[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I challenge climate change deniers to watch this video and r

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 259
Thread images: 32

File: gw.jpg (92KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gw.jpg
92KB, 1920x1080px
I challenge climate change deniers to watch this video and refute the points. It's only 7 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWXoRSIxyIU&t=8s
>>
Good video. Trump is ok on a lot of things, but he's simply wrong about climate change.

And his actions might doom us all.
>>
>>128042265
Challenge Accepted.
>>
>>128042514

>I'm not hyperbolizing

You guys are just a modern doomsday cult. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>128042265
>climate change deniers
No one in the world denies that climate change is a thing , the only thing people debate about is if it's man-made or natural.
>>
>>128042265
>>128042818
>>
>>128042265
>nature was in balance before the eebul hoomans interfered with it

i wish whoever came up with this stupid meme have a burning petrol enema
>>
>>128042818
A doomsday cult tries to accelerate doomsday. Like the people who think the Rapture is coming and want to make it come faster.

People who want to avoid a doomsday are just normal people.
>>
Some balding kike.
Didn't make it to the end, sorry.
>>
>>128042265
Didn't watch. Call me when you can produce a model that actually predicts things.
>>
I challenge you to refute for every single unit of carbon dioxide that man puts into the atmosphere, nature puts 24 units of carbon dioxide into the air. (The Valentine's Day Surprise - PR Newswire).
>>
>>128042265
I realize most users here have never earned a degree, let alone a STEM degree, and aren't scientists. Nevertheless any idiot with a 3 digit IQ can understand the following:

>carbon isotopes
>their half lives
>their ratios
>how said ratios have changed over time

The science behind anthropogenic climate change is far more solid than any conspirafag's half-cocked ideas.
>>
viral marketing at its finest
>>
File: 04_22_17 @9_16_05.png (407KB, 1224x856px) Image search: [Google]
04_22_17 @9_16_05.png
407KB, 1224x856px
1 misconception about global warming
>>
>>128044131
>>128044078
>>128043777
So climate change deniers are so afraid of opposing evidence they can't even watch a 7 minute video
>>
File: notgonnamakeit.jpg (50KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
notgonnamakeit.jpg
50KB, 720x540px
>>128042265
Lets see, climate alarmists have been at this since the late 60s. They have been making predictions that its all over in 10 years and it never happens. They wait a year after it doesn't happen, then say "oh this other horrible thing is going to happen in another 10 years". They have never been right, not once. None of this end of the world 2012 style fear mongering ever occurs. And half the time it's the same people making these predictions. They are like cult leaders that don't have the decency to predict the end well after their death. But this time they have it right guys I promise.
>>
>>128044563
you haven't refuted any of the points made in the video, you're just making up reasons to dismiss them out of hand.
>>
>>128044736
I don't need to, I simply don't believe anything they say anymore.
>>
>>128044945
You need to understand what the evidence for climate change is before you decide it's not true, otherwise your opinion is formed in ignorance.
>>
>>128044945
To add how about they get off their high horse with their "points" and first predict something correctly in regards to the world's climate. Then we will listen to what they have to say.
>>
>>128042265
It's not about denying evidence, it's about not giving a shit about the consequences.

Climate agreements are just progressive redistribution programs anyway. It's not like this is going to kill renewable energy.
>>
>>128045114
Again show me evidence that they can predict climate change. Since the inception of this global climate catastrophe fear mongering not once have they been right.
>>
>>128045195
The predictions have been pretty accurate so far. you'd know if you watched the video.
>>
File: 1472949891365.jpg (241KB, 500x693px) Image search: [Google]
1472949891365.jpg
241KB, 500x693px
>>128045325
>Netherlands isn't underwater
How will Al Gore ever recover
>>
Climate change and pollution won't end as long as China, India, and every third world country keep up their ways.
Everything we try to do is undone by them quicker than we can try another thing. It doesn't matter.
>>
>>128045362
really which one, that we would be out of oil in 10 years, they said that back in the 70s, or the one were we would be a burning hell by the 90s, they said that in the 80s, or how they said florida wouldn't exist by the year 2000 in the 90s?
>>
>>128042265
>1) Climate change
Changing the name to match the observations, because the hypothesis does not match the results is called... Lying.

>2) Global Warming, 3) Global Cooling, 4) Earth is cooling
Correlation is not causation

5) Sea level Increase
Okay, this one is pure bullshit puesdo science. They are arguing that due to temperature rise the surface area of the ocean is expanding because the water is being displaced. It would take a 15°c increase to cause enough displacement to move the global coast line 3 meters, if you calculate the volume for the first 100 meters of water by the entire area of the ocean. BULLSHIT.

6) Sun getting brighter
>It was, it's not anymore.
So during the time it was why wasn't there a substantial change in weather patterns? This would be an ideal model for testing the affect on an global increase in temperature.

7) CO2
Feeds plants, more CO2 means better environment for plants. Backed by NASA.

8) Volcanoes
Stupid argument to begin with on both sides. Volcanoes release a shit ton of gases of all types, not just C02. When dealing with Man Made Global Warming, they should be left out. The earth will fuck itself over because it does not care about the parasites on it's back. It is just concerned with Physics and Entropy.

9) Water green house gas
Water vapor increases precipitation and changes arid regions into plain lands. California can thank Poseidon for all that rain this year.

10) Predictions fail 11) Warming trends 12) CO2 Lags behind the temperature rise
>Correlation is not causation
>Adjusting predictions to match results
It's called fraud.

13) Warming not bad.
There will always be climate change, even without people. The best thing we could have ever done is not build huge water front cities. However, industry requires waterfront property for shipping. This brings in jobs, which brings in people.
>>
Nobody's managed to refute a single point in the video so far.

Climate change deniers really can't stand up to actual evidence, can they?
>>
>>128045655
>correlation is not causation

but as stated in the video, measurements of carbon 13 isotopes shows humans are responsible for the CO2 increase

That's a pretty clear causation
>>
>>128045659
Again your guy is making assertions that have never come to pass also see >>128045655
>>
>>128045114
What percentage of climate change is done by humans and what percentage is naturally occurring? Legit question here, not trolling. That seems to be the crux of the argument.
>>
>>128042265
You have been disproven years ago, and continue to get BTFO on every scientific issue. Why do you shills think you are going to win the information war just by spamming retarded lies to us? That's not how intelligence works. It might work for niggers and spics, but it isn't working for the white users here. Give it up, you will be executed for these lies in time.
>>
>>128046327
No one really knows, and in any case it is not having this world ending affect climate change pushers have calmed it will.
>>
>>128046520
claimed*
>>
>>128042265
>a doubling of CO2 would increase temperature by 1 degree celsius. But that warming means there are more water vapor in the atmosphere (...) it's a positive feedback loop

