[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just a reminder for all the Global warming shills

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 9

File: unethical-medicine-lobotomy-orig.jpg (555KB, 1500x1312px) Image search: [Google]
unethical-medicine-lobotomy-orig.jpg
555KB, 1500x1312px
Saying that MOST scientists believe that global warming is happening is not an argument

At a point and time the smartest people thought lobotomy worked and that the earth was flat

Use some real arguments instead
>>
>>128141929
Nobody intelligent ever thought the world was flat. There were ancient Greeks measuring the circumference of the globe by measuring shadows in like 500 BC. And lobotomies objectively do work.
>>
redpill me on lobotomies

did they work?
>>
>and that the earth was flat

No one ever believed that, until recently.
>>
>>128142151
some scientists did, most didn't that is the point
>>
>>128142298
didn't colombus believe he was gonna fall of the edge of earth lel
>>
>>128142170
I mean if you class working as turning a autistic kid into practically a vegtable then yes. Very successful.
>>
>>128142170
They turn a person into a docile potato. They could still walk and talk and react but they acted like a vegetable. If you're violently insane and anti-psychotic medicines don't exist yet, it was a very effective treatment and for some people was worth the cost. The treatment was vastly overused, though.
>>
>>128142301
What is "some"? 2? 5? 10,000?
>>
>>128142349
no, he was trying to find a faster way to india
>>
>>128142431
Galileo was convicted of heresy in 1600 so most people probably followed that mindset
>>
>>128142349
No he didn't. They knew the earth was round back then.
>>
>>128142151
Most "mainstream" scientists for long time in history did, of course there were some individuals and schools, who actually calculated it right more than 2000 years ago, but then there are many schools and individual scientists, who don't believe in man made climate change.
>>
The earth is flat... and climate change is perpetuated by the elite
>>
>>128142301
no the vast majority did
>>
>>128142572
Because he proposed that the sun is the center and not earth witch was a contradiction for church dogma.
>>
>>128142572
you're confusing geocentrism with flat-earth theory, you're a retard
>>
>>128142151
Aristotle and Plato practiced the earliest form of masonry all current masonry is derived from them...

The earth is flat
>>
File: 62mHs_d.jpg (48KB, 640x359px) Image search: [Google]
62mHs_d.jpg
48KB, 640x359px
>>
>>128142927
While not exclusive in our case it makes perfect sense. Look it up
>>
>>128141929
>At a point and time the smartest people thought lobotomy worked

But it did in fact work as intended, and it does still work. The thing was that we didn't exactly know how it worked and what else went with it. Surgeries are still done to this day, but now with far more precision and knowledge of just what should be done then before.
>>
>>128143090
All my redpilled senpai stanup
>>
>>128143112
They are 100% exclusive
>>
>>128142349
Nope, Columbus was trying to get to China. Nobody wanted to give him ships to do so because they knew he got his distance calcs wrong.
>>
>>128142572
Galileo was convicted of heresy because he insulted the church and pushed his theory as absolute fact despite his model being completely faulty as well as his arguments. He tried to push into it from the theological standard. The church was actually extremely accommodating to the guy, right up until he decided to write a book about the pope being a moron, who had also coincidentally been one of his best friends.
>>
>>128141929

except lobotomy does work if the goal is to make someone more docile and most scientists never thought the world was flat, literally one of the first ever recorded scientific experiments was to prove it was round
>>
>>128141929
But...the Earth is flat and Space doesn't exist.
>>
>>128142170
Kinda? They basically separated the left and right hemispheres which worked in only some specific cases.
>>
>>128142170
basically taking your consciousness away
>>
File: C6e6THgWQAAJ4W6[1].jpg (54KB, 736x490px) Image search: [Google]
C6e6THgWQAAJ4W6[1].jpg
54KB, 736x490px
Doctors used to say smoking was good for your health too
>>
>>128143090
the point Mac was missing is that despite those men being wrong in one area doesn't invalidate their main contributions to science.
>>
>biology graduate student
>have had a lot of old prof's by now
>always ask them about the global cooling scare of the 70's
>general responses tend to be, very similar to how global warming is treated now, but no one promised to fix it, if you gave them your money

Here is the issue, academia has transitioned to depending on the influx of research money. If you want to get funding, you do not say you want to study the mating habits of the redspotted newt, you say you are studying climate changes impact on the mating habits of the redspotted newt. With that tiny little change to the premise of your research your chance of getting funding has gone up dramatically.
>>
>>128141929
Even hard right wingers at this point accept the fact of climate change but they just doubt that human activity is to blame (despite heavily correlating with the rise in fossil fuel consumption).

