[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What Are the Pros and Cons of an Online Education?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Xjg.jpg (149KB, 970x1097px) Image search: [Google]
Xjg.jpg
149KB, 970x1097px
What Are the Pros and Cons of an Online Education?
>>
Pros
You don't have to leave home

Cons
It's worth nothing
>>
It's all about dat dere slave class
>>
Pros:
you don't have to directly interact with niggers.
work in a comfortable environment
eat good food
you get to be comfy all day

Cons:
Student may become antisocial, even with live session classes
Student may become lazy
Student may procrastinate a lot
>>
>>128228331
Pros:
>takes less money
>takes less time
>takes less effort

Cons:
>even more worthless than any other comparable conventionally obtained degree, which doesn't seem possible but is 100% true
>>
File: 1495504890650.jpg (47KB, 477x450px) Image search: [Google]
1495504890650.jpg
47KB, 477x450px
>>128228331

Pros:
It's the only education worth having anymore.

Cons:
No accrediation.
>>
Are you talking about College or Highschool?

If it wasn't for online I would have never graduated highschool. It let me actually do school work when I had Lymes disease and was too sick to go to traditional. That aside it let me do work at my own pace, not deal with idiots in the class room, gave me one on one help in subjects like math I struggled in. However if you don't have any self discipline it's not for you. The one I went to had about 3/4 of the kids dropout by the second month or so and the rest that stayed did very well.

My mother also got a large portion of her Teaching/writing degree online and has been very successfully teaching for the last 10 years with her students testing better than most of the other schools in the districts.

Basically Pros are self taught to a point, more class choices, don't have to deal with other students for the most part, work at a pace that works for you, can do it from home, easier to do with a job or whatever etc.

Cons I can't really think of any unless you don't have the best work ethic but if you don't have that you wont really do well regardless.

Biggest pro is not having to deal with other students especially since the mexican population has been increasing in my area pretty quickly for a while now and they are almost as bad as niggers in school.
>>
>>128228476
You can get an online masters in computer science at Georgia Tech now. Not all programs are created equally.
>>
>>128228331
When I went through college I did as much of my shit online and distance ed as I could. I was a fucking master at getting this done. I got an associates of general studies with having to take just 1 semester of in person classes, then transfered and got a bachelor's CS degree with about 1 yr of in person class work, and thats only because i was bored and wanted to go.

Find a community college in your state that has a distance ed program or does a lot with the military. Get as much high school credit as you can from AP stuff. My state also has a virtual college program where any member college can instruct a student if they don't teach it normally.

So, no shit, enroll at a couple of them. Just start picking apart their classes and see what will substitute/match for a degree at your main college. I would take tests by mail, did a public speaking class by video tape. Sometimes I would have to get an exam proctored so whereever I was I would find a university or college and they would always have someone at the distance ed department who would sign off.

Last year there will likely be classes that arent avaialble online/distance. Do normal spring/fall semesters, but also take Winter break (if offered) and Summer 1 and 2. Seriously, summer school is the shit. It's compressed and you're done in 4 weeks per "semester" for full credit.

Also do whatever you can to get independent study/special projects whatever as a waiver for needing the hours to count. They will likely waive some of the classes if you can get a faculty member to agree to mentor you.

No one explains this shit. I just did not want to go to class but still wanted a CS degree, so I made it happen.
This was like 10 yrs ago. I imagine it's even easier now. Get as much done at the community college level (cheaper) then take the degree requirements at a university or whatever. You're not going to get a a trade education or Ivy league diploma like this, but if you just want a degree it works.
>>
>>128232404
Awesome anon. If I could have taken high school online my life would have been so much better. I was suicidal most of it and had to deal with nigs and mexicans the rest. Total waste of 4 years. The actual things "learned" could be taught in a few months if you focus.

And yes - if you aren't selfmotivated you will fail.
>>
>Pros
You get a real education without jewish, Commie and liberal indoctrination.

>Cons
No one takes you seriously.

Like, No true Scotsmen.
>>
>>128233667
Thanks lol but ya I honestly recommended it to most people and my brother and his friend are now both in it and doing well in school for once. It's extremely valuable. Also have less of teachers forcing their personal beliefs on you.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.