good idea, anon.
>>
>>128428162
There's room for both of them. It's a massive market.
>>
>>128428184
walmart bought Jet which is a good competitor to Amazon
>>
>>128421707
We have outgrown the need for food.
>>
>>128428232
Parking lots where people can buy them too no need for grocery stores
>>
>>128426107

Maximum projection
>>
Online shopping i'd imagine. Better prices and next day delivery/ cheap delivery and you don't have to leave the comfort of your mothers house to do it. If you offer people a less physically active method for doing stuff they will do it. Next step is to crush all the uses low skill labour into soylent green.
>>
>>128424298

>hyperinflation

You can't have hyperinflation with the petrodollar deal, that was the whole point. The negative effects of inflation get effectively exported to the rest of the world because they're always forced to buy oil and OPEC agrees to sell oil in American dollars which keeps the American dollar valuable.
>>
1. Retail was overbuilt as hell in the 90's and 80's. Malls were even being built at twice the rate of the population growth.
2. K-Mart, Sears, and RadioShack along with a bunch of other companies suffered from poor upper management
3. The 2007 recession fucked a lot of businesses because people wanted to save their dwindling money and not be mindless consumers
4. Online shopping dramatically lowers your chances of encountering spics and niggers in the wild
5. All those big box stores are expensive as fuck to maintain and there's no point in doing so when you don't have a customer base anymore

It was mostly online shopping and the recession that killed retail. It just took awhile for the effects to really start showing because those companies have a ton of money. All the niggers you see at those places these days are just part of the fallout.
>>
File: 20160912_051229.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160912_051229.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
I'm not sure, but I hope it dies a slow death as there isn't anywhere outside of Walmart that pays as well as it does now. I've been there 11 years. Hopefully I can make it to 20 or possibly 50 years with the company.
>>
>>128428481
shhhhh.
>>
>>128428661
>Working for Walmart
>Wants to make it 20~50 years with that company
I hope this is a joke, or else this is just sad.
>>
>>128426910
All this, plus a 1 worker household devolved into both parents working.
>>
>>128427481

Amazon's goal is likely to create a "sticky" ecosystem.

Kind of like Google -- they don't make much money on things like Maps, Gmail, Android, or Drive. However, all those things feed into their Search and form a sticky ecosystem that's easy for a consumer to get entangled in. It's a defensive moat for their search and advertising business, and it's enormously deep. Probably the only flaw in their moat right now is the last-mile ISP problem, seeing as Net Neutrality is mordibund and they spent buckets of money on the stalled Google Fiber push.

In Amazon's case, the retail business is becoming increasingly a moat for their more profitable parts, like AWS, 3rd party stores, and Amazon warehousing and fulfillment services, and eventually things like Amazon Video.
>>
>>128422834
any other malls in the world are pretty strong than those in America. Hell the top earning malls arent even in America
>>
>>128428902
The guy's a namefag, he's given up on life. I'm suprised he hasn't an hero.
>>
>>128423658

>you'll never have a /pol/ green growers society in an abandoned K-Mart
>you'll never have an abandoned k-mart full of freshly grown vegetables and fruits in huge plots all across the store but the plots are all shaped like swastikas
>you'll never have a stature with Hitler holding a carrot like a sword in the center of the store
>you'll never buy additional K-Mart signs so they can have 'K K K-mart' on the front of the building
>>
>>128428579
>> lowers your chances of encountering spics and niggers in the wild

i believe this reasoning is somehow odd for normal ppl (low self-confidence neets do fear it though)
>>
>>128422511
yeah you can claim that but have you ever asked the average UPS mule or Postman how utterly hectic their workday is? It seems lots of extra work has been put onto them by every hipster ordering everything trivial item like toothpaste through the fucking mail.
>>
>>128429067
No Ivan. Most whites in America go out of their way to avoid the common pavement ape in the wild. They usually just call it "avoiding the bad part of town" but on /pol/ you'll see the real reason why.
>>
>>128428999
Yeah cities will tear them down and build low income housing instead
>>
>>128428957

>>Probably the only flaw in their moat right now is the last-mile ISP problem, seeing as Net Neutrality

they will still force all the android phone manufacturers preinstall google search and map apps, so will be fine though
>>
>>128428150
And then I also get to pay the state's mandatory 7.8% gibsmedattax. Sounds like a great deal, go to the store to have to deal with uppity niggers that will give you an attitude for price matching and then pay Uncle Sam for the privilege of it!
>>
>>128423882

You don't "avoid" the tax online. Places like Amazon include the sales tax as part of the cost, as do most large online retailers.
>>
>>128423258
No you stupid fuck, the government will just bail out the fucking mortgage lending banks again and then those companies will order the "suplus housing" to be bulldozed. Can't let the people have access to housing that doesn't require massive life enslaving debt, can we?
>>
>>128429117
>employ more mail men
>invest in automated delivery drones
One or both of those is possible.
>>
File: Costco.jpg (85KB, 736x415px) Image search: [Google]
Costco.jpg
85KB, 736x415px
>>128427110

That's one of the places where Costco shines. Yearly membership fees filter for serious shoppers only and make Costco "sticky" for future purchase decisions. They carry items that are large-sized packages that are hard to shoplift. Receipt checks at the exit. Normally customers would revolt at the treatment, except they treat customers actually super-well in other respects, with things like super-generous customer service policies.

