[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best food to hoard in case of economy collapsing?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

What is the best food to hoard in case of economy collapsing?
Can it be cheap, last long and don't require cooking at the same time?
What are your top apocalypse picks /pol/?
>>
Brass, lead, and steel, if you know what I mean.
>>
pasta meals
>>
>>128283522
:)
>>
any dried grain or seed in its full form to keep for later processing/cooking/planting. for me, it's soy, flaxseed, chia seed, groats, assorted rices.

also would suggest ways of fermenting foods you do have currently such that they may last a long time as well as provide a varied diet source given harder times.
>>
carrots probably
>>
>>128283662
Carrots get bad in less than a week. Also they can poison you with vitamin A if you eat too much of it.
>>
File: chickens-outside2.jpg (66KB, 400x292px) Image search: [Google]
chickens-outside2.jpg
66KB, 400x292px
>>128283378
Egg laying chickens. Also they are cute
>>
>>128283378
top ramen would be a good choice
>>
>>128283378
Rice
Powdered Milk
Beans of all types
Potassium iodide pills for nuke meltdowns
several water filters with refills
N95 Masks for the airborne ebola/Bilderberg viruses
>>
>>128283607
Pizza
>>
>>128283378
Beans. For shtf situations, your best bets are local extended kin networks and close friends. Everything else is just loot.
>>
>>128283772
don't wash them when you pick them from the ground, put them in newspapers in a cold place and they'll be good for months
>>
>>128283378
Rice and caned goods. You can survive for years off those two things.
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 98x148px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 98x148px
>>128283378
Fruit loops and soda
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_tVmnM4Xfo
>>
>>128283772
>wrong.jpg
I will say, the logic is sound that "anything in excess" bla bla bla, but common. I feel that without restraint and helplessly slamming it into yourself without concern of life then sure.

having carrots stored in brine gives them massive life, as well as let's them be usable for a looong while.
>>128283795
dont waste time on the powered milk, just make nut milks yourself, mega easy.
>>128283780
actually correct. egg laying fowl, milk producing mammal, and bees really.
>>
I like McDonald's, but I prefer burger king but they have fewer restaurants.
>>
>>128283783
Why do you call ramen "top"?
Is there a difference between ramen and top ramen? In this context top means shit, right? You are talking about fake instant pasta with a bag of monosodium glutamate.
>>
>>128283378

excellent question. you need food that is nutritious and fattening. custard is good. beans, grain.
>>
>>128283378

And why exactly would you even want to survive something like an apocalypse in the first place? You realize it would be nothing like in a video game. It wouldn't be an exciting adventure. It would be pure misery. The hell of hells. Everything ruined once you emerge from your bunker. If the radiation is low enough not to threaten your life, the scarcity of resources, renewable food sources, and other humans, not to mention the completely destroyed infrastructure, would make living life simply not worth it.

But, if it's only an economic collapse, then sure. I suppose your question has some merit. Although it would be much easier to simply search for foods that last the longest time and require minimum or no preparation. IMO, most canned foods and grains are the way to go. Since water's pretty much essential, Rice's a good choice.
>>
Rice and beans since you can store them for decades, and you know ain't shit going to actually happen to need it
>>
File: images.jpg (42KB, 450x720px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
42KB, 450x720px
>>128284027
>bees really
way too prone to illness and collapse. chickens can basically run themselves as long as you can get a decent field to feed them out of and keep predators away, and maybe a small grain crop, even if wild.

I just read this, it was great for how to start a farm from scratch
>>
Two scoops of vanilla icecream.
>>
>>128283378
Bananas keep well since they have their own natural jacket to keep them safe & happy.
>>
>>128284174
>economy collapsing
>apocalypse

not the same thing
>>
This thread was moved to >>>/bant/870582
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.