show me the evidence for this positive feedback loop and I'll support CO2 taxes
>>
>>128045659
Guy above you destroyed your ridiculous points and reveled just how small your brain and genitalia is. You have nothing beta.
>>
>>128045659
At the risk of replying to a bait thread...
1) The video assumes the 780 GT absorption capacity of earth is static, there's no reason to believe that plants won't absorb increased CO2 along with the temperature rise. In fact, this is used to supplement weed grows for about 30% more yield.
2) The video mentions milankovich cycles, but I believe the same cycle is what caused the 70s papers to say the earth was due for cooling - which means we're neutralizing that cooling effect
3) This is just bad science on the videos part - an additional 2 degrees celsius come from various "positive feedback loops" that aren't well explained, and many of those such loops exist in the opposite direction (see #1)
4) The video makes light of the actual problem with increased co2 in the atmosphere, which is ocean acidification and causes massive loss of coral species, which are responsible for a large amount of the world food supply indirectly because of large fish using reefs as spawning grounds. This problem is easily solvable but is conflated into the whole "climate" debate instead of the simple solution of privatizing the reefs.
5) Why is it better for species on earth if its colder? Nothing except penguins and polar bears live at the poles, whereas adding an extra 10 degrees of space opens up a ton of canada and russia as arable farm land. It also makes a wider equatorial belt for rainforests, and would increase global agricultural yields (see #1). So fuck the penguins and polar bears; it's not as if this would be the first time humans cause a species to go extinct.
>>
File: 1491529583527.jpg (128KB, 884x666px) Image search: [Google]
1491529583527.jpg
128KB, 884x666px
>excepting trumples to refute anything
As long as factories and blue collar unions are TREMENDOUS it's all good. Either that or chinese/jewish/globalist/marxist hoax.
>>
>>128047031
>This problem is easily solvable but is conflated into the whole "climate" debate instead of the simple solution of privatizing the reefs.
I'm curious, what does this means exactly? How do you solve ocean acidification?
>>
>>128042514
Ehh, him potentially killing 15 million women in Africa would probably even it out
>>127855134
>>
>>128047343
Around the reef and inside the rocks you create a cathode for redox reactions to occur, that makes it easier for the coral invertebrates to calcify their skeletons out of calcium in the seawater because of the changed electrical potential. I think the trade name is BioRock, but it's basically a big metal structure with electricity applied to it, and it helps corals to grow even in more acidic water. But you need a reason for people to want to spend that money, and that only comes from privatizing it for eco-tourism, aquarium trade, etc. etc.
>>
>>128046018
The website he sites, ipcc, sites "Francey et al., 1995", which shows that nearly half of the 13c is from the biosphere. While the ipcc states that it is easy to differentiate, the chart presented does not do so.

Because they are selling a product, and that product is their science which they need to be sellable to feed their families. The science community is FUCKED up in that regard. Just google fake Science journals.

The problem is consumption of the data. In order to peer review the data, you need to be a scientist. Any scientist that stands up to IPCC gets black listed.
>>
>>128046520
Ok... well if no one knows then may I suggest we work on figuring out how to accurately predict this shit before we base policy on it? Surely someone has a track record of being right about this. Maybe we should open a betting pool. If you can accurately predict the average ocean temperature 10 years out (I'll let a scientist pick the parameters so it's meaningful) then we make you the lead on the climate change policy advising council or whatever. Why are we arguing this?
>>
I live in landlocked country so I am safe from sea level rise and we probably can get some pipes bringing seawater from what’s left of Poland for desalinization so all will be most likely fine for my nation.
>>
>>128042265
It would be easier for me to just direct you to,.............wwwwdot Climatedepot.com
>>
>>128045600
avoiding good argument and new data with strawman. low energy.
>>
>>128043729
Gets kinda old when you people keep saying it's coming, meanwhile the 60's, 70's,80's, 90's etc keep coming and nothing changes.
>>
>>128042265

Al gore only needs 10 trillion to stop climate change.

Thats a small price to pay to not die.
>>
File: 1471132894071.jpg (163KB, 1103x674px) Image search: [Google]
1471132894071.jpg
163KB, 1103x674px
>>128042265
No one denies climate change, its global warming and the constant conflation of the the numerous flavor of the month terms libshits use to simply confuse people into blindly believing whatever bullshit they are pushing. Weren't we supposed to be out of oil years ago? What about Al Gore and the melted Ice Caps of 2001? You can go on and on and on about this shit, failed prophecies left and right. and people still listen to these doomsayers as if its gospel.
>>
>>128045655
>Feeds plants, more CO2 means better environment for plants. Backed by NASA.

Sure, but you aren't a plant, friend. A lot of things aren't plants.
>>
File: thermometer.png (67KB, 639x366px) Image search: [Google]
thermometer.png
67KB, 639x366px
>>128042265
>>
File: 1.png (174KB, 429x377px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
174KB, 429x377px
>>128042265
i'm going to listen to this fucking 7 minute touhou song, which sounds exactly like hundreds of others, instead of watching your video
and its still a better use of my time
>>
>>128049672
But plants are beneficial because..pay attention now... they store CO2 and release oxygen. Holy crap, two things I fucking love about plants that both balance out the fucking equation.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_RuverrEZ4
>>
>>128045655
>Changing the name to match the observations, because the hypothesis does not match the results is called... Lying.
not really. it's all PR. so dumbasses can't spout dumb shit like
>muh snow
it's still warming.

>It would take a 15°c increase to cause enough displacement to move the global coast line 3 meters
>15°c
you are literally this retarded. stopped reading. have a nice day.
>>
hotter -> more clouds -> net change in global temperature from more clouds is absolutely negative

we'll be cooling about half a degree celsius over the next 50 years

sources: NASA and 4.5 billion years of our floating rock in space's history

>kys immediately op
>>
>>128050699
no one gives a fuck what you think, austria
this is probably remnant greeny environmentalism from when your boy adolph was in charge
fuck off thanks
>>
>>128050699
>15°c

Do the fucking math. I'll wait.
>>
>>128046424

l a r p
a
r
p
>>
>>128044537
Nah, I just trust my diss/research advisor over some random shill online and some youtube kid.
>>
>>128051304
the math on what?
do you have any idea what 15°c change would do to the world?

immigrants would be the least of your problems.
>>
>>128042265
No
>>
>>128047031
funny how OP didn't respond to this post or the other two with valid points
>>
>>128042818
this
>>
>>128042265
Does it address the failure of models that assumed the heating would lead to a positive feedback loop with the ocean releasing CO2?
>>
>>128051890
The math on the volume of water change based on heat increase. That is what the video was arguing about at one point. Of course we would all die if the temperature rose 15°c, but a 1°c change would not be enough to have any impact on the surface area of the ocean.

That is my point, it would kill us all way before the water expanded enough to do any damage, due to the heat.
>>
>>128051890
pic related if a 10 degree rise happens
anwhere with a wet bulb > 35 degrees is literally uninhabitable.
>>
>>128051304
this
>>
>>128042265
I challenge you to tell me why no feasible solutions are being proposed by the people who profit on either side of the fence.
>>
>>128051890
>any idea what 15°c change would do to the world?
Bountiful paradise outside the equatorial zone?
>>
>>128042265
Everyone keeps blaming CO2.

But their whole argument is focused on how it absorbs and re-emits heat, but it would have to emit that heat in all directions, not just back down to the planet.

