[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Global Warming

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 246
Thread images: 35

File: 1493879352239.png (1MB, 2400x2920px)
1493879352239.png
1MB, 2400x2920px
Gen Z here,

2 years ago
>sat in geography
>climate change is real
>Ameriburgers don't believe
>think they're all dumb fuck rednecks

Now
>skeptical
>PJW and infowars.com
>Americans are right?
>Paris climate accord scam?

/pol/ prove to me climate change is real/not real!
>>
It is real, there are a lot of retards on pol but most of us believe it.
>>
>>128260364
>most of us
woudlnt expect any better statistics from a brit
>>
>>128260632
Probably like 55% to 45% start a pol find out.
>>
File: retard feel.jpg (56KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
retard feel.jpg
56KB, 645x773px
>>128260196
>>PJW and infowars.com
>>
File: Vostok_Petit_data.svg.png (104KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Vostok_Petit_data.svg.png
104KB, 1024x768px
Look at this graphic. Tell us what the temperature of the Earth should be right now.
>>
>>128260196
climate definitely changes, rate uncertain

degree of anthropogenic cause uncertain

leveraging "climate change" as a means of wealth transfer from rich countries to poor ones is 100% certain
>>
Yes, climatic change has occurred from volcanoes, asteroids and iceages. Global temperatures have gone up and down accordingly after / during those events.
>>
>>128260771
http://www.strawpoll.me/13102157
>>
>>128260196
>PJW
>infowars
You are like a little baby
watch this:

>Hitler did nothing wrong
>The Holocaust didn't happen
>Einstein was a retarded plaigarist
>The jews control the world
>White genocide is real
>>
>>128260196
It's not real. Look at what 23,000 fucking scientists have to say about it..

http://www.petitionproject.org
>>
>>128260196
>/pol/ prove to me climate change is real/not real!
you mean man made climate change right?
very few people really know, there are both sides of the argument you could always listen to both of them and make up your own mind
but really ask yourself what do you need that belief for? do you really need to hold one side of the argument as true? just drop it dude
if your life situation doesn't force you pick a position then don't pick a position
>>
>>128261182
>Hitler did do nothing wrong
>The Holocaust didn't kill 6 million Jews
>Einstein smart
>The Jews have more power than we think
>White genocide is real

Am I based yet?
>>
>>128261350
Yes, I do mean man made climate change
> what do you need that belief for?
Acquisition of knowledge I guess
>here are both sides of the argument you could always listen to both of them

Rather have a real scientist tell me but they're all to biased...
>>
>>128260196
Climate change might be real,but the paris accord agreement would let china and india pollute all they want and take money from the american taxpayer.
>>
>>128260632
>>128260196

the issue isn't

>is it real?

the issue is

>is it caused by human?
>are the alarmist predictions generated by short term models accurate for reliable predictions hundreds of years into the future?
>are the current changes of the supposed magnitude claimed in the press relative to historical trends?
>>
>>128261573
What should we be doing then?
>>
>>128261573
>Dirty chinks and pooinloos always wan't that money to buy new toilets
>>
>>128261546
stop acquiring knowledge you don't need, unless you become climate scientist or spent insane amount of time on it the knowledge will be halfassed and worthless
>Rather have a real scientist tell me but they're all to biased...
they may be but who's to say we're not, no matter which side you pick it will be always be a blindshot in part
>>
>>128260920
about 1.4°C cooler than at present
>>
>>128260196
yes it IS Happening and denialists allways will cling to the fact that it isnt manmade "cuz muh co2" as if that shit was the only poison we pump into the air
theres a lot of other factors, different other gasses like Methan which is 42 more poisonos to the Environment
and most of all the gas flaring, which is done in the US and most of the third world (while forbidden in the EU, Russia and some Asian countries) which is literally blacking the Polar ice through the Dust it creates
>>
>>128260930
this
>>
>>128262623

Refugee typing this out on your computer?
>>
>>128260196
You aren't old enough to post here.
>>
>>128260196
if it was real, why did hillary clinton campaign on transgender toilet rights,if she believes the earth is in danger?

why did trudeau campaign on lol weed dude if he thinks the earth is in danger?

its not real, nobody thinks its real, the left only pretends to care when it's time to shame someone else, just like every other one of their 'issues'
>>
>>128260196
Climate change is real. Our country has had both VERY dense forests and a fucking ice covering it.

It is the "fighting the climate change" that is ultimate jewry. Especially considering that some countries are given, pretty much, greenlight on shitting up our planet.
>>
>>128262837
nah im just typing in the coordinates of London for my V2
The niggers just carry the weight
thats pretty much all theire good for
>>
https://probe.org/?s=climate+change here bra climate change for fags
>>
>>128260196
Climate changes. It's been changing since the earth first formed, it will continue to change until the earth is just a barren rock with no atmosphere. It's not man made.

As for the Paris thing, it is and always was just a globalist scam to give money to corporate leeches and the UN who would then masturbate their ego by squandering it on african warlords. If climate change were really man made (it isn't) and we really needed to do something to stop it (we don't), we'd be genociding the third world by now and bombing the shit out of china and india.
>>
>>128260196
Climate change is real, however evidence supporting that climate change is human caused is debatable. Paris climate accrord was pretty weak deal where developed countries agreed to decrease their greenhouse gasses in significant amount, so yes in a way it cripples economy of some developed nations, but in certain ways greentech is an opportunity. Anyways. I think that pulling out of Paris accords was mistake for US. It will justify creating trade barriers for EU and other political blocks against USA.
>>
>>128263141
Mission
Probe’s mission is to present the Gospel to communities, nationally and internationally, by providing life-long opportunities to integrate faith and learning through balanced, biblically based scholarship, training people to love God by renewing their minds and equipping the Church to engage the world for Christ.

Thats their "About us"
you wanna tell me that this site is based on fact ?
top kek
>>
>>128260829
wew
>>
>>128261385
Yeah it's just you put PJW and Infowars and I assumed that that was your level of redpilling.

As for climate change, it's a jew hoax designed to get white countries to send their jobs to third world countries to feel good about themselves while they drown in caliphate shock troops and their own semen. NASA data shows that the ice caps have been growing since they started looking at the ice caps and that deserts are shrinking by a few centimeters a year. If anything is effecting the climate, it's all the brown people deforesting the forests and jungles for grazing land. And that's if CO2 is bad for the planet, which it isn't, because plants need CO2 to survive. More CO2 = more plants. Geological data shows that shifts in the Earth's climate coincide with heating and cooling cycles of the Sun. According to that, we're actually due for another ice age in the next thousand years.
>>
>>128260196
The thing is.

We do not know.

There is data, theories, probabilities, etc.