They also have one of the lowest employee-driven shrinkage rates, too -- thanks to their above-market wages and good benefit.

"Welcome to Costco. I love you."
>>
Google is fucking stupid. They should be selling mp3s for 25 cents a song and sell mp3 players
>>
>>128429269
i've studied a phd in stony brook and lived on brooklyn for 4 years, most of my peers and students where chinks, white autists and pajeets, however even among them such attitude was not common (might be a ny thing though)
>>
>>128429547
I believe that
>>
>>128429524
p2p avoids it as do most smaller companies with no physical presence in your state.

I live in VA and Amazon has a distribution center here so we gotta pay.
>>
File: amazon.png (48KB, 943x709px) Image search: [Google]
amazon.png
48KB, 943x709px
>>
>>128429524
you will not pay vat if you order from certain countries overseas though
>>
>>128424060
Good luck when Amazon completely cuts out the middle man and expands their in-house delivery.
>>
File: 1496344250696.jpg (97KB, 728x640px) Image search: [Google]
1496344250696.jpg
97KB, 728x640px
>>128426014
>size small
>>
>>128429720
It must be. Big cities like NYC and Chicago =/= real America. They're their own little liberal bubbles.
>>
>>128429720
leave stony brook, drive to Wyandanch or Brentwood and just drive around for awhile.

you'll see what we're talking about.
>>
>>128429458
>they will still force all the android phone manufacturers preinstall google search and map apps, so will be fine though

Android was a far-sighted stroke of genius. The data-saver feature on Chrome? It's basically a VPN that tunnels right through whatever toll barriers the ISPs can threaten to put up, at least for lower-bandwidth traffic like ordinary search result and web pages. Still a problem for YouTube, though.
>>
>>128422721
>He can't afford to travel

Enjoy failing at life
>>
>>128423510
Europeans and Japanese don't have to constantly flee Niggerfuxation of their spaces. This may rapidly change in the case of Europeans due to Islamoniggerfuxation.
>>
Because when I go in the store they have a fucking terrible selection but hey you can order online and it'll be there in a few days. No faggot the advantage of a box store is that I don't have to wait. If I'm gonna buy online I might as well use fucking amazon. Dumb shits.
>>
>>128427992
They were bought out by A&P about 5 years ago,and these were the parasites that picked its corpse bare. They finally went into utter foreclosure and both Pathmark and that name are history. I was lucky to be in a store that was taken over by ACME,because those stores not bought by them shut their doors with all employees tossed into the street,around Thanksgiving 2015. Unfortunately, Acme is a far larger chain than either of these,and their home offices are far away. So they hired the A&P executives that were suddenly free to manage things from this end. They aren't as blatantly obvious in their mechanations,but things could be run better.
>>
>>128423753
>Citing Cracked

Current loss does not equal future loss, Facebook as produced a massive loss at the start.
>>
>>128422511
Ya but paying shipping is usually a rip off.
>>
>>128427748
>Winn-Dixie
>>
>>128430444
Walmart will buy some shipping company like dhl and deliver their own shit
>>
>>128423107
Suburbs decay because they usually don't have a contingency plan beyond the initial sale. There's a lot of costs in infrastructure but not a lot of people, nor is there a plan to increase the amount of people or reduce costs.
>>
>>128427789
What is jet.com?
>>
>>128421707
It's really not all that complicated.

"But the number of Americans not in the labor force – meaning they are neither working nor looking for work – increased by 608,000 to 94,983,000 in May, close to the record high of 95,102,000 in December 2016. The not-in-the-labor-force number includes retirees, students, homemakers, the disabled, and others who have stopped looking for work for whatever reason."

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/not-so-great-94983000-americans-not-labor-force-may
>>
>>128424151
i remember when pets.com tried those same strategies.
>>
>>128430074
>>Still a problem for YouTube, though.

agree, however most of modern smart tv's have android also, there will be some pressure towards further youtube integration
>>
What if the clothes you order online don't fit properly?
How is this advantageous over trying things on before buying in a store?
>>
>>128430354
shame. they were always kind of run down stores and had a "diverse" clientele+workforce, but the prices were good and selection as good as anywhere. Living in metro NY area every cent you saved added up. Where are working class people getting their food now? Corner stores seeing increased business?
>>
>>128430737
You can return them for free. Amazon and Zappos have been doing this for like a decade now grandpa.
>>
>>128430737
You take it to a jcpenney and say you lost the reciept. Get store credit and just buy the same thing that fits with it. Which is why theyre shuttering too but people are lazy and dont want to wait
>>
>>128424390
>ir
>nigga I's makes 112k i ballin
>nigga i's be's in guam

So in other words you make the equivalent of about a 25k/year salary of people living in non-bluetard state CONUS. Great. Pat yourself on teh back, shitskin
>>
>>128424090
>muh Boomers!