>Use some real arguments instead

The physics on the matter is quite clear, more carbon emissions than necessary strengthens the greenhouse effect leading to higher temperatures. Deniers tend to bring things like medieval warming periods and periods with cool dips essentially saying it's a natural process but they can't argue against the physics. There is also the argument of data, which clearly shows an upward trend in the past ~100 years.

The only reason people spout the 97% consensus thing, which is true, is that deniers use the Gallileo fallacy saying that they trust the other 3% because it might be true.
>>
>>128142151
This
>>
>>128144280
>say you are studying climate changes impact on the mating habits of the redspotted newt.

no, you say you are studying climate change impact on the mating habits of nonbinary and queer redspotted newts
>>
>>128146595
>MUH CORRELATION == CAUSATION
kys
>>
>>128142425
Why not just kill them? Christ, painful to even think about.
>>
>>128146934
>we know the physical mechanism behind global warming
>data confirms this
>MUH CORRELATION =! CAUSATION IT COULD BE THE SUN FOR ALL WE KNOW
>>
>>128141929
This is not an argument cuckleberry finn.
>>
>>128142151
was about to post this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myth_of_the_flat_Earth
>>
>>128142801
Wrong.

He wrote anti church propoganda which is what got him in hot water.

The church threw him book launching parties for his scientific discoveries... including heliocentric ones.

Here's a fun fact: most people thought the earth was the center of the universe because at the time, the center of the body was considered the worst part, as that's where shit came from.

They considered man to be the basest, or worst of God's creations because of his sinful and disgusting nature.
>>
>>128141929

L Y S E N K O I S M
look it up folks
>>
>>128141929
>At a point and time the smartest people thought lobotomy worked
That time is now.

Haven't you heard? Lobotomies are making a comeback. Maybe they can use it to cure racism.
https://www.wired.com/2011/03/lobotomy-history/
http://discovermagazine.com/1997/oct/lobotomysback1240
>>
>>128141929
Reminder that the USSR banned lobotomies in 1950.
>>
File: pepe wut.jpg (27KB, 493x493px) Image search: [Google]
pepe wut.jpg
27KB, 493x493px
So global warming is real or not?
Never dig into the subject honestly.
>>
>>128147106
Muh morality
>>
>>128146932
You say you are studying the impact of Carbon emissions from Donald Drumpf's farts on Climate Change and it's effect on minority rights in regions where nonbinary and queer red spotted newts are found and why Obama should have been given a 3rd term.
>>
>>128143814
No that is not at all what they "basically did"
>>
>>128141929
>At a point and time the smartest people thought lobotomy worked and that the earth was flat

And some day in the future (if we have one) people will say the same thing about climate deniers.
>>
Fine here's an argument:

Fossil fuels come from fossils. Fossils are old plants. Plants are made of co2. It took hundreds of millions of years to store those fossil fuels. Octane is made of 8 carbon atoms, which turns into potentially 8 CO2 molecules when burned in oxygen. We are releasing millions of years of storage every few decades, heating up our atmosphere and oceans and destabilizing weather patterns.

That's why I think climate change is a problem, do a point-by-point argument to refute it and I'll decide climate change is not real .
I'm not going to watch some guy on YouTube either, I want you to discuss in your own words what is wrong with those ideas.

Its not just climate scientists that use climate data, paleontologists, farmers, and insurance companies use it too.
>>
>>128148053
Climate change is real. Otherwise there wouldn't have been an ice age. The degree to which we can control climate change is debatable. CO2 is a pretty weak greenhouse gas. I think it's pretty much a non factor for global warming, but it is a factor in oceanic acidification which I think will be a major problem.

Most of the oxygen on earth comes from Algae blooms and if the ocean becomes inhospitable to algae we're all fucked.
>>
>>128148595
Ice ages come from Jupiter and the sun making the earths axis wobble every few thousand years, its called precision, it has nothing to do with that the atmospheric make up
>>
>>128142170
>did they work?

Still do. We've progressed to a less intrusive chemical lobotomy though. Makes you complacent and short-sighted.
>>
Everybody with basic knowledge in chemistry and physics is able to comprehend why climate change is happening, that it´s happening very fast and that mankind is in fact responsible.