If anything, it should help to cool the planet.
>>
>>128042265
maybe if you supposed clean energy zealots would quit using "biofuel", aka wood, we'd have some trees to consume this stuff

burning wood is the leading clean energy source. how it got to be considered a clean energy will stump future scholars.
>>
>>128052390
That's a lot of habitable land that just opened up in Canada and Russia.
>>
>>128045659
What percentage of climate change is human caused and what percentage is naturally occurring?
>>
>>128047031
>1) The video assumes the 780 GT absorption capacity of earth is static, there's no reason to believe that plants won't absorb increased CO2 along with the temperature rise. In fact, this is used to supplement weed grows for about 30% more yield.

How about the fact they haven't absorbed the excess CO2 to prevent the rise from 280ppm to 410ppm?

>2) The video mentions milankovich cycles, but I believe the same cycle is what caused the 70s papers to say the earth was due for cooling - which means we're neutralizing that cooling effect

Generally Scientists in the 70's did not believe the cooling effect (global dimming), although this debate did happen

http://journals.ametsoc.org/doi/abs/10.1175/2008BAMS2370.1

here is a source

>3) This is just bad science on the videos part - an additional 2 degrees celsius come from various "positive feedback loops" that aren't well explained, and many of those such loops exist in the opposite direction (see #1)

True, we do not know enough about feedbacks. However, we can observe past events in earths history and have no reason to believe that increase CO2 would have some sort of negative feedback to offset it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Permian%E2%80%93Triassic_extinction_event

85% mass extinction of life caused by CO2 rises from the Siberian Traps. No negative feedbacks to outweight the positive feedback

>4) The video makes light of the actual problem with increased co2 in the atmosphere, which is ocean acidification and causes massive loss of coral species, which are responsible for a large amount of the world food supply indirectly because of large fish using reefs as spawning grounds. This problem is easily solvable but is conflated into the whole "climate" debate instead of the simple solution of privatizing the reefs.

How does privatising the reefs prevent acidification from atmospheric carbon?

will get to 5
>>
>>128042265
Climate change is real.
Paris accord was a farce. Would have forced cucking of us industry and in exchange China would be allowed to continue dumping carbon and poison into the biosphere.

All this would have done is benefit special interests and foreign companies at the expense of further industrial erosion in the US. It's cancer and it should be canceled.

Fucking kike globalists need to wake up and learn that we are not going to take it up the ass anymore. You want a climate agreement that's fine but EVERYBODY will play by the same rules or NOBODY will get shit out of us.

Fuck off already shills
>>
>>128052611
No, the heat would preferentially flow toward less heated areas.
>>
>>128042265
nobody denies it its more about if the west can actually do anything without china offsettting them instantly
>>
>>128045655
I'm all for your rebuttal but

>CO2 feeds plants it must be good!

Mars has 98% CO2 in it's atmosphere. Too much of anything can be bad m8
>>
>>128047031
>5) Why is it better for species on earth if its colder? Nothing except penguins and polar bears live at the poles, whereas adding an extra 10 degrees of space opens up a ton of canada and russia as arable farm land. It also makes a wider equatorial belt for rainforests, and would increase global agricultural yields (see #1). So fuck the penguins and polar bears; it's not as if this would be the first time humans cause a species to go extinct.

Come on.
Some land in Canada and the Arctic becoming thawed does not offset the whole of Africa, most of Asia and most of South America collapsing.

Also, soil takes a long time to become arable. Siberia cannot be farmed as soon as permafrost melts. Permafrost also releases gigatons of methane which increases warming. This is undesirable.

How do you think the majority of the planets people living in the now fucked regions will react to this?

They will migrate. Some of this countries have nuclear weapons.

>t's not as if this would be the first time humans cause a species to go extinct.

This is just a disgusting attitude to take. We need the Biosphere.
>>
>>128045655
Is this the power of American education?
>>
>>128053177
Not all of it would be radiated via convection. A good deal would be radiated as infrared radiation aimed outside the planet.
>>
Too little, too late, too many baguettes to swallow.

Besides, the pollution we spare on our ground, is produced in China and travels the oceans.
So the problem is not the Paris cuckgreement, but rather the skizofrenic capitalism we live in.
>>
>>128047031
>there's no reason to believe that plants won't absorb increased CO2 along with the temperature rise
What about CO2 concentrations increasing by two thirds?
>>
>>128042265
There's literally no evidence that man made emissions are the main cause of climate change. It's entirely possible that the planet is going through a normal warming cycle which are well documented in history. These warming cycles usually also lead to mini-ice ages which science also agrees is coming and will last 20 years or so. What will liberals blame the cold weather on then? Probably some bullshit about chemicals in the ocean.
>>
>>128042265
The earth is flat gtfo believing in myths that the earth is ACTUALLY ROUND KEK
>>
>>128053683
It would be radiated isotropically. If there should be an infrared-reflecting layer above the CO2, all of that part of the heat wouldn't make it to space.
>>128053570
It's perfectly exemplary of a system of education generating cogs for machines rather than big-picture thinkers.
>>
>>128042265
I challenge you to describe climate and why you think it doesn't change.
>>
>>128053860
The co2 levels were 20 times higher in the jurassic.
>>
Pretty thorough video tbqh
I blame overpopulation and modernity
>>
File: 1496270052132.png (54KB, 398x398px) Image search: [Google]
1496270052132.png
54KB, 398x398px
>>128045114
you look like Tesla's hispanic freak accident child.
>>
>>128053382
It's a different planet. Apples to Oranges. Water is good to drink, but if you drink 100 gallons a day, you're going to poison yourself and have your brain swell.

>>128053570
Did I do well? Just trying to refute the points playing devils advocate.
>>
>>128054169
>If there should be an infrared-reflecting layer above the CO2, all of that part of the heat wouldn't make it to space.
Nothing reflects infrared 100%. What would be above it that would reflect anything?

>big-picture thinkers.

Oh jeeze kiddo.
>>
>>128052611
That's now how the science works. The sun's light enters earth's atmosphere as a short-wave radiation. Once it's absorbed, it is re-emitted as heat, a long-wave radiation. The CO2 does not stop short-wave radiation but it does stop long-wave radiation. The idea is that the energy enters as short-wave radiation but can't leave as long-wave radiation. That's the idea anyway.
>>
File: global warming.jpg (235KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
global warming.jpg
235KB, 1080x1080px
>>128042265
>climate change is real, trust me goyim
>meanwhile in russia
>coldest May since 80s
>>
>>128052606
Humans endured a 15 degree climate change just 13,000 years ago. Was probably the Liberal Democrats that made the transition possible, tho.
>>
>>128046327
They can't answer that question so it's just a virtue signaling industry.

