[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If different species aren't able to produce fertile offspring

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0182.jpg (56KB, 604x403px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0182.jpg
56KB, 604x403px
If different species aren't able to produce fertile offspring then why is the Wholphin (false killer whale x bottlenose dolphin) fertile?

What about the fertile beefalo? (Cattle x Bison)?
>>
>>127997063
Different species doesnt mean the 2 animals cant produce viable offspring, it means they dont in the wild. This could be due to geographic seperation, different mating seasons/practices, etc etc.
>>
>>127997063
The species concept is a social construct.
>>
>>127997249
If you force different animals to live with each other, they will.
>>
>>127997063
Semantics I think
Some people define species this way (if the offspring is fertile => parents are of same species)
>>
>>127997666
So two different animals producing a fertile offspring -> same species?

Liberals will go to any length to defend race mixing.
>>
>>127997513
Yeah. The species concept is basically populations who are not exchanging genes and are therefore drifting apart genetically. You can take a member of each population and make them mate but the populations are still at some point in the process of speciating. Given time the popluations will become physically unable to produce viable offspring due to accumualtion of genetic differences
>>
>>127997814
As I said, semantics.
Making up ways to classify biological organisms can be problematic cause of the way evolution works
>>
File: hhj.gif (3MB, 562x540px) Image search: [Google]
hhj.gif
3MB, 562x540px
>>127997063
There are several different definition of species. Each are used in different context and fields.

For instance, you can't use the breeding barrier definition on extinct animals like dinosaurs. And to use the same definition for both plants and animal is ridiculous.

Species is just a concept to easily separate taxons for study, it isn't rock solid
>>
>>127997249
They sometimes do in the wild but the offspring are usually maladapted to their environment and do not survive long.
>>
>>127998190
>>127998388
>>127998897

All this is telling me is that niggers are the same species as whites.
>>
>>127999359
Are not*
>>
>>127997249
Sounds like the relation berween humans and niggers
>>
>>127997063
Because the concept of species is a human one, and it's imperfect no matter what species concept you use.

What do you expect us to say?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.