[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bearer Bonds and PROMIS

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

I was wondering what, if anything, you guys thought of the bearer bond scandals of the past decade or of PROMIS.

In regards to PROMIS, does anyone know if it is out in the wild or is for them and not us so to speak?

The bearer bond scandals are a few in number, from 2009 until now there have been arrests made in few European nations and the Philippines of people trying to smuggle "fake" bearer bonds, made on official papers, with all the official trappings of real bonds just with casual misspellings, like Federal "Reserved" Bond etc.

The numerical value of the bonds varies per bond with standard values being represented, eg $500,000,000 and non standard bonds such as ones with a face value of $1,000,000,000,000.

In one case in Spain two men were arrested with bonds valued in excess of 1.6 trillion dollars.

The SEC is very slow to process these bonds and has always declared them fake then taken them back, usually such fakes are destroyed by the financial police of the nation they are found it as soon as they are recovered.

The bearer bonds, the methodology of deployment and the places where they have been found all have ties to the old Nazi Operation Bernhard.

PROMIS is a program that went missing after it was found to be of use in high volume forex trading.

PROMIS was made to track criminals through the criminal justice system of the US as they moved from state to state etc.

It was found out however that it could also be used to track financial trends to maximize market gains and effectively make predictions that would over 85% of the time make money.

The issue however is that by tracking the market in the way that it did it also hit upon hidden trends of massive puts on companies or industries that would be shortly impacted by natural disasters.

It ended up being stolen from its makers and its continued usage or current location are unknown.

They both relate in so much as they are indicators of a hidden system of finance present in the world.
>>
Really, no one know anything about this?
>>
>>128231132
Nope, but I'm interested. Bump
>>
>>128231328
Well in terms of PROMIS a good place to start is:
The Last Circle: Danny Casolaro's Investigation into the Octopus and the PROMIS Software Scandal

The bearer bonds though are a more recent thing and the news on them is very sparse owing to the implications of them, either being real or even high quality fakes, on the financial system.
>>
>>128232052
For the bearer bonds everything was real, the ink, the paper, the serials, the metal bands wrapping the bonds together, and even the metal boxes they were found it were all real, the only indicator they were fake was the misspellings, or to quote Heydrich "unauthorized facsimiles."

The length of time it took the SEC to say they were fake was extreme, in the case of two Japanese men arrested on an Italian commuter train bound for Switzerland it took nearly two weeks, this was after the Italian financial police said they were certain they were real.

Interestingly the Japanese men were arrested with bonds that matched the exact amount of funds TARP had left at the time, 134.5 billion dollars.

These events in Europe also are eerily reminiscent of the Japanese 57 Series bonds, namely the production of real bonds from an authorized source that vary just enough from the established normal bonds to allow them to deny them in court and not honor them.
>>
>>128232052
>The Last Circle:
I lived in Mariposa,CA when Cherie Seymour was working on this.

My friend on whose property I was living knew her. He held a 164 acres of mining patents out on hwy 49 near the Merced River.

We had a friend , an indian who was a descendant of Benjamin Franklin who had been an LAPD special investigator whose brother showed up dead in Marriposa.
The cops ruled it a suicide but his brother didn't believe it so came up to investigate.

He discovered there were drugs being smuggled into a small airport (Mt. Bullion) and money laundering and the mariposa County Sheriif Dept. was implicated.

Seymour who was described to me as a reporter for the Mariposa Gazette was going to publish a book about it aall when our Indian friend was arrested for molesting his three daughters.

He went to prison for it .. I never believed he did it becasue I played with his daughters in his house and they were completely free and typical exhuberant little girls. I sensed nothing irregular about the home situation.
>>
>>128232925
That doesnt surprise me at all given the nature of the state sanctioned drug trade.
>>
>>128232440
The implications of the bearer bonds are three, either they are completely fake and are just a scam made by well connected organized crime types, they are "unauthorized facsimiles" and are a form of warfare on the US financial hegemony, and finally that this is, much like Japanese 57 series, a way for the govt to further supplement its income in a clandestine manner.

The last one looks more likely when one looks at what PROMIS does.
>>
>>128235121
I would have thought that more people would be interested in how the black budget is funded.
>>
>>128236969
I remember the same stories about these going back a while. They claim that we haven't issued bearer bonds in a long time but hell we issue so many different types of debt in this country who could really know? It wouldn't surprise me to find out they're real.
>>
>>128236969
its frustrating because we are powerless to affect Justice .. these enormous state crimes committed by the powerful get swept under the rub because they just claim prosecution would risk destabilizing the entire nation.. too big to jail. so why burn yourself out over things about which you can never hope to address?
>>
>>128228425

Bearer bonds are no longer honored. They are worth nothing dipshit
>>
>>128237439
They have issued bonds in all the denominations that were found in the boxes below a value of 1,000,000,000 dollars. They were printed in the correct manner, with the correct signatures and storage methods, to such a degree that they were deemed real by police. The only ones that were true "fakes" were the ones with huge face values, but this raises the question, why counterfeit that which isnt real?

People dont counterfeit $3 bills for example. The worst of the implications are that the bonds are real and that their being talked about at all is indicative of an entire system of finance that the general public is unaware of.
>>128237539
Does ignorance help in any fashion? People are kept ignorant because the knowledge would cause large scale loss of face or worse loss of control.

>>128237766
For the general public they are no longer used, for Federal Reserve interbank commerce they can still be used though, although not often. Which is why these events are important because the counterfeiters also went through the trouble of all the correct trappings of a lost interbank loan. Those bonds will still be honored.
>>
Well I hope that someone enjoyed this.
>>
We're you on /biz/ earlier?
>>
>>128241247
Indeed, seems that they, like /pol/, are not that interested in the subject.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.