[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you ever wish you were born in the past?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_5468.jpg (236KB, 1080x1310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5468.jpg
236KB, 1080x1310px
Do you ever wish you were born in the past?
>>
>>128404052

Like when? The 90s?

They did have some cool vidya back then.
>>
File: 1441425397942.jpg (587KB, 1280x881px) Image search: [Google]
1441425397942.jpg
587KB, 1280x881px
Everyday.
>>
>>128404052
No, I look forward to the future. The problems of our day are an opportunity to make the future better.
>>
>>128404052
Every fucking day.

We were born during the end of Western civilization. It doesnt get much shittier than this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTGTL5hftYY
>>
File: 1496089394365.png (248KB, 510x479px) Image search: [Google]
1496089394365.png
248KB, 510x479px
meh, life probably was simpler but it wasn't easier. There's such an affluence of opportunity these days you can pretty much do whatever you want. Back then you were pretty restricted in what you can do and who you could be. The higher standard of living is nice too. Everything's complicated as fuck now though. A week in today's world would feel like a year to people back then. It sometimes makes me wish I was born in the past. I wouldn't be so confused and directionless.
>>
>>128404052
I was
>>
>>128404977
>The higher standard of living is nice too
Our generation is the first modern generation to see a decline in standard of living
>>
Well, western civilization was pretty damn good while it lasted. Hopefully humans don't suffer for too long before a more refined version rises out of the ashes that won't allow this kind of bullshit to happen again.
>>
File: IMG_1569.jpg (2MB, 4000x2537px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1569.jpg
2MB, 4000x2537px
All the time.
Last night I had a dream where I was fighting in the Spanish Civil War with great grandpa.
>>
File: the+world+was+always+awful[1].jpg (154KB, 400x567px) Image search: [Google]
the+world+was+always+awful[1].jpg
154KB, 400x567px
>>128404052
And die of polio?
or maybe get dragged into a trench to die in a world war?
or die during a revolution cause im not a lazy shit and actually earn money
or die from eating bad food
or die from a cold
or die from lead poisoning since in they past they literally wallapapered your houses with that shit
or maybe just die at childbirth
>>
File: 1495835498833.jpg (331KB, 753x707px) Image search: [Google]
1495835498833.jpg
331KB, 753x707px
Looking back though the last 100 years find anything past the 60s to be some kind of weird fever dream. It seems like it doesn't fit right, like we jumped to a different timeline.. I feel like I'd would feel at home in the early 20th century, I'm fond of the 20s to the 40s. The latter half of the 19th century also interests me, I love the age of discovery and adventure....
>>
>>128405691
nice flags
>>
File: 'Liquid'-snake.gif (3MB, 469x302px) Image search: [Google]
'Liquid'-snake.gif
3MB, 469x302px
>>128404052
I do but only because I am willing to deal with all of the bullshit and a shitty life if only I can help the Nazi's win or kill the important people that created judaism.
>>
fuck that, toothpaste is bad enough as it is, no need for lead tubes. filling your icebox every two days. shitty audio.

meanwhile, the aesthetics were cool as fuck, minimalism really just took over with a brief stint of "eclecticism" in the coked out 80s and it's for autists. less is more only if you have no artistic vision or sense of design.

clothing is rarely ever pure cotton or wool, though it's coming back somewhat. but advances in synthetics are awesome for outerwear and downright irreplaceable.

instant messaging and social media turned everyone into narcissists, sociopaths and psychopaths and a blend of all three all we wanted was to be better than a phone book and better than a phone or snail mail. wow.

and it's probably changed how people actually interact while taking cues from "the real world" in the form of shitty dramas and "reality tv". back in the day you wanted to order something, you had to flip through a catalogue and pick it up at the drop-off centre where you would meet the clerk who was someone's cousin or something and have a quick pleasant chat. now if they aren't on your social media checklist or have an obvious hottie around them you're trying to get with, you don't talk to them. people don't connect like they used to.
>>
>>128404977
who are you, what do you do and what do you wish you could be?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.