/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vegetarianism

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_0038.jpg (38KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0038.jpg
38KB, 600x600px
What arguments are there against vegetarians?
>>
They're cucks.
>>
File: 1495496499575.png (16KB, 691x597px) Image search: [Google]
1495496499575.png
16KB, 691x597px
Man evolved eating meat and vegetables. We're omnivores.
>>
>>128063029
/thread
>>
>>128063029
Seems pretty low-energy to argue about what other people eat. Focus on jewish lizard-men.
>>
>>128063029
>we have kanines for tearing meat
>good source of protein
>animals taste yummy

If something hasn't died for my dinner? Then it's not dinner
>>
>>128063029
If they aren't skilled at cooking and well-studied on nutrition, they should not be a vegetarian. Also, something like 50% of "vegetarians" eat meat while drunk.
>>
>>128064296
>we have kanines for tearing meat

Use a knife you fucking autist.
>>
>>128063029

Meat is fucking delicious. Soy can never ever emulate it properly.
>>
>>128063029
vegetarianism is a lot like castration. There are a lot of personal and social benefits to doing it, but personally I just want to keep my balls.
>>
>>128064844
Such a childish response. It's like saying "but I want it!"" and stamping your foot when told something is off limits.
>>
>>128065407

I don't eat seafood. It doesn't appeal to me.

Should I be throwing bitch fits at people who do?
>>
>>128064763
Haven't renewed my licence
>>
>>128063029
Stop hurting the plants.
>>
>>128063029
None. Humans can eat whatever they want. We are the apex predator
>>
>>128065407
Yes, in the mind, but I have the strength and intelligence of an adult, and I will make it mine through my own will, something a child couldn't hope to accomplish. How's that cuck?
>>
>>128063029
They get 1/10th the protein they need and will always be inferior to omnivores since we evolved as omnivores. Note your pointy canine teeth. Those are only for meat.
>>
>>128063029
>meat tastes better
>slightly easier nutrition attainment

those are about the only 2 reasons in favor of eating meat, and they are not that convincing.
>>
Also, who's to say plants aren't aware just as animals are? I think it's a bias if perspective to just assume plants dont have the capacity to communicate, think, and feel.. they just do it on a much slower timescale and in ways that are completely alien to us. Plants cooperate across species lines against predators, corn plants emit a subsonic clicking noise which other corn plants grow towards, and trees can redistribute water and nutrients to other trees in the forest through a network of fungal strands.

Vegans and vegetarians think they aren't harming anything, but plants are alive too. Plants are more like us than most would care to admit.
>>
>>128063029
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNkc1dfKoMU
>>
there's no way to get enough protein for muh gainz
>>
>>128068205
No, it's not that its 'easier nutrition', it's that you do not get sufficient protein to be healthy, and that protein comes with shitloads of phytoestrogen.
>>
>>128068438
There is literally no logical response to this from vegetarians, they just brush it off and try to belittle it, but there is no viable counterargument.
>>
Why it would be on our best interest to stop being omnivorous?
>>
>>128068438
Plant do in fact objectively communicate with each other and sometime insects. Though without a nervous system, there's not thinking going on.
>>
>>128069219
Without a nervous system AS WE KNOW IT

Remember, plants and animals would have split long before multicellularity, so any centralized consideration organ would have developed independently. I'd wager if it exists it would be in the portion of the root closest to the surface. There is some very rudimentary evidence to this effect.
>>
>>128068755
You need very little protien to be healthy so thats a myth. And phytoestrogen has no effect in mammals are system just flushes it. Unlike the estrogen you get when eating meat which can cause weight gain and gyno. Im not a vegan. But half the shit in this thread is broscience
>>
>>128068978
>>128068438

The difference is a nervous system you thick cunts.
>>
>>128065407
It's not childish because no argument needs to be made. I eat meat because I like it and it's the easiest way to consume complete protein and other essential fats as well as minerals. Humans have been eating meat since our existence and are apex predators.
>>
File: 881492.png (347KB, 680x432px) Image search: [Google]
881492.png
347KB, 680x432px
>>128063029

There are no real arguments against it. It's objectively better in every way.
>>
File: IMG_8235.jpg (259KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8235.jpg
259KB, 1024x1024px
You will need to find a way to get healthy cholesterol and fatty lipids. Or your brain will deteriorate into that of an elderly person with demensia. Also be ok with being a smug cunt that enjoys the whiff of your own farts
>>
>>128069697
Smoke less weed
>>
>>128070162
>You need very little protein to be healthy.
If you want to be a pathetic skinny fat numale I guess
>>
>>128063029
>What arguments are there against vegetarians?