Fuck off shillenial
>>
This article was good, it might serve you.
https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2017/04/retail-meltdown-of-2017/522384/

tldr: 1. online buying, 2. and change of social activities. Going to the mall to pass the afternoon isn't on fashion.
>>
>>128423107
yeah dems will keep pushing to put section 8 housing in the nice areas to fuck them up
>>
>>128430943
Shekel status: denied

>https://theatlantic com/business/archive/2017/04/retail-meltdown-of-2017/522384
https://archive.is/ivKk4
>>
>>128421707
>White flight?
Not this, they closed a K-Mart in my area and it brought in a good number of customers. K-Marts usually do great in minority communities, you see fat hispanic women buying pampers and purple/pink childrens clothes for their multiple kids by the truck load. They shut it down due to issues in other areas

If by white flight you mean most of them are switching over to online shopping then yes, that's probably the reason. With amazon and other websites, going to stores has become a pain in the ass on top of being obsolete

Why put up with incompetent employees, long lines, rude people, no parking and higher prices. Even the corporations are saving money by doing this
>>
>>128423107
I'm curious to see how whites will be blamed in about 50 years when we will be a minority in US and niggers and spics will ruin this land then bitch at whites for letting it happen.
>>
People spend 50% less on clothing than they did in the 90s. Thank the high cost of housing.
>>
>>128422155
The reason shopping malls died.

>blacks start hanging out at the mall
>whites stop going
>blacks never buy anything
>mall closes
>>
>>128421707
The internet and states' ambition to tax everything.
>>
>>128422155
The opposite of gentrification. It's niggers moving into peaceful white neighborhoods and reducing property value, then white people retreating to other homogenous areas.
>>
>>128423258
>tfw my great grandfather built his own home
>it's in the bad part of town now and is basically worthless
>>
>>128429970
>Brentwood
was actually driving through it quite often, but it is as spicy as jefferson street was were i used to live in brooklyn, so white pll rarely shop in such areas anyway
>>
>>128421707
>Why is retail dying?
Because you burgers are fucking broke. You have household debt of 80% of your GDP. How can retail stores function when noone has money to buy stuff?
>>
>>128430840
Then you wait to both have it returned and then be shipped a new item set?
>>
>>128429117
That UPS man is making 36 bucks an hour. I'd love a 50 hour workweek with that in my neck of the woods in KY. You'd literally be able to buy anything you want here, cash.
>>
>>128431194
the inner cities will become the desirable areas again when people dont want to take a autonomous bus from the suburbia ghettos that takes an hour to go work at the butcher shops and the outdoor bazarres where the wealth now reside just like europe
>>
>>128421707
Walmart is establishing itself as the head competitor and amazon is only fueling the death of the lesser retail stores.
>>
Isn't it because millenials are too scared to walk into stores and interact with people, so they laugh about how much more time they have because they order clothes online, then they make instagram posts about how the clothes that they ordered online don't fit and are poorly made and have to ship the clothes back for refunds.
>>
>>128431218
Sure, if you're too retarded to know your measurements beforehand or too retarded to not order multiple shirts in different sizes with the intention of returning the non-fitting ones.
>>
>>128421707
any retail store I have if I'm lucky three choices
if I don't know the store it can take awhile to find what I'm looking for
depending on the time of day traffic can add 15-30 minutes to shopping
prices are generally bad and the only time it beats online is if its on clearance
Amazon has a searchable database of products with random people doing video reviews of products
I order something prime it shows up at my house two days later for free
>>
>>128430660
Step 1: Look at Amazon prices.
Step 2: Undercut the prices, which are already below cost.
Step 3: Get written about in all business media and hyped
Step 4: ???
Step 5: Get bought by Walmart, become billionaire
>>
>>128421707

Little bit of everything.

Sure some store and shopping areas are all right in rural counties and midwestern states, but I went to a Walmart outside of Atlanta not long ago to pick up some things. Shit was full of nogs running around, hollering, throwing shit at one another and dodging in between carts. Whole damn store, in an uproar, like it was Six Flags concert or something.

Looked like they were having a good time and family night out desu, but I wouldn't be heading back there as the sole white guy with a wallet on me anytime soon.
>>
>>128430840
Take way more time than just going to the store.
>>
File: 1496277699215.jpg (119KB, 600x956px) Image search: [Google]
1496277699215.jpg
119KB, 600x956px
>>128431452

Kys faggot.

>literally be done shopping online in 2 minutes
>don't have to waste gas
>more importantly don't have to waste time
>don't have to go to nigger-infested mall
>don't have to pay sales tax
>don't have to deal with dindus at the checkout line

The retailers brought this on themselves.

When going to a retail establishment is a miserable fucking experience, why in the fuck would I go out of my way to experience misery.

They should take a hint from the gaming industry.

When I show up at the mall, hand my ass a free glass of scotch and a cigarette. Pump pure fucking oxygen into the mall so I'm high as fuck.

Hire scantily clad babe greeters to hand out aforementioned scotch and smokes.