But we do not _know_.
>>
File: 1496389811744.png (415KB, 907x587px) Image search: [Google]
1496389811744.png
415KB, 907x587px
>>
File: plastic islands.jpg (184KB, 1595x851px) Image search: [Google]
plastic islands.jpg
184KB, 1595x851px
People here are fucking retarded.
They allways base all their "Debunking " on the relatively harmless gas CO2
while overlooking lots of other factors
evidence is allready here
the dust that is heating up the Ice caps
the drought in syria before the war (look it up)
literally 10.000 different FAR MORE poisonous gases we pump into the air
denialists are fucking pathetic
it is man made
but at this Point you can only slow it down
nobody is able to stop it
>>
>>128260196
This image makes me sick. Fucking newfags
>>
File: sealeveldoubling.png (46KB, 435x296px) Image search: [Google]
sealeveldoubling.png
46KB, 435x296px
the phenomenon of sea level rise alone is so significant, it simply cannot be overstated

not only has the rate of increase doubled two times in the 20th century but the Marine Ice Sheet Instability hypothesis has been vindicated in the recent past with observations from smaller ice shelfs and the topography of glacial bedrocks. The necessary consequence of this, is that the West Antarctic ice sheet is inherently unstable and with increasing GHG emissions, we may commit to a long-term irreversible collapse of the WAIS, which is estimated to store a sea level rise of 3 to 4m.
>>
>>128263624
lol. i know the dude because i life in the same place like him
you fucking missquoted him you lying Piece of shit

this is the title of one of his cooperations with other climate scientists
The Economics of Climate Change in China: Towards a Low Carbon Economy
>>
>>128260196
>prove to me climate change is real/not real!

Doesn't matter if it's real or not, what matters is what the money is used for, incentives and funding for big EU businesses.
They never cared about reducing emissions, all they care about is incentives and climate funding so they can expand their companies in Asia.
>>
>>128260196
Climate has always changed, Co2 levels used to be 700% higher in the distant past- yet it didn't lead to runaway warming, co2 is not a problem. Not one nickel of carbon tax will be spent planting trees or hemp which would absorb co2 (the supposed problem)

Carbon is the most common element in the universe, we are carbon-based life forms. A carbon tax is just a huge $ grab, it won't stop the slow death of mother earth. Try taxing plutonium and mercury for starters, that might help.
>>
>>128264340
>"If neither [CO2] price nor cap and trade is in place by 2018, the government of Canada will implement a price in that jurisdiction," he said.

>Trudeau said the proposed price on carbon dioxide pollution should start at a minimum of $10 a tonne in 2018, rising by $10 each year to $50 a tonne by 2022.

>Provinces and territories that choose a cap-and-trade system must decrease emissions in line with both Canada's target and with the reductions expected in jurisdictions that choose a price-based system.

>Whatever model a province chooses, Trudeau said, it will be revenue neutral for the federal government, with any revenues generated under the system staying in the province or territory where they are generated.

>Trudeau insisted the plan will be good for the economy, good for innovation and good for jobs.

There you have it folks. Taxation and quotas on fossil fuels will be GOOD for an economy that's nowhere near a booming inflation, and having less money in the hands of the private sector will surely allow them to step outside their comfort zone and innovate.

Trudeau thinks he can spend our money better than us when he seems to have failed Econ 101.
>>
im no scientist but I live in central europe and over the past 20 years, just by going outside, I can tell you it's warming up every summer and the winter is getting shorter and shorter.

And obviously all the fucking facts that also support it, jesus christ
>>
>>128260196
climate change is real. I'm not fucking explaining this bullshit AGAIN! Google: Columbia school of journalism Exxon. Google has buried the shit. Pretty much Exxon was outed for being niggers and finding out about climate change then running a propaganda campaign against it; since the late 70s. =EXXON ADMITS CLIMATE CHANGE IS REAL.

PJW and infowar has an agenda. They molded themselves for the new audience, I used to listen to it for keks, they occasionally OCCASIONALLY drop a redpill. 85% bullshit /15% meh.

>pic
Alt-Right is magnet for cringy fucking idiots/extremists, it literally an alphabet agency honeypot, and Hillary Campaign tactic. There's a reason /pol/ is the center of it all, there's a reason everything "Alt-right" spawned from /pol/.
>>
>>128265722
The sad truth is that you're right....
>>
File: Apu Apustaja.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
Apu Apustaja.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
>>128260196
It is, the climate changes all the time and would still change no matter if we let carbondioxide out to flow into the atmosphere. It's a fact of nature that the climate either gets cooler or warmer from time to time.
>Gen Z
How old are you? I'm 19 and just about to graduate High School
>>
>>128264706
I'm a scientist living in Colorado and I can say over the last 20 years our summers are cooler and shorter. I can barely grow tomatoes and peppers.
>>
>>128266487
>climate changes all the time and would still change no matter if we let carbondioxide out to flow into the atmosphere.

Sweeden, you butthole diving, cum surfing, smegma slurping, letting-"refugees"-rape-your-women,' ball less, cuck faggot.

You know what we're talking about here, don't even.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnOd12PR3Tc
>>
File: 6a2.png (49KB, 165x115px)
6a2.png
49KB, 165x115px
>>128267396
Holy fuck that was entirely unintentional, goddamit I'm crying from laughing now, the indoctrination really is this deep
>>
>>128261072
It's real, but the left is alarmist as fuck. Technological improvements will reduce carbon emissions by itself, we don't need major economic hampering regulations.
>>
>>128266650
proofs? empirical evidence?
>>
>>128260196
It´s is real qulitatively.
Which means: higher CO2 levels increase temperature on earth ( CO2 is a thermal insulator).
However climate models are all shit.
So no one knows by how much temps on earth rise if you increase CO2 lvls by X amount.
There are some fancy climate models, which were fitted to historical data, however these regularly fail to correctly predict the future.

tl;dr: it´s real but we don´t know if it´s bad
>>
>>128267705
>I'm crying
seems about right.

"Sweeden"... Fuck off and die.
>>
>>128266487
17, first year college doing A levels
>>
>>128268060
btw invite Germany to block traffic in Saudi Arabia because black lives matter.
>>
>>128261744
make a deal where china and india reduce pollution when everyone else does, or make no deal.
>>
>>128261182
>No ">But It should have happened" after ">The holocaust never happened"
Pleb
>>
>>128260196
gen z brit here too senpai, full 14/88 now. generation identity is where its @ senpai, set up local group and recruit asap
>>
>>128268454
indeed
>>
>>128260930
Spot on, fuck the libtards
>>
File: liberal economic policy.jpg (61KB, 466x263px) Image search: [Google]
liberal economic policy.jpg
61KB, 466x263px
>>128260196
With shit like the Paris accord (or any of these historical "landmark climate change agreements" it doesn't matter if it's real or not.

Pic related. Container ship. The 12 largest container ships in operation have greater emissions than every passenger vehicle on the planet combined. There are nearly 10,000 container ships in operation today. These container ships are artefact of outsourcing and neoliberals not giving a fuck thereof.

They could tax the shit out of us until we all give up our cars and fucking walk everywhere, and it won't do diddly squat to global emissions. If they really gave a fuck about emissions they would be pushing for localized manufacturing and distribution of goods.
>>
File: 1496425148680.png (162KB, 1045x1567px) Image search: [Google]
1496425148680.png
162KB, 1045x1567px
Mandatory reading.
>>
>>128268968
>>128268912
So, to add an Murican standpoint, agriculture... how the fuck do we stop it.