Sonewhere between 0% and insignificant%
>>
>>128054286

Humans could not live in the Jurassic
>>
Hjjjjr I don't understand what the logarithmic maximum of carbon dioxide green house effect is but let me make a stupid fucking video pretending to understand the subject I know nothing about.
>>
>>128053929
When it starts getting cold again, they'll pull out the predictions they all made in the 70's and 80's about the "global freeze" we're causing and say SEE? WE TOLD YOU!!
Then their mascot irrelevant animal to mine pity from dumbass women will switch from polar bears to Galapagos turtles or some shit.
>>
>>128044202
Yes, I understand what radioactive decay is. That doesn't make a case for climate change at all. What the fuck is your point exactly? Do you have one? Or are you just trying to sound smart.
>>
>>128042265
>>128042265
1. Wrong, straw-man fallacy.
2. Wrong. Extensive questions exist regarding the temperature record and the comparisons between years rely on badly normalized data from different sources. Datasets relying on satellite collection are only available for the most recent decades, evidence from manual collection shows likely warmer periods in the 30's and 50's. Minor warming over two decades is neither unusual nor alarming. To prove causation using that limited post-1979 data we'd have to see similar corresponding temperature data rises in previous decades, mapped to increases in carbon production. The record from those decades does not show that correlation.
3. The "number" of papers predicting one thing or another is not a valid substantive comparison. This is an absurd 'debunk' and is intellectually dishonest. The quality and significance of those papers is what is more important and the historical documentation shows that the "scientific consensus" was for cooling in the early/mid-70's, much like what we see today.
4. Hilarious. The temperature shows it's cooling, ok, but that doesn't mean the temperature is cooling. This genius fails to understand that while the total global temperature number may be up or down, it does not mean much for any particular area such as Greenland, where it may be warmer. This is normal atmospheric temperature fluctuation as observed by humans for eons. Absurd and discrediting statement.
5. Arctic sea ice increasing - yes, the uptick breaks the trend, faggot. That's why it is important - it fails to correlate with carbon production and wrecks your gay models.
6. The sun is responsible for warming. Claims the brightness of the sun is only thing that indicates sun’s effect on earth’s atmosphere. OK Bud.
>>
>>128055289
7. The “balance” is a result of the atmosphere balancing itself. Who is to say that it is not doing the exact same thing in response to human increase in carbon output? Numbers in chart are misleading.
8. A large volcanic eruption can single-handedly BTFO those numbers and wreck the climate world-wide for years. This has been recorded several times in human history. Interestingly, each time temperatures and climate seem to have returned to normal after a two-three year adjustment period.
9. Water vapor feedback loop is almost entirely discredited. In his attempt to refute this he admits that “doubling co2 increases temp about 1c” which is not a big deal. Lol.
10. Predictions did fail, then the advocates for the theory went back and fudged the models to fit data better. It was on the news, didn’t you hear that?
11. Past temperature changes on Earth are localized - we have no global temperature records for the entire planet going back eons. The cute, neat chart, shows temperature and carbon fluctuations in a part of northern Greenland. By any scientific standard, this does not allow one to make conclusions about global temperature nor carbon’s effect, merely that in Greenland, this pattern exists.
12. Skipping this one because it actually works against their own theory. Lol.
13. Global temperature fluctuations are a normal function of the earth’s atmosphere. We must adapt rather than try to fight it or perish like civilizations past who were victims of changing climate.
>>
>>128045362
Don't forget how Al Gore said there would be no polar bears in ten years time and now we have record numbers of them.
>>
>>128042265
Oh hey its another leftist who thinks their opinion matters.

Facts>Feelings
>>
>>128054611
That's not how heat works.
>>
>>128054989
Yes they could. The oxygen wasn't that thick.
>>
>>128042265
No one fucking denies climate change, how fucking hard is it for you liberal numbskulls to understand this? I swear you people are brainwashed and in a science cult and can't think for yourself, no one wanted this because no one wants to pay a carbon tax and have our country foot crazy bills, aka lubing up our countries asshole to be anally raped. But it makes sense because all leftists are complete faggots that would rather roll over and virtue signal rather than stand up to the powers that be.
>>
>>128042265

The video ends with him saying "I'm not saying there's going to be any gigantic catastrophe".

That's the bullshit part for me. Every mainstream narrative is that we're completely fucked for ever and nothing will ever be the same.

I'm yet to see any source that clearly explains how even a 3 degree change on average, if it happens, will simply destroy nature as a whole.

I'm not sure if OP or people here have degrees in STEM, but the notion that you can throw an entire planet off balance by changing 3 degrees on average is completely retarded to me.

And the video, rather than addressing this, simply says the same. There's no strong evidence to show any cataclysm is about to happen if I don't recycle my trash.

I believe in climate change, but I think it's blown way out of proportion for economic reasons.

I'll be very surprised if in 50 years from now their tone has completely changed into some new shit.
>>
>>128053382
Mars's average temperature is also about -55C, so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.
>>
>>128042265
>7 minutes
If I don't take the time to throw a bottle in the recycling I ain't taking the time to watch this assfuck.

This comment is already too much of a waste of my time.
>>
>>128049672
We eat plants, or eat things that eat plants....
>>
>>128042265
Who gives a fuck?
13,000 years ago, where I am sitting and typing this thought was under 2 miles of ice.
13,000 years from now, it might be under 2 miles of water.
If it happens gradually, my people will react, adapt accordingly, and take the safe land from the kikes and niggers in the promised land who now control it.
If it happens rapidly, my people will react, adapt accordingly, and take the safe land from the kikes and niggers in the promised land who now control it.
Now amount of fear mongering or cultural subversion will be able to prevent the wrath of the superior genetics from securing a future for their offspring.
The only people who give a fuck about this NOW are fags (no genetic future); trannies (no genetic future); and women--who will instinctively fall inline behind the alphas securing a future for their offspring, regardless of skin color, political beliefs, religious creed, etc.
The world is a dangerous place, we all know that. It's climate is hostiles. We all know that too. We're just done paying the jew tax out of guilt, and we're readying ourselves for a frenzied, militaristic land grab.
>>
File: godzilla_eatit.gif (714KB, 300x161px) Image search: [Google]
godzilla_eatit.gif
714KB, 300x161px
>>128046705
Ding.
>>
File: OverYourHead.png (2KB, 154x188px) Image search: [Google]
OverYourHead.png
2KB, 154x188px
>>128046018
The question is not weather humans increased co2 it is weather co2 increased the temperature.
>>
>>128042265
If you get to put the blame of a storm or flooding on man made climate change, then i get to put the blame of ww1 and ww2 on jews.
>>
>>128042514
Shill detected
>>
>>128056322
>If it happens gradually, my people will react, adapt accordingly, and take the safe land from the kikes and niggers in the promised land who now control it.
Will they though. Have you checked your team lately? ALWAYS CHECK YOUR TEAM!
>>
>>128050066
Nice chart
>>
>>128056084
>I believe in climate change, but I think it's blown way out of proportion for economic reasons.
Fear is the easiest way to get people to give you $$$. The agenda has changed multiple times since I was old enough to understand it all. First it was global warming, we're going to become venus with acid rain and shit. I remember learning so much about acid rain as a child thinking it was going to be a huge deal, it never materialized because the narrative had begun changing to,

Ozone Layer. God, remember this bullshit? How we were hours away at all times from the arctic from melting because of this "massive hole". Did we ever get real evidence of this hole? Could anyone see it? Nope, just force fed it through news stations for years until the narrative changed again to,

Climate change. This is where we're at now but it's been a while and things are beginning to move again towards the next big fear monger tactic. Smart money is on how the oceans are going to kill us, probably some big desalinization campaign and tell people to dump salt into the ocean when they visit it.

>1 can of Salt is 1 more day on earth!