Make retail great again.
>>
>>128431778
>prime
>free

pick one
>>
File: 20160630_000800.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160630_000800.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>128428902
Whaddyahmean? I don't have a GED and I'm in my mid-30s, so I'm kinda stuck here until my casket closes.
>>
>>128431452

>Go to market for groceries
>see handicapped woman and pregnant nigress fighting for a place in line
>never return
>>
>>128432304
Weld or grow weed or both
>>
>>128432098
Kys fucking shillenial. Where do you live where you see niggers at the mall anyways?
>>
>>128432304
How did this happen anon? Every time I see a non-retard white middle aged man working at Wal-Mart I am struck with confusion. Were you a neet and then your parents died?
>>
Ups driver here. It's online shopping. You been in stores lately? It's typically stinky poor people wasting their last few shekels on non essential bullshit. It's cheaper and more efficient to order online. Last couple months people have realized they can order their dry goods on Amazon prime pantry so I now deliver 5 to 6 boxes of food a day.
>>
>>128421707
No, it is the ever-shrinking margin and ever-growing competition. Prices can only be lowered so much and if you can't lower them any more to remain competitive, while still keeping your employees and shit paid, you're out of the game.
>>
>>128432098
>When I show up at the mall, hand my ass a free glass of scotch and a cigarette. Pump pure fucking oxygen into the mall so I'm high as fuck.
>Hire scantily clad babe greeters to hand out aforementioned scotch and smokes.

WTF??? I love mall walking now!
>>
>>128422834
>Millenials have even less

among my friends, I'm well off for being able to afford a new car
>>
File: 1494493928310.png (177KB, 436x361px) Image search: [Google]
1494493928310.png
177KB, 436x361px
>>128432522
grocery stores btfo
>>
>>128432574
This is how you save malls.
>nudist shopping experience
>really more like a bath house for straight people
But since its with women you buy things to attract the opposite sex because youre not a chad
>>
Are people actually buying groceries and meat online? I would have a problem with clothing... but fresh products seems a no.
>>
>>128421707
The thing I will never understand about big government and big corporations is that they would rather ship jobs over seas and create more problems and arm the enemy with economic power than just go bust and go out of business.

They simply don't care about their children's future so I say phuck it I don't either! If there is no future for me then I say pollute as much as I can because I would rather ruin it for the next guys then share what little I have.

Before I commit die- at age 40 I plan on dumping tons of batteries in the rivers near my house, dumping every imaginable chemical and producing as much trash as I can.

I live near the PA /NA border and all I keep seeing are Indians and wealthy farmers and land owners.

This my town NOT theres!
>>
>>128432738
I get my groceries online. you fill out the cart, then pick them up at the grocery store and they load them into your car for you. grocery shopping takes a fifth of the time it used to.
>>
>>128421707
Because OP, People are don't know how good they have it till it is gone. Retail is dying in favor of cheap ass companies wanting to try to save themselves from the huge recession that Obama put us in. And oh how PC that word is, recession. This is a Depression of the 1930's and when no one has money to go around, we look for cheaper alternatives. This doesn't have to do with the customer in choosing online but everything to do with operating hundreds of stores nation wide, the companies are losing money in upkeep.

People like to browse hundreds of items at a time, online shopping creates a bottle neck and what you see, isn't always what you get. Unlike Netflix and Blockbuster, most if not all films can be transmitted digitally. How can you do that with the new Black and Decker cordless drill? Quick Answer, you can't. What of clothes? Can you try them on and see if they are a comfortable fit? Nope. Then of course pictures aren't always telling of the entire item, sizes could be exaggerated and so will color.

There is no substitute that to have an item in your hand before your purchase.
Why the online market is booming over retail is due to the push for it by the corporations, in order to survive the Depression, they must close locations. Closing store locations means retail stores aren't optional in some locations forcing the citizens of that local area to shop online from the same store they known and love, increasing the online sales vs retail. The democratic, liberal left is trying to hide the real state of our economy and why they are trying to pass online sales as "revolutionary and better." It is no more than a quick solution to a long term issue caused by Obama.
>>
>>128433054
PS: Don't get me started in the logistics of online shopping, we will be here seriously all day.
>>
>>128423107
In Michigan, the suburbs are very strong and where all the new residential is. The city rebirth feels like bullshit smoke & mirrors to me. Propaganda by jews trying to make shekels off property they bought for pennies on the dollar
>>
>>128423889
I am a CPA and work with clients on their retirement and tax deferral

I too was worried about Boomers taking out their retirement savings and spending it on health care and housing, but it really hasnt happened

What has happened is boomers are up to their ass in debt. Seriously. Your parents are up to their ass in debt. They have a mortgage, a second mortgage and a Home equity line.

The goal used to be to pay off your home before you retire so you need less income in retirement. Instead, Boomers owe the value of their homes to the banks.

Medicare and medicare supplemental plans are covering Boomer health care costs, but Boomers are giving all their money to the banks.

I am worried about the housing bubble, but people keep paying stupid amounts for housing, so maybe my fears are misplaced.
>>
>>128432304
You don't even have a GED?
What the fuck did you do to yourself do get this way?

