[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Global Warming refuted in three sentences

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: couple-ice-skating-q-1887.jpg (2MB, 1398x1635px) Image search: [Google]
couple-ice-skating-q-1887.jpg
2MB, 1398x1635px
In the mediaeval age, England was so hot that there were some fifty vineyards in the south of England.

In the Victorian age, it was so cold that people used to go ice skating on the River Thames.

The temperature today does not come close to either of these two extremes, and, if CO2 emissions were responsible for global warming, one would expect the mediaeval period to be the cold one, and the Victorian one, the hot one; whereas the truth is directly the opposite of this.
>>
>>128164136

this picture gives me the feels. better time back then lad
>>
File: loehle2kyr-tempreconstruction.png (13KB, 461x348px) Image search: [Google]
loehle2kyr-tempreconstruction.png
13KB, 461x348px
>The temperature today does not come close to either of these two extremes
>>
>>128164136
It was called the Medieval warm period. The golden age. The age of chivalry.

around the early 1300's there was the start of the little ice age which last until the 1800's. It played a part in all kinds of things like The year without a summer, Washington crossing the Delaware, Famines in Europe which helped the Black Death, the French revolution.

> Edward Bruce’s fourth and final campaign in Ireland occurred in October 1318

>A critical factor in determining the outcome of the war was the famine of 1315-22, caused by torrential rains

Lots of cool stuff
>>
>>128164136
That image, England was so beautiful, how could you fuck up your country?
>>
File: IMG_2516.gif (265KB, 456x663px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2516.gif
265KB, 456x663px
>>128164136
In the 1970s they were concerned about global cooling
>>
>>128166090
wow, scientists with thermometers were measuring the temperature in 500AD?
>>
>>128166912
I also find it funny that they usually base the measurements off of the year 1880 which was around the end of the Victorian ice age.
>>
File: IMG_2520.jpg (123KB, 814x580px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2520.jpg
123KB, 814x580px
>>
>>128166912
there weren't any people around with thermometers but there are trees, speleothems, corals, ice cores, lake and deep ocean sediments, pollen sequences and various biomolecules from that time, all of which preserve information about the paleotemperature in their own way
>>
>>128167556
Quit trying to appeal their reason my kraut friend
This is more about their identity than it's about the global warming. They want to be the ultimate redpilled of all the redpilled and nothing will change their stance
>>
>>128167427

"Climate change predictions have been wrong for decades. Let’s look at some. At the first Earth Day celebration, in 1969, environmentalist Nigel Calder warned, “The threat of a new ice age must now stand alongside nuclear war as a likely source of wholesale death and misery for mankind.” C.C. Wallen of the World Meteorological Organization said, “The cooling since 1940 has been large enough and consistent enough that it will not soon be reversed.” In 1968, Professor Paul Ehrlich predicted that there would be a major food shortage in the U.S. and that “in the 1970s and 1980s hundreds of millions of people (would) starve to death.” Ehrlich forecasted that 65 million Americans would die of starvation between 1980 and 1989 and that by 1999, the U.S. population would have declined to 22.6 million. Ehrlich’s predictions about England were gloomier. He said, “If I were a gambler, I would take even money that England will not exist in the year 2000.

In 1970, Harvard University biologist George Wald predicted, “Civilization will end within 15 or 30 years unless immediate action is taken against problems facing mankind.” Sen. Gaylord Nelson, in Look magazine in April 1970, said that by 1995, “somewhere between 75 and 85 percent of all the species of living animals (would) be extinct.”

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2015/03/walter-e-williams/global-warming-lies/
>>
>>128167925
well do you want to know anything about the climate of the past?
>>
>>128170599
the past will be corrected to suit the present political agenda.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.