[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

L.A. County homelessness jumps a 'staggering' 23%

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

L.A. County homelessness jumps a 'staggering' 23% as need far outpaces housing, new count shows

The startling jump in homelessness affected every significant demographic group, including youth, families, veterans and the chronically homeless, according to the report. Homeless officials and political leaders pointed to steadily rising housing costs and stagnant incomes as the underlying cause.

Homelessness also increased sharply in the city of Los Angeles, where the count of just over 34,000 was up 20% from 2016.

“There's no sugarcoating the bad news,” Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti said at a news conference Wednesday where the Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority released its report. “We can’t let rents double every year. I was particularly disappointed to see veteran numbers go up.”

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-homeless-count-
>>
>>127973106
Is this unique to California and other nanny states or is it more widespread?

Also:
>Homeless officials and political leaders
what
>>
>>127973106
LA passes a new homeless gibs measure every fucking year, and they're surprised?
>>
>>127973106
>mexico moves in
>city turns into shithole mexico

whoah wonder how that happened
>>
>>127973242
Nationwide as rents and housing prices sky rocket. The Jews and media of course say rising housing prices are a good thing, and the federal reserve is actively trying to make housing more expensive.
>>
>>127973106
Is this because LA is a sactuary city and illegals are flocking there in hordes?
>>
>>127973341
>federal reserve making housing more expensive
>prime rate is lowest in history

Sort yourself out.
>>
>>127973445
Buying mortgage backed securities,
Lowering interest rates makes houses more expensive and thus rents more expensive
>>
Doesn't help when the illegals coming in have no problem living with their entire family in an apartment. Eight people in a small space, four or five working jobs to pay staggering rent. It's seriously fucked. The cost of housing is more than even military allowances for rent and housing costs in the area, which is supposed to match the area. They are even forced to pay out of pocket, additional money, to live in the fucked up city and state. Fuck California.
>>
>>127973106
>political leaders pointed to steadily rising housing costs and stagnant incomes as the underlying cause.
And they never considered perhaps it might be all the free goods and services they provide at tax payer expense that draws them in?
>>
>>127973507
>lowering interest rates makes houses more expensive
>buying up rotten MBSs makes houses more expensive
>rents are effected by minor market fluctuations

Uh...
>>
>>127973106
I really want to see Paris get the 2024 Olympics to show of its diversity, but it would be hilarious to see LA win it.
>>
I hope every deranged leftist stays unemployed and loses any prospect of a job to an illegal immigrant. Dumb fucks.
>>
>>127973106
>L.A
so mexicans cant afford to liver in america any more. why dont they go back?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.