I swear to fuck it's coming.
>>
>>128049435

>Negroid halfling is american and hating on england

Fuck
>>
>>128042869
You must be new here.
>>
>>128052390
most of that +35 area is already uninhabitable.
>>
>>128044563
Nobody says that the world is going to end, or that it is going to end in 10 years, stop pulling shit out of you arse moron.
>>
>>128057140

The worst part is like. The first thing I do whenever someone tells me shit about climate change is asking if they know how the average "global temperature" is measured.

I'm yet to see a single person, scientist or not, that can explain that to me. I've read a lot of sources myself, and saying that this "global temperature" would change by 3 degrees says absurdly little about what could happen locally to places.

It makes you think that every place on earth will be 3 degrees warmer, but that's completely wrong and retarded.

And yeah, now that you mention it, I do remember learning a lot about acid rain as a kid and being terrified of my skin melting when it rained in the future. I also remember the ozone shit, and how they don't talk about it anymore.
>>
>>128057560
Climate scientists make like, 30 different predictions for the future and then when one of them is close to reality, they claim they "knew it all along". It's all bunk science with as much rigor as economic forecasting. In other words, junk.

If you think I'm wrong, predict the weather in 10 years with ONE guess, and if you're right I'll let you fuck my sweet boi pucci all night long.
>>
>>128057729
You know, this is a good point. I don't think I've ever heard someone explain how Global Temperature is measured. I've never asked though but I'm curious. Is at an average?
>>
>>128042265
As a long time Trump supporter I agree, Trump has lost his mind and will destroy us all for not accepting this deal.

We can't let him get his hands on the weather machine codes!
>>
>>128057729
>would change by 3 degrees says absurdly little about what could happen locally to places
Most reports I see theorize temperature fluctuations of less than a degree, but act like that .5 degree is going to annihilate all life on the planet.

So if it would have been 70 degrees it's instead 70.5 degrees. Truly the end times. Especially when they're talking about these changes happening in 20-30 years!
>>
GLOBALIST CLIMATEFAGS BTFO
>GLOBALIST CLIMATEFAGS BTFO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOFhpoDY0As
>>
>>128056396
This.
>>
>>128042265
>climate change deniers

Stopped reading there.
>>
>>128042869
Wrong, we know climate change is real becuase the Earth has cooled and heated up many times over the course of its life. Over, and over again.

The debate isn't even if it's man made, the debate is if man's actions have expedited or created a larger shift than normal.

Which is the nugget of truth, as there always is, that subverting money grabbing fucks/globalists built their entire bullshit fantasy around. Al Gore told me I'd be under fucking water by now like 20 years ago.
>>
File: NewHolmes1.jpg (24KB, 306x448px) Image search: [Google]
NewHolmes1.jpg
24KB, 306x448px
>>128056403
yeah tell me all about it sven
>>
I'm convinced climate scientists don't actually care. They talk about it so fucking much yet their understanding of it is trivial compared to nearly every other field of science. You'd think they'd be making breakthroughs every other day but the closest to a 'solution' they have for the problem is switching everything to green energy and hoping their doomsday predictions don't come true.

Yeah, real impressive work there.
>>
>>128057140
>Ozone hole

We actually had evidence that CFC gases, used in shit like spray-cans, was depleting atmospheric ozone. So we stopped using them. Hmmm..

https://m.phys.org/news/2013-05-global-chlorofluorocarbons-carbon-dioxide.html
>>
>>128058203
It would be more accurate to think of it as, amount of kinetic energy in the atmosphere, molecular motion being the definition of temperature (more motion = higher temp). So a temperature increase doesn't necessarily translate into heat. It could just mean faster winds or more weather systems.

Since I've asked this twice and not gotten an answer, I'll ask again. What percentage of climate change is human caused and what percentage is naturally occurring? If you can't answer this basic question with at least a ballpark figure, you don't know what you're talking about (this is directed at the climate niggers).
>>
How come they can't predict tomorrows weather accurately but they can predict weather 30 years from now? I feel like I've seen an answer to this but I can't remember it.
>>
>>128058773
>They talk about it so fucking much yet their understanding of it is trivial compared to nearly every other field of science. You'd think they'd be making breakthroughs every other day

The simplest answer is the most true.

You can't make breakthroughs if there's no problem.
>>
File: ayylmao.jpg (174KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
ayylmao.jpg
174KB, 1024x768px
>>128058384
>covfefe
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4uLJmIGS2g

Putin said it best. We must learn to adapt, not tax the fucking air (carbon tax in Canada)
>>
>>128056084
His argument ends up being
>It'll be cheaper to stop the warming now than deal with it later
But at the rate technology advances I'd always assumed the opposite. Throwing windmills all over the place for pathetic energy gains seems like a pathetic attempt, pissing in the ocean when we really don't have a reasonable solution that isn't SHUT EVERYTHING DOWN and crippling quality of life.

Future generations will hopefully figure something out, and I'm fine with limiting pointless contributions to the problem, but the propositions always seem dreadfully pathetic either in what they give compared to the alternative or what reduction they really make.
>>
>>128058966
>We actually had evidence that CFC gases, used in shit like spray-cans, was depleting atmospheric ozone. So we stopped using them. Hmmm..

Just one problem. The ozone hole didn't go away... It got bigger.

So MSM stopped talking about it.
>>
File: wNF5EJ.jpg (138KB, 900x577px) Image search: [Google]
wNF5EJ.jpg
138KB, 900x577px
>>128042265
I challenge you to preserve your genes.

>>128022215
>>128022215
>>128022215
>>
>>128042265
Suppose you are an alien and you are observing a country X which contains two classes of people, which we'll call A and B. You observe the following:

Every year, thousands of people of class B are attacked, raped and killed by people of class A. The converse is extremely rare - at least, rare enough to be a cause celebre. (BTW, I love the argument that class-A people attack, rape and kill other class-A people as well. As though this were some great saving grace.)

Large areas of X, including entire major cities, have been ethnically cleansed by the departure of class-B people fleeing class-A violence.

Versus class-As, class-Bs are systematically disfavored in competition for educational and professional positions.

Many, even most, people of class A accept a canonical ideology which justifies this situation as a moral response to unidentifiable, irreparable, and ancient wrongs, and appears to motivate ongoing attacks, which are often defended by responsible authorities. In fact, the belief that it is actually the class-Bs who are oppressing the class-As is widespread.

While class-Bs are a numerical majority in some regions, they are a substantial minority on the entire planet. Many respectable and influential people advocate the abolition of all migration controls worldwide, leaving the class-As in a perfect position to extend their theory of violence to a policy of global conquest and destruction. While this is not about to happen tomorrow, over the next century it is quite plausible.

Now. Would you, as a responsible alien obeying all directives for diplomatic communication with primitive planets, suggest to the class-Bs that there was some other problem that they should be worrying about instead? Something more important? Something even scarier? Such as, oh, I don't know, unusually warm weather?
>>
Before watching this video I did not beleive in man made climate change. If what the Jew said about the carbon 13 thang is legit, that's enough to sway me in believing. But it will be cheaper to fix it in the future, and most predictions would still be just doomsday nahhhhaaa
>>
>>128052611
If your smooth-brained "idea" had any basis in reality then all greenhouses would be fridges.

You sodding bellend.
>>
>>128058966
>We actually had evidence that CFC gases, used in shit like spray-cans, was depleting atmospheric ozone
At a rate that was less than .005% of the total ozone layer per year. It was fear mongering.