Why don't you... you know, get a fucking GED?
Once you give up on personal goals and self-improvement, you have nowhere to go but down and right now you're coming off as pretty pathetic, man. It's a little sad.
>>
File: 20160410_050040.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160410_050040.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>128432449
I have no desire to go blind and/or locked up by a DEA raid.

>>128432513
I ended up homeless months before graduating high school for the majority of my "best years". I was never a good student anyways and i still lack a career goal/dream and will probably never have one.
>>
>>128423682
When ordering clothes online, I frequently buy 2 of the same item and with free returns, just return the item that doesn't fit
>>
File: 1495813765008.jpg (59KB, 600x351px) Image search: [Google]
1495813765008.jpg
59KB, 600x351px
>>128432574

Retail, malls especially, currently:

>be mall owner
>want my shekels
>allow mall to be hangout for non-spending, smacks lips, ayo, lemme gibmedats
>stocks stores with overpriced shit customer can get significantly cheaper online
>doubles down on the stupid and co times to cling to failed business model

The beauty of capitalism/survival-of-the-fittest is that the retailers will need to work harder for dem shekels if they want to survive.

At this point, without a radical transformation, especially in regards to the customer is fucking king, there finished. Donion rings. Done-zo.

Half-naked greeters handing out scotch?

Let's talk.
>>
File: 1371227114813.jpg (27KB, 302x284px) Image search: [Google]
1371227114813.jpg
27KB, 302x284px
>>128428661
>I hope I stay at Walmart forever
Good to know tripfags are worthless in real life, too.
>>
>>128422317
>minorities
>fix anything
Ha
>>
>>128433684
well, they DO keep our cops, courts, and jails humming along
>>
>>128433416
Move to a legal weed state their economys are booming so more demand for welders and you can grow weed
>>
https://youtu.be/W6yA7r6WfJo
>>
>>128433054
That's not true, before we had the internet we had catalogs. What's old is new again, the difference is that there is no more money left to go around. But yea I agree with everything else your saying.

I want to tell you something though the fact that I I live near Williamsport PA and they make shopVac there and I can't find a place near that even sells one, i.e home dept, lowes, etc. scares me to death.. Every Chinese brand but theres!
>>
>>128423682
Just don't be fat
>>
>>128421707
The brick and mortar retail business model is simply outdated and lacks the economies of scale to compete with the growing online retail business model.
>>
File: walmart.png (5KB, 460x109px) Image search: [Google]
walmart.png
5KB, 460x109px
Was looking to buy an auto part for my car from O'Reilly Auto parts.
Their website told me to call for availability and did not offer me the option to buy online.
I called the local store and they told me that the brand I was looking for (AcDelco) was a special order but that they had some other brand available.
I searched online and found Walmart carried the AcDelco part for $9 less than O'Reilly and allowed me to order immediately online for shipment to local store.
Walmart is keeping up while many of these industry specific stores are not.
>>
>>128421707
Nonsense advertising by them. It's like retailers forgot ads need to be more than hilariously unfunny concepts. How does a shitty joke get anyone to buy?
>>
File: 20160322_050127.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160322_050127.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>128433628
I don't want to blindly gamble with taxpayer dollars to fund my education. It's rather expensive in my state as Community College is $10k annually.
>>
I buy a lot of stuff on eBay and Amazon. The the selection is much bigger and prices much lower online. I went book shopping at Barnes and Noble yesterday and then went home and bought 3 of the ones I liked on eBay for less than 20% of their cover price in the store. I rest my case.
>>
>>128434134
Consumerism only goes so far anyway. Its damaging to the environment to buy some shit that wont last and throw it out and buy it again. Plus people start to learn to live without something that is a moneypit like consumer goods that are junk.
>>
>>128431886
Decided to visit my Mother over in Dallas, Texas. Drive out from white homogenous countryside where everyone knows one another's name and we have zero crime except for drunk ass Ted beating his wife (oh Ted)
>Decide to pop into a Wally World (Walmart) to pick up some stuff so I can cook my mother a nice dinner while we catch up.
>Blacks hootin and hollerin, knocking shit over and screaming at one another "Eyyyyy Shaniquaaaaaaaaaaa. Sheeeeeeeeit niggaaaaaa"
>Indians parking carts sideways in every aisle, actively glare you down when you ask to walk by and refuse to move.
>Best part is I get to the back where a white police officer is on his phone. He looks up and does a double-take on me. Comes over and says in a low voice "We need to get you out of here for your safety"
>Escorted by a police officer back to my car which had blacks looking into it like a bunch of Jawas.

Face it fellow Anons, multiculturalism is the death of America. Only the Countryside is safe and that's only for a matter of time.
>>
>>128434338
Close but you missed the mark.

Retaillers advertise on television. Who the fuck watches television? I haven't OWNED a Television since 2007. Nobody watches TV anymore except boomers, so they're using all their advertising on an ever diminishing consumerbase.
>>
>>128429906
Hope amazon has fun buying and hiring everything they get done for then because they wanted to try cut a middleman out. We don't make any money off them, they just drive us traffic and we provide them a better tracking service and other shit ups didn't provide.
>>
>>128433506
Retail stores are going online due to upkeep costs. You have to stock it, you have to pay employees, maintenance. The price of goods being higher is that name brand stores usually hold higher quality name brand goods.