In my opinion the climate will change and the Earf will react... that is, volcanic eruptions/superstorms. HUMANS ARE UNDOUBTEDLY CONTRIBUTING TO THE EARTH GOING NUCLEAR.

Population seems to be the biggest issue, sadly.=population control.
>>
>>128269452
I'd just like to add. Fuck Canada. Btw, Canada, Sweeden and Germany are protesting for BLM in Saudi Arabia by blocking traffic.
>>
>>128268912
> The 12 largest container ships in operation have greater emissions than every passenger vehicle on the planet combined. There are nearly 10,000 container ships in operation today.
Would love a source on that. Gonna add it to a >global warming is shit infograph
>>
>>128269452
>Step 1: Stop importing shitskins
>Step 2: Allow population to restabilize at lower number over time.
>Step 3: promote sustainable agricultural practices.
>Step 4: you're a retard if you think over-use of phosphates and emissions is going to cause volcanic eruptions.
>Also "superstorms" is a bad retarded meme for which the thermodynamics don't add up. a 1 degree temperature increase corresponds to a 0.3% increase in thermal energy. What does a 0.3% more powerful hurricane look like? what does 0.3% more tornadoes look like?
>>
>>128268111
I made this mistake myself when I came here 2 years ago for the first time, openly saying that you're 17 can get you banned for a few days, you have to be 18 to post here.
>>
>>128268060
You are a very hostile and emotional person. Stop being such a woman.
>>
File: 1481975772354.jpg (310KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1481975772354.jpg
310KB, 1024x576px
>>128260829
MAYNE
>>
>>128260196

>Still skeptical after everything
>PJW
>INFOWARS
>DONALD TRUMP SUPPORTER

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH YOU ARE LITERALLY PLEDDIT KID
>>
>>128260196
THE CLIMATE IS ALWAYS FUCKING CHANGING YOU STUPID FUCKING SHITHEAD

IF YOU WANT TO SAVE THE WORLD, SOLVE THE POPULATION BUBBLE THAT WILL POP NO MATTER WHAT

ALSO FIGURE OUT HOW TO SHUT DOWN CHINA AND INDIAS POLLUTION WITHOUT STARTINF WW3

GUESS WHAT WE DID TO JAPAN BEFORE PEARL HARBOR? STRANGLED THEM ECONOMICALLY AND CLAIMED THEY WERE POLLUTING TOO MUCH
>>
>>128269612
On further inspection It's the 15 largest, and it's talking about pollutants other than Carbon Dioxide. so it's useless info since liberal retards don't believe in pollutants other than carbon dioxide.
>>
>>128261344
BRO, SCIENCE. THEY ARE SCIENTISTS, THEY KNOW SCIENCE SHITLORD.
>>
>>128269918
bitch I voted Trump given the options. Who'd you guiz vote for? Aquafresh, please lube up for this stiff, long vainy Murican flag to be put in dat ass.

We're going to save France for last. Honestly, we're thinking about giving you to Pooty Poots because your flags are similar. Murica likes visually similar stuff.
>>
>>128260196
It's real and it's entirely misunderstood and delivered to the public as such on purpose.
There are 4 categorical errors in the mathematics used to construct the view that doubling CO2 would cause any sort of temperature change from 10°C to 200°C.
This result is therefore incorrect, and Lord Monckton and his associates have calculated that a doubling of CO2, at any time, can only yield up to a maximum of 1,5°C.
This proves carbon taxes irrelevant and unnecessary.

On top of that, CO2 isn't a pollutant. CO2 can be called plant food, if anything. Certain species of plant life may have accommodated lower amounts of CO2 in the atmosphere, but most of them worldwide show great benefit to the rise in CO2. Even the Amazone rainforest has grown, despite years of increasing deforestation and moaning.
Crops grow bigger and faster when there's more CO2 as well, meaning there's actually an economic incentive in agriculture to burn as much fossil fuels as possible.

The game plan of the globalists was to use global carbon taxes as a justification for a world gouvernment, which they would be in charge of. Trump's decision has postponed that deal, and the paper that Monckton and his associates will be presenting shortly will cancel the deal entirely.

TL;DR Climate change is natural, it's real, and it's entirely irrelevant.
>>
>>128270071
BACK IN THE OLD DAYS IT WAS JUST CALLED ECONOMIC WARFARE

NOWADAYS THE WORLDS SUCH A KEKFEST THAT ITS BECOME A GAME OF WHO CAN TRICK ANOTHER NATION INTO HURTING/COLLAPSING THEMSELF FOR VIRTUE SIGNALLING
>>
File: 1495620758933.jpg (56KB, 400x384px)
1495620758933.jpg
56KB, 400x384px
>>128262623
>>
>>128270210

>That slang
>MURICA IS BUST HURR HURR 45%
>Saving France

You're retarded and I feel sorry for you
>>
>>128270315
We're not saving anything.

Be scared faggot, especially some waterlogged duckpeople.
>>
>>128270246
Put a couple of sources, links and a bit more effort in that post, and you've got yourself a screencap worthy work of art my friend.
>>
>Pollute co2 into the air
>our agriculture isn't thriving because of this with magnificent yields year after year

Can someone explain why this isn't so? Co2 sounds like it would be a plants dream come true, why aren't we greening the earth if that's the case
>>
>>128270426

Be scared of what? Americans getting stuck in our supermarkets because of how fat you retards are?
>>
>>128270315
Murica isn't best, but we're humanitys last hope or coffin sealer. Show some respect and pray for us or you and yours will be enslaved/killed if we fail to save the world
>>
>>128270518
>eowl O eowl, you're fat!
>>
>>128270507
CO2 doesn't necessarily increase the nutritional value of plants. The micornutrients we're after when we eat vegetables come primarily from the soil.
>>
File: image277.gif (28KB, 660x417px) Image search: [Google]
image277.gif
28KB, 660x417px
>>128260196
climate change is real - snowball earth ice ages, tropical jurassic
humans aren't doing it, it's not the end of the world
>>
File: fuckThisNonsense.png (245KB, 1067x1434px) Image search: [Google]
fuckThisNonsense.png
245KB, 1067x1434px
>>128260196
>>
File: Gods Actual Chosen People.jpg (18KB, 474x278px) Image search: [Google]
Gods Actual Chosen People.jpg
18KB, 474x278px
>>128270460
The only 2 things that should ever be discussed about MUH CLIMATE IS A CHANGING are:
1. What do when 10 billion Africans (Global Population Control)?
2. How make countries that even pollute more than USA (Pollution Reduction For Developing Countries) reduce pollution when US law doesn't apply outside our borders?
>>
>>128270602

Not just fat, second fattest country in the world just before Mexico, who is your neighbor and consists 50% of your country's population

Must be all those delicious meals Monsanto (A company that made great food products like Agent Orange) keeps making just for you
>>
Climate change is real.
Significance of human effect on climate change is questionable.
These "climate change agreements" are scams that transfer money from poor people in rich countries to rich people in poor countries in exchange for fuck all.

