[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are family values so important to you?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: familypic.jpg (47KB, 1160x660px) Image search: [Google]
familypic.jpg
47KB, 1160x660px
Why are family values so important to you?
>>
why is continuing survival so important to you, shill loser?
>>
Because I don't want to celebrate Christmas at the local correctional facility
>>
Because the core element of a stable society is a family. A strong father figure and nurtering mother figure raises moral and mentally sound members of the next generation.
>>
>>128297294
What do you mean by raising them with morals? There's no consistent moral system that has always been there, morality is constantly changing over time. People in the 15th century probably had vastly different morals than you do now.
>>
>>128297805
There are always different trends but the core remains the same in any society worth living in:
- don't steal or make excuses for stealing
- take care of your own body
- clean up after yourself
- live with diginity even if you are poor
- dont waste food
- dont waste money on frivolties or status

That kind of stuff is what makes good people, regardless of wealth
>>
I'll support my kids or family with anything they want to do I just don't want them to be annoying
>>
>>128297805
>morality is changing over time
no it isnt, (((morality))) is changing over time, you are just a weak-minded white boy that cant think for yourself, like most of /pol/. you just fell for leftism instead.
>>
>>128297021

Because family is the building blocks of communities and the state itself.

Healthy, robust, loving families lead to productive, involved and knowledgeable citizens.
>>
>>128299248
I don't think western Judeo-Christian values have existed since humans first appeared on this Earth, they had to have developed over many generations, acquiring different traits and values over time. An entire moral system doesn't appear out of thin air.
>>
>>128298413
>good people

What you consider to be a good person is subjective in your own perspective. There's no universal definition for every human that has ever lived that qualifies them as a "good" human or a "bad" human.

If you consider a person to be "good" if they are able to coexist peacefully in a society and allow it to become stable and prosper for generations with their other "good" neighbors, then being good is just being conducive to a healthy society. But there's still a problem with that: there have been many large societies that have existed for centuries with vastly different morals and cultures from each other. The Achaemenid Empire, the Roman Empire, the dynasties of China, all powerful and relatively stable societies with different moral systems.
>>
>>128299902
>it's relative so it basically doesn't exist

Moral relativism is a fucking cancer. You don't need to nail down one exact moral system for morality to exist. The moral system of any healthy society has similarities which is the promotion of a stable and safe society.

In the West, that would mostly be Judeo-Christian morality
>>
>>128299902
Here is it nailed down:
- moderate self sacrifice for the benifit of the whole group as definited be a shared identity and often structures of government
- delay and moderation of short term gratification in favor of long term productiveness

Try to relativise that out of existence like a good post-modernist intellectual
>>
File: Strong family.jpg (61KB, 601x480px) Image search: [Google]
Strong family.jpg
61KB, 601x480px
>>
>>128299902

I'm begging you to kill yourself.
>>
>>128301069
A society could have those two values you listed, but that doesn't inherently mean it will automatically have a western value system.

Alright, let's say this group of people pay taxes, don't kill each other, and are willing to work together for the betterment of their society. That doesn't stop them from having mass gay orgies, having multiple spouses, having religious cults, or other things Judeo-Christian values are against.
>>
>>128301696
Can you not handle an opinion that conflicts with your own that much?
>>
>>128301737

Than they can have their gay orgies or whatever but they still needed a good family structure to teach them the first two rules.

The exact moral system is not important as long as they abide by some basic rules for promotion stability.
>>
>>128297021
The only important family value is fucking your sister and making her squirt
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.