[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why did Japan attack the US?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: food.png (29KB, 99x158px) Image search: [Google]
food.png
29KB, 99x158px
did Pearl Harbor actually happen? was it an inside job? What purpose did attacking the US serve Japan?

It just seems like the worst possible option.

Had Japan not been involved in the war with the US, and instead focused on dealing with the Soviets both the Nazis and Japan could have won.

So, redpill me on WW2 Japan, why did they attack America?
>>
They wanted the covfefe
>>
The US blocked the Japs oil shipments. The really had no other option. Are you serious you didnt know?
>>
>>128241853
There were other options, weren't there?
Especially if Germany/Italy were controlling North Africa.

Just seems like attacking the US was a mistake, oil or not.
>>
>>128241939
japs were running low on oil so they cant focus on dealing with the soviets
japan sees oil in the east indies
usa tries to block them
what choices does japan have?
>>
>>128241939
You know where Japan is yea? The other side ot the planet compared to Europe.
>>
>>128241692
we were selling hella guns and ammo and machinary to the allied powers, we were involved in the war without putting boots on the ground and the japs basically called our "bluff" with terrible reprucussions
>>
>>128241692
Japan deserved it,thats all you need to know
>>
File: Untitled(1).png (392KB, 951x713px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled(1).png
392KB, 951x713px
>>128241692
They literally never lost a war, they felt on top of the world after defeating Russia in the 10s and absolutely wrecking China's shit in the 30s, teaming up with Hitler and Mussolini made them felt like gods. They were the strongest naval force and a legit threat to America who were not prepared for Japan. It was a moment of euphoria for them, they already conquered most of Asia, but like they predicted, they had to beat America fast because they didn't have the resources for a prolonged war. Unfortunately they didn't completely destroy Pearl Harbor and the WW1 mentality fucked them up in the long run.
>>
File: image.jpg (73KB, 500x631px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73KB, 500x631px
>>128241692
Japan's oil was cut off by the US
without oil, a country and it's economy will collapse

FDR knew it would force the Japanese to attack, and he let Pearl Harbor happen on purpose to draw the US into a war with the axis. By the way, can someone tell me where FDR is buried so I can take a fat shit on his grave?
>>
>>128242866
this is the type of answer I was looking for.

>>128242533
they should have attacked Russia faaaaaaaar more, arctic oil and all. It just seems like Russia was more of a reasonable target than America, however you make good points. I know America was not the major military power it is today during WW2.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.