We will develop cleaner, more efficient technology, we always do.
>>
File: 1375599026727.gif (2MB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
1375599026727.gif
2MB, 320x213px
>>128263799
"didn't rain much this year, It has never rained this little in my 14 years of life. Must be global warming."

"it rained a ton this year, must be due to dust and ice caps and six pack rings getting caught on ducks."
>>
>>128270246
>the view that doubling CO2 would cause any sort of temperature change from 10°C to 200°C.
there's literally no sensitivity analysis in the world that puts the number above 10°C.

The VAST majority of analyses cluster around 3°C (1.5° to 4°C).
>>
File: 1496390319521.jpg (485KB, 1224x1130px) Image search: [Google]
1496390319521.jpg
485KB, 1224x1130px
>>128263921
oh not not rising water we're finished
>>
>>128270786
Finally someone who has read it.
>>
File: 1475383245463.jpg (33KB, 667x350px) Image search: [Google]
1475383245463.jpg
33KB, 667x350px
>>128270518
Hey man, I'm just dicking around. We're all friends here.

That even includes Canukistan, BMW, MasterRace Sweeden.

Apparently, /pol/ is a heavy hitter. We have shit to do guiz. "Global Warming" is real. Newfags, plz just lurk and stop posting.
>>
>>128270460
It's real and it's entirely misunderstood and delivered to the public as such on purpose.

There are 4 categorical errors in the mathematics used to construct the view that doubling CO2 would cause any sort of temperature change from 10°C to 200°C.
This result is therefore incorrect, and Lord Monckton and his associates have calculated that a doubling of CO2, at any time, can only yield up to a maximum of 1,5°C.
This proves carbon taxes irrelevant and unnecessary.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hT7i5G0iVQ

On top of that, CO2 isn't a pollutant. CO2 can be called plant food, if anything. Certain species of plant life may have accommodated lower amounts of CO2 in the atmosphere, but most of them worldwide show great benefit to the rise in CO2. Even the Amazone rainforest has grown, despite years of increasing deforestation and moaning.
http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-36130346
https://climate.nasa.gov/news/2436/co2-is-making-earth-greenerfor-now/
This source even specifies how that works, despite its blind faith in mathematically incorrect models

Crops grow bigger and faster when there's more CO2 as well, meaning there's actually an economic incentive in agriculture to burn as much fossil fuels as possible.

The game plan of the globalists was to use global carbon taxes as a justification for a world gouvernment, which they would be in charge of. Trump's decision has postponed that deal, and the paper that Monckton and his associates will be presenting shortly will cancel the deal entirely.
http://fourwinds10.com/siterun_data/government/us_constitution/news.php?q=1335457901

TL;DR Climate change is natural, it's real, and it's entirely irrelevant.
>>
>>128271028
(2° to 4.5°C)*
>>
>>128260196
Trying to stop climate change is as retarded as trying to stop continental drift.
>>
>>128271098
so the fact that we know that ice sheets can disintegrate and sea levels can rise fast, debunks the threat from rising sea levels in the present how?
>>
File: pepetired.jpg (8KB, 277x182px) Image search: [Google]
pepetired.jpg
8KB, 277x182px
>>128260196

It's a hoax, because it's important to liberals, and liberals are why I got fired for calling my coworker a nigger so they aren't allowed to be right about anything important.
>>
>>128270507
More co2 in the air only helps if it's running out before water or nutrients. If you're low on water more CO2 won't do anything.
>>
>>128260196
Climate change is absolutely real, it's whether global warming is or not is the question.
>>
>>128271497
>stopping something that isn't happening

Why do gen y and z believe in global warming when none has happened in their lifetime?
>>
>>128271520
>threat
If you get killed by a 4m per century sea level change you deserve it.
>>
>>128270786
Ok, Now this cannot be taken seriously, that very last part essentially made it all about MUH FEE FEES. Trump was right, it has to fucking go.

Seriously they could have reworded it to make it simply say: "Acknowledging that climate change is a common threat to all of civilization and the developing world" and it would be viable, but oh no, they had to put in feminishit. I am not taking that seriously at all.
>>
>>128271630
>, it's whether global warming is or not is the question.

You bucktoof cousin fucking... .. . All your women are ugly. Emma Watson new movie is terrible, clock watching faggot.

How fucking dare you.

C.L.I.M.A.T.E. C.H.A.N.G.E.
>>
>>128271098
>he compares the rate of thousands of years to the rate of the past few decades

Why am I even replying to infographic bait
>>
>>128271730
with 4 meters you could kiss the functionality of every coastal city on Earth goodbye. I tend to think this is a threat
>>
>>128260196
Climate change is real, and it's a good reason to prepare the boarders and preserve the white race.
>>
>>128272061
Talk more of the Oceanic Current being disrupted, that is a far bigger threat than cities being destroyed. Many people talk about coastal submersion, not the Oceanic current stopping due to excess freshwater from the polar ice caps.
>>
>>128266487
>>128268111

Holy shit the state of this fucking board. I didn't realize it got this bad.
>>
>>128272166
the probability of that is currently regarded as very low, because in the past it was always associated with the sudden drainage of huge periglacial meltwater lakes in North America, which isn't the case today

the cold anomaly that was observed in the eastern sub-polar North Atlantic in the last few years was likely caused by a dominantly negatively-phased NAO
>>
>>128262618
But our temp anomoly is only sbout .8 degreed above expected.
>>
Just believe what you want.... then wait 30 years and see this climate bullshit was all a scam.

I'm an old fuck that has been lied to every fucking decade with some new climate scam. I'm old enough to remember the "upcoming ice age".
>>
>Pangea
>Meganeura and trilobites everywhere
>the air has so much c02 it could be unbreathable in places
>700% more than today
>the globe slowly cools off

Of course climate change exists, its always fucking changing. Nothing is going to be catastrophic.
>>
>>128264388
>taxes don't disparage investments in one field and encourage investments in another
>at all
>categorically not
>nada
>thinks trudeau failed econ 101
>???
>>
>>128260196
>>PJW and infowars.com
kill yourself immediately
>>
>>128261742
>the issue is
>>is it caused by human?
>>are the alarmist predictions generated by short term models accurate for reliable predictions hundreds of years into the future?
>>are the current changes of the supposed magnitude claimed in the press relative to historical trends?