Americans used to be able to afford these goods but due to a Depression. Jobs have been lost and the cash flow into America has been cut off creating a even greater gap between the rich and the poor. When you can no longer afford to by such prestigious goods, the stores lose that clientele.

What stores done is kill two birds with one stone. Move the stores online and you can run 1 distribution center and reach out in a 60mile radius to deliver goods vs having to run 12 stores with in the same district. Cheaper Operating Cost.

Now your name brand goods aren't selling, so you go back to the manufacturer to build cheaper products at a higher manufacturing rate. More goods, cheaper price. The hope is to move the customer to online shopping and try to increase the number of sales by marketing to the poor, the same of which used to be in the middle class.
>>
>>128421707
I worked retail for years and nothing ever amazed me more than how absolutely disconnected and retarded the corporate office was from day to day activity in the actual stores.

The faggots would show up every once in a while and they tell you, so the stores spend their 15 work hours a week on the day before cleaning the store up so it looks perfect, store is perfect and they leave. Store's not perfect and they blame the store then leave.

Never are they useful, never have been, never will be.
>>
File: 1496540492164.jpg (49KB, 984x679px)
1496540492164.jpg
49KB, 984x679px
>>128426107
au contraire mon frere
>>
>>128421707

When I was in 9th grade I was drew a logo that said big dik mart on a paper and some ugly baboon nigger bitch told the teacher and entire class. Everyone laughed. That was 16 years ago and kmart looked like they were going out back then
>>
>>128434479
>Decided to visit my Mother over in Dallas, Texas.
At least you didn't go to Duncanville.
You might not have come back alive.
>>
>>128421707
Quality is shit thanks to overseas production
>>
>>128433416
If you're willing to stay that long with walmart and you haven't at least entertained the idea of upgrading your retail sales job to something more high profile say, a banking representative, you gotta be getting paid well right now. What are you at in terms of wages Anon?
>>
This is all awesome but what happens to the hundreds of thousands of retail jobs caught on the crossfire?
>>
>>128428661
>>128432304
>>128433416
>>128434444
The people in your pictures always look so fucking depressed, man.
>>
>>128430927
>i don't handle a lot of mail concerning Colorado and their weed.
>I handle a lot of mail concerning Guam and trust islands like majuro, koroa, American Samoa and Samoan.
>I must live in guam.

You stupid fuck. I don't live in guam.
>>
>>128434909
Fucking LOL anon. Worst part my Mother is a full on libtard that thinks multiculturalism is the best shit ever. While she lives in a gated highrise at $2000/mo rent and visits only box stores that sell shit at 500% markup. Aka she doesn't have to deal with niggers.

Quickest way to make someone racist is to expose them to another race.
>>
>>128435005
Gone in america, fine in the rest of the world
>>
File: 78496891432_dead_cops.jpg (523KB, 1280x958px) Image search: [Google]
78496891432_dead_cops.jpg
523KB, 1280x958px
>>128421707
>Is it Amazon?
The internet in general and Amazon in particular are a big part of it, but not to the extent that people may have you believe.
>Poor business management?
This is the biggest one. Who want's to go to a poorly stocked, indifferently staffed store where no one knows anything and there aren't deals to be had? K-Mart is a perfect example of what not to do with a retailer. They have ugly, empty, and irritating stores with crappy music and slow check out lines.
>White flight? Black folks shop too...
>Dying suburbs? Those people went somewhere?
>Diversity causing people to hunker down and avoid public spaces? Possibly, but people get stir crazy and leave home sooner or later.

The biggest killer of retailers is retailers themselves.
>>
>>128435173
This is a potentially catastrophic problem.
>>
>>128435115
Saipan* maybe I live in a certain state in the Pacific Ocean, and not using a proxy to hide that I'm in guam.
>>
>>128423107
The boomers will have remortgaged their homs to afford to live in Florida for half the year. Once they die the bank will resell their house to the minorities pushed out due to gentrification
>>
>>128435168
Its not about race. Its genetics, and mostly attractiveness. The people you expose yourself to are the stupid and ugly
>>
>>128430741
Actually a lot of small businesses come into my store to take advantage of sales. Koreans,Arabs and the like filling a dozen shopping carts at a time of a handful of products to sell in their own stores with the obvious markups. Acme "frowns" on selling to the competition, but imho a sale is a sale. But these small business owners also show up with coupons to match the hundreds of things they buy,and that has been a problem for our end:this confuses the coupon computers and they don't acknowledge them and our store doesn't get reimbursed for the money,so this has curbed these mass sales somewhat.