I suggest you read some books about the ozone hysteria and see what the scientists at the time actually had for evidence.

Hint: The hole was less than 1% of the size they depicted, and it was actually gaining back it's loss 6 months after the first big news report. Turns out most of the loss was due to abnormal sun activity!
>>
>>128042265
climategate.
>>
>>128059674
I like your argument but the average person is too dumb to follow that so it won't be changing any minds.
>>
>>128042265
>I challenge climate change deniers
I am not a denier. I think humanitiy should increase CO2 output.
>>
File: 1493965952296.jpg (73KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1493965952296.jpg
73KB, 600x800px
>>128058747
>>
File: OEMGlmr[1].gif (2MB, 800x646px) Image search: [Google]
OEMGlmr[1].gif
2MB, 800x646px
>>128059587
It changes over time.

If you look at years where it got bigger you'll see one group of articals from that year going "SEE! WE WERE RIGHT, IT'S GETTING BIGGER STOP POLLUTING!"

On years it gets smaller there's a new group going "SEE! WE WERE RIGHT, IT GOT SMALLER AFTER WE BANNED THE CHEMICALS!"

Then they switch places again.
>>
>>128059886
>If your smooth-brained
Was that an anime reference or just really autistic?

>ny basis in reality then all greenhouses would be fridges.
Right, because glass is made of Co2?

Ya limey bastard.
>>
>>128044736
>climate change is happening
>therefore we need to give china/india billions of dollars and enact strict economic hampering regulations why they pollute without restriction
>>
>>128042265

>positive feedback loops

If the positive feedback loops are real, why isn't Earth currently like Venus?

Even if we managed to burn up all the available fossil fuels and release all that CO2 to the atmosphere, we wouldn't reach historic peak CO2 levels at this point.
>>
>>128060043
ozone can be produced by electrolysis using a 9 volt battery, a pencil graphite rod cathode, a platinum wire anode and a 3 molar sulfuric acid electrolyte.

If we cared we'd have fixed it.
>>
File: PepeI.png (36KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
PepeI.png
36KB, 640x640px
>>128060008
This. I want shorter winters and lower food prices for African Dindus.
>>
File: DeathOfEurope.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
DeathOfEurope.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>128060020
"WOW, I can't even" the image. Here's what actual some companies with actual names are doing to your shithole.
>>
>>128042265
All of the activism would disappear overnight if a law was passed that rationed electricity use to 5k watts per person, homes no larger than 1000sf and made private jet and helicopter use illegal.
>>
>>128060020
They've also been brainwashed by a marxist ideology pushed on college campuses. It's really a backdoor way to hobble certain industrial nations (USA) that aren't keeping their living standard close enough to the global average and people are jealous. Notice China gets a pass to pollute all they want, which is why they can stand there and lecture the US for leaving. If we got the deal they got, we wouldn't leave the Paris accords. It's not about climate. It's about bringing the US down a peg.
>>
>>128060650
I'd laugh all the way to my cuckshed.
>>
>>128060043
Trump should take some of the money saved from pulling out of the Paris agreement and use it to research the Ozone hole. See if it's related to the Earth's magnetic field or some shit.
>>
>>128060650
>5k watts per person

Why does the rate of energy matter? Did you mean Watt Hour? That's a unit of energy.
>>
>>128060650
Yes. limit the bourgeois appetite and protect the proletariat.
>>
I don't care about the earth when I can't feed my kids
>>
>>128060957
Put a CD in the microwave the electric arcs create ozone.
>>
>>128061030
You know what he's getting at: >>128061036
>>
>>128060957
I shit you not it probably has more to do with the polar regions being mostly ice so they reflect too much of the suns rays back into the atmosphere causing a thinning of atmospheric layers.

If they could show thinning anywhere else on the planet it might help their agenda but they never could.
>>
>>128060957
Real talk he should use the money to fund the wall.

Could you imagine? COULD YOU FUCKING IMAGINE?!
>>
Fake and gay
MAGA
>>
>>128061254
Yeah and like it if he put in the effort to get his units right when he acts sanctimoniously.
>>
File: 1251847288313.jpg (15KB, 241x239px) Image search: [Google]
1251847288313.jpg
15KB, 241x239px
>>128043729

But their ideas to avoid Doomsday effectively bring about a different kind of Doomsday with less resources available to people. These are same people who say we need to save the climate for our children, while in the same breath claim we're over populated and we're the cause of the Earth's woes. These things contradict each other because they actually don't give a shit about anyone's grandchildren -- they give a shit about controlling the behaviors of human beings they don't like.
>>
>>128061030
don't correct me, shitbag, I'm an electrical engineer. 5k watts, available power is what an average home uses at any one time. kwh are usage over time.
>>
>>128061278
No it has to do with the planet being a ball.
>>
>>128060650
This is a fantastic idea. Start with private jets, by far the biggest polluter per user. Suddenly the climate "crisis" would be over.
>>
>>128060020
shit.... you got me......
definitely none of those 90% of scientists are worried that what little bit of funding they receive would be completely shut off if they display any contradictory evidence to their overlord's narrative
>>
these people are asking us not to believe our lying eyes. the climate has been the exact fucking same my whole life. i dont care what data you are pulling out of your arse. ask anyone if they personally have noticed any difference whatsoever. ask your grand parents if they have noticed any fucking change!!
>>
>>128059908
I suggest you read the link I included.
>>
>>128042265
Is pol a project to get the world annihilated? To get the dull majority to go along with retarded policies?
>>
>>128061586
So they can still use too much energy as long as they consume it slower?

How would you apply that to a gasoline car?

watt hours is just an easier unit, stop painting yourself into a corner.
>>
>>128061278
Not to get off topic, but it may be related to the secret Antarctic base and is probably why they don't seem interested in it anymore. The ozone hole is over the south pole, right? Shit, it's been awhile. I remember this being THE FUCKING ISSUE all through the 90s. And then it was totally ignored, even though nothing about it changed. Climate doomsayers have such a bad track record, lol.
>>
File: f7FdEdG.jpg (10KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
f7FdEdG.jpg
10KB, 260x194px
>>128042818
It's true. This is nothing new. Fear is a great way to control people.
>>
File: Strawman.jpg (40KB, 482x298px) Image search: [Google]
Strawman.jpg
40KB, 482x298px
>>128060020
>Leftists favorite argument
>>
>>128061572
>they give a shit about controlling the behaviors of human beings they don't like.

Correct. Like socialism, it's about putting themselves in charge and becoming the new elite. It has nothing to do with the stated desires.
>>
>>128061526
All other things aside, really?

Did you see the holocaust of garbage and Starbucks cups left in the wake of the women's march?

You think it's sancious to ask this brand of people to do without for five fucking seconds in their life so they can understand how fucked their perspectives actually are?
>>
>>128062091
sanctimonious*
>>
>>128042265
I don't have to refute the points because it's referencing papers that have already been debunked.
>>
>>128062091
If he is going to hold himself up as more intelligent than others he should get his units correct. That's all.
>>
>>128061719
What about the last 8 years then? Is that logic out the window?
>>
>>128054979
>They can't answer that question so it's just a virtue signaling industry.
>Sonewhere between 0% and insignificant%

I'm willing to concede that it's > 0. But there's got to be an estimate somewhere. Hasn't anyone even tried to come up with this number? Until someone can show a model that predicts this number and then supports that with evidence, this is a pointless argument.