Climate change is a naturally occuring event that has been happening since the planet first developed an ozone layer. The real question, and one we can't scientifically determine, is what degree is it influenced by human society. We can't perform repeatable, large scale experiments to determine this, as in order to get any sort of meaning data we'd have to perform the experiment on a planetary scale. We don't have a couple of spare planets to experiment on.
>>
>>128271675
>none has happened in their lifetime
depends on where you live desu, some areas are more susceptible than others.
>>
>>128260196
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nq4Bc2WCsdE

Its all a lie. Watch this to educate yourself. All climate change arguments are deconstruct. CO2 has very little effect and is a lagging indicator. Climate change is a powerful meme and a form of social and economic control. People here believe it because it is taught in school and shouted about on the news. It is a cult and part of the religion of science. Correlation is not causation yet the same charts are used to "prove" it. No real evidence can be found even if you dig deep. Now climate change is true because everyone believes it or because scientists believe it. Appeal to authority and bandwagon arguments. Etc etc
>>
>>128272622
Also the globe was a supercontinent with much more oxygen, Gondwana had a glacier which in theory means our ice caps physically cannot melt away completely.
>>
>>128273113
> ""Global"" warming
> depends on where you live
Pick one, faggit.
>>
>>128273075
>Climate change is a naturally occuring event that has been happening since the planet first developed an ozone layer.
that guy that's paid to look for science, and not study it. So gravity, the weight of C02, methane, C01? Production vs. induction, do you even organic kem?

>The real question, and one we can't scientifically determine, is what degree is it influenced by human society.

The fact that we can sustain more people than the Earth intended.
>>
>>128260196
Yes it's real. Temperature is changing, ocean acidification is occuring. How much of it is human caused is still up in the air, and whether it even matters or not since alarmist are just giving worst case scenarios and their models for CO2 and temperature don't seem to take into account any other negative feedback for temperature
>>
>>128260196
First climate change is real, climate changes from day to day and even during the day. That's why no one denies it because it is a play on words. Global warming out of the norm due to co2 by humans is a completely different topic than climate change. Now, the organizations promoting GW are funded by the government. If they find that GW isn't that bad. they lose their funding and that is why they keep saying, the evidence is strong, but we need to keep looking. The truth is, the earth has been steadily warming for 300 years before our co2 emissions. not only that, but our water levels have also been rising for that time to.
Second point
Is it a bad thing to go up a couple degrees? Nope. Warmer means more evaporation which means more rain which means more wet which means more green which means more animals which means more food which means we have more food and water... Our temperature changes more at the poles than at the equator. So Northern countries like Canada, Russia, Norway can grow food longer.

Why are they promoting it? It's a globalist scam. One, take the money and jobs from USA, Canada, Europe and spread it across the world. Second. sneak in a equality agenda which they do "we need to hire more woman for GW because they are great at making things diverse." To take in hire taxes.

All a big scam. Just don't live near the coastlines and you'll be fine.
>>
>>128268912
Nice pic but you should have used a ship that is actually still around. All the C-10s were scrapped years ago. You also got your numbers wrong ships are nothing compared cars in emissions.
>>
>>128272439
sorry that 4 is a typo
the global land and ocean anomaly is ~1°C above the pre-industrial (1750)
>>
>>128262288
>>>128261546
>stop acquiring knowledge you don't need
Good advice from slovakia right here
>>
>>128272061
Then we move to north canada/russia/antartica/inland
Heck, you can even build dikes like netherlands to prevent the flooding
who the fuck cares about 4 meters of water?
>>
>>128264706
> im no scientist
Yeah, it shows. Unlike you, I actually went ahead and checked the temperature logs. It has been getting colder, not warmer for the last 10 years. 2017 hit new temperature low records.

Overall the 1970-1980's were a temperature low point, then temperatures slightly rose to a high point in the 2000's, now we're cooling again and getting back to 1970 lows.
>>
>>128269808
Literally, you're spouting archaic bullshit.

People used to see their foot at a shoe store through a device that utilized radiation. Yes, they knew where there toe was in the shoe.

it's not a matter of .(point) anything.
>>
File: land.ocean.temperatureanomaly.png (228KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
land.ocean.temperatureanomaly.png
228KB, 1024x819px
>>128274161
>It has been getting colder, not warmer for the last 10 years. 2017 hit new temperature low records.
>>
>>128262288
> stop acquiring knowledge you don't need
I don't need to know that diseases are caused by bacteria and viruses, I'm no doctor and this knowledge doesn't directly influence me on anything on my life.
But at least knowing this, I can safely say that fucking goats won't cure me of AIDS, like a lot of africans believe

Knowing that man-made global warning is bullshit I'm able to prevent corrupt politicians from taking advantage of me under the guise of "saving the planet", like the Paris climate deal

But if you want to be a sheep and believe anything they tell you, you will end up doing anything they want
>>
>>128261546
>Rather have a real scientist tell me but they're all to biased...

Sorry but I think those are extinct.
>>
>>128274414
That was only in relation to "4".

Sadly, but do agree with the rest.

"the more I see, the less I know, the more I have to let it go,"... is science, is proof of God.
>>
op is a fag
>>
File: IMG_0636.png (905KB, 575x858px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0636.png
905KB, 575x858px
>>128270210
>dat
Abandon dis, dat, dey, and all other ebonigs you picked up from (((school, television, radio, and movies))), and most of the shit you learned so far. Work out and read as many books as you can. Avoid people who settle for less and don''t talk like a fag. Also, learn a skill/trade.

Get MEGA and d/l this:

https://mega.nz/#F!8ewHyLaT!JxctTTAjtxrdo2qd3f_S7Q
>>
>>128260196
>he listened to Ameriburgers and their sycophants
Right or wrong it doesn't matter, all I know is we never should have let anyone cross the Atlantic.
>>
>>128274557
Your graph shows asspulled 'anomaly interpolations', not actual temperature logs measured with an actual thermometer. Spend a little bit of effort, download meteorological logs from the place where you live and see for yourself that I'm right.
>>
>>128274995
>>128274995

I ain't clickin dat shit.

Could click it with no issue if I wanted, don't want to.
>>
File: pjw.png (135KB, 500x599px)
pjw.png
135KB, 500x599px
>>128260196
>>PJW and infowars.com
so it took you 2 years to come out of the closet?
>>
>>128275513
averages?

As in -100 and +100 = no change at all?
>>
>>128262623
Then why during the Jurassic period atmospheric co2 was 4 times the concentration? And if it's man driven why is it 4 times lower now? And why is co2 the culprit when water vapour holds 10 times the heat that co2 does? What about the solar activity in relation to heat cycles? Right, you've got that all figured out like bill nye, jail'm for disagreeing.
>>
>>128275999
Trips say I'm right
>>
>>128275513
the temperature trends from a single location can vary enormously. That's why climatologists use data from every continent and thousands of data points from the upper few meters of the global ocean - to average out any localized effects and beat down the noise of internal climate variability
>>
>>128270786
>gender equality
>empowerment of women
Why would you just go and immediately contradict yourself like that? Either you want women to be equal to men or you don't.
>>
>>128276447
They're not contradicting. Equality is doublespeak for patricide.
>>
File: 1492687413671.jpg (79KB, 2048x1363px) Image search: [Google]
1492687413671.jpg
79KB, 2048x1363px
>>128260196

Soon 16 year olds will be coming here to fact check the things they learned in school. Amazing
>>
>>128260196
Even if you believe in it, you should be looking at the pure data yourself, not what people are telling you. Don't forget: scientists have mouths to feed as well.
>>
>>128276895
It always makes me very angry when paleoclimate is used to attack climate change in the present.