As to where people are going, it's Shoprite that is kicking ass in the area,in both range of products and sales. The other Pathmark stores that didn't become ACMEs were bought by smaller chains piecemeal without the employees retained like I was. You see places like Whole Foods doing briskly,but the larger chains and Walmart still eat up the retail traffic,even if people walk in for the sales and walk right out again.
>>
>>128434693
i've never worked retail and I thank God for it
>>
>>128435346
For americans that dont live in major cities yes
>>
>>128435440
Shoprite is South African
>>
File: wtf2.gif (2MB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
wtf2.gif
2MB, 400x224px
>>128424060
> I'm admin side making 112k
> Admins want 112k delivering 50 cent letters
> Boo hoo why are we not making a profit
Genius.
>>
>>128434134
Hey you have a point there. And I don't deny that we did indeed have catalogs. Gosh, I remember how thick the ones from Sears and JCPenny used to be. Online shopping is like a catalog.

But what it did was complement the retail stores, it didn't replace it. For what was in the catalog was mostly items that was already in the store and it highlighted items that were either on sale or new to the store. Other items in the catalog that were "made to order" were there as they were new. New items in a catalog are experiments, how does the customer like the item? Will they buy it? When you create just a small limited batch you can then test the waters, calculate the demand and then decide to move that item onto the retail floor or not.

Online has no such model because it doesn't complement the retail store any longer, it is it's own store or becoming it. Stores like Wal-Mart are down sizing by removing several departments and sections, K-mart, Sears, JCPenny, Khols, all are becoming smaller and smaller and items are becoming online "exclusive". Retail is being neglected.

Again, it boils down to the product pricing map. Retail has typically higher grade items at a higher price. Online Cheaper Quality, Low Price. When the economy failed. Your majority customer, the average Joe of middle class, is now the poor Joe. Sales plummet and so does the prices to make up for the loss.
>>
>>128435512
How many people / families included are influenced by a major retail crash in the US?
>>
>>128435416
Right. So black people. We agree.
>>
>>128421707
I don't think it was amazon. My town and the surrounding towns started to become ghost towns around 2006-ish and no one even really talked about amazon back then. Just out of no where shopping centers became vacant.

Basically it all happened after 9/11.

Also I think the housing crash also destroyed a shit ton more families than people think.

You tend to become more frugal when a bank fucks your entire family over financially.
>>
>>128435346
i imagine you have more immediate, blacker problems to worry about SAnon
>>
>>128435754
Half the country itll also kill trucking for the most part and let uber monopolize whats left of it
>>
>>128435900
lol, yes we always mitigate down here
>>
>>128433318
Let me guess you live in "Metro" Detroit. That area is a backwater, at least a decade behind any other big metropolis. It's like catchment for people that value nothing except for how cheap and predictable life could be.
>>
>>128435440
ah, thanks. my folks left NY to be closer to my kids/their grandkids so that was my last link to NY so I don't know whats going on there anymore.
>>
File: lacey-shorts.jpg (56KB, 492x600px) Image search: [Google]
lacey-shorts.jpg
56KB, 492x600px
>>128423682
I agree. That shit might look good on the model but make you look like a damn clown. And the sizing charts are a guideline.
>>
>>128433395
Real estate bastard here. I was waiting for the inevitable bust, but the Chinese currency scandal was our saving grace for the time being. Their money is on the verge of being worth nothing and the election of Trump really rustled some of their economic jimmies and all the high value property in suburbia and isolated neighborhoods in MD/VA is being scooped up. Particularly college towns. Saw a single street have 4/13 houses bought up by the same team in a week.
>>
>>128421707
retail is dying mainly because of where technology is today, everyone is using the internet to find deals, amazon tends to have some of the best deals so thats most of your answer, its the convenience factor, no one wants to go to the mall or store and experience shit tier customer service either
>>
>>128435997
So universal income in the USA 2019?
>>
>>128436210
With trump? Kek
>>
>>128435209
>UpKeep

When the Retailer has no money on store upkeep, it turns to be the crap hole in the side of a strip mall.

K-Mart used to be a good store, it was just an extension of Sears. But sales were hit hard, their star of the show, Martha Steward was subject of a huge scandal and that was what made K-Mart.

With the coupling Resession and even Depression Sears moved focus on the Main stores and K-Mart was left to die on its own whim. It now no better than a dollar general
>>
I blame the jews
>>
>>128435832
This country has way too many strip malls and malls to begin with. Never made sense even in the good times. Everybody knew that, but developers and banks didn't care because they just needed a few good years out of properties to cash out. Then they circulate the remaining debt on those properties through a billion different channels that allow for all kinds of shady profits.
>>
>>128432098
kys reddit nigger
>>
Since the 1990's, psychological issues such as social anxiety and generalized anxiety disorder have become extraordinarily popular in teens and young adults.

The reason is electronics, people play games and spend a lot of time on the internet and on the phone, they end up spending more time in the virtual world than reality, therefore they grow up with this sense of fear for the public, not knowing what to expect or what's going to happen, how people intereact, their facial expressions, etc. So people tend to avoid public places.

