[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Wahhabism Sunni or Shia?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Sultan mosque.jpg (355KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Sultan mosque.jpg
355KB, 1280x960px
Is Wahhabism Sunni or Shia?
>>
>>128250997

Sunni obviously
>>
Sunni side up
>>
>>128251134
>>128251236

Source?
>>
>>128250997
Shita
>>
>>128251290

A good general rule of thumb is that Shia is the Islamic equivalent of Catholicism or Orthodoxy (more rational, though obviously the Shia are still wrong since they aren't Christians. Note that you don't ever see Shia jihadists though), while the Sunni are the Islamic equivalent of Protestants, and the Wahhabi are equivalent to Protestant fundamentalists who take an extreme interpretation of their holy book. Obviously fundamentalist Sunnis are a lot more dangerous than fundamentalist Protestants
>>
>>128251597
Aren't protestants in general less strict Christians?
Also don't insult us comparing us to these people.
>>
File: Sahih-Bukhari.jpg (53KB, 751x378px) Image search: [Google]
Sahih-Bukhari.jpg
53KB, 751x378px
>>128250997
This it's a bad book that likes violence a lot.

It's the moral equivalent of horror movies.
>>
>>128250997
Sunni- (wahabbist)ISIS, al Nusra, et al

Shia - Hezbollah, hamas (the ones btfo the kikes)
>>
>>128251597
Completely opposite. Shii are fucking wierdo minority. Sunni is modern majority. Sunni extremists have access to funds and network of support. Shii extremists are Druze and such. It is like a 10/1 ratio S to Sh
>>
>>128251819

I was thinking more of the American style of Evangelical Protestantism, where they take the Bible completely literally. Some of those churches are stricter than the norm, while something like the Protestant state churches in Europe would be less strict

And there's nothing wrong with making comparisons to Islam, even Aquinas did it
>>
>>128252536

Minority/majority isn't the comparison, I meant more in terms of the style of interpretation (the book vs. the book plus tradition)
>>
>>128251979
hammas is sunni
>>
>>128253413
>Hamas is sunni
You're right familam, they are just financed by Iran which is Shia.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.