[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what do you think about this science-deniers ?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

File: qi.png (256KB, 1316x1030px) Image search: [Google]
qi.png
256KB, 1316x1030px
what do you think about this science-deniers ?
>>
>>128008812
Soo.. More than half of the participants are 30% or less atheist. Being 0% atheist had the widest representation.

Is this supposed to show that christianity is based and atheism is a biproduct of spergdom?
>>
>>128009383
Into the '''shower''' retard.
>>
File: iq skin.jpg (285KB, 957x1200px) Image search: [Google]
iq skin.jpg
285KB, 957x1200px
>belief in a god

so it's Africans and Muslims skewing the data
>>
>No correlation coefficient shown
Hmm
>>
File: 3e2.jpg (118KB, 680x907px) Image search: [Google]
3e2.jpg
118KB, 680x907px
>>128008812

Believing in a deity doesn't make you a "science denier".

But keep on tipping that fedora.
>>
>The authors reported a correlation of 0.60 between atheism rates and level of intelligence, which was determined to be "highly statistically significant".[5]

>0.6
>highly statistically significant
Social sciences, everybody...
>>
>>128009807
>top european IQ is italy

meds confirmed master race
>>
>>128009807
holy shit Baltics > Israel
>>
>>128009383
this is what they mean by mental gymnastics
>>
How can you be a degree of atheism? It's like being a degree of a sex
>>
>>128010146
I'm putting France on the list.
>>
>>128008812
this is a shitty argument tbqh
>>
>>128009807
nvm just noticed Lithuania
>>
>>128010448
At least the frog understands statistics. More than what can be said about the author of the OP article.
>>
>>128008812
Probably a case of "too many Africans" in the sample. The positive correlation between intelligence and atheism seems to be accurate though. You can only have so much faith the more you study structure and function in the world. Obvious questions start to jump out at you like "Where is all the divine intervention?" "Why is it a sin to question God? Why is God jealous and wrathful but hasn't burned up modern Sodom yet?"

The fact of existence suggests two possibilities: Either Chaos Theory is true and something can come from nothing or Eternal Creative Forces exist. e.g God, Gods, The Force, etc.

If you main complaint with religion is that it won't let you be a butt fucker or that marriage is One man = One woman, you don't know shit about trying to run a peaceful society.
>>
Third worlder peoples with sub 80 IQ are dominantly devout.
>>
>>128008812
It shows me that average IQ are most likely to be fedora. Once above average people go back to believing. OP is a fag, go back to plebbit, etc.
>>
>>128010448
0.6 is moderately significant, not "highly statistically significant". Highly significant would be 0.8 or more.
It's probable their protocole is full of shit and bias and they're politically motivated so they "weeded" their sample out so it fits to 0.6 so they can say "see religious people are retards".
I didn't read the full wikipedia article, but the study is about adolescents, not adults.
>>
>>128008812
einstin believed in god, chart btfo.

tesla too I think.
>>
>>128008812
>remove African voodoo retards from graph
>note that for white people Atheism correlates to a decline in IQ
>suddenly correlation does not imply causation, says the filthy neckbearded
>>
Isaac Newton believed in God.
1.) Kill yourself.
2.) Get the fuck out.
>>
>>128008812
Atheistic peak at 94 IQ
>>
>>128010919
Not that I think the idea behind the OP's chart is a valid one, however let's not ignore facts. Einstein did not believe in any god

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_and_philosophical_views_of_Albert_Einstein#Personal_God

"I do not believe in a personal God"
I don't know about Tesla, but I also don't particularly care.
>>
>>128008812
>Peaks in somewhat agnostic range

Seems about correct, yeah.
>>
>>128008812
That isn't an argument at all.

Before you say anything, I'm an atheist.
>>
>>128011163
source?
>>
>>128011328
Source?
>>
>>128011163
WTF are you talking about leaf?
>>
>>128010873
Statistical significance of a correlation is determined by magnitude of correlation and number of observations. If the correlation is low, the statistical significance can be very high, if the number of observations is large enough.
>>
>>128012285
take OP's graph
remove data points for African nations
note the new pattern that forms has a negative slope
>>
File: Untitled.png (13KB, 579x233px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
13KB, 579x233px
>>
File: 1492912818912.jpg (44KB, 548x300px) Image search: [Google]
1492912818912.jpg
44KB, 548x300px
People who go against science and believe gender is a social construct deserve to be destroyed.
>>
Atheists are more likely to kill themselves, get addicted to heavy drugs and alcohol, partake in ultra degenerate activities, be cunts in all aspects, etc.
>>
>>128008812
All this shows, which we already know, is that intelligent humans are prone to questioning things, and unintelligent humans are better off following a code of conduct given to them. Hence, why we have religion.
Communist degenerates who worship moral relativism are all low IQ atheists, because you retards don't have any code of conduct, and you thought it was a good idea to raise your down syndrome children without one too.
Good job atheists, you really show those Christians you know how to life better than anyone.
>>
File: télécharger.png (650KB, 640x2715px) Image search: [Google]
télécharger.png
650KB, 640x2715px
>>128012309
The wikipedia article is poorly worded. The sample is 6000 or so kids, so it's high number of observation, but the coefficient of correlation is still moderate, which means even with a huge sample they couldn't really prove anything highly significant. As 0.6 is in the lower limit, and not knowing how rigorously they selected the sample, it could just be error margin.
But it's social science, and psychology at that, and the protocoles in these disciplines aren't very rigorous, to the point the majority of these studies can't even be replicated.
So yeah, it's statistically significant, but what is statistically significant is that the correlation is in the lower limit of moderate.
It looks like other scientists proposed other explanations about this, such as wealth (which is indeed correlated with religiosity) as a better explanation for this, rather than religiosity in itself.
>>
File: iq.png (27KB, 599x350px) Image search: [Google]
iq.png
27KB, 599x350px
>>128009807
Africa :'D
>>
Atheism is the #1 greatest threat to science.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AW30h_DxhY
They prioritize feeling above academic freedom.
>>
>>128008812
They don't exist
>>
>>128009807
This
>>
>>128011360
Einstein did believe in God and Tesla too. That's a fact, you can't consider the only quotation you like.
>>
>>128016517
I literally linked to an article with several quotations but feel free to ignore that.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.