Online shopping makes it easier, yes, but you're pretty much paying double for everything you buy thanks to shipping / handling / ups costs, so considering the amount of poorer people out there that would much rather go to the store instead of wait a week to buy something online for twice the price and no benefit, so only thing I can think of is a rise in social anxiety thanks to online communities and texting / nigger beat downs on whites.
>>
>>128436314
well, yes, the role of the jew was a given.
>>
File: tumblrkpsk82kzxm1qzggl7.png (120KB, 476x300px) Image search: [Google]
tumblrkpsk82kzxm1qzggl7.png
120KB, 476x300px
>>128423754
K Mart and Sears have the same CEO and he wanted them to collect data through an awards program that he could sell off. Also, he stayed in Florida and conducted all of his meetings over video conference. His employees in Illinois are scared shitless because he constantly belittled them.
>>
>>128435754
It's not so much the direct impact of the crash but the longer lasting effect. Like when people started to get laid off everywhere between 2001 and 2009, they had to settle for those retail jobs....only they were all gone.

And the few retail jobs available at that time didn't even give out more than 20 hours a week for a long ass time.

People lost homes, people started spending less because they got a cold dose of reality and lesson on what's truly important, so the economy stalled out with the exception of the people that survived that 2001-2009 time period.
>>
>>128436319
Yeah that's true. I still miss blockbuster though. Also wouldnt mind being able to hop around retail jobs if had to.
>>
File: WhyDoesGod.jpg (107KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
WhyDoesGod.jpg
107KB, 450x338px
>>128434468
> I buy a lot of stuff on eBay and Amazon.
Little clue: ALWAYS demand signature on delivery.

FedEx drivers love it when packages don't need signatures. They throw packages out on the sidewalk and keep going. Most of the time they don't even stop the truck.
>>
>Is it Amazon?

yes
>>
>>128436187
Not entirely true.
Retail is dying because the average Joe has went from a Middle Class to Lower Class and Poor.

Why does the price of Milk cost $3-4 dollars?
Why does Gas cost $4 in places like California?

High cost, Less Jobs, Increased Poor.
When people can't pay for the cost of goods, they stop buying them.

Amazon is just one store that realized it can sell cheaper, lower quality goods and pass them off as name brand. Other stores are realizing this and is why they have went from retail to Online. The longer Retail stays open, the more the are putting themselves into debt because they can no longer sell their high priced quality goods to a starving populace. They have to adapt by cutting costs, even if that means closing stores, going online, and creating less quality goods.
>>
File: 1496219475394.gif (2MB, 400x310px) Image search: [Google]
1496219475394.gif
2MB, 400x310px
>go to book store
>$15 for a book
>look up same book on amazon
>$4 dollars, $2 shipping
>>
File: 1487728214142.gif (2MB, 400x281px) Image search: [Google]
1487728214142.gif
2MB, 400x281px
>>128425865
4, 1, 3, 2
>>
>>128433684
Spics tend to clear out niggers so I guess thats good?
>>
>>128437161
New books are usually still that on Amazon, but it is why I usually buy used. It is funny how many books even new, are used once, then quickly resold for half the price. Depreciation is a bitch.
>>
>>128421707

I blame manufacturers.
>manufacturer makes 5 blenders
>I want a blender
>fuck do I know, I go to kmart/sears to buy a blender
>here's a blender $100
>take blender home, its a piece of shit
>go online, search blenders that don't suck
>the blender I bought was a piece of shit sold in stores
>same manufacturer makes significantly better blender only available online or in boutique stores
>fuck kmart/sears, they sell junk
>boutique store price is high as hell
>shop online

If the cunts didn't make half their lines to be chinese throwaway garbage and stuck to only quality products easily found across all platforms, people would be less reluctant to walk into run down warehouses full of junk and retards.
>but muh price point!
Make more of the better stuff and the costs will go down and you will sell more.
They basically research how much a person will spend and build the cheapest crap they can to sell at that price.
>>
>>128423825
Millennials will hire someone to fix it
Boomers sat around and let it leak for 50 years because they held no value for their home (the "it's mine I'll do what I want" mentality)
>>
>>128421707
same reason people don't wear visible branding or buy diamond rings anymore. Jew based consumerism is dying.
>>
>>128439000
Thank insert deity here
>>
>>128438030
>>fuck kmart/sears, they sell junk
>not using Walmart as the example
k

>Big K sign in captcha
wtf google
>>
>>128433318
Nigga that's only because Detroit is such a lost cause that the gentrification is 10 years behind the rest of the country. I live in Billings and even here downtown is going through a renaissance. All the best restaurants and entertainment are downtown and the old craftsman homes around the city center go for 400k+
>>
>>128438030
I made several points about the cheap goods, the cost of manufacturing, and why people aren't buying.

>Economic Depression, No Jobs = No Pay, Middle Class is Shrinking.

>Retail Markets to Middle Class, No Middle Class = No Sales

>High Quality, High Cost vs Low Quality, Low Cost. Quality of Manufacturing sets the Cost, Influences the Price.

>Online cuts Operating Costs, Increases lost revenue.

>Online sells cheaper quality goods at lower price, redirects to the growing poor as Middle Class shrinks.

>Retail can only now survive by selling lower quality goods and passing it off as higher quality.

You will be lucky as hell to find anything of high quality anymore and usually you will be paying for it in price. The reason is as above. Retail can't afford to produce high quality because there is no demand. The consumer, Oh they want it, but can't afford it.
Thread posts: 309
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.