[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me understand global warming alarmism

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: FB_IMG_1495637275217.jpg (15KB, 500x488px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1495637275217.jpg
15KB, 500x488px
I heard something about Roman Ruins being thawed. Does anyone know the sauce for that? Google isn't helping.

I also heard the earth is cooling now? So what's the deal? What's the best argument against anthropogenic climate change, and the best argument for it?
>>
>>128150665
bump
>>
Roman ruins are not thawing.

Once upon a time, there was so much ice frozen on the Earth, that it consumed so much water there was a land bridge between North America and Asia. True story. The British Isles were part of mainland Europe. Then along came "climate change" and melted all the ice creating the Bering Sea and the English Channel. Global sea levels rose nearly 400 feet. The Gulf Coast of Florida retreated 130 miles, so much so that the most ancient artifacts of man in Florida are now over 100 miles off shore, having been inundated by the deluge created by Global Warming.

And No one caused it.

Today we are told that global sea levels might rise as much as THREE feet due to human activity. Low-lying coastal cities might experience minor flooding.

Draw your own conclusions.
>>
>>128152573
Makes sense. So is the earth really cooling now? It's hard to use google for these things because there's so much static. You can't tell what's the truth and what's just shilling.
>>
>>128150665
Against: it's happened before. Humans didn't even exist then.
For: reams of data correlating the dramatic increase of carbon dioxide, compounded by the reduction of forested areas to process it. Also, carbon pollution is real as well.

The fact of the matter is that we are creating more pollutants than the earth can dispose of through natural means. Will all life die? Nope. Will we all be healthier and stronger without them? Yeah.

It's funny to me that this isn't a conservative issue instead of a liberal one; preserving the environment so that we can continue to live seems to be a conservative type of ideology.
>>
>>128152781
>You can't tell what's the truth and what's just shilling.
apparently you, in particular, are terrible at it.
>>
>>128153261
It's a conservative issue too, but only globalists and regressives are pushing the currently popular solution: redistribute wealth and needlessly kill jobs. Conservatives are being painted as all corporate shills because they oppose ludicrous solutions like the Paris Agreement Trump just pulled out of. But it's not that they don't care. They just don't think pouring gasoline on a fire will help put it out.
>>
>>128150665
The earth is overall warming(the cooling period you heard of is very recent and it is happening) on the long period, but the fact is that nobody has concrete evidence about how much the humans are actually contributing to it

There have been many times when the earth was hotter than now and that was way before we even had electricity.

The earth is like an organism, the fact that you hear on the news that certain region has experienced the hottest year in the last century means nothing, on the same page another region is experiencing it's coldest year. It's fucking normal, whoever expects that the earth will keep anything remotely close to a stable temperature is a fucking retard who thinks the earth and the universe revolves around them.
>>
File: 1475953897757.gif (2MB, 300x290px) Image search: [Google]
1475953897757.gif
2MB, 300x290px
>>128153267
It's almost like he isn't. Hmmmm..... really fires up my neurons.
>>
>>128154183
I obviously already have my own opinions on this. I want y'all's.
>>
>>128153267
I am only an egg.
>>
>>128153815
How would the redistribution of wealth help or hinder any of this? Sauce?
>>
>>128155840
It doesn't help cool the earth. That's the point. Developed countries such as the US are told to cripple their industry, while "developing" countries get a free pass. Mandated wealth redistribution by helping the "little guy." Remember in Atlas Shrugged when collectivists started propping up deservedly smaller, lazier, inefficient businesses because it was the "humanitarian" thing to do? Same idea, on a supranational scale. Not that they'd admit it, but the proof is in the pudding.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.