CO2 has played a hugely significant role in all those temperature graphs of the past. That's what the same scientists say who produced them in the first place
>>
>>128260196
The best part about climate change is that it will only lead to suffering and devastation of the neediest people on the planet.

Rewind almost a decade ago, syrian farmers were going through intense drought, Iraq was using their water and the Syrian regime failed to support their people. The farmers protested, failed, fled, some became radicalized. We may have witnessed the first real social issues due to climate change...but that'll be up to the environmental sociologist to decide in future textbooks.

Whats interesting is that as the climate does negatively change we will see more refugees fleeing their poor unsustainable regions.

The silver lining is that the wealthy have more breathing room, AND more technological know-how. By removing ourselves selfishly from international treaties, we remove ourselves from providing, technology and expertise to the developing world to catch up.

All in all, we are dicks, and the wold is going to get even more grim as the weakest suffer.

If youre in the developed world, you'll be okay, you may have to change your diet and daily expenses but you'll be okay - battling social issues like immigration at face value seems simple enough. But those trying to get in have, and will continue to have it the worst.
>>
>>128276895
>In order to establish an actual human impact…an appropriate baseline must necessarily include millions of years of data to account for this variation
In order to establish actual human impact all that needs to be demonstrated is that humans may affect atmospheric CO2 concentration and that CO2 may in turn affect climate. The historical correlation of the two and the necessity of the greenhouse effect in the melting of the snowball earth and deglaciation confirms the latter and the former is confirmed by isotopic analysis of atmospheric CO2.
>We are in one of the coldest periods in 65 million years
Modern humans have been around for 200 000.
>There is absolutely no evidence that current temperatures are outside of the trend of totally natural variation
True
>Muh truncation
This is done to show the relationship between produced CO2 and temperature, nothing else
>Ice caps melting
Yes but data showing recent melting is just indicating that the earth is currently warming, no ones making claims about having historically low ice cap levels
>Nothing abnormal about current melting rates
True
>Sea level has been rising at a very steady predictable rate
The kind of sea level rise we have currently measured has been in the order of tens of centimetres and the y-axis of the graph has units in the order of 20 meters. Throughout this period there would be slight variations in rate of change of sea level as the earth warmed and cooled but nothing you could pick off from this graph. Yes, sea levels currently at an increasing rate because of warming.
>Climate behaving abnormally, much less due to human impact
Correct, climate has behaved like this before as CO2 has varied although this time the CO2 is varying primarily due to humans
>>
>>128277432
>Hypothesis of CO2 affecting climate
Nope, empirical evidence, see snowball earth and deglaciations
>Models are terrible at making predictions
His pic wildly misrepresents the data and the models pic related are correct models with consistent smoothing, multiple data sets etc.If this was just a hypothesis there’s no chance so many of these could ever be right
>Current temperatures not deviating
Again, there need not be anything special about today’s temperatures for it to be caused by humans
>warm further just by way of natural variation
So adding to this would be catastrophic, we’d have no time to adapt
>Unusually cold peak period
Pulling this shit from his ass, literally no proof, the graph posted can’t even lead you anywhere close to that conclusion it’s impossible to discern any sort of cycle
>Not deviating from current trends
Do I need to tell you why this guy is retarded again?
>>
>>128277206
Droughts are common, and have been common throughout human history.
Don't pin Islam's flaws on global warming.
>>
It is, I need you to do your own fucking research instead of listening to degenerate cucks on an anonymous image board who have never read a journal article in their life.

Or convserly think that black science man and Bill nye represent all of science
>>
>>128277555
Yes. And what happens when you fucks can no longer grow your precious flowers because of ecological regime changes?
>>
>>128260930
Could have just said I don't understand how green policy impacts operations and costs but ok retard
>>
File: 70eb6e2.png (719KB, 1891x4901px) Image search: [Google]
70eb6e2.png
719KB, 1891x4901px
More liek this please
>>
>>128277150

I find it weird that people think it's acceptable to take scientific data and extrapolate their own meanings without first looking at what the scientists who actually published the data said themselves.
>>
>>128275513
>not actual temperature logs measured with an actual thermometer
That's done to remove bias. You need to be comparing the deviation from the baseline otherwise what will be reflected in the data is what the local climate of the places where thermometers tend to reside and not the overall change in these local climates.

>>128277869
Scientists = wrong
Your ideology = infallible
there you go
>>
>>128260196
it's real but it's not man-made
our shit barely affects the environment on a larger scale
>>
>>128260196
Even if climate change were real, it would mainly affect non-whites like niggers, sandniggers and Poojeets. So why should we care?
>>
File: forcings.png (92KB, 582x801px) Image search: [Google]
forcings.png
92KB, 582x801px
>>128278135
>it's real but it's not man-made
CO2 forcing is ~90% man made
>>
>>128278135
All issues are environmental issues:

Economic, Social, and Ecological forces are all affected, at every scale, by the environment.

This is basic stuff, but considering you fucks throw your trash in open volcanoes, I do not expect you to have a strong foundation on any topic relating to the environment, or scales.
>>
>>128278531
But they're not defined by the environment. Key difference.
The Arabs were poor as fuck bastards in their little desert fiefdoms before foreigners found oil.
Not only have the Arabs been more affluent since then, their living standards have improved tremendously and their cities now are full of skyscrapers, lavish hotels and stadiums, and artificial private-owned islands.
All because the sale of oil brings them resources not native to their land, in the form of tradable currency with which they import everything.
And that's in a practically uninhabitable desert.

Environment is not the be all end all of all of our problems.
>>
File: 1496402910978.png (898KB, 1892x1426px) Image search: [Google]
1496402910978.png
898KB, 1892x1426px
>>
>>128260196
Will Net Neutrality crackdown on kids making shitty memes like that? Unreal.
>>
sheeeeeeiiiiit
>>
>>128262618
wew! damn good eye!
you have godlike powers of guesstimation
>>
>>128278959
that's actually out of date. The current concentration is ~409ppm

Tripati et al., 2009 were able to demonstrate using boron/calcium ratios of forams that the last time time the atmosphere had this concentration of CO2 was in the Middle Miocene some 12 million years ago.