Plants are people too!
>>
>>128068978
The logical response is nothing he said is supported by evidence or our current understanding of biology. We have no reason to believe plants think or feel anything. Saying they could means nothing its like saying maybe LSD actually connects our mind to the 4th dimension and we just dont understand it yet.
>>
>>128070174
Maybe you should try using yours. Animals and plants had an evolutionary split prior to the rise of multicellularity.

There is no reason two vastly different roles for two vastly different organisms would necessitate the development of organs exactly the same. Plants do have a kind of nervous system, we just fail to recognize it as such because it is very different from ours. It's in the roots.
>>
>>128070448
Even just a regular guy only needs a gram for every 2 lbs he weighs. Only ppl who need huge amounts of protien are athletes who wish to hold superfluous amounts of muscle. In which case steroids work better.
>>
>>128070959
Relying on ignorance of an organism isnt equivalent to relying on evidence. We still have no proof that they feel or think snything.
>>
>>128070682
There is actually quite a bit of evidence but is current dogma to think otherwise, and as such is career suicide to try and prove otherwise.

Here's some basic bitch stuff
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plant_perception_(physiology)

Do some digging yourself, you might be surprised
>>
>>128071329
Well no direct evidence that they think anything.. they definitely feel things, and you know jack shit about plants if you don't know that

See here for some basic shit
>>128071379
>>
I am fine if you are a vegetarian but I am going to continue to eat meat.
>>
Technically you are what you eat.

>Plants eat sun, earth and air
>Cows eat plants
>People eat cows

Cows are plants because that's what they eat. I am drunk because that's what I eat. OP is a faggot because he eats cock.
>>
>>128071548
When i said feel i meant emotionally
>>
File: 1482523114512.jpg (75KB, 750x732px) Image search: [Google]
1482523114512.jpg
75KB, 750x732px
>>128071814

Flawless logic as always, straya.
>>
>>128063029
You guys smell; just stay away from me
>>
>>128072375
Well to be fair that sort of 'feel' is really too subjective to nail down in a scientific sense.. most biologists don't believe anything but humans have emotions even though obviously they do. However this is changing, and there are studies about it now, for 300 years at least you would have been laughed at in a derisive manner for suggesting a chicken could be sad

How do you know it isn't the same for plants? Only history can tell.
>>
>>128072991
Honesly chickens are so stupid they probably dont feel emetions. Iirc chickens are one of the least intelligent warm blooded species in the world only marginally more intelligent than a reptile. Whereas things lime chimps and dogs show obvious signs of emotional distress over loved ones
>>
>>128063029
Not enough (fertile) land on the planet to feed you veggie munchers if everyone was living that way.
>>
>>128065407
All your luxuries can be treated that way to, britbong.
>>
>>128074487
Actually in recent years there have been some marginal studies about the emotional states of chickens.. I've been presented this as an argument for vegetarianism.. all I'm saying is if a fucking chicken can have feelings, there has to be something for a huge forest of thousands of trees networked together by miles of fungal strands..
>>
Meat tastes good
>>
>>128067803
whites are the apex predator.
>>
>>128075032
But all cannibals are black or hispanic. Really makes you think.
>>
File: HELLLOoooooOoOoooooOOOO.jpg (32KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
HELLLOoooooOoOoooooOOOO.jpg
32KB, 300x300px
>>128063029
vegs taste like shit and we ALL know it

stop lying to yourselves, it's embarrassing
>>
Plants are living sentient beings!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMTSmaR40z4
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.