[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unmasking-gate

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 170411-bannon-trump-feature.jpg (456KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
170411-bannon-trump-feature.jpg
456KB, 1500x1000px
For those in the know re: unmasking.

Given that this scandal could lead to wholesale reform of certain agencies should it be exposed, does /pol/ think DT, SB and their allies within the IC have a workable strategy to bust through the Russia myth, break the alleged criminality wide open, and crucially, do all of that before November 2018 and the midterms?

Thoughts?
>>
Give a quick rundown. What does "unmasking" mean? I keep seeing that word but nothing as to what it means.
>>
Unmasking - the revelation of classified material relating to individuals involved in on going investigations.

The allegation from some is that certain individuals were unmasked for political purposes in 2016.

In essence, the politicization of certain agencies to ensure victory in the 2016 presidential race.
>>
>>128313144
But what does this mean? So intelligence agencies can disclose classified documents about an individual if they're under investigation? How does this relate to Trump and Bannon? I thought Bannondorf was getting phased out of Trump's team and getting replaced with the Antichrist.
>>
Nothing will come out of this bullshit unmasking conspiracy theory. However, Drumpf collusion probes are ever increasing and eventually they'll get him.
>>
>>128314305
It's true, deep state or trumptads aren't going to give up the ability to unmask. People were unmasked because they were caught up with foreign actors. It seems pretty routine but donald screechers on here can't seem to wrap their head around it. Maybe they are just more of the artistically skilled hackers Putin was referring to. They will never nail Hillary because like Benghazi the truth is very muddy now and hard to draw a 100 % conclusion on.
>>
>>128314166
I'm not going any further than that. Intelligence agencies are non partisan. If used for partisan or personal gain, in a country with statutes against that, then it is a scandal of the highest order.

If you don't know much about it then fine. I'm interested in hearing from those who might have a view on SB/DT/allies' ability to publicise the alleged unmasking prior to 2018 midterms.
>>
>>128314166
So, from my understanding, in intelligence reports, u.s citizens communicating with foreign actors are labeled names such as "U.S CITIZEN 1," and can be 'unmasked' by like 20 people in the U.S government on request. It's alleged that Obama is the culprit, with the implication that all of the secret services agreed to it without reporting it to Congress.
>>
>>128314166

Just like when Romney was gonna get Secretary of State, Lieberman was gonna get FBI director, and Texas was a swing state.

Parts of the Intelligence community have permission to "spy" on non-citizens. They are supposed to mask the identities of Americans, and occasionally there are requests to unmask American identities to determine if certain threats or claims are credible/valuable.

Now it's getting reported that 1 in 20 requests for unmasking violate privacy policies, and the FISA courts criticized the "lack of candor" of the Obama admin. It pertains to bannon and trump because they have seen transcripts of their conversations printed out and in reports. At one point these transcripts were described as being similar to what a private investigator might put together in a nasty divorce battle. Highly politicized and motivated spying
>>
>>128315295

>It's alleged that Obama is the culprit, with the implication that all of the secret services agreed to it without reporting it to Congress.

You were right till you got to this part. Obama would never be the actual unmasker, he's the one that requests reports that would then contain unmasked info. He has fall guys to take the heat for him
>>
>>128314959
>>128315295
>>128315507
Thanks guys I think I got the gist of it now. And in relation to whether or not the Russian narrative can be countered at this point is the SR investigation. Susan Rice was a simple scapegoat, which soon after CNN et al claimed "muh raysism". If the SR continues as it has, it's gonna get pizzagated and "debunked" . Thus I think it would be important to put pressure on a few key individuals and make sure they don't slip away, like DWS and DB. Pedosta is a slippery fucker too but he's slid past home plate a long time ago so I guess the best course of action is to wait for him to swing again.
>>
>>128314166
4th amendement is broken
Civil war most be declared to shut down the globos shlomos
>>
I can't vouch for the nature or scale of it but I am interested in knowing whether or not DT/SB have the political nous to: on the one hand, expose criminality and implicit media collusion, and on the other, maintain the status, integrity and viability of certain agencies going forward.

While I do not think DT/SB are existential threat to said agencies, I do think the agencies may view them as an existential threat.

2018 is a potential game changer electorally and then 2020 could game over for Trump. Can they see it through?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.