They also point out that temperatures were 3° to 6°C warmer and sea level was 25 to 40 meters higher than today
>>
>>128260196
It's definitely happening.
I think humans definitely have an effect on the planet. We've been pumping an unfathomable amount of shit into the air since the industrial revolution, which also brought on the exponential growth of human population (more resources = more people).
More co2 is produced than the planet can naturally absorb. Deforestation doesn't help.
>>
>>128260930
good post
>>
>>128260196

kek is about memes and numbers, not genocide, you misguided donkey.
>>
>>128268968
Lol the funny thing is he was even willing to assume that all of the observed changes in atmospheric CO2 were caused on a 1 to 1 basis by human industrial activity alone. Any reasonable person would assume atleast a portion of the change is atteibutsble to non-human activity.
>>
>>128275513
Serious?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instrumental_temperature_record#Warmest_years
9/10 of the hottest years on record have been since 2000.
>>
The red pill on climate change is that warming is good for all life on earth, human, animal, and vegetation.
>>
>>128279276
I already corrected it. It was a typo, I meant 1.0°C. And the reason for that isn't guesswork, it's the measured global surface anomaly w.r.t. the preindustrial
>>
>>128260196
>Climate change is very real.
>Anthropogenic climate change is very real.
These two statements are absolute fact. You are retarded if you think any different, but these two statements don't necessarily say what you think they say.
Now, the actual question is how much of the overall climate change is anthropogenic. This is huge. if it's 99.999% human caused, then we really should throw a bunch of resources at it to do what we can to reverse it. If it's 0.00001% human caused, well, fuck, there's no point in wasting any resources on it. The reality is, of course, somewhere between those extremes. Until that number gets settled, it's really best for us to assume some percentage is anthropogenic and work in a preventative/mitigative manner, hedging our bets, if you will. Now the resources we allocate should not be governed by the various costs associated with reallocation of those resources (like, how many human lives was banning DDT worth? Because we sentenced thousands to die of malaria with that move, Banning freon also put cheap food storage/reduced transportation costs out of reach of many in poorer nations helping kill many through malnutrition) and not by fear mongering. In the end, I think things like greenhouse gasses should be treated like other pollutants where our goal should be to minimize them, but I'm not sure how much effort should go to that...
>>
>>128280065
That stat doesnt really mean that much. Because you could have similar stats for different warming profiles, e.g. either exponential, linear, or logarithmic. All yhe scary models predicted an exponential warming profile which could be bad, however the actual data over the last 15-16 years or so measured by satelite shows the warming has been t
Relatively flat with only a slight warming if any. That seems to correspond with a logarithmic warming profile. Which correspond to the warming of CO2 alone, which is a doubling of CO2 concentration yields about a 1 degree increase in avg. Global temp. This matched with what weve observed so far which is over last 100 yeard weve gone from 270 ppm to about 400 ppm, and seen a .8 degree change. This means we would need to go to 800 ppm to get 1 more and then to 1600 ppm to get 1 more after that. We would have literally exhausted all fossil fuels before then.
>>
>>128281900
>a doubling of CO2 concentration yields about a 1 degree increase in avg. Global temp
it's actually somewhere around 3°C
>>
>>128282603
A maximum of 1,5°C per doubling of CO2, if I understood Lord Monckton correctly.
He'll be publishing a paper soon in which he outlines 4 critical errors in the mathematics of global climate models.
>>
>>128263403
The USA doesn't need anyone else. If we truly need something, we'll take it.
>>
>>128282828
>28282828

what does this mean?
>>
File: Climate_Sensitivity_Summary.gif (21KB, 275x744px) Image search: [Google]
Climate_Sensitivity_Summary.gif
21KB, 275x744px
>>128282719
Monckton isn't a credible source
if you want to learn something, just take a look at the actual scientific literature. Experts from fields afar as geology, glaciology, volcanology and atmospheric physics have already discussed this at some length and their results all cluster around 3°C
>>
>>128282603
>it's actually somewhere around 3°C
Sorry I go with observed data over predictions from models. That is the nature of empiricism and science. Fact trumps theory every time. And the fact is CO2 has gone from about 270 ppm to 400 ppm and the temp has gone up .8 degrees about. If it were really were 3 degrees per doubling we would have seen about 2.2 to 2.4 degrees increase, but ww havent.

The 3 degree is based on positive feedback loops that have never happened.
>>
>>128260196
>TL:DR
Climate change is real

Climate change is a problem

Climate change is not a BIG problem

Climate change caused by the rest of the world combined is vastly overshadowed by the amount caused by China
>>
>>128260196
You guys should simply watch potholer54's videos on climate change. He has a ton of them, he doesn't bring politics into the discussion and hates media's reporting of it (both from alternative and mainstream sources).
>>
>>128282905
>Trust the 99%
>the science is settled
Yeah, no. Science is never settled, especially one as volatile as climate science.
Monckton will be publishing his paper soon and preliminary peer review is positive.
>>
File: 1492639840149.jpg (51KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1492639840149.jpg
51KB, 640x360px
>>128260196
Another Gen Z reporting in.You unironically listen to Paul Joseph Watson? I bet you're the type of kid to wear kekistani shit
>>
>>128283164
you're making a critical mistake:
The time between a carbon pulse and the new equilibrium temperature is not instantaneous.
About half of it is reached within the first 20 years and it takes another 1000 years to reach 90% of the new equilibrium temperature. That's why you sometimes hear that we've already committed to a rise of 2°C even if we stabilize GHG concentrations at the current level - it takes time for CO2 to fully come into effect.
>>
>>128283356
I think it goes to show how serious you are about this if you are willing to ignore the broad body of research in favor of the un-published analysis of a guy who is notorious for making amateurish mistakes
>>
underage gtfo
>>
>>128260196
>Paris climate accord scam
You seem to be missing the point, which is the above. It doesn't matter whether global warming is real or not. Either way, there was absolutely zero benefit to America to join. We can follow the standards if we want to without giving the EU any money.
>>
>>128260196
>do you think we affect climate change with our pollution?
Meanwhile, hundreds of volcanos are putting more shit in the air in a day that mankind manages in a year and what, it hails in LA? Yeah, okay.
>>
>Be the sun
>Be the nuclear furnace of the solar system
>Spew out Gigawats of energy
>If I go out, within a week, the average global surface temperature would drop below 0°F. In a year, it would dip to –100°.
>My annual fluctuations are not taken into account for climate models
>HOW DO I MAKE BABBY
>>
>>128260196
I've lived by the sea all my life. It has risen 0.0 cm in my lifetime.
>>
>>128282905
When the models can account for the Little Ice Age, let's talk. Until then, they are theories, and unproven theories at that.
>>
>>128273075
It's cool. If it turns out the current change in climate is indeed caused by humans that at least proves we can terraform Mars.
>>
>>128284144
>My annual fluctuations are not taken into account for climate models
>>128284040
>Meanwhile, hundreds of volcanos are putting more shit in the air in a day that mankind manages in a year and what, it hails in LA? Yeah, okay.

Fake news. Scientists aren't retarded. Go to /sci/ and watch potholer54
>>
>>128273334
"Global warming" is a term made up by the media. Scientists have been calling it climate change for 80+ years.
>>
>>128260829
stfu, leftist cuck, SWEDEN YES, HAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>128273075
So then what do we do? Do we wait around to find out after its too late, or should we just keep going at our current pace? Genuinely wondering
>>
>>128260196
Climate change is real, but it's a good thing.

