[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

One chance at life

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot_3.png (358KB, 640x607px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_3.png
358KB, 640x607px
>one chance at life

>born to a gambling, smoker, alcoholic father

I think I want Mark Zuckerberg to shill out basic income or some basic system so I can get out of this hell hole.
>>
- Get a job, ANY job
- Save ALL of your money
a) Get specialized training at your job
or
b) Pay for technical training or education
- Computer Certs
- Trade Certifications
1. Electrician
2. HVAC
3. Welding
or
c) Buy some ASVAB study prep books and focus on math and tech sections; you want to work as a technician or mechanic of some sort

Work your ass off training and acquiring skills/prepping for certification or entrance exams; SAVE ALL OF YOUR MONEY

If you are still living at home, find a very modest apartment; you will probably need roommates

- Focus on acquiring more skills; technical skills AND leadership training ---> you need to work on social skills SAVE ALL OF YOUR MONEY

That's as far as I have made it
>>
>>128324048
or go to school your stupid nigger
why didn't you graduate?
>>
>>128324198
I did but I've had to do it piecemeal to dodge student loans; I have no idea what OPs situation is
>>
>>128324198
Besides, you could do this stuff while in education
>>
>>128324198
>(((school)))
>>
File: Brush.gif (1MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
Brush.gif
1MB, 540x304px
>>128324198
I learned a trade desu
>>
>>128325194

Yeah, I wouldn't recommend blindly entering higher ed; you need to have a VERY clear plan
>>
>>128321289
i had bad parents as well, it makes life more challenging especially if they aren't willing to help you during your post-high school age when you're trying to get a college education and start your life, but there are ways to manage.

Honestly the best thing I'd suggest to anyone that comes from a somewhat broken family but that wants to do well for themselves is to take up a trade right out of high school. You need about 4 years in a trade as an apprentice to become a Journeyman and after that you're set for life, making ~$35-50/hour or even more if you go to high-demand regions (where they're doing something like oil-related work for example).

Going the college route is possible too but from what I've observed it's a lot more difficult when you come from a broken family and where your parent(s) won't really be able to relate to anything you're doing in college, nor offer any sort of minor encouragement.

Best way to get into a trade is to either take a pre-apprenticeship program (usually takes like 24-36 weeks or something, and a few thousand dollars) OR just make up a good resume and go to trade businesses and ask for a job, tell them you're doing it for the long haul and want to make a career out of it and you're eager to work hard and learn. Those kinds of apprenticeships still happen all the time. You'll start at the bottom as a laborer doing menial tasks like cleanup, assisting the journeymen, fetching tools, and over the months you'll learn bit by bit, and after about 1 year then you'll be given a lot more hands on opportunities to start learning.

Don't let your bad father prevent you from living your life. Just try to cope with it for now but start actively taking steps to better yourself. If you do nothing now you'll end up feeling misery and resent down the road and it's not worth it to throw your life away like that.

Good luck
>>
>>128325612

This guy gets it
>>
>>128321289

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRXb7K7k7bQ
>>
>>128325612

Thanks.

I'm teaching myself front end programming so I can start from the bottom. Then, once I make money, I will learn the rest of it.
>>
File: 1487796900774.png (630KB, 940x896px) Image search: [Google]
1487796900774.png
630KB, 940x896px
>>128321289
>>born to a gambling, smoker, alcoholic father
And that's supposed to be an excuse to be a shithead? Ever consider making it a reason not to be instead?

Verdict: Degenerate.
>>
>>128321289
Daaaww, does poor babby have le bad family? Read Mein Kampf and man up faggot.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.