So there's no actual "science" to climate science I take it.
>>
File: DBQ6CLHVwAAnYAn.jpg (96KB, 1200x955px) Image search: [Google]
DBQ6CLHVwAAnYAn.jpg
96KB, 1200x955px
agreed my dude
>>
>>128062349
I think they have the gall to say "we're warming the planet so much our models can't predict it any more!"
>>
>>128061433
kek
>>
Increasing CO2 will just increase the plant life and vegetation on Earth.

Checkmate, commies.
>>
>>128042265
Earth is flat, therefore it invalidates the video. Thank you.
>>
>>128062372
Climate Science is basically the latin version of the King James bible.

People can't understand it, so people who claim to can easily manipulate the others.
>>
I'll save you 7 minutes. The video explains global warming with the desire to stop emitting CO2 emissions.

Just make a video about ending fossil fuel consumption, please or at least, make a vehicle that works just as good if not better on electric. You have money, use it for that rather than huge coke parties and strippers.
>>
File: al-gore.jpg (324KB, 700x433px) Image search: [Google]
al-gore.jpg
324KB, 700x433px
>>128042265

Al Gore flew into my city on his private jet to tell me I consume too much energy and need to buy his book.
>>
File: 1495404640774.gif (859KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1495404640774.gif
859KB, 1200x675px
There's a new sheriff in town, normies.
>>
>>128062714
This image brings back my earliest redpilled keks, only to have people look at me in horror about it.
>>
>>128042265
I don't care about if climate change is happening, if anything I welcome the Greening of the earth. I hope the icecaps melt, the sea levels rise, and many endangered species become extinct. Colonizing Antarctica would be awesome. If we become an endangered species ourselves we would deserve it. Maybe it will bring more people to the Lord.
>>
>>128061895
you are too dumb to have this conversation with me. if I put a 20 amp service in your house, the only way to exceed 5k watts is to jump the breaker and burn your house down.
I wouldn't object to rationing gasoline either.
>>
>>128042265
The only relevant points are climate sensitivity and accuracy of models, and the video is extremely misleading on both points

http://www.coyoteblog.com/coyote_blog/2016/03/denying-the-climate-catastrophe-1-introduction.html

Read this series
>>
>>128042869
I am so fucking sick of morons like you. Trying to split hairs to make it seems like you have a valid point

>"oh look! he technically used to wrong terminology even though it's a figure of speech and everyone knows what he meant. Lol I guess 30 years of scientific data is all bullshit"

Honestly neck yourself you ignorant faggot. The only thing worse than a moron like you, is a moron who thinks he can out-argue someone by pulling teeth with semantics like that.
>>
>>128062400
lol
>>
>>128044131
Nature also happens to absorb those 24 units of carbon dioxide. Photosynthesis you know? How plants get their food?

>>murican education
Oh, who am I kidding, of course you don't about photosynthesis.
>>
>>128062676
The priest-class/religious comparison with modern "science" is absolutely spot-on. It's the same reason there are people who believe there was evidence of Russian hacking, yet every networking pro who can understand the Crowdstrike release is like "nah."
>>
>>128062996
Progressive arguments often end in rhetoric and semantic wars.
>>
>>128042818
The longterm effects make things shittier for the most of us that live in coastal regions, and desertification makes things worse for flyover country as well
>>
>>128058384
>as a long time trump supporter

shill detected
>>
>>128042265
I look out my window.
The wharf was built in the 30s.
When it's low tide, the boats can't even get out of the wharf sometimes.
It's been like that, no more, no less, for the last 80 years.
Where are our rising waters?
>>
>>128062996

don't use imprecise words like "climate change" then when your opponents also think the climate changes. you are the retarded one for using these gimmicky PR generated slick bullshit terms.

You believe in Anthropogenic Global Warming so just grow some fucking balls and admit it already.
>>
>>128042514
Either way we win
>climate change is real
>everyone in Sweden dies
>climate change is false
>we just made America great again
>>
>>128063513
>effects
>things that exist
>>
>>128063521
No wonder our board gets trolled so hard.
>>
>wearing a YouTube shirt

automatically disregarded, the guy is a shill towing the line for (((google)))
>>
The only countries who would somewhat honor this agreement would be US, because it is ruled by foreign donors, and maybe a few cvcked european countries, because they are cvkced. Other will just ignore it.
>>
File: globalwarming.png (298KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
globalwarming.png
298KB, 1366x768px
>>128042265
>>
>>128052390
Do you have any idea on how much energy would have to be released for that to happen...
>>
>>128043566
It wasn't "in balance", but the best possible climate is always the one we have, because that's what we have adapted our lives to. If it changes drastically, then we'll have water shortages in places where we didn't have them before, crops won't go in areas where they grew before, and coastal areas will be flooded. Couple it the overpopulation problem, and we'll have an even worse migrant crisis 50 years from now than the current one.
>>
>>128045441
our country would be last country on earth to go underwater
>>
>>128042265
The Paris deal is not and was not going to curb emissions. Despite everything that you believe about politicians and their incredible and asking magical abilities they are not going solve the problem with a treaty.
>>
File: 1410820335384.png (482KB, 806x806px) Image search: [Google]
1410820335384.png
482KB, 806x806px
>>128064168
Then stop all the bullshit and call it terraforming.

Learning to terraform our world before it kicks us off with naturally occurring cycles that WILL happen again, no matter what we do of blowing this rock up.

Goddamn fuckin commie bastards building entire soul sucking fortresses like ideology's around rhetoric and criticizing everyone around them instead of trying to fix the problems they bitch about.
>>
>>128054989
we hadn't exactly evolved at that point
>>
>>128045362
Over 90%of climate models are wrong. So these 7 points are 90%wrong at a mini mum
>>
In Georgian Bay it's common knowledge that the water level is on a 7 year cycle (or something like that). I know, it's a lake not an ocean, but it's a Great Lake. I've never heard an explanation.
>>
>>128061652
that's right. and remove first class from all commercial jets, it wastes too much fuel. everyone has to fly economy. In fact, remove the seats from the plane, everyone sits on cargo nets.
>>
File: 1493338888532.jpg (20KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1493338888532.jpg
20KB, 400x400px
>>128062996
>Getting this mad
>>
>>128044446
Very convenient for you how that graph cuts off at about 1930...
>>
>>128064577
Man-made climate change is more imminent than anything natural, so it makes sense that they would focus their efforts on that.
>>
>>128064831
Wrong to what extent? A model isn't "right" or "wrong". You look at how well it correlates to actual data. Yes there have been plenty of models that weren't good, but they tend to get discarded or adjusted to make them better. The ones that actually get used are the better ones.
>>
File: 1487298517399.jpg (51KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1487298517399.jpg
51KB, 500x500px
>>128042265
Here you go, OP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_RuverrEZ4
>>
>>128063513

You're basing your assumptions on a temperature model from the 1960s that can't predict the temperature correctly for more than two weeks.
>>
>>128044131
This is part of the natural carbon cycle in which the same amount of carbon leaves sinks and enters the atmosphere each year as is removed from the atmosphere back into sinks.