It's basically a slow-motion genocide of everyone living near the equator. Spics, Africans, Arabs, etc. are all doomed, while the boreal races will just get less snow in the winter.
>>
>>128276447
>empowerement
>equality

It's like you don't know your own language
>>
>>128284271
most climatologists think LIA was caused by the combined effects of a low in solar activity (called the Maunder minimum) and a high in explosive volcanism
>>
>>128284566
Do you honestly think the world will end? I look at Earth as a big living thing, right now it's sick and climate change will happen as a way to deal with all the cancer. A lot of people will die, those who are not prepared will be gone, but we will be fine.
>>
>>128260196

Congrats, man, I'm 31, grew up in the 90s when PC and environmentalism really ramped up and took over.

It took me till I was 25 to leave the left. Most sane, or intellectually honest, people eventually do, I've come to find.
>>
>>128260930
this
>>
>>128260196
The concept has been undermined to generate political benefits. I do think it's stupid to fully deny the plausibility, as well as to put it as a question of great importance. What first needs to be done is to change the whole idea of these current unreliable governments and then this idea could actually be successfully disputed, provided humanity has the technology to deal with it.
>>
>>128280927
measured with what exactly?
when was the last logged calibration?

oh, i forgot, there wasn't a reliable method to measure any of the data that you are referencing.

don't even mention core samples, faggot.
we had this discussion the other day.

thanks for the (YOU)
let's trade
>>
>>128283718
I want to see the paper, and like what he's saying.
If his conclusions are sound, carbon taxes will never be justified and thus the globalists need a new horse to ride.
>>
I shilled for glpbal warming for 20 years since Al Gore. None of his doomsday predictions have come true. The models are all flawed. The data they put in the models is bs. They fudge the #s out right have been busted. They also put thermometers over pavement or in front of ac exhaust vents. They keep changing their models on past temperature to fit whatever new theory. NOAA has been caught manipulating data. Lord Mochton just btfo the whole co2 causing warming premise. Warm is good. If we melted the ice caps Antarctica would be a huge Boreal Forest.
>>
>>128260196
>http://www.strawpoll.me/13102157

climate change is real, global warming is not.
>>
>>128285609
Also they don't have a real plan to stip it. The same people telling you not to have an air conditioner or a car or the people in giant mansions on the beach flying around in giant private jets they don't believe what they're really selling you or they would have online conferences or take a sailboat to the conferenceconference. It's just a giant scam to seize money and power and maybe even make a new religion If you deny our scientists will jail you and if you don't listen to us you'll go to hell but if you tithe us all your money will make the world into a Garden of Eden Utopia that will be post want and nobody will ever fight or need anything ever again does that sound like a cult to you?
>>
>>128260632
It's really a dumbass but cuz it's real and we take it so seriously we're losing and trade are getting are ass beat by China
>>
Even if it is a hoax green energy is cheaper... theres no point in not buying into green energy because even if its all a hoax you still pay less and help rebel against the corperations running the world
>>
>>128260829
stay cucked
>>
>>128285609

>what is desertification?

It aint gonna be boreal forests and extinct fauna coming back to life senpai

Just cause the politicians are lying snakes (both sides) doesnt mean the deserts are getting bigger and those fucking caps are melting put two and two together.
>>
>>128260196
I don't doubt climate change. What I doubt is that is that the proposals to deal with it are anything more than a scam. The Paris Accord is non-binding, doesn't restrict China and India based on a justification that wealthier nations like the US have a past of high C02 admittance...
Starting to sound less like a solution for climate change and more like a solution for wealth distributions because it is not restricting C02 it is merely determining who gets to produce it.
>>
>>128284999
The thing is with PJW, fox, infowars is they spew 60% shit and 40% redpill but alot of people I know are right wing. I really enjoy triggering my labour(party) friend
>>
>>128286042
Renewable energy is the future no matter what side you choose. It will last forever and its cheap and growing
>>
I think that "Is (anthropocentric) climate change real?" isn't the question you should be asking. Start by assuming it is real and start to look what you would have to do in order to reverse the current trend. As >>128268968 shows, carbon taxes or eliminating a few power plants isn't going to cut it. If you actually want to do something right now, you would have to reduce air-travel, shipping and cars. You would have to radically change the way people live today: No more travelling across the globe, no more importing goods from every corner of the earth, etc. Are you willing to do that or not? Maybe instead of sabotaging your own economy you could invest in technology and hope to have a bigger impact that way...
>>
File: dYrh8IQ.jpg (943KB, 1891x4901px) Image search: [Google]
dYrh8IQ.jpg
943KB, 1891x4901px
>>
>>
>>
>>128260364
It's real but it has been happening continuously since the planet was formed. It is natural and not man made.

CO2 isn't pollution though, I'm more worried about mercury and SO2 and such.
>>
https://strawpoll.com/zc345af
>>
>>128289428
Lets find out what /pol/ thinks
>>
File: 1466185861488.jpg (117KB, 736x577px) Image search: [Google]
1466185861488.jpg
117KB, 736x577px
>>128273881
>>
>>128260364
We all used to believe in Santa and the Tooth Fairy too
>>
File: zog1.jpg (275KB, 2593x2009px) Image search: [Google]
zog1.jpg
275KB, 2593x2009px
>>128260196
Global warming
>>
What is the end result of trillions of dollars? The temp goes down one degree Celsius
>>
>>128261072
Make a decent poll bucked teeth mongoloid
>>
>>128261072
What a stupid fucking poll. No one here believes climate change doesn't real; we don't believe -significant- man-made climate change is real. CO2 is a weak greenhouse gas. It would need to double for each 1 degree Celsius rise of the global average temperature.
>>
>>128260930
/thread
>>
>>128290368
>Top 5 contributing GHG
>Weak
>>
>>128290368
a couple* of degrees Celsius
>>
>>128260196

Here's some non-idiot knowledge for you, britbong

The problem with the Paris Accord is that it doesn't hold China, India, or Russia accountable for their pollution so it's literally useless. The countries who ARE held accountable have been cheating nonstop, the companies in those countries are faking numbers, installing new parts to trick sensors, and bribing people. The climate accord has been completely ineffective. Government mandates are a joke. We need to make the free market and the populace want it to happen, then companies will do it for good PR, which is actually worth losing some money to them because it gains them money in the long run by gaining or maintaining customers. Making it regulated instead of free market induced means all the companies do the absolute bare fucking minium, and lie about it
>>
>>128290736
I hate to pull a molymeme but that isn't an argument. Explain why you think that's impossible. And dammit captcha I can't tell what the fucking clothes are. must switch to old
>>
>>128291092
test
>>
>>128267999
Anecdotal evidence is a-ok when i agree with it. If something challenges my views, however... I'm gonna need 15 peer reviewed studies and even then fuck you.
>>
>>128260364
The climate will always change and despite what (((they))) tell you, we are not contributing much.
>>
>>128293018
co2 has increased from 280ppm to over 400ppm since the industrial revolution. This much at least is down to us.
>>
>>128260196
>Gen Z
nobody gives a shit what some 18-year-old retard thinks

stay in school kid
>>
>>128263432
Come to Christ, Hans.
Thread posts: 246
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.