If you deny man made climate change you literally out yourself as monkey tier retard.
>>
>>128148777
I mean precession
>>
>create toxins that are dangerous to inhale and poison large parts of the world
>dude just ignore it lmao scientists have been wrong before
Really gets my noggin joggin
>>
>>128141929
Yeah but relying to the "opinion" of the smartest people is the best option
and also people in the past didn't have technology advanced enough to study the shape of the earth
>>
>>128142778
>>128147371
>>
>>128142349

No, precisely the opposite. Theye thought they had reached the Indies when they hit the Americas, because they knew the earth was round they correctly surmised travelling west meant they could find a route to the far east.
>>
>>128148918
>lol bro ride a bike to work and pay a carbon tax that'll fix everything
>>
>>128148480
Show me the actual data that hasn't been smoothed to fit the models? That's right the climate scientists will not release the hard data that has probably been skewed to fit the "model". You could easily weigh certain weather stations that have above avg temperatures differently to skew results. And that is what is actually happens. Scientists have to continuously back test their model and update the model to fit their perceived results. This leads me to believe that something isn't right with the model being used.

Additionally, do these models take into account solar activity? We have had some of the weakest sun spot activity in the past 10 years and as a result have had some pretty mild summers and winters. How much does this factor into the models? We just don't have the actual data to extrapolate the data back thousands and millions of years and say we have "trends". Taking 50 years of weather records and saying you have a model that forecasts the increase in temperatures is just straight up dumb because of the inevitable variations of results that will occur.
>>
>>128143414
To India holy fuck this is basic education they teach kids when they are 6.
>>
>>128148595
CO2 is just over examined. Deforestation and methane are big problems too. I'd rather just error on being wrong and alive.
>>
>>128148959

Not when they are paid to prove the validity of something rather than take an unbiased inspection of the evidence to see if it contradicts itself, thus being proven simply a theory with no factual evidence in reality.

There is a difference between an agenda that is set out to prove something and scientific experimentation to prove or disprove something.
>>
File: Tesla model GOAT.jpg (148KB, 1440x670px) Image search: [Google]
Tesla model GOAT.jpg
148KB, 1440x670px
>>128150341
>he's still a petrol babby

laughinggirls.jpeg
>>
File: 1409553371593.jpg (25KB, 635x460px) Image search: [Google]
1409553371593.jpg
25KB, 635x460px
>>128151253
>climate deniers totally aren't paid by oil execs, they are unbiased and have no hidden agenda
>meanwhile virtually every scientist in the world is part of an underground cabal paid by a world government that controls everything
>>
>>128150450
Ignore everything I asked to turn it into a scientific conspiracy about scientists being to stupid to factor in solar cycles, fresh.

You guys have been saying "what about solar cycles" for 30 years now, we get it, and the data shows its not solar cycles, its us dumping a bunch of excess gasses into the atmosphere.

You also couldn't even follow your own rain of thought, you started with saying that they are making up temperature numbers, then you say they are making up models to fit that data.

So according to you, all climate science consists of is making up bull shit numbers, then constantly adjusting a bull shit theory to account for the numbers they just made up? Why the hell would anyone do that for a job that pays like 40k a year?
>>
>>128152996
1) Model shows trend X should Happen
2) Data doesn't support Trend X
3) Adjust data to support Trend X
4) Profit????

Show me the raw data and not the smoothed data? Otherwise this is a valid assumption and will continue to fuel my skepticism
>>
>>128150450
>>128152996
Also, you think they are that dumb, but still somehow genius programmers that can design what ever algorithm they want, come up with new physics formulations to put into it, and still come up with a model that looks anything like resembling our earths atmosphere?

Maybe you just took to many red pills and fried your brain, that shit will turn you into a crack head yelling at teenagers on the street and stabbing random dudes if you're not careful.
>>
>>128147106
because killing someone is bad goy!
>>
>>128141929
No one is debating that global warming isn't there. We pulled out because giving rich warlords taxpayer money is not how you solve the problem.

I know you think everything can be solved by letting a Somalian fuck you in the ass. We don't/
>>
>>128153583
Shut up and address my first comment, the ball never left your court.

God damn I hate this country, I can't remember the last time someone had an original argument, just the same old throw up.
>>
>>128141929
are you seriously questioning me and insulting my intelligence? Are you kidding me? Global warming is a cold hard fact and to say it's not makes you an absolute idiot.
>>
What is the plan to avoid industrializing the entire planet as the population goes up?
>>
>>128142349
No Columbus was trying to find a better route to India for trade. The reason people doubted him was not because they thought the world was flat, but because is calculations were hilariously wrong. Columbus thought the Earth was much smaller than it actually was, while his critics believed it to be fairly close to the actually size. Had the Americas not been there, and it was all open ocean, he would have ran out of supplies.
>>
>>128147588
Yeah, ol Gally discovered it and the Church praised his work. Then he wanted to go tell everyone and the Church told him to hold off because contradicting what the church had taught for many years would make him seem like a nutter, so the church would slowly disseminate the information itself.

