[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Aquinas a big figure in Catholicism?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: thomas aquinas.jpg (41KB, 387x544px) Image search: [Google]
thomas aquinas.jpg
41KB, 387x544px
something I always wanted to know
>>
>>128237067

wikipedia is immense
>>
File: St. Thomas Aquinas stainglass.jpg (178KB, 509x905px) Image search: [Google]
St. Thomas Aquinas stainglass.jpg
178KB, 509x905px
Yes. He's the patron saint of teachers everywhere and his Summa Theologica is often talked about among people who know the faith well
>>
>>128237067
He's one of the big dogs m8
>>
Very.
>>
>>128237067

"Now God knows all contingent things not only as they are in their causes, but also as each
one of them is actually in itself. And although contingent things become actual successively,
nevertheless God knows contingent things not successively, as they are in their own being,
as we do; but simultaneously. The reason is because his knowledge is measured by eternity,
as is also His being; and eternity being simultaneously whole comprises all time, as said above. Hence, all things that are in time are present to God from eternity, not
only because He has the types of things present within him, as some say; but because His glance is carried from eternity over all things as they are in their presentiality.
>>
>>128237067
he is literally a doctor of the Church
>>
Whenever I think of a question that has to do with philosophy or theology he's the first person that comes to mind to find the answer
>>
>>128237067
Yep
Rediscovered Aristotle
>>
>>128237067
Aquinas was the first guy to call out Islam for what it really is. A false religion. He considered it a heresy of Christianity that was being used to support Muhammad and other Arab mudshit warlords as justification for robbing silk road caravans.

Aquinas is forgotten today by most because the revisionist in the academic world don't want him published in history because of this.
>>
>>128237067
He's know as "the doctor" or "the scholar". You tell me.
>>
>>128238199
known*
>>
but can one claim that the average high school atheist today is more intelligent than Aquinas?
>>
>>128238424
You can claim bix nood. But that doesn't make it true.
>>
>>128237067

For you
>>
What I want to know about is the Aquinas protocol in Deus Ex. As well as the "mythical city on the hill".
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.