We are adding a perturbation to this cycle by putting more carbon into the atmosphere than can be removed by sinks. The sinks have grown somewhat to offset this (global greening), but this growth is significantly exceeded by the amount that we add to the atmosphere every year.

The evidence for this is that the concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere has risen, since the industrial revolution, to a level greater than has been present for hundreds of thousands of years.
>>
This thread is proof that we can have thorough intelligent discussions on 4chan. Much more coherent and civilized than most normies. I'm glad to be a 4channer even if you think I'm dumb for thinking climate change is a hoax.
>>
>>128067491
A model that reasonably accurately predicts long term trends after 1960. There's value in using a model that is from old data when it's proven its accuracy thus far.

The model is not designed to predict short term weather in the weeks range. It's designed to predict trends over decades.
>>
>>128067497
>We are adding a perturbation to this cycle by putting more carbon into the atmosphere than can be removed by sinks. The sinks have grown somewhat to offset this (global greening), but this growth is significantly exceeded by the amount that we add to the atmosphere every year.

The US has genetically modified plants to absorb more CO2. The Paris Accords are outdated for our level of technology.

Why should we cuck ourselves just because the rest of the world can't keep up with us?
>>
I think climate change is real, and is being expedited by our actions on earth.
>>
>>128066740
Yeah, just like man-made concepts need to be dismantled and digested to death.

Not actually do anything about it mind you, just dismantled and criticized OH and don't forget to donate to the cause so we can talk about it some more!

So we'll bitch about men or whites or whatever and sit in class and attack the culture from all sides, deconstructing classical literature to show racism or sexism or whatever useful ism that didn't exist at the time of the writing.

All this shit does is implicate and aggravate a sense of rage, separatism, and victimology and it's assigned to the ONLY FUCKING culture that's worked to eradicate the injustices.

The criticisms also never provide an alternative, what might have been better, what might have worked in its place, what alternative have been tried successfully in the past, nothing. Just criticize, aggravate and implicate.

Fuck them and fuck you.
>>
File: IpunHXb.jpg (111KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
IpunHXb.jpg
111KB, 1024x819px
>>128042265
This faggot says that the 12 of the 14 hottest years were in the last century. He is an idiot. Has he not heard of the Jurassic?
>>
>>128067907
>The US has genetically modified plants to absorb more CO2
And what are you going to do with that? Replace all the existing tree species in the Amazon with higher CO2 absorbing variants?

If you had done any research on this issue, you would know that scientists have already given a great deal of consideration to the emerging field of geoengineering. But anything which could be done on a large enough scale to make up for the enormous increase in CO2 concentrations would itself cause enormous changes to our ecoystems (like stratospheric aerosols), or would have costs far exceeding the cost of mitigating our emissions now.

I'm sure you won't bother, but you could start with the Royal Society's 2009 report on geoengineering if you want to actually learn something.
>>
>>128042265
3 seconds in and he already sounds like a fag
>>
>>128045588
That's literally the point of the Paris agreement, which your le epic BASED Donald has gone and done a great big shit upon.
>>
Milankovitch cycles are the cause.

If global warming is caused by humans, first logical step would be to decrease the earth's population. And if it is caused by humans it's a third world problem, only they can "fix" it. There's African nations promoting to their people, 'why have only 4 kids when you can have 11' .

By 2040 there will be more than 9 billion people on the planet. Whatever measures are taken now will be rendered obsolete by then.
>>
>>128068667
The fact that I believe climate change to be a problem doesn't mean I necessarily agree with all the proposed solutions (carbon tax and other retarded shit) and the guilt-tripping bullshit ("it's whitey's fault"). You are just as retarded as the leftists if you deny it or use some retarded reasoning like "climate has always been changing" to downplay its effects, you're just on the opposite end of the spectrum.
>>
>>128068695
That's a silverfish, got tonnes of 'em in my house. I was afraid at first but then after extensive research I found out their true nature. They actually clean up all the other bugs like crazy. Top of the food chain for house insects.

Sometimes they're just fucking annoying to come across so I'll kill them, they gotta know who's the real boss around here.
>>
>>128068695
He obviously meant recorded temperatures, and the fucking Jurassic period is totally irrelevant, the fucking continents didn't even have the same shape back then for fuck's sake.
>>
>>128069683
So you think we should have made the deal? If not then we're literally talking about something separate from this whole shit storm.

Becuase it had NOTHING to do with climate change.
>>
>>128068695
I hate these things. They live in my backyard and I wish I knew a permanent way of getting rid of them.
>>
>>128042265
Is this guy a climatologist?
No?
Then fuck his video of stuff he pulled of the interwebs.
I studied under a PHD in climatology, whose field is paleoclimatology, whose life's work has been researching drought throghout the epochs.
His words "There is no way to determine if increased CO2 levels are anthropogenic because of active volcano activity. All climate data pre 1960 is totally unreliable."
That's it. Any models including temps pre 1960 are based on shotty data. There's umpteen models that supposedly prove anthropogenic don't work in regression, meaning they don't accurately predict temps and conditions that are recorded from now to 1960.
There is plenty to debate.
Sorry you didn't take a graduate level course in climatology.
I did, from a really respected guy, who's backed up by some really respected guy that have models that do forecast and match the past that say the sea level is going to rise a little, but that's it.
So what?
Sea level has risen way higher and dropped lower in the past.
Look up terrace formations. There's a range of over 10,000 ft. Have fun looking at that shit. It's boring.
We're ants. We don't amount to shit.
>>
I'm all for curbing the environmental damage we cause as a species, what I'm skeptical of is the motives and ability of international organizations to accomplish this in any meaningful way.
>>
>>128042265
lucky for me i'm an Anthropogenic Climate Change skeptic, and your side sent an uneducated preacher to prosletyze.
good like finding one of the 50-100 "climate change deniers" worldwide on any single board.
sage for the uneducated faggot who wants to larp as a real scientist.
>>
>>128070603
The post I originally replied to didn't mention the climate deal, and neither did the OP. I get that this whole surge in climateposting is because of Trump declining the deal, but this thread is mostly about the issue of climate change denial in general.
I don't know the exact terms of the climate deal that he declined, so I don't have an opinion about that. It probably had some stupid shit in it desu.
>>
>>128070082
>top of the bug food chain
>pretty much the most horrible disgusting bug itself
>>
>>128071361
America sends shitholes like China and (((others))) a bunch of money to fix their pollution problem.

There's also something about women, refugees and minorities for some reason.
>>
>>128042265

> The Veritasium guy is a REAL scientist

Not.a.scientist.

Scientists don't/can't shill
>>
>>128068695
>>128070082
>>128071534
not silverfish. house centipede
>me and roommate chillin
>see a big one of these fuckers on the hallway wall
>pussy out and tell him to smash it
>both on edge as fuck
>he gets a paper towel, slowly approaches, then smashes it
>we both stare where it got smashed
>"did you get it?"
>"i think so.."
>barely pulls his hand from the wall then half the thing starts running across
>both of us flip our shits but he smashes it again
>>
>>128042265
https://www.prageru.com/courses/environmental-science/climate-change-what-do-scientists-say
Thread posts: 259
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.