Galileo decided "fuck that" and told people anyway, they called him a liar and an angry mob formed, so the Church 'punished' him, by locking him up to protect him and then it took even longer for the church to convince people that he was correct.
>>
>>128141929
think I could pull this off solo?
>>
>>128142170
Read One Flew Over the Cuckoos' Nest
>>
File: EB_1911_Map_Fig_3.png (816KB, 1072x1064px) Image search: [Google]
EB_1911_Map_Fig_3.png
816KB, 1072x1064px
>>128149998
Yes, and? It goes far beyond the medieval period.
>After the 5th centuryBC, no Greek writer of repute thought the world was anything but round
>Pythagoras(6th centuryBC) was among those said to have originated the idea, but this may reflect the ancient Greek practice of ascribing every discovery to one or another of their ancient wise men
>Plato also taught his students that Earth was a sphere though he offered no justifications. "My conviction is that the Earth is a round body in the centre of the heavens, and therefore has no need of air or of any similar force to be a support"
>Aristotle provided physical and observational arguments supporting the idea of a spherical Earth. Every portion of the Earth tends toward the centre until by compression and convergence they form a sphere.
>According toStrabo, Crates devised aglobe representing theEarth, which is thus the earliest known globe representing the Earth.
>From its Greek origins, the idea of a spherical earth, along with much ofGreek astronomical thought, slowly spread across the globe and ultimately became the adopted view in all major astronomical traditions

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spherical_Earth
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crates_of_Mallus#
>>
File: Rosemary Kennedy.jpg (91KB, 736x1021px) Image search: [Google]
Rosemary Kennedy.jpg
91KB, 736x1021px
>>128147106
JFK's sister was lobotomized. Father ordered the operation because she was becoming rebellious (basically normal for anyone in puberty). Of course, the young woman's life was destroyed.
>>
>>128141929
Climate change is real, the argument is which countries in the world have the responsibility to stop it from progressing. If you ever go to India, China or S.E Asia you'll see how polluted their cities are, that's because they don't have clean air laws like Western countries do, these laws were implemented in the early 1970's.
>>
>>128142151

Exactly, lobotomies and flat earth are just an example of how retarded people rule the world by believing in retarded shit.
>>
>>128142801

That was Copernicus.
>>
>>128141929
It's not true anyway.

there are far more, and far more credible, scientists who disagree.
>>
>>128142425
>The treatment was vastly overused, though.

Like ADHD medication today, which also lobotomizes people.
>>
File: contribution_by_state.jpg (71KB, 1231x616px) Image search: [Google]
contribution_by_state.jpg
71KB, 1231x616px
>>128159257
the problem is that the two biggest contributors to carbon emissions (China and India) are contributing nothing to the Paris Accord financial pledge, meanwhile the USA was expected (Obama had said) to pledge $3bn, followed by Japan at $1.5bn, UK at $1.2bn, France, Germany both at $1bn, etc. Nowhere on the list is any contribution by India or China. THAT is why Trump said it was a bad deal for the USA. Not only the upfront cost to the slush fund, but the restrictions imposed by way of manufacturing restrictions.

I'll put it this way: I think climate change is real, but I think specifically the Paris Accord was a scam primarily designed by Merkel and the EU. Trump said he would be willing to renegotiate. If the climate aspect is really what's so important for the good of the planet, if it's really the morality and the ethics being discussed, then I'm sure they'll be able to negotiate a more fiscally viable deal for the Americans, and if they can't that certainly says a lot about their true motives.
>>
>>128160483

My argument against these global warming fascists has always been 'we're doing something here in the west to fix the problem of pollution, you want to make some real changes? go to India and China, go to the developing worlds and teach them cleaner ways to do things'.

I guess that's too hard, so they bitch here in the safety of the west so they can feel like they're accomplishing something by making the rest of us miserable.
>>
>>128142298
What a meme.. the middle ages marked a return for the flat earth belief, though the Greeks believed in a spherical earth, they believed in geocentrism, and Eratosthenes of Cyrene was not believed in his day because the round earth was at that time scientific heresy.

Read a book faggot
>>
>>128161595
>Read a book faggot
Why are people who say this always the least educated?
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.